[USF/UKF] [All] - [Base Building Repair]

3 years ago
Sgt_SchultzSgt_Schul… Heidelberg, Baden-Württemberg, GermanyPosts: 57

I'm going to make this as simple as possible.

Problem: The USF and the UKF base buildings cost nothing to repair/replace once destroyed, unlike the other factions.

Simple Solution: Make them have to unlock the building again after it has been destroyed.

Now discuss.

Comments

3 years ago
    WunderKatzeWunderKat… Posts: 702

Why not make OST and SOV buildings free to rebuild after destruction? I think that's just a better way to handle it.

3 years ago

I agree with wunderkatze however if you're base is destroyed then you've pretty much lost!!

3 years ago
    LazarusLazarus Posts: 4,017

Made a thread on this a while ago. Not only are USF and UKF bases free to repair, but the random crap all around them and the corpses they leave actually block shots making them even more durable - effectively placing them in cover.

They need to pay like everyone else OR buildings for everyone except OKW should be free to replace and be extremely fragile. There's no incentive to base raid and it puts very little pressure on someone who has dug in all their forces at the front, purely because they know the base can tank the hits.

3 years ago
    captainjordycaptainjo… Posts: 498

Well first off no one EVER plays Annihilate so bases aren't a priority for balancing and secondly just make Wehrmacht and Soviet's bases leave a repairable corpse. Boom, problem solved.

3 years ago
    captainjordycaptainjo… Posts: 498

Oh and if Wehr/Sov's HQ's have a repairable corpse then they can also block shots if built in the right way like the USF's base structure

3 years ago
    Sgt_SchultzSgt_Schul… Heidelberg, Baden-Württemberg, GermanyPosts: 57
    edited June 2016

@captainjordy said:
    Well first off no one EVER plays Annihilate

I'm not talking about Annihilate specifically; otherwise, I would have marked it in the thread title.

If you are somehow able to get some units to the enemy's base by weaseling through a gap and then are able to destroy at least one base building, you should at least do a bit more damage than merely forcing them to repair a building. When facing up against Soviets, Ostheer or OKW and destroy one of their base buildings, they have to re-build their building full cost. Attacking a strategic point (in this case: the USF/UKF base) should be rewarded more than what it is currently. That's all.

3 years ago
    thedarkarmadillothedarkar… Posts: 5,790
    For the sake of constancy something needs done. There is no reason some factions should be more resistant to base raids than others (usf is king here with 4938 machine gun bunkers and crap that blocks shots)
    3 years ago
    KithKith Posts: 144

From what I can recall, the reason that their bases are easy to repair is because they're easy to destroy - all of the buildings being grouped together like that makes them notoriously easy to harass with artillery.

Granted, I'm not DEFENDING the free repair, I'm just saying that's the reason that was given.

3 years ago
    thedarkarmadillothedarkar… Posts: 5,790

i feel the ability to self build is already a great counter to grouping. needing to have a special unit to drag all the way back to base and BUILD your tiers is so primitive...

3 years ago
    MCMartelMCMartel Posts: 1,855

I say just make all the buildings as tough/easy to replace.

3 years ago
    LazarusLazarus Posts: 4,017
    A fair enough point - but most arty has been either nerfed or restricted out of base sectors so it's not really an issue anymore.

The whole idea behind deteching a faction is to punish them for having all their units so far forward. It allows skilled use of lights to delay the enemies mediums and to weaken their strong points or som cities by forcing soldiers to retreat *before* the building goes down.
    3 years ago
    WunderKatzeWunderKat… Posts: 702
    @Lazarus If only that were true. Right now majority of arty is not restricted and can be fired into enemy spawn (Stuka Dive Bomb for example).