it's impossible now

2 years ago

hi
after the last patch defeats defeats and defeats, with English 25 defeats for 4 victories, with us and russian (the new maxim is so....)
60% defeats 40% victories. what is going on ? after being one of the best, i am now very bad? are my teammates all bad? there is an important equilibrium problem concerning 3v3 and 4v4. this problem is called okw. the scenario is always the same, we are crushed at the end of the game, by the koni, jag, terrible stuka, and blob. this is the testimony of someone who has thousands of hours of play. WHY CONTINUE TO PLAY.
This is the first time that the game is also unbalanced. it's a big problem. i hope that we will be heard.
sorry for my English.

Comments

2 years ago

In teamgames late game is very hard for allies coz they dont have proper response or each of them are locked in diferent commanders. For example from USF perspective, they got paper tanks and uneffective zooks(frontal armor of evry axis tank) but they struggle against decent armor and better antitank weapons. Evry decent USF unit was nerfed or will be (calliope), just compare Junckers and P47. P47 was nerfed and its slighlty helpfull. Junckers will easilly destroy US tanks. Late game in teammodes is for Axis but it will not change, to many cry topics.

2 years ago
    WunderKatzeWunderKat… Posts: 725
    edited May 2017
    3v3 and 4v4 are done for. The game is unplayable. OKW trades wayyy wayyy too efficiently at very stage of the game and then out scales every faction except Brits.

Every game is exactly the same, Sturm+kubel rush to the fuel and then make defense trades until vehicles and then roll the enemy over.

Problems: Kubels trading with infantry, Volks STG steam rolling, no counter Obers, IR and flare vision constantly ruining flanks and exposing team weapons for off map+on map barrage, squishy and expensive ambulance+major combo, long vet times on rifles and jackon squish.

I'm really fucking tired of the Walking Stuka drawing lines across my team weapons, if I spread out they should have to choose ONE to kill with barrage not ALL of them.
    2 years ago

I agree, this is the worst meta so far. Axis in 2v2 are dominating every phase of the game. Basically allies have no clear power spike, no strat that would give you advantage and with few exceptions such as dshka allied units in general are worse than their counterparts. Axis win early game easily thanks to sturmpios and pios + mg42 combo, while brit inf loses early engages in close range (most early engages are at close range) and usf/sov get weak engineers early. Ost gets better units than counterparts and is most versatile faction in the game, doesnt even need to pick commander to win. OKW blobs infantry, gets earliest forward hq, fastest artillery, no upgrade needed for panzerfausts or incediary nades, infantry can upgrade on the field (doesnt have to go back to base and pickup weapons from racks), vanilla volks are good at long range, stg volks are good at close range which makes them very versatile, obersoldaten are terminator T1000 (but they dont use it because they can spam cheap panzerfusis), luchs is now the best anti infantry light vehicle after t70 nerf and their aa haltrack is the best aa/ai in the game, their T2 is basically free bofors and I dont even wanna mention uberheavytanks or doctrines.
    Basically axis have tons of bullshit units, doctrines etc. Today I spectated 11 2v2 games and literally allies won only in one game. Every game looks the same, axis win early game hard, midgame allies try to get at least one fuel for a bit and push as hard as they can if its possible to pressure axis before late game. Finally heavy axis tanks roll out and finish the game. This game is a joke in its current state, axis are too dominant from the very start of the game. Every allied unit that was actually doing its job (look t70 or bren flamer) was nerfed to oblivion until it became useless. Im tired of 2/3 of players queueing as axis all the time. Tired of seeing OKW spamming 6-7 infantry each in every game and constantly pushing like a zombie horde throwing nades and fausting everything. This game became onesided again after a brief moment of a little bit of balance.

2 years ago
    dmsdms UKPosts: 531
    edited May 2017

I have 1800 hours and stopped playing. I only play 3v3+ Pointless as axis since you just get an inflated elo and allies the elo sinks. The problem is OKW I think, the faction has been balanced for 1v1 I guess, but is strong early + late and can use ost in team games for the mid so allies have no power spike anymore with light tank nerfs. This is in team games, no idea about 1v1.

