[UKF] brits OP

2 years ago
MakcumMakcum Posts: 75
edited April 2017 in Balance Feedback

Problem: Brits OP at all:
1. They have mg at start
2. Bofors appears in very early game (i am not have time to build car with flak by OKW, they already built bofors, it means that this building destroys all mid game)
3. Bofors too cheap (280mp and 30fuel too cheap for building that requiers too destroy or panther or legh: first means that i will destroy it in late game, when i will have 320 fuel and second - that i will waste near of 1000mp and lose in infantry. Also it lets spam bofors)
3. Brit's infantry like ober-soldaten with brens
4. 17-pounder not requieres doctrine, pak 43 do
5. British antiaircraft shoots down planes very fast, german dont
6. British flamethrower car needs 30 fuel, wehrmacht - 90 fuel
7. Comet havent any lack
8. Brit's infantry like ober-soldaten with brens
Solution:
1. Need increase cost of bofors
2. Nerf infantry's accuracy
3. Nerf bren's damage and accuracy
4. Nerf comet
5. Highly Increase cost of all upgrades
6. Do grenade timer 1.2 but not 1.0

Tagged:

Comments

2 years ago
    KatitofKatitof Posts: 6,641

1) So does wehr, apparently wehr OP too, right?
    2) Which is used only by noobs.
    3) Again, noob only problem.
    4) Different factions, different stock and doctrinal units, 17 pounder is NOT the same thing as pak43.
    5) You should use Ostwind then, not pintle MG on P4.
    6) Go in game, do some fact check.
    7) Read patch notes for upcoming meta patch.

2 years ago
    edited April 2017

@Katitof написал:
    1) So does wehr, apparently wehr OP too, right?
    2) Which is used only by noobs.
    3) Again, noob only problem.
    4) Different factions, different stock and doctrinal units, 17 pounder is NOT the same thing as pak43.
    5) You should use Ostwind then, not pintle MG on P4.
    6) Go in game, do some fact check.
    7) Read patch notes for upcoming meta patch.

1) Everyone complains that brits weak in early game, but they have mg at start
    2,3) Its too expensive to destroy him by OKW
    4) Fact that pak 43 doctrinal - very complicates to use it
    5) I mean OKW buildings
    6) I checked it

2 years ago
    edited April 2017

1) Irrelevant, its just MG.
    2,3) There is this thing called ISG.
    4) Irrelevant.
    5) Why FREE AA would be better then 100 fu vehicle?
    6) Now compare mobility, firepower and durability. And your values are still incorrect.

2 years ago

@Katitof написал:
    1) Irrelevant, its just MG.
    2,3) There is this thing called ISG.
    4) Irrelevant.
    5) Why FREE AA would be better then 100 fu vehicle?
    6) Now compare mobility, firepower and durability. And your values are still incorrect.

5) OKW building costs 120 fuel
    6) Wehrmacht also need 90 muni
    What do you thing about 8) point?

2 years ago

That's still -only- a tier, you pay a grand total of zero for the gun on it.
    WASP upgrade is 90 muni too you know and its much weaker.
    Brits infantry scales, yes, it also requires a hefty investment of fuel, menpower and muni to get them to that state and still a single HMG 42/35 stops them.

2 years ago
    edited April 2017

@Katitof написал:
    That's still -only- a tier, you pay a grand total of zero for the gun on it.
    WASP upgrade is 90 muni too you know and its much weaker.
    Brits infantry scales, yes, it also requires a hefty investment of fuel, menpower and muni to get them to that state and still a single HMG 42/35 stops them.

But americana also need pay for upgrade but they are not OP. And brits pay too cheap for improvement that they have

2 years ago

USF upgrades are cheaper.

And they were OP, that's why they got nerfed with recent patch.

2 years ago
    edited April 2017

@Katitof написал:
    USF upgrades are cheaper.

And they were OP, that's why they got nerfed with recent patch.

Upgrade for brens have same cost as american for BAR. Also need nerf british bren. Upgrade for 5 infantry squad doesnt need to be OP, them enough brens

2 years ago
    edited April 2017

You do know though 2 brens add ~8 long range DPS to the squad and 1 LMG42 adds ~7?
    You basically pay twice the muni to have about the same additional DPS.

For the cost, on tommies, Brens are actually underpowered compared to LMG42, so return on investment isn't big here compared to LMG42, BAR or M1919.

edit: wanted to slap you my most recent game as a proof, but apparently observing games overwrites last game played...

