What's your preferred 1v1 commander?

4 years ago
Hi! So I have been playing a lot 1v1's recently , and using the Counter Attack tactics for KV1's and B4. I find that the Kv1's backed up with some fast t34's can deal with any armored threat the Axis can put up with. Also the b4 which is a lot fun, against those OH blobs. What's your pref. commander? Also I'm working on a night shift and nothing is happening....

Comments

4 years ago
    HaukenHauken Posts: 197
    USF: Rifle company
    For fast map control, i usually get something else then the easy eight, it is really situational.

Soviet: Combined arms tactics, anything with guards, shocks, recon, ambush tactics for at guns is really important for me.
    4 years ago
    I don't want to share my battle strategies, oh wait, i play 2v2.
    4 years ago
    Jarms48Jarms48 Posts: 403
    Soviet:
    - Advanced Warfighter; Because it compliments an effective base of conscripts, and makes them more effective late game, plus the T-34/85 and strafing runs are great assets.

- Guard Motor; this one plain and simple, Guards are great counters against early light armour, and decent late game with their DPs, 120mm mortars are much better than they were before, and again you can't sneeze at T-34/85s mixed with Mark Target.

- Can't remember the name but the one with Shocks, AT camouflage, Incendiary barrage, KV-8, and IS-2; this one compliments more standard play, allowing you to have a base of standard units and tool yourself for whatever situation. The enemy playing infantry heavy? You have shock troops and maxims/snipers, the enemy going for early light vehicles, bait it into a hidden AT gun or disable it with a conscript AT grenade and finish it off with anything else. The barrage is a great area denial weapon, and both heavy tanks are good at their respective roles. Enough so that if you manage to hold out with just T2 and go for 2 immediate IS-2 tanks, it's generally GG.
    4 years ago
    bobop6bobop6 Posts: 383
    Advanced warfare and guard motor (a classic, but still great...how a commander should be)
    4 years ago
    SerrithSerrith Posts: 812
    Lend lease. M4c Shermans are incredible.
    3 years ago
    WunderKatzeWunderKat… Posts: 702

@BuckSh0t said:
    Hi! So I have been playing a lot 1v1's recently , and using the Counter Attack tactics for KV1's and B4. I find that the Kv1's backed up with some fast t34's can deal with any armored threat the Axis can put up with. Also the b4 which is a lot fun, against those OH blobs. What's your pref. commander? Also I'm working on a night shift and nothing is happening....

I usually play USF and when I do I usually go Armor Company. Skipping major tech -> double M10s is just so strong. You can kill the P4 right when it comes out and you can go assault OKW schwerer HQs. It has one me sooooo many games.

Recently I've been trying out russians because I dropped Counter Attack tactics. I like it as well, I find 'For Mother Russia' to be a very overwhelming ability with it's cheap 100mu cost and 60sec duration (it's a full minute!). The earily KV1s are a huge menace as well. I love it.

I don't bother with the B4 because it is stupidly bad and expensive.

3 years ago

Reserve army is the best one if you like playing with conscripts (like me xD)

(2CP)At partisans to deal with light armor

(3CP)Ppsh pack for conscripts to deal with ANY infantry

(5CP)Conscript repair kit pack so you don't need engineers to repair tanks

(6CP)Fast recruitment, at this point i end with having 200 ammo or 120 so you can 2 squads out and save mp for tanks (su 85 is the best choice

(8CP)120mm arty well you don't have to build that one but if your opponent digs in it's very useful

This commander is underrated in my opinion becouse it's a beast in 1v1

The build is

1. 4-5 conscripts
    2. med center
    3. partisans
    4. at nades/molotovs
    5. 1 mortar/maxims
    6. t70
    7. then try to get su85s or zis guns to deal with german tanks
    3 years ago
    hsk9146hsk9146 Posts: 153

anyone like soviet industry?