New Commander Idea

5 years ago
GrittleGrittle Posts: 993
I Have A few and I want you to judge them and explain ways of how you can improve them.

Breakthrough Company:

0CP: Assault Engineers

4CP: Recon Sweep

7CP: Sherman Calliope [Cost: 400 Manpower, 150 Fuel]
(Grants a main gun disabled Sherman, toting a 60-rocket-strong long range attack that must be manually loaded after each use)

9CP: B-25 Sector Bombing [Cost: 220 Munitions]
(A B-25 Mitchell Medium Bombing is called in for an inaccurate bombing of a sector to scatter enemy defenses)

11CP: M-26 Pershing [Cost: 600 Manpower, 210 Fuel]
(Grants a M26 Pershing Heavy Tank, Sporting a 90mm Cannon and a Thompson-equipped, 5-man elite vehicle crew. Only one is allowed at any time)

Infantry Support Company:

1CP: M2 Half-Track Ambulance [Cost 200 Manpower, 15 Fuel]
(Allows the use of the armored M2 Half-Track Ambulance, Having more Durability and Superior Healing Options* to the default Ambulance)

*[In addition to a slightly longer range of healing, When in Healing Mode, The Half-track can pickup dieing allied infantry on the battlefield in the healing radius like what the medic bunker did in COH1, but also having the ability to get a free squad of rifleman when you saved 5 men, you can also choose to expend those saved men as free reinforcement from that half-track]

3CP: M1919A6 Browning LMG

3CP: Brother in Arms [Passive]
(All Weapon Crews and Rifleman can now have a maximum of 6 squad members, and Riflemen can now merge with other squads)

7CP: Sherman Calliope [Cost: 400 Manpower, 150 Fuel]
(Grants a main gun disabled Sherman, toting a 60-rocket-strong long range attack that must be manually loaded after each use)

8CP: B-25 Gunship Loiter [Cost: 175 Munitions]
(A B-25H Mitchell Medium Bomber will loiter around the targeted area, bombarding it with it's Three 12.7mm machine guns, Two 30. Caliber Machine Guns, and a Hard Hitting 75 mm cannon)

NKVD Assault Tactics:

2CP: Shock Troops

2CP: Assault Commissar Squad [Cost: 260 Manpower]
(An Assault Commissar Squad,a 5-man squad(Commissar and 4 Conscripts) Equipped with PPSHes and a number of Abilities*to rally the troops, is allocated to your command)

*[Abilities include the following:]
Rally: The Commissar Rallies nearby troops, increasing speed and defense from suppression for a short time [Cost: 15 Munitions]
Rocket Strike: The Target is bombarded with 10 rockets(an Off-map Panzerwerfer barrage) [Cost: 80 Munitions]

2CP: M-24 45MM AT Gun

6CP: Sturmovick Attack

7CP: OT34/76 [Cost: 300 Manpower, 125 Fuel]
​ (Grants a OT34/76, a T-34/76 modified with a hull-mounted flamethrower)

Infantry Hunting Doctrine (Ostheer):

1CP: Ambush Camouflage

2CP: Urban Assault PanzerGrenadiers [Cost: 360 Manpower]
(Calls in a 5-man Squad of Panzergrenadiers with 2 Flamethrowers, MP44s, Satchel Charges, and light body armor)

2CP: Model-22 Stun Grenades

6CP: Stug III E

10CP: Fragmentation Bombing

Superior Infantry Doctrine (OKW)

2CP: Panzerfusiliers

3CP: Infiltration Tactics

4CP: Veteran Squad Leader [Cost: 50 Munitions]
(Grants the ability to give Volksgrenadiers, Obersodalton, and Panzerfusiliers a veteran MP-44 equipped Panzergrenadier to lead the squad. not only increasing the squad-size by 1 permanently, but also giving passive defenses and the ability to sprint. in the case of the Panzerfusiliers, the Panzergrenadier replaces 1 of the squad-members.)

