Infantry vs Medium/Heavy Tanks

1 week ago
peshpesh Posts: 2
edited January 8 in Balance Feedback

Hello! I came here to express my frustration caused by UKF/Soviet infantry anti-tank capabilities! I'm mainly playing Wehrmacht and the following thing ruins the game completely for me. Excluding any special commanders the following happens: I am beating my opponent into the mid/late game, i start producing tanks (Pz4/Panther) and when i get them into battle (supported by infantry/HMG) i always get "completely blasted off" by some crazy-suicide comrade with ATGrenade (which disables the engine of my vehicles, yes even PANTHER?!?! 9/10 times?!?!) or some UKF engineer with his "nuclear" grenade? It doesent matter in which direction the grenade is thrown, its 9/10 chance for engine/drive train damage ?!? Another thing: How come 2 squads of "nuclear-nade" throwing infantry is able to force a panther to return for repairs, while 2 squads of PGrens armed with "Tank terror" Pshreks are barely making a dent to T34-85!!!??? Let alone Churchil/Comet ?! Why do i have to retreat my Medium/HEAVY tanks EVERY time in the sight of suicidal-comrades horde attacking me ? Or the Nuclear UKF engineers ? How come a 490MP/185Fuel tank gets so easily countered by 2-3 SIMPLE infantry squads ?! Can someone explain please ? And why Wehrmacht having the most powerful anti-tank weapon sux at fighting tanks with PGrens ?!

Sorry for my english and the heavy frustration, but... really heavy tank getting gangbanged by simple infantry ? :(

P.S. I just had a game where 2 Stars vet PZ4 took 3 shots (yes 3 BOUNCES, not misses!) to destroy T34/85 dead body (1hp, capturable)!!! Outrageous!

Comments

1 week ago
    HatbaronHatbaron Posts: 18
    edited January 11

Vehicles snares like AT grenades only damage the engine if the vehicle is reduced to below 75% health by the snare. So all medium and heavy tanks need to take damage from another source to be snared.

Also I must say I had quite a chuckle seeing someone complain that shreck armed panzergrenadiers were too weak against tanks considering the average forum dribbler usually states the opposite.

And in regards the the note about bouncing on a wreck, it's entirely bad luck and happens to everyone.

6 days ago
    peshpesh Posts: 2

@Hatbaron said:
    Vehicles snares like AT grenades only damage the engine if the vehicle is reduced to below 75% health by the snare. So all medium and heavy tanks need to take damage from another source to be snared.

Also I must say I had quite a chuckle seeing someone complain that shreck armed panzergrenadiers were too weak against tanks considering the average forum dibbler usually states the opposite.

And in regards the the note about bouncing on a wreck, it's entirely bad luck and happens to everyone.

Well an AT grenade eighter conscript one or UKF Engi one always take 1/3 HP of a regular Pz4 and 1/4 of a Panther, ill leave the calculations to you. Chuckle no more, but start a test game vs AI and try taking down a Churchil, Comet, KV1, KV8, T34-85 (While conscripts or any AT infantry/UKF Engi or any AT infantry have no problem at all to tackle/scare a Panther/Brummbar!). You will see what i mean :) Thanks for the reply, always good to hear another opinion :)