64 Bit Update Bug Reporting

1 month ago
Andy_REAndy_RE Posts: 299 admin
edited January 19 in Bug Reporting

Hi everyone,

We hope you are enjoying the 64 bit update thus far.

If you encounter any bugs, it would be great if you could report them here.

Note, before reporting, please ensure you have verified your game files.

If after verifying your game files, you are having major issues or consistent crashes, firstly please submit bugsplat reports.

Additionally, feel free to submit details of your issue here. Providing your hardware specs would also be useful.

Known Issue Workarounds

• Unable to launch mod tools or worldbuilder: If you wish to use either of these tools immediately, you can patch to the 32 bit legacy beta. Instructions outlined here

• For players using a 240hz monitor who are experiencing a blank screen: For now, please add "-refresh 120" to your Steam launch arguments.

Comments

1 month ago
    Chilonic3Chilonic3 Posts: 18

is this just the 64 bit update? or is also the winter update? can you give me all the change of the winter update? please

1 month ago

we have a real problem with droppers players. meke a option to reconect the match or change droppers with hard CPU.

1 month ago
    Rifle_143Rifle_143 Posts: 1
    edited January 19

Unit display (The one on the top right that usually show what unit have you) sometime does not apprear
    Unbuildable sandbag sometime does not show up the red display (This happen when I tried to build sangbag way to close to a flagpole)
    For some reason, I encounter more sync error than before (Used to be very rare) but now I got 3 sync error just in an hour and follow with a bugslat
    Spec:
    Nvidia GTX 1060 (Laptop version)
    Nvidia Driver version 456.38
    16G DDR4-2666 Ram
    i7-8750H CPU 2.20GHz
    512H M.2 SSD

1 month ago
    MikeyMikey Posts: 36
    edited January 20

It's simply amazing, how you keep making bad things even worse all the time. Instead of making it better, you guys f*** it up once again. It takes like 15 seconds, to get into the lobby. Now after 10 mins of playing 4v4 on steppes, the game just crashes without any notification. And it's not crying about normal bugs. The game is broken since it's release. Faust-bug and AT-nade-bug are still there, only for axis of course. I payed for a game, which is still not playable, like it's supposed to be after 7 years. Oh yeah, MakoCelo does'nt work anymore, same with stats. The worst thing is, that you still lose matches simply because someone either crashes, or decides to drop and those quitters don't get punished for it. Not to mention the hackers and team killers. Unbelievable what a bunch of amateurs you guys are.

1 month ago

@Mikey dijo:
    It's simply amazing, how you keep making bad things even worse all the time. Instead of making it better, you guys f*** it up once again. It takes like 15 seconds, to get into the lobby. Now after 10 mins of playing 4v4 on steppes, the game just crashes without any notification. And it's not crying about normal bugs. The game is broken since it's release. Faust-bug and AT-nade-bug are still there, only for axis of course. I payed for a game, which is still not playable, like it's supposed to be after 7 years. Oh yeah, MakoCelo does'nt work anymore, same with stats. The worst thing is, that you still lose matches simply because someone either crashes, or decides to drop and those quitters don't get punished for it. Not to mention the hackers and team killers. Unbelievable what a bunch of amateurs you guys are.

I agree with you OKW was a amazing faction but now after all the update is caputte

1 month ago
    NutthaNuttha Posts: 1
    edited January 20

I can't run the game in version 64, before I can still play normally. And so is my friend group, I tried checking the game files or deleted them again and the results were the same.

spec pc
    Win10home 64.
    I3 10100
    VGA 1060 6GB
    RAM 16GB

1 month ago

valentine tank can't move while shooting smoke and

1 month ago
    PersianImm0rtalPersianIm… Posts: 2
    edited January 20

For some reason I can only log into the relic forums with Internet Explorer? Maybe I need to clear cookies.. I don't know...

Anyways, I will like to report some bugs. First of all the chat rooms are broken, you can no longer go to the different chatrooms like "Looking For Group" ect. Chat button is broken. Leaderboards are broken, player card is broken, and recent matches page is broken too. Also, you can no longer search spectator games to view your friends games. In fact spectator games is probably completely broken as well, I couldn't even find my friends game looking through the list of only 19 games.