4CP: Sd.Kfz 251/9 "Stummel" Halftrack Assault Gun [Cost: 200 Manpower, 50 Fuel]
(Grants a Stummel, a Sd.Kfz 251 Halftrack that holds a 75mm low velocity cannon and coaxial MG. Can be used as a Makeshift Stug III and as a reinforcement point for allied infantry)

12CP: Artillery Assault

Raiding Doctrine (OKW)

1CP: Scavenge [Passive]
(Infantry can search dead infantry and wrecks, giving the chance of getting Munitions and/or Weapons)

2CP: Jaeger Light Infantry Recon Squad

3CP: Raiding Tactics [Toggled]
(Diverts 40% of Munitions to aid Spies to raid enemy supply caches, Increasing Manpower rate by 25%. Can be toggled on or off)

3CP: Fallschirmjager

4CP: Artillery Flares

Comments

5 years ago
    saprize23saprize23 Posts: 385
    I like this, i am all for more variation of units and things to add to the units :)
    5 years ago
    Tugs_O_NoodleTugs_O_No… Posts: 412
    Relic says they will not have the pershing in the USF, probably replace it with a Sherman bulldozer because of its bulldozing and heavy HE cannon
    5 years ago
    Soul SplitterSoul Spli… Posts: 509
    Damn the developers. The game and the USF need the Pershing.
    5 years ago
    Damn the developers. The game and the USF need the Pershing.
    If the USF did have a pershing, they would the most strongest army in the game, due to the very excellent early and mid game. Dealing with Riflemen and a Tiger Tamer(Pershing) would be the Germans worst nightmare
    5 years ago
    Soul SplitterSoul Spli… Posts: 509
    It could be balanced out.
    5 years ago
    comrade_daelincomrade_d… Posts: 2,948
    The Pershing could be mad expensive, and even act like the Tiger Ace: limit to one, massive upkeep and cost and popcap, and basically just an up-armoured Jackson. I also recall it's as slow as hell, having mechanical problems similar to what a lot of later German tanks had. It could then be essentially an AT version of an ISU-152: just as slow but weaker armour.

I think the Calliope is an interesting idea, but it should just be a separate tank call-in.

The sector bombing could really just be a super version of the fragmentation bombing run: the sector is plastered with dozens of cluster bombs which will devastate infantry and light vehicles, and shock any tanks it hits. The plane icon on the minimap could also warn you of where its going, so unless you're pinned, busy, ignorant or stupid, you'd have plenty of time to respond and move out of the zone. The plane itself would be slow and have a distinctive buzz.
    5 years ago
    KosakeKosake Posts: 671
    If the pershing is just another IS-2 with a different skin, the germans need not worry...
    5 years ago
    Relic says they will not have the pershing in the USF, probably replace it with a Sherman bulldozer because of its bulldozing and heavy HE cannon
    I'm not disagreeing with you or anything but where/when did they say that? Could I get a link? I actually want to see where they outlined all this.
    5 years ago
    VegnaVegna Posts: 956
    The Chaffee and Pershing tanks weren’t really vehicles that were going to be in our game but we felt they offered a unique recording opportunity. The Chaffee had twin Cadillac engines which were found in various vehicles in the war and the twin turbo of the Pershing we felt might translate well to some of the heavier German tanks.

http://blogs.companyofheroes.com/2014/06/13/company-of-heroes-2-the-western-front-armies-tank-audio-recording/
    4 years ago
    Added 2 more commanders for you to criticize :cool:
    4 years ago
    AvnasAvnas Posts: 1,750
    we need more lend lease docs, one for US and one for RUS with british tanks, churchill for USF and cromwell for RUS
    4 years ago
    The Pershing could be mad expensive, and even act like the Tiger Ace: limit to one, massive upkeep and cost and popcap, and basically just an up-armoured Jackson. I also recall it's as slow as hell, having mechanical problems similar to what a lot of later German tanks had. It could then be essentially an AT version of an ISU-152: just as slow but weaker armour.

I think the Calliope is an interesting idea, but it should just be a separate tank call-in.

