[UKF] Re-add the different mortar shells for the Mortar pit.

2 years ago

The mortar pit has stats for:
Light HE
Heavy HE
WP
Smoke
Why were these removed? OKW and Ost players probably thought it was too OP. Which is regional word for male genitalia that I'm not sure I'm allowed to say on these forums. Surely a 400mp sationary structure should get something that makes it more versatile and increases it role in supporting units? Because many of other indirect fire units get stuff like this, like the Pack (HEAT, WP), and 250 mortar (Incendiary) with vet.
Also the 25Ibers have stats for flares and smoke barrages, these should be re-added as well to help when the British goes on the offensive.

Comments

2 years ago

I might make a bigger post later addressing everything wrong with the Royal Artillery. I don't care if it's spamming or not, this need addressed now.

2 years ago
    _Aqua__Aqua_ Posts: 1,951
    edited December 2016

WP sort of makes sense to scrap because of how hard it counters team weapons that should counter the pit, but the original Light/Heavy design made sense. Not really sure why it was scrapped.

2 years ago

Aqua said:
    WP sort of makes sense to scrap because of how hard it counters team weapons that should counter the pit, but the original Light/Heavy design made sense. Not really sure why it was scrapped.

I think the WP came down with a normal barrage after a vet up or two.

2 years ago
    I never got to try the multiple shells due to my rig being down during the beta but.thiught it sounded awesome. No clue why it was scrapped
    2 years ago
    LazarusLazarus Posts: 4,017
    Knowing Brits if I had to hazard a guess Id say it was bugged in some way - like Bofors crews
    2 years ago
    HingieHingie Posts: 1,982
    Well, I would wager that the Pit already borders on the op end of the scale for being more durable than a medium tank in HP and having a temporary immunity button. Heavy or WP shells being fired would give it even more power potential. Not really sure any of the emplacements need more power.
    2 years ago

I loved the shell toggle. Light shells obviously had better range, the HE ones had shorter. Added some actual strategy to using it as opposed to just an auto-firing monster