[OKW] [ALL] Raktenwerfers die too easily to vehicles.

#1
2 years ago

Problem

Raktenwerfers die way too easily to medium tanks and the exact type of units they're supposed to counter. Now if they're flanked by infantry that's fine but I've had Raktenwerfers get one shotted or half the crew dies instantly by T-34/76, Comets, Shermans mostly...at full health.

Solution

Give tanks some sort of accuracy reduction against these things. Volks blobs for AT are gone (for some reason though Bazooka blobs are A-OK though) so OKW really needs these because their early and mid game AT sucks. Also for some reason I've had Raktenwerfers sitting in camouflage with target vehicle on only and they don't fire when stuff is in range. Just a clumsy unit at times.

Comments

  • #2
    2 years ago
    LazarusLazarus Posts: 4,017

    On one hand you're quite right. On the other hand though if you can camo it and move it about it's quite difficult to dislodge the crew.

    Honestly the best solution to this would be all units that aren't the Sherman/Scott get a lot of their AoE splash and accuracy taken off the main gun and get some DPS thrown on to the MGS instead, allowing more consistency with tank damage vs infantry across the board and reducing instant wipes. Otherwise though meh. It's nowhere near as terrible as it used to be and as long as it has camo the Raketen itself can't receive any durability buffs.

  • #3
    2 years ago
    ExtraNapkinsExtraNapk… Posts: 270

    Even if camo were a vet ability. It's quite useless if it doesn't fire automatically when targets are in range. I'd rather have the durability. They seem to die so often it's extremely rare they vet to where they get the bonus damage/penetration.

  • #4
    2 years ago
    KurfürstKurfürst Posts: 289

    Its fine. Its cheap and generally not a problem to buy to. Its weaker to direct fire, but can evade spotty situations better than normal AT with retreat. And generally far better protected against indirect fire with its camo ability.

    By the time mediums arrive, you are supposed to have some armor on your own. You can't just rely on Raks alone.

  • #5
    2 years ago
    RiCERiCE Posts: 1,588

    It can retreat and can be garrisoned in buildings so i think its fine.

  • #6
    2 years ago
    _Aqua__Aqua_ Posts: 1,951

    Camo + Vet1 camo speed is pretty solid defensively. If anything needs to be fixed, its the scatter angle causing it to shoot the ground 3 feet in front of it.

  • #7
    2 years ago

    @ExtraNapkins The Racktenwerfers are fine. They have retreat, homing heat seeking missiles that always seem to penetrate US tanks and they are cheap. Most versatile AT gun in the game.

  • #8
    2 years ago
    VutherVuther Posts: 2,129

    Needs a not-dumb formation that doesn't have its men touch each other's butts and it should be just fine. The camo and ability to retreat fixes up its durability in all the other cases of not being one-shotted. Unfortunately, the latter happens plenty.

  • #9
    2 years ago
    captainjordycaptainjo… Posts: 498
    edited July 2016

    If you garrison it in buildings it fires at a hugely extended range every 4 seconds and is really good defensively. Out of buildings it has invisibility and retreat. I think it's good defensively its issue is out of garrison the rocket keeps hitting the ground in front of it.

    And for your point, yes AT guns in general die way too fast to tanks. Honestly i think all AT gun team need like a 10% received accuracy buff against vehicles.

  • #10
    2 years ago
    MCMartelMCMartel Posts: 1,855

    I think they're pretty good in general, it can retreat, which hguely increase it's durability compared to other AT guns and can garrison, ditto. That plus camoflage and that it's cheap tier 0 means I think it's fine.

  • #11
    2 years ago
    moremegamoremega REDWOOD CITY CA USAPosts: 229

    its a horrible AT weapon, and is pretty much useless unless blobbed, which is a problem. I would rather have a more expensive, and effective option than a garbage AT gun, which forces me to rely more on shreks and tanks.

  • #12
    2 years ago

    @raulmagana121707 said:
    its a horrible AT weapon, and is pretty much useless unless blobbed, which is a problem. I would rather have a more expensive, and effective option than a garbage AT gun, which forces me to rely more on shreks and tanks.

    Yes but using it in buildings/trenches is a very strong tactic. Buffing it a lot would require changing the unit entirely since it's 270 MP (50 mp cheaper than other AT guns) and it comes at T0.

    Sturmpioneers getting panzerschrecks and Volksgrenadiers getting panzerfausts show that OKW definitely isn't lacking in AT firepower, especially early-mid game. At most I think the Raketten could shoot through the ground since it's terrible at shooting against elevation.

  • #13
    2 years ago
    I think Raketen is mostly fine. However, they seem to have problems acquiring targets once set up.
  • #14
    2 years ago

    @captainjordy said:

    @raulmagana121707 said:
    its a horrible AT weapon, and is pretty much useless unless blobbed, which is a problem. I would rather have a more expensive, and effective option than a garbage AT gun, which forces me to rely more on shreks and tanks.

    Yes but using it in buildings/trenches is a very strong tactic. Buffing it a lot would require changing the unit entirely since it's 270 MP (50 mp cheaper than other AT guns) and it comes at T0.

    Sturmpioneers getting panzerschrecks and Volksgrenadiers getting panzerfausts show that OKW definitely isn't lacking in AT firepower, especially early-mid game. At most I think the Raketten could shoot through the ground since it's terrible at shooting against elevation.

    With how many flamethrowing tanks/units Allies have this is a horrible idea putting it in buildings. They die instantly and not all maps of conveniently placed buildings. Plus they have a stupid tendency to shoot at infantry for some stupid reason even if they have vehicles only tabbed.

