Compromise for upcoming halftrack changes?

4 years ago
The upcoming changes to halftrack disables their ability to reinforce on the field, which I find displeasing. However after some thought I have come up with a compromising innovation:

Upgraded halftracks can still reinforce through toggling, but requires them to disable movement/ weapons when reinforcing is toggled. This way, they can still perform reinforcing functions without having to train a second halftrack (or for Ostheer, creating more bunkers), while giving the feature a micro-intensive tactical requisite to function properly.

What do you guys think of this?

Comments

4 years ago
    I like that idea.
    4 years ago
    I like it.
    Soviets have no other way to reinforce in the field so this would be a big nerf for them.
    I would also like a medic upgrade for the halftrak for soviets.
    4 years ago
    and only in friendly territory
    4 years ago
    daspoulosdaspoulos Posts: 2,633
    Yes

10char/
    4 years ago
    Um. You can still reinforce on half trucks just not upgraded ones. That's how it was in coh 1 and it should be in coh 2. It isn't a logistics vehicle when you upgrade it, it's a weapons carrier, not person carrier
    4 years ago
    PastulioPastulio Posts: 2,058
    No, i like this new way. Reinforce or weapon uppgrade, but not both.
    4 years ago
    Yeah, it was rather silly to have an M5 mow down some Kraut while giving birth to more slavs.
    4 years ago
    y03y03 Posts: 1,075
    Or, seeing that the vanilla factions still have no on field reinforcement that is movable, have it such that for soviets, when they tech to at least 2 buildings, they gain access to the zis truck, only 1 can be produced at any time(thats maybe) and it uses the USF's old ambulance healing(also a bit half on that, maybe it can lock down in friendly territory and have 3 medics pop out). Can reinforce and heal(with 250mp upgrade). Not so sure about wehr seeing that okw uses battlegruppe headquarters to sort of reinforce in field and for field wehr can use bunkers(both are stationary options). Maybe give them a battlegroup commander or a 2 man squad that can set a retreat point. Or have it that after BP3(or maybe when BP2 is built) pioneers can build retreat points.
    4 years ago
    NalanoNalano Posts: 215
    Yeah, it was rather silly to have an M5 mow down some Kraut while giving birth to more slavs.

"Welcome to the glorious Soviet Union, new comrade! Here is your Mosin, the loud end is pointed at those guys over there, life is pain but mercifully short. All glory to the motherland!"
    4 years ago
    Nalano wrote: »
    "Welcome to the glorious Soviet Union, new comrade! Here is your Mosin, the loud end is pointed at those guys over there, life is pain but mercifully short. All glory to the motherland!"
    That's Dirtslavistan in a nutshell right there.
    4 years ago
    NalanoNalano Posts: 215
    That's Dirtslavistan in a nutshell right there.

But I totally hear you - it defies credulity! Everybody knows true Soviets are spawned off the backs of T34s.
    4 years ago
    Nalano wrote: »

But I totally hear you - it defies credulity! Everybody knows true Soviets are spawned off the backs of T34s.

On a more serious note, why can't infantry ride tanks?

There should be a doctrinal ability for that.
    4 years ago
    VutherVuther Posts: 2,129
    Very interested with this idea.

It was a fairly appropriate nerf to the M5 on paper that dang well needed something like it, but as a faction, Soviets are completely dependent on the M5 for reinforcing and only slightly less so on the Quadmount for AA.

And I certainly never thought "You know the FHT needs to not be able to reinforce because garden that guy.", but obviously they went for consistently.
    4 years ago
    Lnk003Lnk003 Posts: 418
    i like the idea, perfect for m5, but i don't think 251 flamethrower can fit to it. I think this unit is almost useless once upgraded because now it can't reinforce it become a sort of assault truck only as fragile as before (except if they changed it but i didn't watch changelog before this answer) and idk if the upgrade worth it.

But immobilized flamethrower sound weak no? (if you send at or tank or anything against it the player won't have the time to save it)