The sector bombing could really just be a super version of the fragmentation bombing run: the sector is plastered with dozens of cluster bombs which will devastate infantry and light vehicles, and shock any tanks it hits. The plane icon on the minimap could also warn you of where its going, so unless you're pinned, busy, ignorant or stupid, you'd have plenty of time to respond and move out of the zone. The plane itself would be slow and have a distinctive buzz.

I was thinking that the Pershing should be a 1-at-a-time call-in. and instead of the tank itself 3 star vet. I was thinking about making the Vehicle Crew 3 star with thompsons and potentially a Bazooka in addition to the 5-man uniqueness it already has. But if it was allowed in CoH1 and the Elefant, the Ultimate Tank destroyer, is allowed in CoH2. I see little reason as to not allow the Pershing in at all.

I was thinking to make the calliope a separate call-in. But due to the calliope having a 60 rockets and were fired simultaneously like a Panzerwerfer. It would either:

A- be extremely inaccurate and weak

B- Be extremely expensive Munition Wise as an upgrade

C- Extremely expensive manpower wise as a separate call-in

I chose B because it would limit the spamming of the B-25 Sector Bombing while still having manpower left to call in a Pershing.

Now, to the sector Bombing, You clearly described of what it will do. except it would be about 18-20 bombs, any more and some computers would die from the amount of bombs.
    4 years ago
    After some thought, the Pershing should really just be like the Tiger- unlike the Elefant, the Tiger's range is pretty low, it is not meant to be a tank destroyer or long range sniper, it's about running in there like a bull and smash things up. I fail to see why the Pershing shouldn't just emulate that role as a heavy tank. In short it would be a worthy tank that could be used in the slugger role against enemy heavy tanks like Tigers.
    Yeah sure it's a niche reserved largely for the Tiger, but the Pershing would be found in one of like a dozen USF doctrines, whereas the Tiger is found in four; a match where two though four players all going for a Pershing is not going to be a very versatile team. One of the drawbacks of a Pershing-based doctrine could be that it has for one of its abilities similar to Soviet Industry: increased resource income at a cost of manpower or something of the sort. It would be a double-edged sword in where certain resources and benefits are gained at the cost of income rate.

Given that the Pershing will likely be quite powerful (really a Jackson with the armour of the Easy Eight is already quite good), I don't think we need to give the crewmen veterancy, they can easily attain it. I am not sure about the crewmen being five men though, unless that's reserved for a Heavy Tank class (light vehicles have three crewmen, and tanks have four...but most tanks only need three).

I was also thinking a better idea for the Calliopie is that it is just an upgrade for the M4 Sherman; the problem though is that given the rather long time for Shermans to even be built, such an ability might end up being very limited, especially if the rocket upgrade disables the main gun. Perhaps a Sherman Calliope would be better suited to be its own call-in, or as I said before, not part of the Pershing doctrine at all- USF already has two stock artillery units, after all.
    I was thinking that the Calliope also uses a Reload mechanic similar to the Sturmtiger, rather than being ridiculously expensive in resources. Loading the rockets was pretty long work, and might justify the Sherman being able to use its main gun- after all, if you get a Calliope you're usually wanting to get an artillery unit, not yet another tank.
    4 years ago
    DudeDude Posts: 576
    Avnas wrote: »
    we need more lend lease docs, one for US and one for RUS with british tanks, churchill for USF and cromwell for RUS

I could not find a reference to the U.S. receiving Churchills in a lend-lease from the U.K. Do you have one?

The Soviets did use the Churchill. They received 258 of them:

"The Soviet Union was sent a total of 301 Churchill Mk III and Mk IV types as part of the Lend-Lease programme. Forty-three were lost en route on the Arctic Convoys. Churchills were at the Battle of Prokhorovka (Kursk) in 1943 with the 5th Guards Tank Brigade."

I could only find a reference to the Soviet Union receiving 6 Cromwells.

I did find this though:

"In northern Europe, the Cromwell was used by Allied units of the 1st Polish Armoured Division (10th Mounted Rifle Regiment)[9] and Czech Armoured Brigade."