You may want to fix the forum login issue I was having, because that may be why you haven't had many bug reports. It is hard to login.

1 month ago

@Chilonic3 dijo:
    valentine tank can't move while shooting smoke and

sorry . this is about the winter patch. check that RELIC

1 month ago
    edited January 21

@PersianImm0rtal schrieb:
    For some reason I can only log into the relic forums with Internet Explorer? Maybe I need to clear cookies.. I don't know...

Anyways, I will like to report some bugs. First of all the chat rooms are broken, you can no longer go to the different chatrooms like "Looking For Group" ect. Chat button is broken. Leaderboards are broken, player card is broken, and recent matches page is broken too. Also, you can no longer search spectator games to view your friends games. In fact spectator games is probably completely broken as well, I couldn't even find my friends game looking through the list of only 19 games.

You may want to fix the forum login issue I was having, because that may be why you haven't had many bug reports. It is hard to login.

I logged in with firefox.

Another bug: search stops for no reason, you have to restart the game, otherwise you will hear the sound of the spinning radar the whole match. Another bug that has been there for ages, so I doubt, this will ever get fixed.

Sync Errors being done more than ever, you guys are really pro.

1 month ago
    reuvengreuveng Posts: 8

Every game sync error please bring back the original 32 bit. What is the point of having 64 bit?

1 month ago

please you need to do somethig with the INTELL BOLETIN many of them are obsolet please dont ruin em like you ruin the OKW.

1 month ago
    ds205ds205 Posts: 1
    edited January 22

del

1 month ago
    pat5zeropat5zero Posts: 1

Huge amount of BugSplats screens over the past few days.
    Cleaned every subscribed item out and cleaned out the MYGames directory except for 3 folders. No switches, all net framework and other display drivers up to date and I still can't see custom games, the skirmish menu is slow to react and crashes back to a bugslpat screen frequently, sometimes in games. The last Bugsplat screen gave me advice that the files needed validating which showed the files were not corrupt and a reboot. This only wasted my time.
    Still can't see custom games in spectate section.
    Had 625 items in my subscribed items all gone now and I have to start over again, but that is if this game is fixed properly.
    Game is running on an MSI i9-10900k 2080 super Nvidia.

1 month ago

Newly created maps now upload without the map icon/logo on STEAM. Just the grey square with a cross. Really helps to have an idea of what the map will look like when browsing.

In addition, for the love of god, can you update the highlighted mods/maps/etc in the in-game modding hub interface. Some of these maps don't even support the US base & have been there for like 5 years without changing. Give the community modders creating fresh work a chance.

1 month ago
    lsytoinlsytoin Posts: 1
    edited January 22

For some reason, I encounter more sync error than before (Used to be very rare) but now I got 3 sync error just in an hour and follow with a bugslat

• Yes me too, I got 2 sync error in one afternoon, but once per year before maybe.
    • One more bug(or not a new bug?), When using USF, My ambulance now more easier to stuck 1-2 menber of a squard when ambulance get too close to an object(base or other building), It never happen before (I played USF more than 100 matchs), but it happened twice this week.
    1 month ago
    dukejasondukejason Posts: 1,421 mod

Relic is aware of the issues and is working as fast as they can to remedy any bugs. Please be patient folks.

1 month ago

@dukejason schrieb:
    Relic is aware of the issues and is working as fast as they can to remedy any bugs. Please be patient folks.

But they don't seem to be aware of the issue, that they suck at coding.

1 month ago

I have not been able to play the game online after the update came out. Reinstalling the game fix the issue only for a couple of games, and then the issue continues.

Every time I am in lobby with my friends, they need to start searching right away or else I am kicked from the lobby and connection error notifications pops up, and then I need to restart the game. Even if we find a game before I get kicked from the lobby, I encounter a problem where the loading progress just stops for everyone and I enter the game with everyone seem to be dropped from the game, but the truth is I am the one that is dropped from the game while my friends starts playing 3vs4.

Relic I know you are trying to make the game better but my experience so far before the update has been OK-ish, even 'surviving' bug splats whereas my friends need to restart. But now I can't play the game at all and missing out on playing sessions with friends, I hope the team finds and fix the issues immediately.