  • #15
    2 years ago
    whitesky00whitesky00 Posts: 407

    i think the only thing that i notice that needs fixing is allowing "hold fire" while garrisoned. I only want it to target tanks but it shoots at infantry instead.

  • #16
    2 years ago

    @ExtraNapkins said:

    @captainjordy said:

    @raulmagana121707 said:
    its a horrible AT weapon, and is pretty much useless unless blobbed, which is a problem. I would rather have a more expensive, and effective option than a garbage AT gun, which forces me to rely more on shreks and tanks.

    Yes but using it in buildings/trenches is a very strong tactic. Buffing it a lot would require changing the unit entirely since it's 270 MP (50 mp cheaper than other AT guns) and it comes at T0.

    Sturmpioneers getting panzerschrecks and Volksgrenadiers getting panzerfausts show that OKW definitely isn't lacking in AT firepower, especially early-mid game. At most I think the Raketten could shoot through the ground since it's terrible at shooting against elevation.

    With how many flamethrowing tanks/units Allies have this is a horrible idea putting it in buildings. They die instantly and not all maps of conveniently placed buildings. Plus they have a stupid tendency to shoot at infantry for some stupid reason even if they have vehicles only tabbed.

    So if the enemy has flamethrower tanks than you obviously don't want to put it in a building and should rely on tanks to fight them cause the raketten isn't gonna help much against a Churchill or KV-8. It does have a good amount of pen however.

  • #17
    2 years ago
    moremegamoremega REDWOOD CITY CA USAPosts: 229

    @captainjordy said:

    @raulmagana121707 said:
    its a horrible AT weapon, and is pretty much useless unless blobbed, which is a problem. I would rather have a more expensive, and effective option than a garbage AT gun, which forces me to rely more on shreks and tanks.

    Yes but using it in buildings/trenches is a very strong tactic. Buffing it a lot would require changing the unit entirely since it's 270 MP (50 mp cheaper than other AT guns) and it comes at T0.

    Sturmpioneers getting panzerschrecks and Volksgrenadiers getting panzerfausts show that OKW definitely isn't lacking in AT firepower, especially early-mid game. At most I think the Raketten could shoot through the ground since it's terrible at shooting against elevation.

    Well than you must love getting base rapped by allied amour.

  • #18
    2 years ago
    thedarkarmadillothedarkar… Posts: 5,790
    The rakk is great, because of camo you can get the enemy to over commit before hitting him, I use 2 at the same time so that after 1 volley the tank has to run or become scrap. Anything short of a convoy and you should be good.the camo is also great for hunting down katys and scouting the enemy line.
  • #19
    2 years ago
    They should get a toggle to stop them firing at all, like Storms.or Partisans
  • #20
    2 years ago
    whitesky00whitesky00 Posts: 407

    I think there needs to be some sort of accuracy buff. I had 2 rakutens firing at a snared T34-76 and... both missed. I think that's pretty sad because even AT guns wouldn't miss at that close of a range.

  • #21
    2 years ago
    whitesky00whitesky00 Posts: 407

    @PensilBatRation said:

    @whitesky00 said:
    I think there needs to be some sort of accuracy buff. I had 2 rakutens firing at a snared T34-76 and... both missed. I think that's pretty sad because even AT guns wouldn't miss at that close of a range.

    That, plus the aim time which is another issue for this short ranged AT. Didn't relic reduce the aim time around 1 year ago?

    I'm not well-versed on all the technical variables but if that improves the consistency of the rakuten, +1 from me as well.

  • #22
    2 years ago
    MCMartelMCMartel Posts: 1,855

    It needs hold fire button, otherwise it's fine.

  • #23
    2 years ago
    whitesky00whitesky00 Posts: 407

    @MCMartel said:
    It needs hold fire button, otherwise it's fine.

    2 AT dedicated guns firing on a snared t34-76 and missing is NOT fine.

  • #24
    2 years ago
    MCMartelMCMartel Posts: 1,855

    @whitesky00 said:

    @MCMartel said:
    It needs hold fire button, otherwise it's fine.

    2 AT dedicated guns firing on a snared t34-76 and missing is NOT fine.

    That's just RNG, a single anecdotal incedent is not proof of anything. If they did that regularly then that'd be an issue.

  • #25
    2 years ago
    whitesky00whitesky00 Posts: 407

    @MCMartel said:

    @whitesky00 said:

    @MCMartel said:
    It needs hold fire button, otherwise it's fine.

    2 AT dedicated guns firing on a snared t34-76 and missing is NOT fine.

    That's just RNG, a single anecdotal incedent is not proof of anything. If they did that regularly then that'd be an issue.

    Well apparently everyone else disagrees with you on this one because they think it needs all other sorts of buffs. I think accuracy is all that is needed. You can feel free to disagree but I think you're outnumbered on this one.

  • #26
    2 years ago
    thedarkarmadillothedarkar… Posts: 5,790
    Played a game last night where my KT missed 2 shots in a row while stationary. Needs buff because it happened once
  • #27
    2 years ago
    HingieHingie Posts: 1,982
    edited August 2016

    @thedarkarmadillo said:
    Played a game last night where my KT missed 2 shots in a row while stationary. Needs buff because it happened once

    Absolutely. Increase AOE by 400% and make the give the tank Ally-seeking fully automatic misslie launchers... Although, seeing relics past way of patching things, this might be closer to the truth id like to admit...

Sign In or Register to comment.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

  • © SEGA. SEGA, the SEGA logo, Relic Entertainment, the Relic Entertainment logo, Company of Heroes and the Company of Heroes logo are either trademarks or registered trademarks of SEGA Holdings Co., Ltd. or its affiliates. All rights reserved. SEGA is registered in the US Patent and Trademark Office. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.