Here are directions for using the World Builder, released yesterday as part of Company of Heroes 2's Turning Point Update.
1. You can start the WorldBuilder by running:
…\Steam\steamapps\common\Company of Heroes 2 - Test Build\WorldBuilder_CoH_2.exe
2. You must save their scenario in:
…\Steam\steamapps\common\Company of Heroes 2 - Test Build\CoH2\Data\Scenarios\MP\<MyScenario>
3. You can only create MP scenarios at this time.
4. If you run the following command from their Steam install folder:
Archive.exe -a CoH2\Archives\MPScenarios.sga -e CoH2\Data
The archive tool will extract all our MP maps, which you can then load to figure out how we’ve done things.
5. When you save their scenario it will generate a bunch of files, you can:
a. Edit the .options file in NotePad for more options.
b. Create a custom minimap by creating a file called <MyScenario>_mm_low.tga. If you add a boarder, the minimap_size in the .options file is the size in pixels of the playable area of the scenario (original size minus boarder size).
c. Create a custom preview by creating a file called <MyScenario>_mm_preview.tga. (Usually the same image as the minimap.)
d. Create a custom loading screen by creating a file called <MyScenario>_loading_background.tga.
6. You can create a Scenario Pack (an archive containing all scenario files including the custom ones named above) by going File->Export Package.
7. Any Scenario Packs in their …\My Documents\My Games\Company of Heroes 2\mods\scenarios\folder will be available in the Custom Match lobby.
8. All users must have the same Scenario Pack installed to be able to start a custom game.