[all] Please revert mine changes versus infantry

3 years ago

The new changes to mines do in my oppinion not work. they kill a maximum of 2 squad members, then hardly supress and minesweepers have become mostly redundant. inteh past they were great for countering or at least slowing donw blobs, while now they are an almst completely redudntand infantry counter.

Mines were fine as they were in the past. Yes sometimes they did whipe squads but for a mere 30 munitions they could be countered, no problem.

The only issue was that they could instantly whipe units that can pop out of ambiant buildings. which could be fixed, by say, make it impossible to lay mines in front of door. or just by sayin that, that is the risk for popping units like falls out of buildings.

I am a big fan of reverting the changes to mines in relation to infantry.

Please let me know your oppinions! :)

Comments

3 years ago
    newshatterhandnewshatte… Posts: 278

Yeah I liked the old mines better too. Squad positioning is what should be fixed, but this has been said a thousand times already.

3 years ago
    thedarkarmadillothedarkar… Posts: 5,795
    I too liked the old mines better, and the wiping infiltration units imo was fair game. Laying mines outside doors was supposed to stop high dps units from being behind your lines. The risk of poping out and not knowing what was there was on the infiltrater, defensive action was on the defender.
    3 years ago
    GenObiGenObi Posts: 1,368
    idk guys i though for sure this would be the change i would hate the most......but i gotta tell ya iam warming up to it...
    3 years ago
    WunderKatzeWunderKat… Posts: 702

The new mines suck ass. I had the foresight to see that much coming.

If they still want to nerf them then make it so they do 70 damage to all members but do full damage to two members. This way they won't one shot full health squads but still will generate wipes on low health units and leave an opportunity during retreat for wipes.

3 years ago
    @GenObi the problem I have with it most of all is that as a Soviet player I can freely March my cons ahead as mine tramplers vs the okw and lose at most 40MP instead of requiring a CE squad ahead of my armour ONTOP of a conscript (snare). It took a nasty but preventable mechanic and made it negligible imo.
    2 years ago
    whitesky00whitesky00 Posts: 407

well, seems like cons have another role! Since, they are the least useful DPS mainline infantry, they got another utility in addition to: making sandbags, molotov, at snare, meatshield, and support weapon reinforce (useful at close range with doctrinal ppsh). This tactic only works against OKW since infantry don't trigger teller mines or riegel (doctrinal)

2 years ago
    @whitesky00 still, no fear of mines for no cost against 1/2 the enemies you face us incredibly powerfulm played a match where a Sturm laid a mine and a came across it as he finished, yolod into the mine, killed 2 of his and 2 of mine. Hes out the muni and the cost of the sturms he lost, I was only out 40mp lol
    2 years ago
    whitesky00whitesky00 Posts: 407

that is circumstantial. if those were old mines, maybe 3-4 cons would have died but 3-4 (the whole squad) would have died to the mine. in this case, SOV would still be the clear winner. The only way the whole 6 man con squad would die is if it was moving towards cover that causes them all to bunch up. That generally doesn't happen to 6 man squads.

2 years ago

Mines are a small investment but should result in a big payoff, this is a strategy game after all. Besides, on some maps there are such few narrow pathways that it's hard to even place a mine guaranteeing that your enemy will trigger it. It takes rifleman months to plant mines which makes it difficult to plant without your enemy seeing, even if you get past that hurdle and they trigger they'll just march on and cap the point you were protecting with your mines. I don't understand why Relic changed this.

2 years ago
    HéliosHélios Posts: 19

cuz a lot of ppl ended "plz op nerf dis, counter blob, too hard to think urr durr" something like that?
    Minesweeper is worth the ammo trade off for a single mine... what is so hard about that? be happy that minesweeper prevent any spotted mine from exploding
    in a nutshell, another relic "let's change that to change that..."

2 years ago
    lordpeter3lordpeter3 Posts: 321

Thus so far everyone is in favour of reverting the change?

2 years ago
    RudonRudon Posts: 16

It was changed because a 30 ammunition expensive mine could instantly wipe Wehrmacht Grenadiere, Panzer Grenadiers and pioneer squads, even vet three.

2 years ago

@lordpeter3 said:

It sure seems that way. Any issues, get a minesweeper and you're safe. Seemed fair enough to me: Risk getting blown up and save muni for upgrades or buy a sweeper just in case. Makes the game that bit more exciting

2 years ago

@d4rkhawk100 said:

@lordpeter3 said:

It sure seems that way. Any issues, get a minesweeper and you're safe. Seemed fair enough to me: Risk getting blown up and save muni for upgrades or buy a sweeper just in case. Makes the game that bit more exciting

lets hope they will revert it soon

2 years ago

30 ammunition for mine the vehicles damaged and infantry squads obliterates (only Wehrmacht infantry). Apart from that there are AT and no AI mines.

2 years ago

@Rudon said:
    30 ammunition for mine the vehicles damaged and infantry squads obliterates (only Wehrmacht infantry). Apart from that there are AT and no AI mines.

yes, but you can make then useles by just buying a sweeper. they can one hit infantry, but only at certain narrow points which adds flare for mine placers. Also squad wiping does not have to do with mines, but mroe with annother issue, namely squad spacing.

30 muni is a risk/reward investment. say you lay 3 mines and your opponent got sweepers, that renders your 90 muni investment instantly useless.

2 years ago

Have you ever seen that a full health rifleman was completely wiped out by one mine.
    Wehrmacht player had luck wehn from the vet three lmg Grenadier one man survived. This made it impossible to attack for several directions without risking losing a squad. You had to buy several minesweeper, that is 200 Manpower
    6 supply and 30 ammunition.
    So 400 manpower supply 12 and 60 ammunition that you can attack from two directions without the risk to losing a squad.
    Other armies never had this problem.

2 years ago
    The issue with mines wasnt mines, it was squad bunching. Certainly we all saw that video of a puma wiping a captain squad with a single shot, puma not op, squad bunching broken. Anything with any aoe can wipe given the circle jerk of 14 men hiding behind a stump. The result of CONSTANT nerfing of anything that kills multiple units because of a bunching problem is that blobs bleed less and less, they are punished less and less and the skill required to win becomes less and less. The game isnt fun when its battle of the blobs and relic is making that more and more plausible.

Mines are countered by the same cost on a unit that doesnt bring much dps to the fight anyways, and the one that DOES bring dps? Can put the sweeper away... Hitting a mine is on you, it wiping your squad is on relic.