COH3

2 years ago

What type of game would you like to see? I'd say it's inevitable (in time) and the series is rooted in WW2 I can't see it being named 3 if it weren't WW2. I think a big reason a lot of us play it is because of its historical setting and unit diversity in addition to the twitchy rts nature of it.

I personally would like one that is on a slightly larger scale allowing for more units, type of units, variations of said units etc. Just add and balance more units that have been omitted in COH2 because its role is already filled etc etc. I want there to be many options in terms of rock paper scissors. This anti tank gun is cheaper, lighter and can be reloaded quicker. But this other anti tank gun is opposite but powerful. I truly want the 'light' vehicles in this game to perform their roles in a truer and longer sense. That would require for a bit more realism. One where infantry can't just run up head on with a panzerfaust. Where tanks are affected by where they were hit. This vision is a bit different from the 'arcade' nature of the game and would definitely slow it down. Hmm I guess I'd wanna see firefights be a littler more realistic too in terms of distance and health (compensated by pop cap increase?) I play Red Ochestra 2 and that game is the best in terms WW2 combat. It's great for immersion. That transformed into rts please!

More game-play mechanics such as further development on weather/terrain? A breach and clear mechanic for infantry in buildings?

Agree with my vision, vision is too different from the core current mechanics or something else? Or am I just describing Men of War?

Comments

2 years ago

CoH3 should have weird Nazi occultism, grotesque cybernetic Nazi horrors, chiseled Allied supersoldiers, jetpacks, Landkreuzer tanks and other absolutely insane stuff. Something like the new Wolfenstein.

I'd like that.

2 years ago

@Noitatohtori said:
    CoH3 should have weird Nazi occultism, grotesque cybernetic Nazi horrors, chiseled Allied supersoldiers, jetpacks, Landkreuzer tanks and other absolutely insane stuff. Something like the new Wolfenstein.

I'd like that.

Maybe as a one off dlc...ala blood dragon in Far Cry 3

2 years ago

@nachocheese said:

@Noitatohtori said:

I'd like that.

That would be exactly what many people wish could be done with mods, but sadly we cant do that.

yet, I hope

2 years ago
    WunderKatzeWunderKat… Posts: 702
    edited August 2016

I just want cooler unit models. Like the GIs from Band of Brothers, The Pacific and Saving Private Ryan.

Most of the current unit models are kind of strange.

@Noitatohtori said:

You're describing WarHammer 40k.

To bad they turned down the dust, blood and grit for the new DoW and turned up the glaring neon particles and hero cheese.

2 years ago
    _Aqua__Aqua_ Posts: 1,951

Three things I want to see return from CoH1: sidetech, branched doctrines and Tales of Valor style replacement units.

In my opinion, the earlier years of the war would be really interesting to work with. You've got the obvious faction choice of DaK and Desert Rats, which would both have units and variants we haven't seen in the series before as well as mixing up the traditional "defensive Axis, aggressive Allies" base factions in CoH1 and 2.

It would also give a lot of interesting additional factions to work with like France (Free or Vichy), early Soviets, Fins, etc. that we haven't seen yet.

2 years ago
    @WunderKatze

Nah, WH40k is space fantasy, which makes it an entirely different beast than a WW2-era weird science/pulp game like Wolfenstein or something.
    2 years ago
    @Noitatohtori Fair enough.
    2 years ago
    BigBearBigBear Posts: 94

I would like to see a World in Conflict like setting with Company of Heroes game play elements of course.

2 years ago

I secretly wish that Relic just spend more time polishing coh2

2 years ago
    vadervader Posts: 1

First of all sorry about my English…
    I play with my friends COH 1 with Americans, British, Wermacht Units and Panzer Elite.
    We think (my friends and me) this COH is the best.
    So I decide to write a wish:
    You must create COH 3 based COH 1 and add Japanese and Italy in axes and Soviets in and France in Allied. Always based in COH 1 and not in COH 2.
    Think Command Doctrines for Japanese something like Kamikaze.
    Think Command Doctrines for French something like resistance
    Also you must think ships … (think a battleship: US vs JPN in pacific)
    But all this game must be based in COH 1 and not in COH 2.
    THNX!

2 years ago
    KothreKothre Posts: 86

I'd actually like to see CoH 3 move out of WW2. Back when CoH 2 first came out, Quinn Duffy said "CoH is not a WW2 game. It's a CoH game." So it's a possibility. Personally, I think it would be quite cool to see a Cold War-gone-hot scenario, perhaps during the 1980s.

2 years ago
    moremegamoremega REDWOOD CITY CA USAPosts: 229
    edited August 2016

@Kothre said:
    I'd actually like to see CoH 3 move out of WW2. Back when CoH 2 first came out, Quinn Duffy said "CoH is not a WW2 game. It's a CoH game." So it's a possibility. Personally, I think it would be quite cool to see a Cold War-gone-hot scenario, perhaps during the 1980s.

No way!!! It will end up in the future like Call of Duty, and we all know how much of a disaster that franchise has become with infinite warfare. I want COH to stick to historically factual wars, not made up garbage.

