[SOVET] Sniper

3 years ago
Naya_TyanNaya_Tyan Russia Posts: 129

Let's talk about the Soviet snipers? Why do they have 1 sniper rifle and the other not? it is better to make two sniper rifles. as the British snipers are effective against tech and units, but the weapon speed.. Vermitsky snipers "sniper rifle Gewehr 43" rapid-fire. So I think it will be better than the Soviet snipers of the two rifles with telescopic sights and sniper cost to increase to 400 instead of 360.

Tagged:

Comments

3 years ago
    LazarusLazarus Posts: 4,039

No. They have 1 rifle and slow rate of fire because they're shooting at 4 man squads. The Wehr sniper has a higher rate of fire because he's fighting 6 man squads. Soviet sniper is already the most durable in the game. No need for them shoot the fastest too.

3 years ago
    WiderstreitWiderstre… Posts: 950
    Sniper is fine and unkillabe. Why do you need more?
    3 years ago
    BeardedragonBeardedra… Posts: 1,495
    edited June 2016

maybe i am mistaken but one is the sniper, the other is the spotter. hence why they run around with 2 snipers but only one rifle (like modern day snipers). Soviet tends to be about less damage, more durbility, that can be seen in the choice of snipers too. a soviet sniper, for instance, cant be killed by an enemy sniper instantly, it would require two shots.

3 years ago
    ArdanotusArdanotus Posts: 21

so you want to make a broken unit even more broken, great idea keep up those perfect ideas. if anything that sniper needs is a nerf to 1 men. and make all snipers in game doctrinal

3 years ago
    BeardedragonBeardedra… Posts: 1,495

@Ardanotus said:
    so you want to make a broken unit even more broken, great idea keep up those perfect ideas. if anything that sniper needs is a nerf to 1 men. and make all snipers in game doctrinal

lol what.

what part makes the soviet sniper overpowered? he has lower rate of fire, but is more duable. the german sniper has higher rate of fire but is less duable.

how is one more OP than the other?

3 years ago
    WiderstreitWiderstre… Posts: 950
    Only op sniper is Brit's one ^^
    3 years ago
    whitesky00whitesky00 Posts: 407

well, they just buffed it's HP because they realized SOV sniper had such a low life expectancy. However, they still do poorly against a lucky RNG mortar round. I've had vet 3 snipers instant wiped from a lucky mortar round where as OST and UKF snipers can get a mortar to the head and survive.

3 years ago
    thedarkarmadillothedarkar… Posts: 5,822

@whitesky00 said:
    well, they just buffed it's HP because they realized SOV sniper had such a low life expectancy. However, they still do poorly against a lucky RNG mortar round. I've had vet 3 snipers instant wiped from a lucky mortar round where as OST and UKF snipers can get a mortar to the head and survive.

ive told my soviet sniper to engage a rakk in a building and then get smoked by the rakk before they fired a bloody shot..

3 years ago
    hsk9146hsk9146 Posts: 153

i don't agree to double rifles but a slight buff in firerate maybe. they are currently a littlebit too slow and they don't really win engagements for you

3 years ago
    whitesky00whitesky00 Posts: 407

@thedarkarmadillo said:

@whitesky00 said:

ive told my soviet sniper to engage a rakk in a building and then get smoked by the rakk before they fired a bloody shot..

sucks :( I think AT weapon damages are only supposed to do 25% of their damage now to infantry? no more zook or shrek shots sniping infantry :open_mouth:

3 years ago
    MeowMeow Posts: 165

Giving 2 sniper rifles to 1 squad would make them OP
    They would be able to bleed 2x as fast as they do now
    2 squad members means they can afford to lose models unlike Wermacht snipers or British
    Soivet sniper squad would have no weaknesses compared to Wer and only can't engage vehicle like Brit sniper.

SU - durability
    WER - rapid fire - bleeding
    UK - versatility

Giving SU 2 sniper rifles would make them more durable then WER (they already are), faster firing than UK and WER

3 years ago
    They work pretty well as they are now. With a penal squad running interference you can easily tip some unfavorable infantry fights in your favor.
    3 years ago
    ArdanotusArdanotus Posts: 21

best way to fix sovjet sniper is remove the stealth on the move. 2 models is already OP against any other sniper

3 years ago
    MCMartelMCMartel Posts: 1,855

Soviet sniper isn't OP at all, it's pretty weak.

3 years ago
    What are you talking about ardanotus? Soviet only gets in cover camo - not on the move