STILL LAGGING ALL THE TIME FOR NO APPARENT REASON

2 years ago

Just about half of my matches have this non stop lag. Countless times it has been shrugged off as not being a 'Relic problem'. But if it is not, there must be something you can do to refine the underlying cause of the constant lag? Often it gets so bad I am unable to play, leading me to have to quit or play like a noob. I have had this issue for around 1 to 2 years, and have even changed internet providers since then.

Some might be quick to say it's your internet or hardware, but as shown in the following photos that's unlikely to be it.

Hardware includes: Nvidia GTX 1060, 32 GB of RAM, intel core i5-4690 3.5 GHz, MAximus Ranger 8 motherboard...

Please find a solution for this because it is extremely annoying for someone who loves to play Coh2.

Comments

2 years ago
    dukejasondukejason Posts: 1,382 mod

What about packet loss? http://www.pingtest.net/

Post your results. I play 4 vs 4 all the time with no lag.

2 years ago
    _Brummbar__Brummbar_ Posts: 38
    edited February 2017

@dukejason said:
    What about packet loss? http://www.pingtest.net/

Post your results. I play 4 vs 4 all the time with no lag.

I do not have a use for java so I do not have it installed, this means I couldn't do the test above, BUT:

after running a ping test command in cmd, I recieved a result of 0%

2 years ago

Have you updated all drivers?

2 years ago
    mintyminty Huntington BeachPosts: 19

If you are the only one experiencing the lag then it has to be on your end.

2 years ago

@dukejason said:
    Have you updated all drivers?

Windows reports all up to date, just going to update GeForce drivers (I last updated around January)
    Will see if there are any newer versions available for my dongle but I think not.

2 years ago

There is a new version.

2 years ago

Ok, I went directly through the official ASUS WLAN control centre to check for updates, and yes in fact there were new drivers available. This has fixed the problem, not a single instance of lag since, around 4 days ago. Thanks!

2 years ago

glad to hear,if you ever have an issue again stop back in.