Italian Army for CoH2 (second idea)

Comments

3 years ago
    GrenadierIT19Grenadier… ItalyPosts: 575

Made 2 new commanders, 1 new unit and made a description of the buildings you can construct

3 years ago
    Awesome!

From a non-developer perspective, this looks very well thought out and I'm sure, that it would be a pleasure to see your ideas beeing realized. Due to a lack of insight, I don't know if it would be balanced or achievable though. Keep up the good work.

3 years ago

@SarcasmOverflow ha detto:
    From a non-developer perspective, this looks very well thought out and I'm sure, that it would be a pleasure to see your ideas beeing realized. Due to a lack of insight, I don't know if it would be balanced or achievable though. Keep up the good work.

Thank you for your appreciation! :)
    More or less i know how those units would work, i think that writing that unit X works like unit Y, or it's a bit stronger/weaker than unit Y.
    I have been writing a file about some stats for the vehicles like HP, Target Size.
    This is easy because you simply check unit details for units of this game, you check the difference between this unit and the unit you invented. For example about Target Size, you see the in game vehicle has target size 22 and your new vehicle is smaller than it, if this difference is not irrelevant, i just change put a lower number than 22.
    This works also for Armor, HP, etc.
    Something really long to make in my opinion is deciding DPS and other similar things that i think they have a formula behind it and i just don't know it.

Yes, designing stuffs is easy, the hardest part is making them to work in this system.
    But this is something i'm not able to do :(

3 years ago
    Awesome!

It obviously requires a lot of work and enthusiasm to design such a concept and I respect and appreciate this very much as I would be far to impatient and inconsistent to do so. :smiley: (And in a sharp contrast to certain other posts in the forum, it is not "lol lelic plz fix much broken" but actually reasonable and interesting.)

3 years ago
    edited July 2016

It obviously requires a lot of work and enthusiasm to design such a concept and I respect and appreciate this very much as I would be far to impatient and inconsistent to do so. :smiley: (And in a sharp contrast to certain other posts in the forum, it is not "lol lelic plz fix much broken" but actually reasonable and interesting.)

Thanks you again for you appreciation!
    I can't wait for this!
    I hope that DoW3 won't bleed Relic effort to this awesome game despite some bugs/imbalance, i really hope this game won't stop here and this silence for new content it's because something is under development and not ready at the moment.

PS: also Relic's CoH2 2016 Roadmap i remember should have been announced in April/May but i can't find anything about it

3 years ago
    CaptWarCaptWar Posts: 91
    edited July 2016
    Awesome!

@GrenadierIT19 said:

Thanks you again for you appreciation!
    I can't wait for this!
    I hope that DoW3 won't bleed Relic effort to this awesome game despite some bugs/imbalance, i really hope this game won't stop here and this silence for new content it's because something is under development and not ready at the moment.

PS: also Relic's CoH2 2016 Roadmap i remember should have been announced in April/May but i can't find anything about it

Everyone that I speak with playing this game all agree that axis should at least get a new faction. I don't think Dawn of war will bleed relic too much though they now have a good chunk of their force making the game. I don't think this game is going to stop here since there is so much to add to it. I'm still waiting on hearing some sort of news like all of us or some hint that they are making something. I always ask a dev to leave a comment if they know a thing about a possible new faction but still here nothing ;) who knows

Also the poll is unanimous in favor of an Italian faction or just another axis faction in general, they just can't pass this opportunity.

3 years ago

Fascinating!!! hope this discussion can reach the ears of relic. Surely u organize this italian army of yours well. But kinda odd for the German Support Doctrine,,, is there any "Axis Lend Lease" ? cause i've just heard the germans gave the italians a pz.IV G and stg 44... but if its just in the game, why not ? KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK ;)

3 years ago
    Awesome!

@Jackalcom3 said:
    Fascinating!!! hope this discussion can reach the ears of relic. Surely u organize this italian army of yours well. But kinda odd for the German Support Doctrine,,, is there any "Axis Lend Lease" ? cause i've just heard the germans gave the italians a pz.IV G and stg 44... but if its just in the game, why not ? KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK ;)

That is what this forum is for. We axis players are trying to let them know that we want another axis faction. heck we even wen t as far is to add a petition to prove it. We all want one added to company of heroes 2 EVEN IF it would mean that last faction they add. Axis does not have enough units, matter of fact it's so short on the list of units that actually participated in the eastern front. There are no flak 88s in this game, no jag panthers or multiple tank kills like marauders. there are no v1 or v2 rockets or other forms of artillery Germany used during the war. No panzer 3s or whirlblewinds, I can go on.

