Dosenöffner (ISU-152) [soviet]

Comments

3 years ago
    VipperVipper Posts: 3,723

The ISU-152 has a range 70 the pak has a range of 60.

At range 60 a pak has 61% to penetrate a ISU-152 frontally.

3 years ago

@Farra13 said:
    The main problem in teamgames is resource inflation, the income for munition and fuel far exceeds what each player recieves in manpower, leading the likes of USF and SOV to float fuel, while Brits and the Axis basically have the fuel premiums they pay for better vehicles made negligible, therefore they easily match the other factions vehicles unit for unit, when they should really be outnumbered.

+100 Yeah, this is exactly the main problem. Couldn't say it better on my own. Does somebody know if mod team is thinking about a change of this anyhow in the near future? I mean so many people talking about that, but there is no reaction or sign of life by officials.

3 years ago
    MakcumMakcum Posts: 75

@Vipper написал:
    The ISU-152 has a range 70 the pak has a range of 60.

At range 60 a pak has 61% to penetrate a ISU-152 frontally.

But it enough to penetrate ISU all time

3 years ago
    thedarkarmadillothedarkar… Posts: 5,824
    @makum i dont think you understand how statistics work...
    3 years ago

@thedarkarmadillo написал:

i understand that this tank have chance penetrate with 61% and dont penetrate with 39%, but in real game pak penetrate all time

3 years ago
    MeowMeow Posts: 165

@Makcum said:

i understand that this tank have chance penetrate with 61% and dont penetrate with 39%, but in real game pak penetrate all time

... you don't understand

3 years ago

@Meow написал:

@Makcum said:

... you don't understand

Then tell me or give link to read

3 years ago
    le12role12ro Posts: 2,333 mod
    edited April 2017

To put it in different, simpler words, in a real game, the game mechanics dictate that on average, every third shot of a pak will penetrate the ISU's front armor and thus cause damage. In hard numbers, 61% of the shots penetrate, 39% do not.

Here is a link that I found through google that scratches the basics of penetration:
    https://tinyurl.com/ku7occ6

3 years ago
    edited April 2017

@le12ro написал:
    To put it in different, simpler words, in a real game, the game mechanics dictate that on average, every third shot of a pak will penetrate the ISU's front armor and thus cause damage. In hard numbers, 61% of the shots penetrate, 39% do not.

Here is a link that I found through google that scratches the basics of penetration:

Thanks, but then why pak penetrates all time?

3 years ago
    LazarusLazarus Posts: 4,096

@Makcum said:

@le12ro написал:

It doesn't.

3 years ago
    le12role12ro Posts: 2,333 mod
    edited April 2017

@Makcum said:

@le12ro написал:

It simply doesn't. You may experience moments in the aforementioned scenario that include the pak penetrating shot after shot after shot, but it'll normalise after a while towards 61% penetration as according to game mechanics.

Of course you'd be more than welcome to provide replays and videos that demonstrate otherwise; but these are the game mechanics as dictated by in-game values. Don't let your experience scew your perceptions! :)

3 years ago
    SkysTheLimitSkysTheLi… Posts: 2,271
    edited April 2017

@Makcum said:

Just because you have never visually seen your ISU-152 deflect a pak40 shot, does not mean it never happens. I had an ISU deflect a couple pak shots last night. Not in a row or anything, but it does happen.

3 years ago

ISU in range of pak 40 is misplay and even it's misplay it can deflect shots so people should not be complaining about isu getting penetrated by paks...

3 years ago
    SkysTheLimitSkysTheLi… Posts: 2,271

@Meow said:
    ISU in range of pak 40 is misplay and even it's misplay it can deflect shots so people should not be complaining about isu getting penetrated by paks...

Not really, sometimes you want to take 1 last shot at a fleeing unit. It's a very expensive and slow firing assault gun, it's supposed to be able bounce some AT.

3 years ago

@SkysTheLimit said:

@Meow said:

Not really, sometimes you want to take 1 last shot at a fleeing unit. It's a very expensive and slow firing assault gun, it's supposed to be able bounce some AT.