2 years ago

@Katitof написал:
    You do know though 2 brens add ~8 long range DPS to the squad and 1 LMG42 adds ~7?
    You basically pay twitch the muni to have about the same additional DPS.

For the cost, on tommies, Brens are actually underpowered.

But brens wins by accuracy, so they kill mg in suppression

2 years ago

No, they don't, unless you're against 4 fully upgraded squad while you sit in red cover yourself.

2 years ago
    edited April 2017

@Katitof написал:
    No, they don't, unless you're against 4 fully upgraded squad while you sit in red cover yourself.

But in accuracy they really wins and it need nerf

2 years ago

@Makcum said:

@Katitof написал:

No, they don't, DPS is Damage Per Second, it includes all variables, accuracy as well.
    On top of that, Tommies have one of THE lowest accuracy vet bonus in game at 20%. Grenadiers have in comparison 40%.

2 years ago
    VipperVipper Posts: 3,723
    edited April 2017

The number for DPS Tommie are off:
    Grenadier:
    4Xk98 =______23.05__20.30__17.50__15.28__13.49__12.00__10.39__9.05
    3K98+LMG =__23.61__22.19__20.69__19.56__18.69__17.99__17.06__16.00

Tommies:
    4XEnfield =____19.10__18.38__17.07__15.90__14.87__13.94__12.68__ 11.57
    2XEn+2XBren =_18.18__19.03__19.57__20.17__20.81__21.47__21.77__ 21.63
    Bren almost doubles the far DPS of Tommie squad adding 10+ DPs.

2 years ago

@Katitof написал:

@Makcum said:

@Katitof написал:

No, they don't, DPS is Damage Per Second, it includes all variables, accuracy as well.
    On top of that, Tommies have one of THE lowest accuracy vet bonus in game at 20%. Grenadiers have in comparison 40%.

But then why they kill my sturmpioners by one second?

2 years ago
    SpadelayzerSpadelayz… Posts: 2
    edited April 2017

[removed]

2 years ago

@Makcum said:

@Katitof написал:

@Makcum said:

@Katitof написал:

They don't. its 16 seconds for the whole squad, 4 seconds per model on average.

@Vipper true, we have 76% dps increase for 60 muni LMG and 86% dps increase for 120 muni dual bren, which goes down to 69% increase if you have 5 man squads.

DPS increase compared to base values and the cost is anything but OP here.

2 years ago
    VipperVipper Posts: 3,723
    edited April 2017

5 men tommies with 2 brens have slightly less DPS far then Obers with LMG that does make them OP.

tpmmy DPS rang 30 35
    3 Enfield +2 Bren =__24.94__24.53

Obers LMg
    3 K98+ 1 M34 =__27.45__25.93

2 years ago
    edited April 2017

@Katitof написал:

@Makcum said:

@Katitof написал:

@Makcum said:

@Katitof написал:

@Vipper true, we have 76% dps increase for 60 muni LMG and 86% dps increase for 120 muni dual bren, which goes down to 69% increase if you have 5 man squads.

I really cant play against british infantry that with two squads and two bulletins kill my sturmpioners by one second

2 years ago
    edited April 2017
    Just try to play British infantry, while you have two bulletins: 3% accuracy and 2% reload time and 2% increase in the rate of fire. And you will feel that British infantry Op with brens
    2 years ago

@Makcum said:

@Katitof написал:

@Makcum said:

@Katitof написал:

@Makcum said:

@Katitof написал:

I really cant play against british infantry that with two squads and two bulletins kill my sturmpioners by one second

As I have said, you need HMG.
    Volks are more then enough for early game, even kubel is very efficient, but when upgrades start to pop, you need your own upgrades as well as HMGs.

Plus, why are you rushing single spios against 2 squads of fully upgraded tommies? If the outcome would be anything else then murdered spios, brits would need buffs.
    Where is rest of your infantry? What are they doing?
    OKW can easily outnumber UKF, so why aren't you using that advantage?

You can even post one of your games you struggle in and people around will tell you what you did wrong and how to improve.

There are issues with brits, but these issues are with their tanks, not infantry.

2 years ago
    BeardedragonBeardedra… Posts: 1,495

i love threads where people write (insert faction) OP!

you already know its probably not going to be worth even looking in to.