1 month ago
    zaku49zaku49 Posts: 3
    edited January 25

There appears to be a major bug when in the commander/pin - browsing/selection screen. The game will just crash if you highlight any of the commanders/pins. This is happening for both me and my friend, we have tried reinstalling the game, checking the files and removing all the mods. This is preventing us from changing commanders. This just started happening with the 64bit update. I also noticed for some reason sometimes the bunker building for the USF acts weird, when selecting it sometimes nothing happens unless you click on it while you're on your own points. It used to just display itself ghosted red.

Both have 1080ti 32gb of ram DDR4
    I have an amd 3900x he has a 7700k intel
    win10 latest version, latest gpu drivers.
    4k 60hz display both.

A video of it in action: https://streamable.com/tli8ab

We can still play the game just fine if we leave our commanders alone.

I just noticed something odd, the first two times I go to launch the game, the issue will occur, on the 3rd launch it runs just fine, the 4th launch it starts doing it again. I am not sure if you guys have something setup in the background that makes it act any different after 2 crashes.

1 month ago

@zaku49 schrieb:
    There appears to be a major bug when in the commander/pin - browsing/selection screen. The game will just crash if you highlight any of the commanders/pins. This is happening for both me and my friend, we have tried reinstalling the game, checking the files and removing all the mods. This is preventing us from changing commanders. This just started happening with the 64bit update. I also noticed for some reason sometimes the bunker building for the USF acts weird, when selecting it sometimes nothing happens unless you click on it while you're on your own points. It used to just display itself ghosted red.

4k 60hz display both.

what a mess. does it only happen as usf, or all factions?

1 month ago

Video of it in action> @Mikey said:

@zaku49 schrieb:

4k 60hz display both.

what a mess. does it only happen as usf, or all factions?

All factions.

1 month ago

Since 64 update my game drops me constantly after about 3 minutes and gives me the code (out:r=-1 ee=-3 ex=-1) and then error 3.
    i have made sure all files are up to date that are needed and cleared all cached data.
    game does not drop me in 32 bit mode but i cannot find a game for the life of me.
    do i just gotta wait for another update?

1 month ago
    edited January 25

1 month ago

I'm very glad that you are still updating the game! Thanks for that!
    And when I read "crossplay" I became very excited. As I have now moved to Linux on all my computers. And the windows 64bit version don't start with proton.
    But to my sadness there where no crossplay for the linux client.... Sadly after playing both og coh and coh2 since release and bought coh2 multiple times to give away, I can't play anymore.

So I ask you kindly that you look into making crossplay available for the Linux client aswell. As it works really well nativly.
    This would be really awesome, as this is the only game I play regulary.

Regards!

1 month ago

Leaderboards in game still arent working for many, MakoCelo is still broken. Bring the ranks back into the warnings.log

1 month ago

Some Unit bugs:

OST: Stormtroopers don't receive MP-40 though icon indicates they did. Tactical Advance ability is unlocked though.

Soviet: Guards Airborne troops don't receive PPSh-41s though icon indicates they did.

I remembered that the Stormtroopers’ MP-40 upgrade issue was reported in the early stage of the Beta test on COH2.org. I am quite surprised that the issue still remains...

1 month ago

So after the update 64bit i got crash to desktop, when i enter in steam again all reset to ZERO (o) all non finish conquers in the game... and i play and do not change nothing. What you guy do? launch a new hotfix of hotfix of hotfix?? This is ridiculous...
    What to do?

1 month ago

Hello, I have a problem. I used steam for playing but since the 25th I am unable to launch the game. I click play game in steam library a window pops up saying "game is preparing to launch" window then disappears and then nothing happens. I have tried the following to fix the issue: 1) restart my pc 2) check game files integrity (was successful game files were fine) 3) disabling my firewall and trying everything again 4) reinstalling the game. Nothing work. Anyone know what to do?

1 month ago
    dukejasondukejason Posts: 1,421 mod

@StanislavHronek said:
    Hello, I have a problem. I used steam for playing but since the 25th I am unable to launch the game. I click play game in steam library a window pops up saying "game is preparing to launch" window then disappears and then nothing happens. I have tried the following to fix the issue: 1) restart my pc 2) check game files integrity (was successful game files were fine) 3) disabling my firewall and trying everything again 4) reinstalling the game. Nothing work. Anyone know what to do?

Have you updated your graphic and pc drivers?