We all want another axis faction whether it be German/ Italian mixed. German/ eastern mixed ( Romania, Hungary, etc..) Japan even. We want it to be fair that is all we are asking. We all want it to be 3 Axis vs 3 Allies. Not 3 Allies vs 2 Axis. To me it feels like Axis got the short end of the stick and it's not right.

So far no Dev has denied or announced they will stop adding factions, the last faction released about 8 or 9 months ago.

Even Quinn said on video that they had a 5 year plan for company of heroes 2 and if we wanted an army they would make them. Well here we all are asking for a new axis army, make it happen!!! we still have 2 good solid years with this game still.

3 years ago
    edited July 2016

@Jackalcom3 ha detto:

Thanks!
    Yeah, i'm creating a new german lend lease commander, i don't want to make more than 3 german support commanders because i don't want to make it something like a 3rd German faction with italian stock units, but definetly i would make a new german commander for the italian army, I'm going to make a new commander with StuG.
    You're right, germans gave both PzIV and StuGs to the italians

@CaptWar ha detto:
    That is what this forum is for. We axis players are trying to let them know that we want another axis faction. heck we even wen t as far is to add a petition to prove it. We all want one added to company of heroes 2 EVEN IF it would mean that last faction they add. Axis does not have enough units, matter of fact it's so short on the list of units that actually participated in the eastern front. There are no flak 88s in this game, no jag panthers or multiple tank kills like marauders. there are no v1 or v2 rockets or other forms of artillery Germany used during the war. No panzer 3s or whirlblewinds, I can go on.

We all want another axis faction whether it be German/ Italian mixed. German/ eastern mixed ( Romania, Hungary, etc..) Japan even. We want it to be fair that is all we are asking. We all want it to be 3 Axis vs 3 Allies. Not 3 Allies vs 2 Axis. To me it feels like Axis got the short end of the stick and it's not right.

So far no Dev has denied or announced they will stop adding factions, the last faction released about 8 or 9 months ago.

Even Quinn said on video that they had a 5 year plan for company of heroes 2 and if we wanted an army they would make them. Well here we all are asking for a new axis army, make it happen!!! we still have 2 good solid years with this game still.

Yes, the british were announced last July, who knows, after this "balance patch", when Relic will release the roadmap.
    What i suppose is that Relic is developing a new faction:
    2013: soviets and germans
    2014: americans and OKW
    2015: british
    2016: italians

I think they're going to announce the new faction in August-September 2016 and release it in November-December 2016
    In 2017 a british campaign might become real, a campaign through Africa, Italy and Western Front.

For German units:
    You mentioned FlaK88, Panzer III, Jagdpanther, V1 and V2 Rockets

• Flak88: i'd change OKW PaK43 with the FlaK88, PaK43 was in common with Ostheer
    • Panzer III: i'm undecided if Panzer III would replace Ostheer's or OKW's Panzer IV, but in my honest opinion, i would switch OKW's Panzer IV with Panzer III
    • I don't think that Jagdpanther is necessary because OKW already has the Jagdtiger and Ostheer has the Ferdinand, but if it's necessary to add it, i would give it to OKW because it mainly against the Western Allies
    • V1 and V2 rockets are good to make new OKW commanders, like Terror Doctrine or something similar
    • Hummel: many people said the Hummel, i would change OKW's LefH18 with the Hummel, the LefH18 was in common with Ostheer and even if the Hummel was mainly used on the Eastern Front, the Ostheer had the LefH18 since the beginning. But it's not a very good reason anyway.

I don't know if i'm the only one but i can't stand the german factions having too many units in common, they're two different faction, let's give them different units, vehicles, tanks and artillery.

3 years ago
    Omid_HesamOmid_Hesam Islamic Republic of IRANPosts: 141
    Awesome!

I agree with you that lefh18 and pak43 most replace with 15 cm SFH 18 and Flak 88 at/aa for OKW and V2 Will become a good Counterpart to the British Strategic Bombing and I hope We are see the Italian Army and That british Campaign Soon!