The Soviet Union also received other British tanks:

- 2,074 Valentine tanks (plus maybe around 1,388 additional Valentines from Canada)

- 832 Maltilda Mk II's

- 258 Churchills

- 6 Cromwells

- 20 Tetrarchs

- 988 Universal Carriers (plus maybe around 1,348 from Canada)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Churchill_tank

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cromwell_tank

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comet_tank

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crusader_tank

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Matilda_II

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Valentine_tank

And similar to the Germans converting Mk III chassis into Stugs, the British did the same with the Valentine chassis to create the Archer tank destroyer:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Archer_(tank_destroyer)

Some other info I found:

Lend-Lease Armoured Vehicles supplied to the Red Army 1941-1945
    Armoured vehicles - supplied - lost on sea - arrived
    US tanks
    M3A1 Stuart 1,676 - 443 - 1,233
    M5 Stuart 5 - 0 - 5
    M24 Chaffee 2 - 0 - 2
    M3 Lee 1,386 - ? - 969
    M4A2 Sherman 2,007 - ? - 2,007 (?)
    M4A2(76mm) Sherman 2,095 - ? - 2,095 (?)
    M26 Pershing 1 - 0 - 1
    M31 ARV (tank recovery) 115 - 0 - 115
    M15A1 MGMC (37mm AA) 100 - 0 - 100
    M17 MGMC (quad machine-gun AA) 1,000 - 0 - 1,000
    T48 tank destroyer (57mm gun) 650 - 0 - 650
    M18 Hellcat 5 - 0 - 5
    M10 Wolverine 52 - 0 - 52
    M2-M9 Halftrack 1,178 - 54 - 1,124
    M3A1 Scout Car 3,340 - 228 - 3,112
    LVT 5 - 0 - 5
    US Universal Carrier T16 96 ? - ? - 96 (?)

total 13,713 - 1,142 - 12,571

http://ww2-weapons.com/History/Produ...Lend-Lease.htm
    4 years ago
    I'm not disagreeing with you or anything but where/when did they say that? Could I get a link? I actually want to see where they outlined all this.
    I'm not sure where exactly i got it, but ive been hearing it by people from coh2.org . The pershing wont really fit the new army's role. USF dominates early game and will armor wont survive for long late game. If the pershing gets in game, USF will have a great late game. And the Pershing can fire on the move. If you want bigger responses to a topic, go to coh2.org
    4 years ago
    I'm not sure where exactly i got it, but ive been hearing it by people from coh2.org . The pershing wont really fit the new army's role. USF dominates early game and will armor wont survive for long late game. If the pershing gets in game, USF will have a great late game. And the Pershing can fire on the move. If you want bigger responses to a topic, go to coh2.org

And OKW was about light vehicles to Heavy tanks, skipping the Medium vehicles. Yet they have commanders that can give Panzer 4s and Ostwinds

And Soviets were about cheap but numerous. But they can have the durable Shock Troops, IS-2, Kv-2, and the KV-8

and the Ostheer are about elite and durable but expensive units, yet they have Osttruppen
    4 years ago
    That should only apply to stock units. Doctrinal units, as shown in all factions' dotrines, reveal that they are used to feature exceptions to the rules. The OKW is the only faction that gets to deploy Heavy vehicles without the need for a specific doctrine. The USF faction does not even have any Heavy vehicles.

Personally, if I have to choose between Kingtiger and Pershing, I'd go for Pershing. I prefer two Panthers than one slow KT.
    4 years ago
    I was thinking that the Calliope also uses a Reload mechanic similar to the Sturmtiger, rather than being ridiculously expensive in resources. Loading the rockets was pretty long work, and might justify the Sherman being able to use its main gun- after all, if you get a Calliope you're usually wanting to get an artillery unit, not yet another tank.

