[ALL Modes] [UKF] Advanced Emplacement Regiment Fix

Comments

3 years ago
    Xutryn_X7Xutryn_X7 Posts: 204

@KopiG said:
    Lazarus your response MCMartel is absolutely on spot. I loved it, thumbs up. I just have one thing to add MCMartel:

@MCMartel said:
    2. A bofors is, again, easily countered by a single lieg, as it's barrage can't reach it and the leig's barrage can easily brace it for shrek blobs to overwhelm.

In my experience I was never be able to counter a Bofor emplacement with a single LEIG. I always needed a second.
    Also if it is braced then you cannot really deal dmg with your so called schrek blobs to it.. and while you are sitting next to a braced Bofors the enemy has plenty of time to react and start chewing your infantry... by the time the brace is off the Bofors + other support units will tear you apart... if that already hadnt happened with just the supporting units.
    So mind you, Im not really seeing this Bofor counter with schrek blobs... and this even will be a moot point because there wont be any schrek blobs in the upcoming patch anyway.
    Can you guys counter a Bofor with a single LEIG? What do you guys think what are your experiences?
    Note: Getting 2 LEIG is hella expensive as has been mentioned before by Lazarus.

But what if he have mortar pit behind bofors?or what if he have 2 bofors to cover each one????that's called GGif you play 2vs2(2 british) and they rush vickers then bofors+bofors on fuel it's gg,press alt+f4 before you reinstall the game.I gave up playing for 2 months,still the emplacements sucks in 2vs2 and above,it's so stupid,it takes a lot of effort to destroy and if you lose just a single shreks,ieig 18,you are dead,but when you destroyed his bofors and you retreat,surprise he build another one.Lame "strategy" no brain,put bofors everywhere no disadvantage.If i put my OKW trucks,bunkers,arty,pak 43 everywhere it's gg,that's so stupid.The game was balanced before british dlc came out.It's stupid to have 3 allied armies and 2 Axis armies

3 years ago
    MCMartelMCMartel Posts: 1,855

Yeah, using the basis for an army is strategy in air quotes and has "no brains" clearly what people want is to just eliminate the UKF, so I wish people would come out and admit it rather than pretending they want "balance"

3 years ago
    le12role12ro Posts: 2,302 mod

[moderator input] Keep to topic please. No need to attempt to derail the thread...

3 years ago

You have to remember that yes 2 leIG's are expensive but so is a mortar pit + bofors 680 + 30 fuel. If you go emplacements early on and spend most of your manpower with that you are left with one or two squads on infantry max. You keep hammering the emplacements with leIG's and defend them with your infantry. Once destroyed you have vetted leIG to keep and UKF has just lost 680mp while your leIG can be useful till end game.

3 years ago
    thedarkarmadillothedarkar… Posts: 5,817
    You are assuming that the pit and bofors arnt firing and causing bleed. I mean you COULD ignore them, but they are usually built in a place that ensures good resource yield. For example a single bofors on a fuel will be beneficial even UNSUPPORTED because the enemy will need a combined push to dig it out while the brit can be elsewhere contesting territory. Also its worth pointing out that the Wehr dont have the option on leigs. They have mortars, which are always in danger of bofors and pit due to range.
    3 years ago

@thedarkarmadillo said:
    You are assuming that the pit and bofors arnt firing and causing bleed. I mean you COULD ignore them, but they are usually built in a place that ensures good resource yield. For example a single bofors on a fuel will be beneficial even UNSUPPORTED because the enemy will need a combined push to dig it out while the brit can be elsewhere contesting territory. Also its worth pointing out that the Wehr dont have the option on leigs. They have mortars, which are always in danger of bofors and pit due to range.

You make a valid point. A bofors on a resource point will effectively lock it out for at least 5-10 mins. However that is now locked and cannot move so theoretically you could leave it alone (yes the enemy will benefit from the resources) and utilize your larger infantry squads to control the other areas of the map. Once you have enough resources you can attack the bofors. I see too many people run toward bofors like they can take them head on; it causes massive bleed and makes it near impossible to win that way. Once it's built, leave it alone until you have heavy armor.

3 years ago
    thekingsownthekingso… Posts: 447

Counterbarrage:
    - Substitute Counterbarrage with UKF Artillery Regiment Concentration fire (requires aiming + munitions per pop)
    - Actually fix 25pdr so that they deal AoE damage (like the Sexton)

Rationale: It takes some effort to aim Concentration Fire, and the counterplay is obvious (move out of the way). This should also fix 25pdrs, which have been dragging down non-doc Brits and the Royal Artillery Regiment since release.

