[OKW][ALL] Zeroing Artillery is Way Too Expensive

3 years ago

I feel that it's too expensive for the job it does. Artillery will ramp up so long as the enemy is in sight.

I think this is no more than a super expensive 'force retreat' button. It's inferior to sector artillery (which is cheaper) and will only do some damage if your opponent is stupid enough to sit around to watch the fireworks. It also takes around 10 seconds to hit so plenty of time to reverse your tanks 10ft or retreat your weapon teams, hell you could even walk them out of the way as it's a fairly small radius for the price.

At 300 munitions it's way overpriced. To fix I suggest lowering to 200/220; alternatively make it sector artillery without the smoke and still require sight.

Thoughts?

Comments

3 years ago

If you have 300 muns saved up as OKW then you are just trolling your opponent(s). I mean the strategic bombing annihilates everything so I agree it's a bit overpriced and the bombing commander is on a really good one in the commando one. So yeah.

3 years ago

Yes @ExtraNapkins if you're flaoting that much muni then you're either winning drastically or losing pathetically because you havn't spent a dime on upgrades. This is another reason why the price needs to be lowered as using that arty at that price is just a huge waste of precious OKW resources

3 years ago

I have no opinion about the ability in multiplayer, but I would like to point out that expert computers will absolutely destroy everything you know and love with Zeroing Artillery. I have lost many games just because they spammed it so relentlessly.

Not saying that what you all are saying is invalid, just that it is ridiculously potent in the hands of the AI. Which I believe should be taken into account.

3 years ago
    LazarusLazarus Posts: 4,032
    I believe thats due to the massive resource boost and map hax the AI gets on expert
    3 years ago

@Lazarus said:
    I believe thats due to the massive resource boost and map hax the AI gets on expert

That would make sense seeing as you have to maintain visibility through the entire barrage for it to be effective (aka send in a kamikaze squad)