Issues with Email Registration

5 years ago
If you accidentally typed in the wrong email address during registration. Do the following.

​1. Restart the client
2. Start game again
3. Select "Options" and you should see a "Forgot to register" button at the bottom of screen.
4. Carefully enter your email address twice and send registration.

Comments

5 years ago
    What if I am already registered on the site? How then do I receive the commanders? Because when I type in my email it tells me it's invalid, probably because that email is already registered.
    5 years ago
    NounNoun Posts: 285
    The site registration and the in-game registration are not connected, and no you don't get the commanders for registering on the site just for in-game.
    5 years ago
    i singed up, but i never got a confirmation email. Do i have to use my steam email address or can i try a second one?
    5 years ago
    same here :-/
    5 years ago
    same here :-( I really want to get the new commanders.
    And yes, I checked my spam-folder.
    5 years ago
    Sry for doublepost but I found a solution:

​1. Restart the client
    2. Start game again
    3. Select "Options" and you should see a "Forgot to register" button at the bottom of screen.
    4. TRY AN OTHER E-MAIL ADRESS. DON'T USE THE ONE WHICH DIDN'T WORK. For me, my @gmx.de e-mail-address didn't work. I tried again with my @googlemail.com e-mail-address and it worked.
    5 years ago
    GMX accounts dont work. I made a new 1 at gmail and it worked :-)
    5 years ago
    My sky.com email account won't work either in game, it says invalid email address. It's the only one I've got atm
    5 years ago
    Relic pls fix this issue. I have a gmx.de account and no other and I don't see a reason to make a new email-account if I can register at this forum with my current address. should be possible to register the in-game with the same address too.
    5 years ago
    NounNoun Posts: 285
    A few notes from our server team on how to get the codes if you're having issues.

The most common problems judging from the exceptions I’m getting are:
    1) People are entering an invalid email address. Either they inserted a space by accident, cut and paste their email in twice etc.
    2) The emails are getting stuck in their spam filter (our Outlook filter will think it’s spam unless you tell it not to). So for those reporting problems, ask them to check their spam folders
    3) Some people have tried to register twice but are clicking on the 1st email link instead of the 2nd one. Everytime you try to register, we generate a new key with a different link.
    4) The other thing they can do is add the following email to their allowed list: [email protected]
    5 years ago
    I entered my E-mail 5 times correctly, no email in my inbox.
    No email in my Spamfilter.
    No email at all.

My problem now is: I can make a new e-mail (not web.de) , but I actually WANT "messages" from CoH2.
    5 years ago
    Hey there, same Problem here. Maybe you missunderstand us. It seems so that we all use the German Version of the Game. So we all have German Mail Providers as well.
    And everyone have the same Problem. Maybe it is not possible to register with some Mail Providers?!?
    See my Screenshots...

fetch?filedataid=48

fetch?filedataid=49
    5 years ago
    RennerRenner Posts: 642
    I've tried countless times to register over my GMX, no doubt that I've entered my address correctly, and confirmation mail never came. Then the mail came right away after registering over my gmail acc on YT. However, after I mentioned this on Steam some guy said that his gmail didn't worked for him, while some other claimed it did.
    5 years ago
    good morning I followed procedure I accepted the email, I validated my count and now when I throw my game I have this message ' $ 11053237 no key ' and I have no new commander am me victim of a swindle ????
    5 years ago
    Update from me: I used a trash-mail now... kinda sad. But I wanted to play with the commanders. Worked instantly.
    5 years ago
    OchseOchse Posts: 1

Hi, I made some tests and used a few email addresses shown below. It seems that all .DE addresses are not working properly. Verified every email twice, waited for every addresss 48 hours and checked Spam/Junkmail folder. Every time no confirmation mail...

These email hosts are not working:
    @freenet.de
    @gmx.de
    @web.de
    @yahoo.de
    @live.de

All .COM email addresses are working as intended:
    @yahoo.com
    @gmail.com
    @googlemail.com
    @outlook.com
    @live.com

Relic please investigate this strange behaviour.

-Thanks
    5 years ago
    Hi, i receive email, click activate account and didnt get commanders? what i do wrong ?
    5 years ago
    dek1el wrote: »
    Hi, i receive email, click activate account and didnt get commanders? what i do wrong ?

Anyone ???
    5 years ago
    hi all, i can confirm, wether gmail google acc or web.de nor gmx.de is working, i lost 30 minutes of my life for such a dumb action here, thx for nothing relic, what did ya do with such a great game and community from coh, what did ya do...really...sad...
    5 years ago
    Scar™Scar™ Posts: 163
    hi all, i can confirm, wether gmail google acc or web.de nor gmx.de is working, i lost 30 minutes of my life for such a dumb action here, thx for nothing relic, what did ya do with such a great game and community from coh, what did ya do...really...sad...

Instead of wasting your precious time, use one of the email account types that are working and be done with it. The majority of people already have their free community commanders and are playing the game with them instead of posting QQ troll posts.
    5 years ago
    ah so and ya are the one who can judge things and people, your rude attitude will fall back to ya mate ;-) learn a lesson: writing my opinion bout a franchise and how it is established nowadays is my opinion, the only troll here right now is ya, deal with it
    5 years ago
    i got this after creating my account on fourms GET READY FOR BATTLE!

Your free DLC is now unlocked and will be available in the Customizer under the Commanders tab after you restart the game.
    Enjoy!
    Company of Heroes Team

but when i look at my owned dlc i dont see my free commander
    5 years ago
    BROKEN81 wrote: »
    i got this after creating my account on fourms GET READY FOR BATTLE!

Your free DLC is now unlocked and will be available in the Customizer under the Commanders tab after you restart the game.
    Enjoy!
    Company of Heroes Team

but when i look at my owned dlc i dont see my free commander

same here....
    5 years ago
    so what do we do? i want the dlc. i play allies only really and it looked kinda cool
    5 years ago
    i got this after creating my account on fourms

That is not how you do it. It is all done IN GAME.

​1. Restart the client
    2. Start game again
    4. TRY ANOTHER EMAIL ADDRESS. DON'T USE ONE WHICH DOESN'T WORK.
    5 years ago
    Scar ---> we receive e-mail with confirmation, but after confirm we didnt have commanders in game
    5 years ago
    Well, not sure then. I'd say put in a support ticket.
    5 years ago
    I write ticket to Noun, maybe he can help....
    5 years ago
    no answer, oh well we are fu**** :P
    5 years ago
    GUVNAGUVNA Posts: 1
    "Invalid email" tried both my gmail and hotmail accounts neither worked.Pretty major oversight not supporting the most popular emails, and a very simple thing to fix.So lets pull that finger out, wash your hands and get her done please.