3 years ago

@Omid ha detto:
    I agree with you that lefh18 and pak43 most replace with 15 cm SFH 18 and Flak 88 at/aa for OKW and V2 Will become a good Counterpart to the British Strategic Bombing and I hope We are see the Italian Army and That british Campaign Soon!

Yep, changing OKW's LefH18 with the SFH 18 is the best idea, Hummel might be an Ostheer new doctrinal vehicle.

3 years ago
    Awesome!

@GrenadierIT19 said:

@Jackalcom3 ha detto:

Thanks!
    Yeah, i'm creating a new german lend lease commander, i don't want to make more than 3 german support commanders because i don't want to make it something like a 3rd German faction with italian stock units, but definetly i would make a new german commander for the italian army, I'm going to make a new commander with StuG.
    You're right, germans gave both PzIV and StuGs to the italians

@CaptWar ha detto:

Yes, the british were announced last July, who knows, after this "balance patch", when Relic will release the roadmap.
    What i suppose is that Relic is developing a new faction:
    2013: soviets and germans
    2014: americans and OKW
    2015: british
    2016: italians

I think they're going to announce the new faction in August-September 2016 and release it in November-December 2016
    In 2017 a british campaign might become real, a campaign through Africa, Italy and Western Front.

For German units:
    You mentioned FlaK88, Panzer III, Jagdpanther, V1 and V2 Rockets

• Flak88: i'd change OKW PaK43 with the FlaK88, PaK43 was in common with Ostheer
    • Panzer III: i'm undecided if Panzer III would replace Ostheer's or OKW's Panzer IV, but in my honest opinion, i would switch OKW's Panzer IV with Panzer III
    • I don't think that Jagdpanther is necessary because OKW already has the Jagdtiger and Ostheer has the Ferdinand, but if it's necessary to add it, i would give it to OKW because it mainly against the Western Allies
    • V1 and V2 rockets are good to make new OKW commanders, like Terror Doctrine or something similar
    • Hummel: many people said the Hummel, i would change OKW's LefH18 with the Hummel, the LefH18 was in common with Ostheer and even if the Hummel was mainly used on the Eastern Front, the Ostheer had the LefH18 since the beginning. But it's not a very good reason anyway.

I don't know if i'm the only one but i can't stand the german factions having too many units in common, they're two different faction, let's give them different units, vehicles, tanks and artillery.

I hope we hear news soon. My question was never answered by a dev so i'm still having good feelings that a new faction could be on the way. I too am scoring that we should be hearing news around august September. They have not released their roadmap so we have that as well. My hopes are high that we could be getting a new axis faction that all of us axis players and the game itself deserves. Again to leave it 3 Allies vs 2 Axis is an insult. They release a new faction every year, no doubt we will get one this year. Heck here we all are asking for one, how could they not.

3 years ago

@CaptWar ha detto:

I hope we hear news soon. My question was never answered by a dev so i'm still having good feelings that a new faction could be on the way. I too am scoring that we should be hearing news around august September. They have not released their roadmap so we have that as well. My hopes are high that we could be getting a new axis faction that all of us axis players and the game itself deserves. Again to leave it 3 Allies vs 2 Axis is an insult. They release a new faction every year, no doubt we will get one this year. Heck here we all are asking for one, how could they not.

I agree with you, I don't know why Relic keeps so silent!
    The Roadmap!!!
    I also think that we might hear news in August-September and maybe the new faction will come in December-January

3 years ago
    Awesome!

@GrenadierIT19 said:

@CaptWar ha detto:

The Roadmap!!!
    I also think that we might hear news in August-September and maybe the new faction will come in December-January

"The team is currently still in the process of defining what will be included in future updates planned for the rest of this year.

