(may preview + vanilla) emplacements and artillery.

4 years ago

(since the last thread got derailed)

the bofor suppression barrage need its range lowered to 60 meters from 80 meter. The suppression barrage basically allow the emplacement to counter its own counter, the mortar. As the ostheer you're basically locked into the mortar HT in order to counter the emplacement.

the mortar emplacement should have its auto fire range lowered to 80 meters. 115 meter is far too much coverage. maybe lower cost to 360 mp to compensate. the emplacement can still use its 115 meter barrage range to attack distance enemy.

the tommies' artillery flare should get a range buff back to 35 meters. It's a ridiculously easy to dodge artillery due to the obvious red smoke and long delay. The only thing that can't reasonably dodge it is the immobile okw truck or ost bunker. Mortar emplacement should also respond to the tommies and sniper's artillery flare. this would allow the mortar emplacement to remain useful in a larger map.

I've made a small mod implementing the suggestions I've made. it also include stuff from other threads I've made in the past. (actually the mortar's victor target had most of its framework done by relic already. I only added a small change to turn it on)

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=692260338

Comments

4 years ago
    WiderstreitWiderstre… Posts: 950
    edited June 2016

Try this nation more often, it's really hard to play them well. They need that op abilities to counter or start a offensive movement. I think there are some other things have to be changed too. But, there has to be something changed.

They need a other mortar emplacement. Cheaper, smaller, less powerful but easier to build. I will make a little mod to show what I mean.

Give brits the ability to remove their emplacements if not needed, so you get more pop-cap or some ressources back. They need something to be more offensiv.

Also give brits a MG-bunker to build instead of the trench.

4 years ago
    FiresparksFiresparks Posts: 373

I know > @Widerstreit said:

Try this nation more often, it's really hard to play them well. They need that op abilities to counter or start a offensive movement. I think there are some other things have to be changed too. But, there has to be something changed.

They need a other mortar emplacement. Cheaper, smaller, less powerful but easier to build. I will make a little mod to show what I mean.

Give brits the ability to remove their emplacements if not needed, so you get more pop-cap or some ressources back. They need something to be more offensiv.

Also give brits a MG-bunker to build instead of the trench.

I know how to play brits.

and knowing how to play brit meaning knowing what's underpowered and what's overpowered.

The emplacement is definitely overpowered.

4 years ago
    WiderstreitWiderstre… Posts: 950
    Yes, they all are good changes. Really like them. (will steal it for my mod xD )

My point is, that brits have some elemental design faults.