Mortar Pit:
    - Autofire range should be reduced to 80 instead of 115)
    - Fix barrage weapon damage (Mortar-Two deals reduced damage when in barrage mode)

Rationale: Again, Mortar Pit should require some input to use. It will still be able to fight back vs enemy artillery due to its superior barrage range. In order to be useful vs infantry, the Mortar Pit will have to be targeted manually (barrage). Thus Pit-spam will not scale well (due to micro requirements)

Bofors:
    - Reduce barrage range (so it can't hit back at mortars)
    - Vastly decrease its performance vs retreating squads
    - Reduce damage output vs mediums

(This should also apply to OKW T4)

Rationale: The Brit player is paying for a unit to deny a specific area. What the Brit player is getting is a unit that also denies ALL areas behind the Bofors (any retreating squad will be evaporated by this unit)

Finally, also consider that the only faction with infantry capable of taking down emplacements (OKW), is losing exactly that. (No; don't reinstate Volks blobs, but pull down emplacements a bit).

I couldn't agree more with this. It's just common sense.. I am appalled how overpowered Brit emplacements are still not being looked at . Absolutely shocking.

The mortar emplacements range is WAY WAY to far and with the doctrine far to durable.

The Bofors is another no skill no micro unit that has a 360 degree ark , liquidates all infantry AND even tanks AND is also an artillery piece that suppresses instantly with the same range as a mortar. So basically you have a unit that is amazing at everything coupled with the insane durability British emplacements have.

It's not balanced , its not fair, It's not competitive and should be looked at ASAP.

3 years ago

Stop whining. The bofors barrage, the only thing wrong with the bofors, was nerfed, and if you think a bofors can counter tanks, you're clearly not playing right. The mortar range is larger because it can't bloody move unlike every other mortar in the game, UKF's emplacements are fine, except for the 17pdr which is underpowered. This irrational emplacement hate is ridiculous. If you want constantly speed-clicking micro go play a MOBA.

3 years ago

If you check the balance patch notes, they have reduced damage for bofors barrage, increasing the AOE. It's what I suggested earlier in the 'bofors' thread. Therefore punishing blobs yet not wiping so many models.

3 years ago
    edited June 2016

@d4rkhawk100 said:
    You have to remember that yes 2 leIG's are expensive but so is a mortar pit + bofors 680 + 30 fuel. If you go emplacements early on and spend most of your manpower with that you are left with one or two squads on infantry max. You keep hammering the emplacements with leIG's and defend them with your infantry. Once destroyed you have vetted leIG to keep and UKF has just lost 680mp while your leIG can be useful till end game.

Please use the cheat mode,make 2 ieig18 shooting at mortar pith vet 0,no ability activated,it will destroy ieig so fast.
    Make stand fast ability repair emplacements when they are not braced,reduce stand fast auto repair rate,reduce Re repair speed,only heavy RE should repair at current speed.

3 years ago
    d4rkhawk100d4rkhawk1… Posts: 49
    edited June 2016

@Xutryn_X7 said:

@d4rkhawk100 said:

Please use the cheat mode,make 2 ieig18 shooting at mortar pith vet 0,no ability activated,it will destroy ieig so fast.
    Make stand fast ability repair emplacements when they are not braced,reduce stand fast auto repair rate,reduce Re repair speed,only heavy RE should repair at current speed.

As you can see I've shown that 2 leIG's can EASILY destroy UKF mortar. If you cannot destroy the mortar pit then you are doing something wrong. Good brit players will defend their mortar pit religiously as it's a huge investment but if you have 2 leIG's sitting way back, they can be just as deadly.

EDIT: Forgive the attachment, I am unsure how to embed a replay on the forum.

3 years ago

That's 660MP that if you attack it with your IS squad+vickers,it can't hurt you.The Emplacements are too durable and they are repair way to fast,faster than osther can repair their tanks.Vickers spam to bofors vs OKW works well,as maxim in building spam until mid game stuka when it's kinda gg on 2vs2+above

3 years ago
    1. What? Should a 330mp unit that can move be able to counter a 400mp unit that can't? Of course you need two, because otherwise it'd make no sense.
    2. Emplacements are not too durable, you can take them out if you use any sort of tactics or spam ISG's like I've seen people do.
    3 years ago
    le12role12ro Posts: 2,302 mod
    edited June 2016

What about posting replays and experiments to denote the points being made? I enjoyed the cheat mode replay, and there's quite a lot of replays on CoH2.org that denote how to deal with situations that are theorized.

It is much better than having somewhat circular discussions in which units are countered by units, with the obvious reply that units are countered by more units..

3 years ago

@le12ro said:
    What about posting replays and experiments to denote the points being made? I enjoyed the cheat mode replay, and there's quite a lot of replays on CoH2.org that denote how to deal with situations that are theorized.

It is much better than having somewhat circular discussions in which units are countered by units, with the obvious reply that units are countered by more units..

