SturmPioneer Blobbing

2 years ago

this time is worse because they just spam sturmpios and they are a pain in the ass to deal with. high DPS click forward and kill everything... then mid to late they all buy shrecks.............. Why do people even play like this......... You remove it from one unit to another and people find a way to do it anyway it's dumb........... I don't think there is a cure for this

Comments

2 years ago
    hsk9146hsk9146 Posts: 153

rofl yea thats true

2 years ago
    y03y03 Posts: 1,075
    Oh geez sturmpios OP?

Not in a anyway because of their:
    1. Small squad size
    2. Nerfed down stg44s when you compare them with panzergrens
    3. No form of building clearance(i don't think the stun grenade actually does anything either, and if im not mistaken, you can't upgrade sturms with flamethrowers and schreks ever since the patch)

Should be enough to convince you.
    2 years ago

Why the heck would someone spam 300mp squads that take forever to train and reinforce? They're also terrible fighters past the early game point.

2 years ago
    I dont know if its op but for sure annoying theres nothing really to stop them if you have ur mg guarding another area. They just rush at you in mass with their high DPS.
    2 years ago

@hsk9146 said:
    I dont know if its op but for sure annoying theres nothing really to stop them if you have ur mg guarding another area. They just rush at you in mass with their high DPS.

If you're not paying attention or they came from around the corner they can easily wipe your squad, quickly. It's all about keeping your distance with sturms plus their DPS penalty while on the move is massive.

2 years ago
    thedarkarmadillothedarkar… Posts: 5,789
    Have you tried shooting at them with anything at all? A blob of Sturms is not viable due to bleed. Or dont be where they are cause 300MP per and 90mu for each shrek means no mines (not that they are a threat anyways, thanks relic) and no field presence. You can demo them as Soviet, m8a1 as usf and Vickers as Brits. Or use mines, 2 models off a 300MP 90mu unit means retreat or risk wiping. Straight up l2p sorry.
    2 years ago

as bad as the person who played apparently I didn't lose the game actually

2 years ago
    ImperialDaneImperialD… Posts: 3,017 mod

Then why are you complaining ? Some people will always try to blob.

2 years ago

i don't know it's annoying and not really fun to play with :P

2 years ago
    captainjordycaptainjo… Posts: 498

I find Sturmpioneers literally 20x easier to deal with than the Volksgrenadier blobs. That little tiny change fixed everything. I have been able to fight off hordes of Sturms with mgs line infantry or even Centaurs. The stress level of the entire game has gone down by about 100%.

2 years ago
    BeardedragonBeardedra… Posts: 1,495

yes.. Sturmpioneer spam isnt really entirely viable since they have few models.

dealing with Volk blobs is a whole lot more annoying since they all carry STGs. though as mentioned above, its a whole lot less stressful than before with the volk spam with shreks. mother of god was i on the verge of mental breakdown after some of my 4v4 games.

2 years ago
    Dang_It_BobbyDang_It_B… Posts: 4
    edited July 2016

@CartoonVillain said:
    Why the heck would someone spam 300mp squads that take forever to train and reinforce? They're also terrible fighters past the early game point.

I have one.

I've done the sturmpio spam combined with the feuersturm doctrine as it relies on pios to work. Honestly, it worked wonders for me in an urban setting. the flame throwers and now with the shreks i didn't even need to call volks out. And when i knew i was about to loose some pios in an engagment I just poped the recoup losses tab and boom i had plenty to reinforce them and then some.

So that is one example as to why some one would spam sturmpios. Did it work? Yes, but only with the Feuersturm doctrine. Was it effective? Yeah, units in buildings do not like fire.

But... was it OP? Not really, i had to do a lot of flanking and gurilla tactics to keep them alive. Also, these little squads take FOREVER to vet up! Another thing that needs to be address i believe is that this guys die to easily to AT fire. Sure they had shreks but even with two squads they got stomped on from enemy tanks. So i guess there is your counter to them Original poster.

2 years ago
    MikeHaggarMikeHaggar Posts: 634

I kinda feel like only two schrecks should be allowed in an army at one time. Also schrecks and fausts AND raketenwerfers should not all be in the same army especially on basic units.

2 years ago
    Dang_It_BobbyDang_It_B… Posts: 4
    edited July 2016

@MikeHaggar said:
    I kinda feel like only two schrecks should be allowed in an army at one time. Also schrecks and fausts AND raketenwerfers should not all be in the same army especially on basic units.

Two schreks? No army has ever had a limit on anything but super units like the KT or Tiger. That just sounds unfair and speaking with no thought behind it. No Raketenwerfers are okay where they are, without them, OKW has no counter against early vehicles opening game and the other two don't show up until a truck is placed.

2 years ago
    PedroPedro Posts: 63

Player that blobs with SP must be crazy to do such a thing. SP are up now with so many tasks to do. Schreck also lowers their ability to fight off allied infantry. Not to mention they have problem to even hit sth with that thing. Volks should still have their at just limited to i dunno - 2 units so noobs wouldnt blob with them anymore.

2 years ago
    ElSlayerElSlayer Posts: 230

Get a DShKa or M2HB. Maxim/Vickers is meh, but do OK if you manage to manually switch targets in time.

2 years ago
    gandamulagandamula Posts: 19
    They removed the sherks from Volks what they expect, people use now a good anti infantry unit that become useful in the late game, is what I call a bad move.
    2 years ago
    ofieldofield Posts: 630
    edited July 2016

@CartoonVillain schrieb:

Because of the AT they provide. I encountered Stumrpio spam twice so far. not too effective, easily countered with AI Infantry. Even ppsh cons do the job.