That being said, the current focus is monitoring balance, addressing prominent bugs and adding curated UGC such as skins, decals, and faceplates. This will be more or less the scope for at least the next few months. Once commitments for future updates have been defined we will release a road map of what to expect from the bigger updates scheduled for late this year/early next year." - Kyle

I believe you're right about the August through January idea. From what I can tell from Kyles post I have a huge smile on my face knowing we're going to be getting a 3rd axis faction soon :) if not more factions and BIGGER updates :D

3 years ago
    It's ok

Hi guys Im Slinger

I have an idea how to easily honor other nations fighting and bleeding during ww2 without implementing new nations from scratch. The plan is realy simple visit our website at:

http://coh2project.wixsite.com/project

or vote in our strawpall:

http://www.strawpoll.me/10804465

The plan is simple:

choose from all the potentially viable nations which shoud be added to the game - we have a nation commander
    decide to which nations attach this commander
    make a community brainstorm about abilities; choose a winner - small reward his impact
    4 brainstorm new commander name - small reward
    test the commander
    implement and make it unable to be bought for in-game chests (only for money) so rito gets some money out of it
    read the feedback and decide on implementing future of the next commander
    strawpoll to potential commanders:
    http://www.strawpoll.me/10804465

P.S.
    Love the game, love the developer (keepu up the good work) and most of all love the community that you can always count for. cheers

Your,
    Slinger

3 years ago

@CaptWar ha detto:

@GrenadierIT19 said:

@CaptWar ha detto:

The Roadmap!!!

"The team is currently still in the process of defining what will be included in future updates planned for the rest of this year.

That being said, the current focus is monitoring balance, addressing prominent bugs and adding curated UGC such as skins, decals, and faceplates. This will be more or less the scope for at least the next few months. Once commitments for future updates have been defined we will release a road map of what to expect from the bigger updates scheduled for late this year/early next year." - Kyle

I believe you're right about the August through January idea. From what I can tell from Kyles post I have a huge smile on my face knowing we're going to be getting a 3rd axis faction soon :) if not more factions and BIGGER updates :D

They must do it! There must be a third axis faction! (Italy of course ;) )
    What could be next? Of course British + Ostheer + OKW + Italian campaign
    What i really hope will happen is reaching the 4vs4: the next two factions could be Hungary and Commonwealth in my honest opinion
    Also Theater of War! And obviously Hungarian and Commonwealth factions campaign, there's so much that can still be done!

3 years ago
    Emperor2000Emperor20… Posts: 122
    Awesome!

@CaptWar said:

@GrenadierIT19 said:

@CaptWar ha detto:

The Roadmap!!!

Kyle wrote it?

3 years ago
    Emperor2000Emperor20… Posts: 122
    Awesome!

@GrenadierIT19 said:

@CaptWar ha detto:

@GrenadierIT19 said:

@CaptWar ha detto:

The Roadmap!!!

They must do it! There must be a third axis faction! (Italy of course ;) )
    What could be next? Of course British + Ostheer + OKW + Italian campaign
    What i really hope will happen is reaching the 4vs4: the next two factions could be Hungary and Commonwealth in my honest opinion
    Also Theater of War! And obviously Hungarian and Commonwealth factions campaign, there's so much that can still be done!

good ideas

but
    Hungary exchanged for Japan
    Commonwealth exchanged for USM (U.S. Marins)

3 years ago
    It's ok

not hear anything from relic for months .... is frustrating :(

3 years ago

@Emperor2000 ha detto:

good ideas

but
    Hungary exchanged for Japan
    Commonwealth exchanged for USM (U.S. Marins)

I'd say Hungary because Relic said that they weren't going to add anything about the Pacific war, but who knows? Pershing also was something forbidden for CoH2 and now it's there.
    Relic is unpredictable!
    I don't know if putting away Commonwealth because USMC it's not so big to make a faction (in my opinion), while Commonwealth will include Australia, New Zealand, South Africa, India, Canada, etc. nations not portrayed in the UKF which are only british.
    For this faction many units can be done with british stuffs not used in the UKF like the Bishop, Archer, Matilda, Humber and many other tanks and aircrafts!
    Anyway, why not also USMC, i'd rather make a commander instead of a faction but who knows how CoH2 will be developed!

@Iseal_italo ha detto:

I think about this too, they said that they weren't going to announce anything for July-August, then in Late August - September they will announce what's the future of CoH2, if i'm not wrong Kyle said that this new content will come to December-January

3 years ago
    Awesome!

@Emperor2000 said:

@CaptWar said:

@GrenadierIT19 said:

@CaptWar ha detto:

The Roadmap!!!

Kyle wrote it?

yes he did on the road map forum post

3 years ago
    Awesome!