Thanks le12ro. It was my first time using the cheat mod for the purpose of a replay. I'm just fed up of people saying how _hard _it is to destroy emplacements when it's clear that it's very easy if you play your cards right.

3 years ago

@d4rkhawk100 said:

@le12ro said:

Thanks le12ro. It was my first time using the cheat mod for the purpose of a replay. I'm just fed up of people saying how _hard _it is to destroy emplacements when it's clear that it's very easy if you play your cards right.

you have Engineer to repair,cancer regiment that auto repair all emplacements for free,you have stand fast,even with 2 mortar and 1 ieig 18 it takes at least 2 minutes to destroy a stupid emplacements,not to say counter arty.You have infantry to push for ieig 18,tanks and so on.You will not see a lonely mortar pit bombed by 2 ieig18

3 years ago
    KopiGKopiG Posts: 72
    edited June 2016

@d4rkhawk100 said:

@le12ro said:

This is not how the game works. This is not how anything works. Emplacements are hard to kill and you need to factor in a lot of other things not just like: hey I measured and it exactly takes 2 minutes 13 seconds with 2 LEIGs to kill a mortar pit... Right because a game is just as simple is that.
    So what I am saying is that they are way too hard to kill considering the effort and resources you have to put into an operation like that. They are just too cost efficient in my opinion.

3 years ago
    eonfigureeonfigure Posts: 468
    edited June 2016

@Lazarus said:
    Lets make this interesting. I prove to you I'm top 200 1 v 1 with Brits, you HAVE to concede to me on every point regarding brits from now on. Deal?

:lol: ! That's one of the funniest things i've seen you post
    u and mcmartel going at it cracks me up man
    (i know im not on topic, i just really got a good laugh from it, sorry! xD)

3 years ago

@KopiG said:

@d4rkhawk100 said:

@le12ro said:

This is not how the game works. This is not how anything works. Emplacements are hard to kill and you need to factor in a lot of other things not just like: hey I measured and it exactly takes 2 minutes 13 seconds with 2 LEIGs to kill a mortar pit... Right because a game is just as simple is that.
    So what I am saying is that they are way too hard to kill considering the effort and resources you have to put into an operation like that. They are just too cost efficient in my opinion.

Right. The thing is, if you keep your units alive is that once their emplacements are destroyed, that 400mp or 280mp is gone and the vet along with it. By the time they've suck that much mp in you have vetted your units which can be a deciding factor in a lot of games.

Yes they are cost effective and they do effectively lock out a capture point on the map it's just about how you deal with them once they are up.

3 years ago
    Emplacments SHOULD be a powerful defensive asset, I think the problem is that they are a VERY powerful defensive automaton. 2ish minutes is a LONG time to be able to survive without any player input. That means they can focus on an assault elsewhere without worrying that their defensive line needs to be even looked at. The attacker however ia fighting 2 autonomous enemies- 1 a bot the other a skilled player (Maybe)

You look at the coh1 emplacements with their super health and notice their extra power would degrade without constantly being topped up by super sappers- meaning enough muni didnt simply win all fights.

I think the forward assembly allowing a retreat point/the ability to call in arty/weapon racks/reinforcement point/free garrison status/ the ability to repair sh!t may be the problem for ease of defence in important areas
    3 years ago

@thedarkarmadillo said:
    Emplacments SHOULD be a powerful defensive asset, I think the problem is that they are a VERY powerful defensive automaton. 2ish minutes is a LONG time to be able to survive without any player input. That means they can focus on an assault elsewhere without worrying that their defensive line needs to be even looked at. The attacker however ia fighting 2 autonomous enemies- 1 a bot the other a skilled player (Maybe)

You look at the coh1 emplacements with their super health and notice their extra power would degrade without constantly being topped up by super sappers- meaning enough muni didnt simply win all fights.

I think the forward assembly allowing a retreat point/the ability to call in arty/weapon racks/reinforcement point/free garrison status/ the ability to repair sh!t may be the problem for ease of defence in important areas

+sappers repair speed on emplacements,mortars are repair 80% of time with stand fast,auto repair from cancer regiment,huge range.Also the emplacements hitbox it's so stupid,you shoot exactly on center and guess what?you sometimes do full damage,sometimes half damage,like 80hp damage and then 32.8hp damage because somehow you shot "between"emplacement so you get reduced damage.That's so much BS.Same thing happen when you fire an unbraced emplacement with stuka

3 years ago
    LazarusLazarus Posts: 4,020

@thedarkarmadillo said:

A while ago I suggested only 1 defensive emplacement per sector and removing the garrison bonus from forward HQs so you have to actually put infantry that can bleed inside emplacements. In theory you could still have a Bofors defending a mortar pit at the edge of a sector but it just makes sim city less viable.

