Leavers = cancer

2 years ago

Like in the title - it's a plague especially lately.
There must be sth done. 90% of the games ppl are leaving nowadays.
When u have to wait this long for a battle it's a really bad thing. For rest battle is bg 99% of the time, not to mention usualy other ppl will leave.

There must be some penalty like ban, for example:
-1st leave/drop nothing (may be connection issue)
-2nd leave/drop 1hr ban
-3rd leave/drop 12h ban
(leaves/drops during 24h period or sth)
! This is just a proposal !

We can't let some ppl ruin fun for others.
If i see noob in my team i don't quit - I don't have to win every time ffs. What's wrong with these ppl?

Comments

2 years ago
    EvanielEvaniel Posts: 73

He's right, you know... points up

2 years ago

Hmmmm.

Evolve used to do something like this, and it was just f*cking annoying. If you have a temperamental connection then you could get severely penalised for something that wasn't your fault.

I think they should fix it by increasing the skill of the AI.

Also! A vote kick option should be implemented. If you only have 1 ally then you should be able to kick allies who are idle, or cause a heavy amount of team damage.

2 years ago
    PedroPedro Posts: 63

@DownWithTheKing said:
    Hmmmm.

Evolve used to do something like this, and it was just f*cking annoying. If you have a temperamental connection then you could get severely penalised for something that wasn't your fault.

I think they should fix it by increasing the skill of the AI.

Also! A vote kick option should be implemented. If you only have 1 ally then you should be able to kick allies who are idle, or cause a heavy amount of team damage.

If there would be "vote option" - it could be abused by some flaming players.
    Still for system it would be easy to check if player is AFK (no movement etc) so after one minute or sth it should automatically remove that kind of player.

There must be sth done...

2 years ago

Two games in a row... Something has to be done. Other games do it fine.

2 years ago
    BaálthazorBaálthazor The shoreline by the river Styx.Posts: 1,092
    edited August 2016

I dont play team games myself, but I can certainly relate to the issue at hand.

Maybe an "Aftermatch" voting-system?
    So when the match is over, you get to vote on your partner(s) based on.., I dunno?.., a 1-10 rating system, 1 being an a$$hat and 10 being the best partner(s) you ever had.
    This would be done after the match and only for random partners in automatch, to prevent friends upvoting themselves infintely.
    Then if you hit a certain threshold.., say.., 100 points?, you'd be locked out from team games for a certain amount of time...

I dunno, Im really just spitballing here and besides, team games arent even my kind of scene...

2 years ago
    Der_Nate_KerlDer_Nate_… United States - State of PennsylvaniaPosts: 1
    edited August 2016

It can be bad in any matches, but 3v3 and 4v4 are terrible.

Seriously, weekends particularly, I'd say 4 out of 5 games I join, someone will quit within the first 5 minutes of gameplay, and cause the rest of their team to drop. This leaves our victory mute, with no points, and even worse - with no penalty from stopping the "leavers" from doing it again and again.

Pedro is on to something. Surrendering is one thing (especially due to it requiring a vote and have time constraints), but early quitting has caused my greatest frustration with, what I consider otherwise, a fantastic game.

There should be a penalty to "game quitters" like a 30 minute+ ban from game searching or something.

2 years ago

i totally agree with this, something must be done

2 years ago

its not a problem as of lately, it always was.

though, i actually dont see it too often unless someone loses hard.

2 years ago

its like that with any online game. you just have to realize that many players dont take games seriously and dont care about quitting or rank or experience ect. i never quit a game i start unless theres a legitimate reason to do it. some developers have gone so far as to ban people for 24hrs after quitting a game 3 times in a certain time period. thats not the answer because some people have their game crash or have rural internet or its just some casual player who may be a kid whos mom just said get off the game ect. there not much that can be done except to play with an arranged team. theres a game on PSN right now that does the 3strikes 24hr ban and i wouldnt buy a game like that knowing that it has that built into the system. that game takes an average of 2hrs to play i read and who knows what can happen when you have a family and real life to attend to, crashing, or internet issues.

2 years ago
    mintyminty Huntington BeachPosts: 19

I think a player rating system would be more fair. Sometimes your teammate flames you then leaves and other times they leave for seemingly no reason. If a player rating system were implemented players with bad internet connection would still get punished but not as severely while the immature players get all that they deserve. This system would also allow players to reward other players who are excellent teammates or opponents. I love players who offer advice and have a friendly demeanor even though our faces are getting smashed and I feel they deserve a little something extra for it.

2 years ago
    Hilltop_SniperHilltop_S… Posts: 2
    edited April 2017

I haven't experienced any leavers in my time playing the game, but I have heard from my friends that they are very annoying. I can definitely see leavers ruining a match.

2 years ago

It can be done both by after-match voting/ ranking players and by the level of how often you leave. If you stay to the end and leave ocasionally you should be in a lets say better players basket. We should have decent ranking system, its startegy game, we are elite of gamers :)

1 year ago
    KuhlmannKuhlmann Posts: 9

Yeah cause player skill is even in 3v3 and 4v4. Especialy when teammates goes in their corners and your left to fight 1v2.
    I quit right away if that happens.
    Or like in urban maps where 3 soviets goes penals only and loses to wehrmacts mgs and the game is over before it even started.
    And and the list goes on.

The 3v3 and 4v4 que is max 5 mins, unless you fotm axis which ratio is 90% axis 10% allies right now.
    So stop whining.