When they make COH3 it NEEDS to set the standard for RTS graphics, which in general are all pretty bad. I want to see photo realistic environments and units. The combat engagements must feel real and engaging, so relic will need to be very creative and innovative for me to switch over. The key to making a great video game lies within expanding on all the previous strengths, stamping out the weaknesses, and putting lots of time and love into the details. That will make COH3 the best RTS game of all time.

2 years ago
    PedroPedro Posts: 63

@raulmagana121707 said:

@Kothre said:

No way!!! It will end up in the future like Call of Duty, and we all know how much of a disaster that franchise has become with infinite warfare. I want COH to stick to historically factual wars, not made up garbage.

When they make COH3 it NEEDS to set the standard for RTS graphics, which in general are all pretty bad. I want to see photo realistic environments and units. The combat engagements must feel real and engaging, so relic will need to be very creative and innovative for me to switch over. The key to making a great video game lies within expanding on all the previous strengths, stamping out the weaknesses, and putting lots of time and love into the details. That will make COH3 the best RTS game of all time.

Yeah dream on...
    The graphics of coh2 are good, it doesn't have to be improved. Wanna see better graphics? go play fpp or tpp. Even now there are often ppl online that don't have enough power in their pc to handle coh2 - so others have to wait for them with loading into a battle. What is most important are balance issues and better account development in multiplayer (the one from company of heroes online was great)

2 years ago
    thedarkarmadillothedarkar… Posts: 5,789
    I want coh3 to be more focused on tactics. I want marching an army across an open field vs an entrenched defence to be less rewarding for the attacker. I want an AA system that makes sense,I want side armour and separate speeds for reverse. I want all weapons to have a more organic effect (my con squad armed with a panzershrek and ptrs is moving as fast as the guys pushing an at gun who is moving as fast as those medics armed with nothing but pistols. I want teching up to effect the match more (western armies have done an alright job of this) I want choices...
    2 years ago

@thedarkarmadillo said:
    I want coh3 to be more focused on tactics. I want marching an army across an open field vs an entrenched defence to be less rewarding for the attacker. I want an AA system that makes sense,I want side armour and separate speeds for reverse. I want all weapons to have a more organic effect (my con squad armed with a panzershrek and ptrs is moving as fast as the guys pushing an at gun who is moving as fast as those medics armed with nothing but pistols. I want teching up to effect the match more (western armies have done an alright job of this) I want choices...

Yes nuanced small things like this.

@Pedro said:

@raulmagana121707 said:

@Kothre said:

Yeah dream on...
    The graphics of coh2 are good, it doesn't have to be improved. Wanna see better graphics? go play fpp or tpp. Even now there are often ppl online that don't have enough power in their pc to handle coh2 - so others have to wait for them with loading into a battle. What is most important are balance issues and better account development in multiplayer (the one from company of heroes online was great)

COH2 is quite a good looking game. But people can't run it at max because it is very poorly optimized.

2 years ago
    BaálthazorBaálthazor The shoreline by the river Styx.Posts: 1,092
    @SquishyMuffin
    That's got more to do with the absolutely atrocious coding, which a 9-year old astmatic kid could do better. :*
    2 years ago

I'd like to see some alternative history, but without that crazy stuff like nazi robots, plasma guns and jet packs.

Something like if Japan actually attacked USSR which forced Soviets to fight at two fronts, which resulted the WW2 to last much longer. So CoH3 is set in around 1947/1948, based on Western, Eastern, Far Eastern and Pacific fronts. All armies get new advanced prototype units (think of World of Tanks, War Thunder and stuff from mods for Men of War): E-100, Waffenträger E-100, Panther II for Germans, etc.

The factions would be: Germany (no matter if divided like in CoH2, or just a simple Wehrmacht), Red Army, USF, UKF, Japan Forces, US Marines.

Germans must stay pretty much how they are now with lots of expensive elite infantry and tanks;

Same goes for Red army: big amounts of decent cheap infantry and vehicles supported by elites;

USF should be jack of all trades army with an emphasis on flanking and dealing high burst damage (would be nice to see tanks with auto-loaders like T57 or something of the sort);

UKF is a defensive factions that relies heavily on massive coordinated attacks, artillery and high-caliber weapons;

Japan would rely on stealth, ambushes and hit-and-run tactics, supported by weird huge low-armored heavy tanks with high caliber guns (some of them even had naval cannons);

US Marines will be a very agressive faction with lots of close-range weapons (shotguns, SMGs, flamethrowers, etc), as well will rely heavily on air strikes and amphibious units.

Gameplay wise I'd like to see: bigger maps, water that can be crossed by amphibious units, more pop-cap, addition of new strategic points (think of something like Relic points from DoW I that allow you to build super units), side armor, improved pathfinding, improved veterancy system as well as improved squad bunching. Graphics wise I am totally fine with CoH 2 looks.

2 years ago
    LeopardiLeopardi Posts: 58

I want Finland.

2 years ago
    BaálthazorBaálthazor The shoreline by the river Styx.Posts: 1,092

I want a showdown between mechanized Hitler and cyborg Roosevelt. Add in steroid Stalin for lulz.