3 years ago

@Lazarus said:

@thedarkarmadillo said:

A while ago I suggested only 1 defensive emplacement per sector and removing the garrison bonus from forward HQs so you have to actually put infantry that can bleed inside emplacements. In theory you could still have a Bofors defending a mortar pit at the edge of a sector but it just makes sim city less viable.

I like that idea, not necessarily a nerf but like you said prevents sim city and sometimes the hard task of dealing with a bofors in front of a mortar pit on a VP.

3 years ago

@Lazarus said:

@thedarkarmadillo said:

i could get behind this.

3 years ago
    ArdanotusArdanotus Posts: 21

@le12ro said:
    Theoretically, if the opponent has got several mortar pits, bofors, and 3-4 IS squads, the opposing players either did something wrong with their resource and unit management, or has been completely outplayed.

In addition, IS squads are not that great for charging either, unless the commander ability is used to support such radical attacks.

every used 4 of those IS squads upgraded with brens?? the melt even mgs before they can repond. right now USF blob is worst in game with dual bars, after that it is the IS with brens. in 2vs2 and above allies players only use blobs with upgrades. if there something relic needs fixing it is the blob issue. but one wonders if they even have the know how to do this since this game had blobbing issues since the start...

3 years ago
    edited June 2016

@KopiG said:
    Lazarus your response MCMartel is absolutely on spot. I loved it, thumbs up. I just have one thing to add MCMartel:

MCMartel said:
    2. A bofors is, again, easily countered by a single lieg, as it's barrage can't reach it and the leig's barrage can easily brace it for shrek blobs to overwhelm.

In my experience I was never be able to counter a Bofor emplacement with a single LEIG. I always needed a second.
    Also if it is braced then you cannot really deal dmg with your so called schrek blobs to it.. and while you are sitting next to a braced Bofors the enemy has plenty of time to react and start chewing your infantry... by the time the brace is off the Bofors + other support units will tear you apart... if that already hadnt happened with just the supporting units.
    So mind you, Im not really seeing this Bofor counter with schrek blobs... and this even will be a moot point because there wont be any schrek blobs in the upcoming patch anyway.
    Can you guys counter a Bofor with a single LEIG? What do you guys think what are your experiences?
    Note: Getting 2 LEIG is hella expensive as has been mentioned before by Lazarus.

That's what i was going to say...

I don't see how this shrek blob is overtaking your bofors if it's braced, as brace currently provides a temporary (near) invulnerability. And as soon as it wears off...any infantry in front of it are obliterated.
    ...and yeah that's just an absolute exaggeration, a single leig is not enough to effectively counter a bofors. It's the start of it, but not the end.

3 years ago
    1. A single lieg can easily force a bofors into brace/constant repair/sapper bleed.
    2. Brace is not at all invicibility, it's tougher, shrekblobs+a single lieg can break a mortar/bofors combo pretty easily.
    3. Again, this is just another excuse to pile more unecessary nerfs on an underperforming faction cause it dared to do things axis players insist only axis can do, like play defense and have non-paper tanks. And it is a more macro-oriented faction but I don't agree with the insistence everything has to be a constant-clicking key-mashing moba-like microfest either.
    3 years ago

@eonfigure said:

@KopiG said:

MCMartel said:

I don't see how this shrek blob is overtaking your bofors if it's braced, as brace currently provides a temporary (near) invulnerability. And as soon as it wears off...any infantry in front of it are obliterated.
    ...and yeah that's just an absolute exaggeration, a single leig is not enough to effectively counter a bofors. It's the start of it, but not the end.

1. Get the bofors to brace.
    2. Run up with you're lonely volks squad
    3. Throw a flame nade and watch the bofors burn to hell
    4. So long as you time it right as to when the bofors is at the end of the bracing period.

Couple that with a single leIG and you're golden

3 years ago

@d4rkhawk100 said:

@eonfigure said:

@KopiG said:

MCMartel said:

1. Get the bofors to brace.
    2. Run up with you're lonely volks squad
    3. Throw a flame nade and watch the bofors burn to hell
    4. So long as you time it right as to when the bofors is at the end of the bracing period.

Couple that with a single leIG and you're golden

I know, i've done that, (we all have) but he didnt say anything about flame nades. Even still the priority of my point was, it's not going to take any damage from shreks while braced, and the infantry will be minced as soon as it ends.

3 years ago
    BeardedragonBeardedra… Posts: 1,495

@Xutryn_X7 said:

@MCMartel said:
    It's comically easy to take out mortar pits and bofors with even 2 leig's, I really can't imagine how people could not be able to do it.

Like they don't have 3-4 IS squads charging your Isg and volks

they dont because if they can afford 3-4 IS squads, they dont have manpower to rush vickers to bofos.