I really like that, editing my thread now!
    4 years ago
    I think I forgot to add that perhaps the Calliope could also use its main gun after like vet2 or something, and even then it must be toggled, and is the 75mm HE so effective against any infantry attacks. That might make it too powerful though, given the Sherman's armour. Early Calliope mounting models didn't allow the main gun to be used, but the later models did. Just a thought.
    To add to Pershing and its relation with US faction design, we're talking about a doctrinal unit, and a late-game one at that. Choosing the doctrine that features the Pershing would forego a lot of other options, just like how the Soviet Armoured Assault Tactics commander foregoes a lot of useful benefits for the chance to deploy T34-85s as well as an IS-2; you're gimping yourself in many other places. And the Pershing isn't going to be a particularly spectacular unit either. If designed well, the only time you'd want to choose this doctrine is either for kicks via Heavy Vehicle or to complement the loadout of a team match. We're not talking Pershings for half of all USF commanders, and especially not talking about a Pershing that can whoop an Elefant Panther and Kingtiger's arse in one go either. They weren't that good even in real life.
    4 years ago
    Jarms48Jarms48 Posts: 403
    Avnas wrote: »

http://vnnforum.com/showthread.php?t=136210

Lend Lease Armored Fighting Vehicles

There were differences in opinions as far as lend-lease tanks were concerned. The Kremlin officials were generally happy with them initially as they managed to bridge the shortfalls between Russian production quotas and their heavy combat losses. They weren't quite so popular with the Russian tankers who had to crew them however. Later on in the war however, when the Russian's received some of the more advanced tank models like the M4 Sherman/76 they began to realise that some Allied tanks had features that were superior to their own. Allied tanks that had stabilised guns, radios and good reliability made a great impression on the Russians. A point often overlooked is the proportion of the Russian tank force that Allied Lend-Lease shipments represented. The lend lease shipments accounted for some 15% of the total Russian tank force in 1941-1942.The list below details the numbers and types of individual vehicles sent to Russia:

Bren Carriers - 2336
    M3 Halftracks - 900
    M3A1 Scout Cars - 3092
    M3A1 Stuart - 1233
    Valentine - 3487
    Churchill - 258
    M3A3 Lee/Grant - 1200
    Matilda - 832
    M4A2 75mm Sherman - 1750
    M4A2 76mm Sherman - 1850
    Half Tracks - 820
    Light Trucks - 151,000
    Heavy Trucks - 200,000
    Jeeps - 51,000
    Tractors - 8070

Excerpt.

I wouldn't mind seeing a British lend-lease commander with Bren Carriers (similar in ability to how they were in CoH1). Which would currently put them somewhere in between the M3 scout-car or the kubelwagen. Probably at 1/2CP.

Valentines, somewhere in-between that of a T-70 and T-34 in the terms of firepower but with better armour protection. Hopefully upgradable with the 6pdr-gun.

Then the Matilda, with armour similar to the KV-1 with firepower somewhere around the Valentine.
    4 years ago
    Jarms48 wrote: »

http://vnnforum.com/showthread.php?t=136210

Excerpt.

I wouldn't mind seeing a British lend-lease commander with Bren Carriers (similar in ability to how they were in CoH1). Which would currently put them somewhere in between the M3 scout-car or the kubelwagen. Probably at 1/2CP.

Valentines, somewhere in-between that of a T-70 and T-34 in the terms of firepower but with better armour protection. Hopefully upgradable with the 6pdr-gun.

Then the Matilda, with armour similar to the KV-1 with firepower somewhere around the Valentine.

Sadly, with the game set in 1944-45, the Matlida was already obsolete and not used I believe. which is a shame, as the matilda was a well made tank in my eyes
    4 years ago
    Sorry for the shamful bump, but I have added even more commander ideas for you to criticize about :D
    4 years ago
    Urban Assault PanzerGrenadiers was an actual unit in game. There was a modded map I used to play where ostheer has already a big setup of defenses and soviets with unlimited resources, team weapons, etc. They were originally called Urban grenadiers, with same look and voice as panzergren. A 5 man squad with a flamthrower and MP40s. Can be upgraded to have an extra flamethrower. They were really fragile, had satchel charges, and can deploy from any ambient building.
    4 years ago
    USSR:
    VDV Support: FREE
    *Radio Intercept -1p
    *Shock troops paradrop -3p
    *Sniper Team paradrop -3p
    *Supply drop -5p
    *IL-2 Precison Bomb Strike -10p

