[Oberkommando West] [All] - [Preserving panzerschrecks + New Commander]

3 years ago
Sgt_SchultzSgt_Schul… Heidelberg, Baden-Württemberg, GermanyPosts: 57
edited May 2016 in Balance Feedback

Hello and welcome! I'd like to discuss a way to keep panzerschrecks in the game, for the OKW. This is something that Relic might already be thinking about if they have decided that panzerschrecks are gone for good after this patch. I decided I'd come up with a doctrine that would preserve the OKW's AT capabilities, and I decided to name it: The Panzerjäger Doctrine.

Commander Name:
Panzerjäger Doctrine

Commander Picture:

Commander Description:
Disable and destroy enemy armor with a variety of anti-tank weaponry. Equip sturmpioneers with cheap and reliable panzerbüchse 39s. Bring a halt to enemy armor with teller mines. Use elite panzerjäger to chase down enemy armor. If the enemy attempts an armored assault, the sheer stopping power of the Pak 43 anti-tank gun will destroy their tanks one by one.

This doctrine would consist of the following call-ins/abilities:

• [1 CP] Sturmpioneer Anti-Tank Package - Equip sturmpioneers with 2x panzerbüchse 39's to fend off light enemy vehicles. (60 Munitions; No longer can purchase support package)
  • [3 CP] Teller Mine - Sturmpioneers can now plant anti-tank Teller mines. (50 Munitions)

• [4 CP] Panzerjäger - Dispatch an elite tank hunter squad equipped with anti-tank weaponry. (340 Manpower; 9 Population; Can be upgraded with 2x panzerschrecks).

• [4 CP] Artillery Flares - Flares are fired at the target area, revealing the area.

• [8 CP] Pak 43 Emplacement - Pioneers and Sturmpioneers are able to construct powerful Pak 43 88mm anti-tank gun emplacements.

Note: The 'Pak 43 Emplacement' will be in the layout for now, but i was thinking of adding a(n) [8 CP] Flak 88. I would only consider any brand new content (No animations, no models, no voice lines, etc.) if Relic was interested in this project.

I'd just want to hear your thoughts on this idea before I explain it any further, and experiment with it via the attribute editor. I wouldn't want to waste my time experimenting and compiling an in-game preview (A Working Mod) of this if people don't like the idea. If you'd like something changed in this doctrine's current layout, please feel free to share it in the discussion area bellow this post.

Anyways, thanks for taking your time to read this, and I hope you have a good day/night.
~Karbinder

Comments

3 years ago
    _Aqua__Aqua_ Posts: 1,951

Maybe swap the Pak43 for a normal AT Hetzer, but otherwise looks solid

3 years ago

Aqua said:
    Maybe swap the Pak43 for a normal AT Hetzer, but otherwise looks solid

If I were to figure out how to swap the flame version out with an AT version (which isn't in the attributes) I would consider it. I was also thinking of a Flak 88, but it's not in the game in any form. I could replace it with a jagdtiger, but that would take away the uniqueness from the 'Breakthrough Doctrine'. So, I just stuck with the good ol' Pak 43 just to make it easier on Relic if they really wanted to add this.

3 years ago
    WiderstreitWiderstre… Posts: 950
    edited May 2016
    Dam, this Commander looks sweet... but to see Panzerbüchsen in a 1944 fraction looks weird ^^

Why not giving the Schreck to the Obersoldaten to prevent it for OKW?
    3 years ago
    thedarkarmadillothedarkar… Posts: 5,810
    I couldnt agree more, a faction using AT rifles as their hand held AT... Can you imagine that? Hahahahahah (cough Soviet cough ukf)
    3 years ago
    MCMartelMCMartel Posts: 1,855

Please, can we just get over the loss of shreks, they were a terrible balance idea in the game and they're better off gone. The fact that OKW players are bending over backwards to try and find a wya to put them back in shows that the OKW was far too reliant on them.