@Iseal_italo said:

Besides what I posted me either but don't lose hope. Kyle did inform us we would be hearing news soon sometime in September or so on were this game will be going and what releases we should expect. I still believe we will be getting a 3rd axis faction.

3 years ago
    edited August 2016

@CaptWar ha detto:

@Iseal_italo said:

Besides what I posted me either but don't lose hope. Kyle did inform us we would be hearing news soon sometime in September or so on were this game will be going and what releases we should expect. I still believe we will be getting a 3rd axis faction.

Yeah, the 3rd axis faction must be Italy!
    Something i'm scared of is the voice acting, I hope that they won't act like a stupid italo - american movie accent (seriously, as Italian, this classic maccaroni accent, a bit annoying, i don't know what kind of italian accent should this maccaroni accent come from! I'm confused).
    Seriously please no stupid italian accents!
    Instead the acting might focus on the way an italian might pronounce, for example the italian "R" similar to the Russian, the "Th" sound usually italians pronounce it as a "D" for example, also an italian way to pronounce the english words but not being too sterotypical.
    Essentially, an italian version of english focusing on pronunciation of some sounds in the italian way, with a "soft" italian accent, you understand that they are italians but not a fully italianized english, it would sound really bad in my opinion.

PS: ahaha why not adding italians gesticulating while talking?! :)

PPS: also the pronunciation of the "Th" from "Something" for example, usually italians pronounce it like a "T" = "Someting"

3 years ago
    Awesome!

@GrenadierIT19 said:

@CaptWar ha detto:

@Iseal_italo said:

Yeah, the 3rd axis faction must be Italy!
    Something i'm scared of is the voice acting, I hope that they won't act like a stupid italo - american movie accent (seriously, as Italian, this classic maccaroni accent, a bit annoying, i don't know what kind of italian accent should this maccaroni accent come from! I'm confused).
    Seriously please no stupid italian accents!
    Instead the acting might focus on the way an italian might pronounce, for example the italian "R" similar to the Russian, the "Th" sound usually italians pronounce it as a "D" for example, also an italian way to pronounce the english words but not being too sterotypical.
    Essentially, an italian version of english focusing on pronunciation of some sounds in the italian way, with a "soft" italian accent, you understand that they are italians but not a fully italianized english, it would sound really bad in my opinion.

PS: ahaha why not adding italians gesticulating while talking?! :)

PPS: also the pronunciation of the "Th" from "Something" for example, usually italians pronounce it like a "T" = "Someting"

Italy well
    But let adds desert Maps want it !!!!

or Afrika Korps
    e.g:
    Troops only Italian
    Tanks 2 Germany PzIII, PzIII rest Italian
    1 commander with Flak 88 mm
    and one motorbike with MG42
    Italian rest !

MUST DO !!!
    and he must other factions to revamp African uniforms !!!
    and give you additional slots for African skins !!!

3 years ago

@Emperor2000 ha detto:

Italy well
    But let adds desert Maps want it !!!!

or Afrika Korps
    e.g:
    Troops only Italian
    Tanks 2 Germany PzIII, PzIII rest Italian
    1 commander with Flak 88 mm
    and one motorbike with MG42
    Italian rest !

MUST DO !!!
    and he must other factions to revamp African uniforms !!!
    and give you additional slots for African skins !!!

I prefer Italy instead of Afrika Korps as you know ;)

Anyway, yeah, new skins for each army, the famous desert uniforms!
    Italy, Germany, UK and USA fought in Africa, so, just like winter skins are similar to their summer counterparts, also desert skins might be created from the summer uniforms concept, maybe just some german and italian infantry instead of the regular helmet they wore you could change it with a classical colonial helmet for example this could be done for the Bersaglieri, Scout Riflemen, Panzergrenadier, etc!
    Of course also desert skins for vehicles!

Soviets are the main problem, as far as I know, they didn't have desert skins (correct me if i'm wrong about it), but regular skins aren't bad for the desert, that yellow skins the soviets have isn't bad, maybe just changing Penals uniform and maybe removing Guards coat and they'll be OK, of course Soviets will need desert skins.

3 years ago
    Awesome!

Still afraid
    they do not add desert map :(
    because rusákum

they could try mode by Europe at War
    that the Russians would not go into the desert

or I do not know :(
    and then remake Skins
    shorten sleeves, etc.