That's correct but it has advantage with range where you don't need armor vs paks.
    I did not said armor should be 0 on such long range unit if it had great dps and long range it should have no armor , if we give unit range durability dps and mobility its OP
    Good design of units should only have 2 of these 4 things.
    Comet for example - great range dps mobility armor can attack infantry and tanks.
    Panther for example - great range armor mobility , dps is mediocre vs tanks and low vs infantry.

ISU - longest AI capability , low mobility , high armor , low DPS. ISU is fine as it is has weaknesses that being low dps and low mobility but high range and OK durability for price but allowing ISU to get shot by paks its misplay in some way you should always be at 70 range unless you want to risk getting your ISU damaged for something more important like finishing a panther.

3 years ago
    PotatoMArkPotatoMArk Posts: 16
    edited April 2017

why is isu not kill tank more, is good big gun kill lots lots like tiger but in match bounce panzer? should hit bigger for long shooting between shots for aim

3 years ago
    @PotatoMArk because real life =/= game balance. Just because it blasted the tits off stuff irl doesnt mean it should in game, we tried that, it was a dark time...
    3 years ago

@thedarkarmadillo said:
    @PotatoMArk because real life =/= game balance. Just because it blasted the tits off stuff irl doesnt mean it should in game, we tried that, it was a dark time...

you not know game nough. isu big gun, should be hit big. tiger no chance, panzer no chance more!

3 years ago
    @PotatoMArk thats nice and all, but this is a game and there are more important things than real life performance. How many bullets from a rifle do you think a person can take at point blank and still sprint away?
    3 years ago

@thedarkarmadillo said:
    @PotatoMArk thats nice and all, but this is a game and there are more important things than real life performance. How many bullets from a rifle do you think a person can take at point blank and still sprint away?

isu is not bullet, is is big explosion.

3 years ago
    Oh boy...
    3 years ago
    LazarusLazarus Posts: 4,096

@thedarkarmadillo silly you. is is big explosion. is also Russian. Therefore is immune to logic and design.

3 years ago
    GrittleGrittle Posts: 993

@Lazarus said:
    @thedarkarmadillo silly you. is is big explosion. is also Russian. Therefore is immune to logic and design.

don't forget.

It also comes with a burned CD that only contains the first 20 minutes of Rocky 4!

3 years ago
    ofieldofield Posts: 630

The problem of the ISU is that its counters (JT, Elefant) are omnipresent in almost every match.

3 years ago
    NiradNirad Posts: 206
    Something needs to be done with ISU152. It's armor piercing round is utter trash and can't penetrate the JT or elephant reliably. I'd rather have it only be good at AT like the JT or elephant than it be mediocre and either. You wonder why no one build the Trash 152 because that's what it is. Every game is 4v4 there is a JT or elephant and it's usually an I WIN for the axis.
    3 years ago
    Well, nothing should be penning the front of the ele or JT reliably... Especially not a unit that has the capability to erase infantry
    3 years ago
    KurfürstKurfürst Posts: 289

The ISU is lackluster IMO... I would actually nerf its penetration a bit, but increase the damage to 320 and add a 50% damage on deflection. It would add some flavour to the ISU.

3 years ago
    ofieldofield Posts: 630
    edited May 2017

How about making the ISU152 an indirect fire unit like the brummbar, get rid of those two ammo types and combine both in one. The old isu152 was nerfed because it wipe squads and killed tanks a like. If it is indirect fire (no homing shells and reduced projectile velocity) it would be effective against stationairy targets or slow vehicles, but weak against mobile targets. This would acutally perfectly fit it's intended role of an assault gun.

3 years ago
    WiderstreitWiderstre… Posts: 950

@ofield schrieb:
    indirect fire unit

Had that idea 3 years ago... everyone hated it. I will see what people say now.

3 years ago
    Selvy289Selvy289 Posts: 172
    edited May 2017
    Have any of you guys played the balance (even through not yet official, made by the balance team)?

The changes to the ISU are pretty good.

The he rounds have been change to indirect fire (like the kv2) and the concrete rounds have been change to penetrate all world objects while also being reduce to 60 mini (at last).

The at department has been significantly improve to provide 0.667 deflection damage (160). The ISU has also been reduced to 230 fuel (considering their new premium price for not teching).