3 years ago
    newshatterhandnewshatte… Posts: 278

@MCMartel said:
    Please, can we just get over the loss of shreks, they were a terrible balance idea in the game and they're better off gone. The fact that OKW players are bending over backwards to try and find a wya to put them back in shows that the OKW was far too reliant on them.

Eh, ost has them on stormtroopers and pzgrens and I think they work fine unlike volks, because they are expensive and less durable because they have only 4 men. So could work for OKW too, it is a huge change for the faction to go from the schrek faction to a faction without any handheld AT.

3 years ago
    edited May 2016

@Widerstreit said:
    Dam, this Commander looks sweet... but to see Panzerbüchsen in a 1944 fraction looks weird ^^

Why not giving the Schreck to the Obersoldaten to prevent it for OKW?

Obersoldaten are in need of greater AI capabilities (which can be achieved by buffing both their kar98's damage output, and their infrared stg damage output), not of greater AT capabilities. With the place the faction is in currently, it's simply too difficult to change any existing units without messing more things up. I do agree that seeing the usage of a panzerbüchse 39 is a bit odd, but just think about it... They're running out of supplies, so they'll use literally anything that they have to fend off the allies.

3 years ago
    GenObiGenObi Posts: 1,368
    edited May 2016
    This is why i dont support Shreck, look what its done to our community!!

Thats how relic does it, they offer you a free taste and then next thing you know your spamming threads just asking for one more hit of shreck and then when you get a minor nerf instead of removal temporarily, but when the removal happens next thing you know your so hard up for shrecks your spaming polls swearing that if you get one more hit of that heavenly shreck youll stop.....one "more adjustment you say", "one more nerf" you say....before long your looking at yourself in the mirror wondering who the hell you are anymore after selling hand jobs for one more match with shrecks.

I been down that road my friend.....your not alone you dont need that high off a shreck just to get your okw up, friends dont let friends shreck.
    3 years ago
    thedarkarmadillothedarkar… Posts: 5,810
    But... I need it...
    3 years ago
    GenObiGenObi Posts: 1,368
    @thedarkarmadillo

No! No you dont *holding you in the shower with Freezing water* your stronger then this :)
    3 years ago
    CriomancerCriomancer Posts: 33

@GenObi dijo:
    This is why i dont support Shreck, look what its done to our community!!

Thats how relic does it, they offer you a free taste and then next thing you know your spamming threads just asking for one more hit of shreck and then when you get a minor nerf instead of removal temporarily, but when the removal happens next thing you know your so hard up for shrecks your spaming polls swearing that if you get one more hit of that heavenly shreck youll stop.....one "more adjustment you say", "one more nerf" you say....before long your looking at yourself in the mirror wondering who the hell you are anymore after selling hand jobs for one more match with shrecks.

I been down that road my friend.....your not alone you dont need that high off a shreck just to get your okw up, friends dont let friends shreck.

Right now, most OBK players have no other strategies than just use shreks, lol
    Pls community stop crying for the removal of shreks, or do you see SU having non-doctrinal AT infantry than just a simple grenade? No, right? sooooo, ask for a buff on raketen and that's all.

3 years ago
    MCMartelMCMartel Posts: 1,855
    1. > @newshatterhand said:
      > > @MCMartel said:
      > > Please, can we just get over the loss of shreks, they were a terrible balance idea in the game and they're better off gone. The fact that OKW players are bending over backwards to try and find a wya to put them back in shows that the OKW was far too reliant on them.
      >
      > Eh, ost has them on stormtroopers and pzgrens and I think they work fine unlike volks, because they are expensive and less durable because they have only 4 men. So could work for OKW too, it is a huge change for the faction to go from the schrek faction to a faction without any handheld AT.

They do, but did you not here what I said? PZgrens are compeltely different than volks are they're far less durable and more expensive. Also, as a person who often plays soviets, I find the argument that "waah, we don't have handheld AT despite out t0 at gun and a snare with no upgrade cost" to be pretty hilarious.