(All modes) Axis Demolition Charge Vote

124»

Comments

3 years ago
    BigBearBigBear Posts: 94
    edited February 2017
    No, Axis forces should NOT have access to demolition charges.

Wow it's 50-50 now, didn't think this would be so controversial...I prefer to keep the asymmetrical faction design, otherwise why not give each side the same weapons? The demo is unique to allies, and I think having to adapt to different strategies for each faction is one of core things that makes this game different (and fun) from other rts's. It's very fagile but easy to counter, and axis has enough weapons to deal with blobs already.

I'd rather see a buffed Ostwind and Brumbarr to deal with late game blobbling.

3 years ago
    What i like about coh and dow is the fact that factions differ greatly from eachother with different tools. and that some matchups favor one faction but beating those odds is extra rewarding, why must everything be made simaler or dumbed down?

Axis dont need the demo, they already have their own unique abilities.
    3 years ago
    SkysTheLimitSkysTheLi… Posts: 2,271
    edited February 2017

Aqua said:
    I guess. I'm kind of on the fence since I'm just not a big fan of click to wipe in general, even if the demo is probably the wiper with the best defined counters. What about a middle ground? Damage to ~40-50 to infantry rather than a death crit, cost is brought down to ~60ish, but it spawns a big-ass pool of fire instead?

To me the cost justifies it's wipe chance. Especially after the next patch's spacing changes, I think the wipes are only gonna go down further.

@BigBear said:
    Wow it's 50-50 now, didn't think this would be so controversial...

Far fewer "Yes" voters have contributed to the thread. If you scroll through the posts there's way more blue squares than red. I agree that there's nothing wrong with this piece of the asymmetry.

CEs are the worst engineers. Pios aren't far behind, but at least they can spot, have a great AT mine, and can help fortify a position with s-mines and bunkers. The only thing CEs have that Pios don't is the Demo. Tellers can lose you a tank, Demos can lose you a squad. Seems just fine to me.

3 years ago

@SkysTheLimit said:

Far fewer "Yes" voters have contributed to the thread. If you scroll through the posts there's way more blue squares than red. I agree that there's nothing wrong with this piece of the asymmetry.

CEs are the worst engineers. Pios aren't far behind, but at least they can spot, have a great AT mine, and can help fortify a position with s-mines and bunkers. The only thing CEs have that Pios don't is the Demo. Tellers can lose you a tank, Demos can lose you a squad. Seems just fine to me.

I think that has to do with the only real reasoning seems to be, Allies have it so that is why axis need it to. The unique stuff of the axis factions in this regard seem to be left out of the discussion.

3 years ago
    moremegamoremega REDWOOD CITY CA USAPosts: 229

ya i realy don't think it makes sense to give OKW a demo charge b/c it would make the goalith almost worthless.