2 years ago
    MeowMeow Posts: 165

@Makcum said:

@Katitof написал:

@Makcum said:

@Katitof написал:

@Makcum said:

@Katitof написал:

@Makcum said:

@Katitof написал:

Volks are more then enough for early game, even kubel is very efficient, but when upgrades start to pop, you need your own upgrades as well as HMGs.

Plus, why are you rushing single spios against 2 squads of fully upgraded tommies? If the outcome would be anything else then murdered spios, brits would need buffs.

You can even post one of your games you struggle in and people around will tell you what you did wrong and how to improve.

There are issues with brits, but these issues are with their tanks, not infantry.

I dont rush single pios, brits just kill most of them before they come on short distantion. And with brens and bulletins they can rush better than sturmpioneers, when i surround brit's mg they just go inside conus and kill my mg before it supressed them. For defensive faction its not normally

Bulletins are psychological trick they add almost no benefits to your units.

2 years ago

@Katitof написал:

@Makcum said:

@Katitof написал:

@Makcum said:

@Katitof написал:

@Makcum said:

@Katitof написал:

I dont rush single sturmpioneers, but with 3 squads most of them will be dead. And british can rush better than sturmpios with brens and bulletins: when i surround mg they can just go inside conus and kill him. I think, its not normally for defensive faction

2 years ago
    MCMartelMCMartel Posts: 1,855

This is a joke right? I hope this thread is a joke.

2 years ago
    Of course some things are OP. Why not give Bofors same stats as Ostwind? Nerf the accuracy of British PaK to normal level? Remove the hole weapon upgrade-boxes and give them same upgrade as Ostheer for ONE Bren. Nerf the autofire-range of mortar emplacement. Etc.

^^
    2 years ago
    And buff everthing that is up atm? 17pounder popcap. Uc. Base howi with pirotechnic supplys. Sexton. valentine. Churchill. Penalties for sections lets remove that cuz only one bren is available.

Lol.
    2 years ago
    SkysTheLimitSkysTheLi… Posts: 2,268

@Meow said:

Very untrue in some cases. Many bulletins are miniscule, but just about all of the veterancy bonuses make a very big difference. Aside from the Captain veterancy bulletin, they're all 10% which is nothing to joke about. The rifleman one for the US is very helpful, as it speeds up unlocking your snares. I often use the MG one that applies for both and Wher/Sovs as it applies to any MG in the game, including ones you steal/re-crew (or call-in in the case of dshk).

Range/sight range ones are also tend to provide larger percentage bonuses. Big fan of the bazooka +5% range. It's only an increase of 1.75 in game, but that can be difference in getting off 1 last aimed volley before desperately hoping for an attack ground overshoot.

2 years ago
    MeowMeow Posts: 165

@SkysTheLimit said:

@Meow said:

Very untrue in some cases. Many bulletins are miniscule, but just about all of the veterancy bonuses make a very big difference. Aside from the Captain veterancy bulletin, they're all 10% which is nothing to joke about. The rifleman one for the US is very helpful, as it speeds up unlocking your snares. I often use the MG one that applies for both and Wher/Sovs as it applies to any MG in the game, including ones you steal/re-crew (or call-in in the case of dshk).

Range/sight range ones are also tend to provide larger percentage bonuses. Big fan of the bazooka +5% range. It's only an increase of 1.75 in game, but that can be difference in getting off 1 last aimed volley before desperately hoping for an attack ground overshoot.

I guess 10% vet is also useless you will almost never benefit from having 10% faster vet1 ability , most of the time you will use ability when it does not matter. Boost would only benefit you if you would throw AT nade at close moment after promotion to vet 1 cause otherwise you could get vet 1 without boost and still be able to AT nade.

2 years ago
    SkysTheLimitSkysTheLi… Posts: 2,268

@Meow said:
    I guess 10% vet is also useless you will almost never benefit from having 10% faster vet1 ability , most of the time you will use ability when it does not matter. Boost would only benefit you if you would throw AT nade at close moment after promotion to vet 1 cause otherwise you could get vet 1 without boost and still be able to AT nade.

It doesn't stop working after vet 1... The difference in vet speed is noticeable, I notice my maxims getting vetted up much quicker when I have the 10% mg bonus on. Considering there is zero downside to using a bulletin, saying they are completely worthless is just wrong. The differences are small, but suggesting they don't exist because you can't easily notice them is just silly.