Red Guard Assault Support: PAYABLE
    *Guard Riflemans -2p
    *Assault Guard Squad with PPSH and SVT in Half-Track -3p
    *AT guns camouflage -5p
    *IL-2 23mm guns strike -10p
    *IS-2 Tank -11p

Recon tactic: PAYABLE
    *Sniper Team costs -50% -1p
    *Ba-11 Car -3p
    *IL-2 Recon -4p
    *T-34/85 -10p
    *IL-2 Bombing Run -12p

Wehrmacht:
    Airborne Assault: PAYABLE
    *Radio silence -0p
    *Falshirmjager squad -3p
    *Panzershreck paradrop -4p
    *Supply drop -5p
    *Airborne Assault -"Stukas will automatically recon and attack enemy units in the designated territory.
    Afterwards a squad of Fallschirmjagers will be dropped at the target." -10p

Volksturm Support: PAYABLE
    *Voldkgrenadiers Squad -1p
    *Sdkfz-250 Mortar Carrier -1p
    *Trenches -1p
    *Panzerfaust and Panzershreck cost -50% ammo -3p
    *Sdkfz-164 Nashorn -10p

Festung Grenadiers Doctrine: PAYABLE
    -Assault Grenadiers -0p
    -Jeager Light Infantry upgrade -3p
    -Relief Infantry -4p
    -Sdkfz-124 Wespe -9p
    -Panther Command Tank -10p

Artilery Support Doctrine: PAYABLE
    -Artillery Field Officer -2p
    -Sdkfz-250 Mortar Carrier -2p
    -Mortars and Panzerwerfer-42 are produced faster -2p
    -Air Recon -4p
    -Sdkfz-165 Hummel -10p

OKW:
    Sabotage Tactic (inspired by battle of Ardennes): PAYABLE
    *Radio silence -0p
    *Captured M-8 Greyhound -2p
    *Falshirmjager squad -3p
    *Captured M-10 Tank Destroyer -5p
    *Misleading (Passive)- Enemy see your M-8 and M-10 as friendly units on minimap. -5p

Tank Destroyers Tactic: FREE
    *AT grenades and Panzershreck cost -50% ammo -3p
    *Teller mine -3p
    *Hetzer -8p
    *Stuka 37mm Gun Strike -10p
    *Sdkfz-173 Jagpanzer -11p

Joint Operations Doctrine: PAYABLE
    -Sturm Offizier -1p
    -Air Recon -4p
    -Flakpanzer 4 Wirbelwind -8p
    -Sdkfz-124 Wespe -9p
    -Stuka Bombing Run -12p

USA:
    Break through: FREE
    *Rangers (6 men with Thompson, abbilities: throw frag grenade with delay, smoke grenade, sticky bomb) -2p
    *fake artilery flares -4p
    *small misleading artilery strike -5p
    *Sherman Croc with Anti-Mine Crab -7p
    *M-26 Pershing (upgrade 0.50 cal) -11p

Artilery: PAYABLE
    *M-21 Mortar Half-Track -2p
    *IR-Pathfinders -2p
    *M1 75mm Pack and M8A1 Scott are produced faster -3p
    *Sherman Calliope -10p
    *M-114 Artilery Strike -12p

Sapers support: FREE
    *Assault Sappers squad -0p
    *Riflemen Field defences -2p
    *M-3 Half Track -2p
    *Sherman Croc with Anti-Mine Crab -7p
    *Sherman 105mm -9p

Joint Operations: PAYABLE
    -Assault Sappers -0p
    -IR-Pathfinders -2p
    -Rangers (6 men with Thompson, abbilities: throw frag grenade with delay, smoke grenade, sticky bomb) -2p
    -M7B1 Priest -8p
    -Sherman Jumbo -10p
    4 years ago
    ~snip
    Those are great ideas. But you should be judging my ideas.

But really, those are some great Ideas. just that you could put them in a thread of your own:p
    4 years ago
    Grittle wrote: »
    Those are great ideas. But you should be judging my ideas.

But really, those are some great Ideas. just that you could put them in a thread of your own:p

Thank you very much :D