2 years ago

Personally I wouldn't want an alternate history but I see its appeal and freshness. What about the actual gameplay? The mechanics? The same kinda jump from coh1 to coh2 (as in, small but noticeable 'improvements') or something different.

2 years ago
    DespeDespe Posts: 9

Stronger Commander themes like in CoH1 and CoHO would be awesome (or at least the ability to construct your own commanders):

2 years ago
    moremegamoremega REDWOOD CITY CA USAPosts: 229
    edited August 2016

@SquishyMuffin said:

@thedarkarmadillo said:

Yes nuanced small things like this.

@Pedro said:

@raulmagana121707 said:

@Kothre said:

Yeah dream on...

COH2 is quite a good looking game. But people can't run it at max because it is very poorly optimized.

I have the game on max settings and I think relic can do a lot better with the technology that's out now.

2 years ago
    mrgame2mrgame2 Posts: 496

I can run at max settings beside minimal AA, 1440p.
    980Ti, 6C12T CPU.

For Coh3, i hope for more data processing, make use of 4C8T cpu we have today..
    I want elite armor back.
    I want side armor for vehicles.
    I want stats penalty for blobbing infantry.
    I want full destructibility, it is so odd in Coh2 i cannot destroy certain trees or structures.
    I want ground deformation cover.
    I want weather back. Crap Coh1 had rain and thunder lol.

Seriously Relic make use of the 4 cores CPU, 16GB ram, 4GB VRAM today.
    Coh2 was at best a mid-gen upgrade from Coh1.

2 years ago

@PensilBatRation said:
    Another idea; CoH3 could be developed using the Frostbite 3 Engine!

Great for destruction ala battlefield!

2 years ago
    SvNSvN Posts: 4

The game needs a german campaign, that would give a ton of stuff to create. There are so many german invasions and yet we always have to play the same stuff about what happened after D-day. there is more of WW2 than 1944-1945.
    I would like to play COH about the years of the real WW2 1939-.

• Invasion of Poland
    • Invasion of Norway
    • Invasion of France (this most of all)
    • Invasion of Greece
    • Africa campaigns
    • Operation Barbarossa and the eastern front 1941-> German point of view.

I'm sick of playing WW2 games where the wehrmacht is on the retreat or defensive when they during most of the war were a strong and fast offensive force.

If I see another WW2 game about US I'm going to vomit.

2 years ago
    GrenadierIT19Grenadier… ItalyPosts: 575
    edited August 2016

Personally, I don't think that CoH2 should stop here because, it's one of my favourite games and i like those 5 factions but i really hope there will be more in the future.

I think that CoH2 isn't what Quinn said: a WW2 platform, at the moment we have Eastern and Western Fronts

There's also the Mediterranean which is very important and allies really made big efforts to win there, from 1940 to 1945 fighting through Africa (North and East), Balkans and Italy, this could be the good way to implement the Italians in this game.

Of course i wouldn't leave aside the Pacific, my idea was two factions: Japan and Commonwealth Nations (canada, australia, new zealand, south africa, india, ...)

Or if Pacific isn't going to be added or simply can't be added, I would choose Commonwealth Nations and an axis faction like Hungary, Romania or Finland, i don't like adding those 3 nations together in a mega faction but I wouldn't leave no one alone and 8 factions could be a bit hard to balance.

PS: for the campaigns:

• UKF campaign: from Overlord to the crossing of the Rhine
    • Commonwealth Nations: battles from North Africa to Northern Italy
    2 years ago
    hallashallas Posts: 7
    edited September 2016

Disclaimer: I've wrote this post like a week ago and by some weird forum script it appeared today when I've tried to write something new... so it's a bit outdated.

Hmm... Wargame: European Escalation is the name of the game. Not WW2 but bigger, slower, greater units range and LOS...

The thing is: CoH2 is not so different than CoH1. Truesight, jumping the fences, offmap reinforcements, cold tech (disabled in automatch?) and commanders system. The rest are cosmetic changes or things aimed towards community (mods etc.).

Mechanically: we have no hand to hand combat but I would not expect it. It Would change CoH into Dawn of War. CoH somewhat forgets about tank crews. Sometimes it was about killing the crew rather than destroying the tank with big booom. But the range of CoH battles and paper-scisors-stone idea really does not support this approach.

Setting: There are two theatres of operations of WW2 that are not included in the game: Mediterranean with Germany, Italy, USA and Brits as major players and Pacific with USA, Japan, Brits, USSR and China as major forces. Pacific is interesting because it could use some naval (but... I doubt it) and melee units (Japanese infiltration unit with swords).

Rules: we can see change in basic multiplayer mode. Total base building removal, why not? Dynamic entry and retreat points for units (we saw this in the Soviet campaign)...

Campaign: here there is a field to do interesting things. Last CoH campaign was quite refreshing - number of units to reinforce as a limited resource to the whole campaign. Still waiting for dynamic campaign elaborating more about this idea of different companies with limited amount of soldiers.

To sum it up: gamers like to play games they know so no big changes especially in the multi. My propositions could be hard to accept for some players... But we still have like 2 years of support for CoH2, maybe Mediterranean will be the name of next DLC series - one new army Germano-Italian and one new campaign + new commanders + maps...