2 years ago
    Mr_RuinMr_Ruin Posts: 92

Ost practically has no elite infantry (Panzergrenadiers die in large matches faster than they can get into close combat) while OKW rarely uses it's elite infantry. In most cases allied infantry in late game can just blob rush through Axis lines with TD's close behind to scare off Axis tanks. Rangers, Shock, Infantry Section with 2 Brens can just prioritise hmg and after that wipe entire units within seconds.

Also Axis has no counterplay to 120mm mortar nor Calliope with 120 outranging similar Axis weapons and Calliope being an arty tank (instead of a halftrack or a truck).

T70 was cheese against Ost cause you could rarely kill it with 222s, it killed infantry faster than they could faustrush it and it came quite a bit faster than StuG. So it didn't have a proper counter for a part of the match against Ost. OKW has Pupchen but it's OKW, they are OP.

Suggestions

Allied infantry

I believe US troops should be a bit more durable cause they drop like flies, but should lose some of their dps which can with double BAR's (or 30 cals) become ludicrous. US can easily either end up with more losses than Soviets (Wut?) or snowball and blast everything with BAR's and triple zook rangers. This would fix that imho.

Similarly British should get a price reduction but also a bit of a nerf for their IS. 280 cost and long production time means they are slow to field which means others will push them out with their numbers in early game but if Brit units survive, get a fifth member and equip double Bren's or even Vickers K they become a deathstar unit.

Soviet Cons need a buff, they are quite bad without PPSh's. Being an only main unit without a weapon upgrade means they scale badly. They should maybe get a DP to upgrade? So you can choose with some commanders do you want rushers(PPSh) or a bit more static unit(DP). Making them relevant would stop the current ''build a bunch of Penals'' builds and allow Soviets more diversity.

Tanks

Also a lot of games end up with German tanks and Allied TD's without a single Allied tank. Buff Allied tanks (But buff them for tank on tank combat, they are more than deadly to infantry.), nerf Axis Heavy TD's and maybe a bit Allied TD's? That would allow more tank on tank combat without Allies spamming TD's and waiting for an Axis mistake to rush'em. I believe that would promote both sides having more initiative late game instead of everyone hiding outside range until someone Leeroy Jenkins it?

Emplacements

While they are what makes Brits unique I think they are breaking the game. Same moment emplacements come on the field Axis starts spamming either indirect or Heavy TD's making the game much slower and boring. Also if every other emplacement built by anyone else can be decrewed and blown up with a single offmap strike why several sandbags can survive a simultaneous strike from a SturmTiger and a Stuka zu Fuss or a flimsy AA can survive Railway Arty and 3 StuG's?
    Either buff other players emplacements or decrease the potency of British. B4,ML20 and Pak43 can easily (too easily) be countered but for Brits you either need a lot of time and long range or indirect fire. My suggestion? Decrease the potency of Brit brace, increase survivability for others.

Ost infantry

Late game Grens and PzGrens drop like flies and would also benefit from survivability buff so they can at least fight upgraded allied infantry (no need to win, just able to fight them without insta retreat towards MG42 and call in the tanks). Make it a late game upgrade so they don't snowball?

OKW

OKW feels ok if others are buffed, otherwise nerf em. And give them an ability to build caches. In smaller matches caches are rare and in bigger ones there will be a designated Ost-er to build them so you achieve nothing except that one guy has to build all the caches while others play OKW and spam units to protect the line during that time making a game look stupid and unbalancing it. That way OKW will actually spend some resources on something beside spamming.
    Kubel is way too powerful in early stage of large matches. With a pair of them you can fend off entire US start. Maybe decrease early potency but give them a munition upgrade after first built building so they are not completely useless?

2 years ago

@mr_ruin I can already tell you are an axis only player and you basically never play allies so you have no idea what you're talking about. Axis have so much broken stuff but but they never use 90% of it because they never get nerfed. Soviets can basically win only with penals + dshka + sniper because there is no other viable strat. Brits have to rely on their emplacements, their whole faction is designed around them but you want to nerf them. Emplacements cant move and they cost a ton, everything in brit faction costs a ton so if it was easy to destroy it there would be no point in doing it. Besides brits cant snare vehicles like every other faction and its hard for them to deal with ost sniper. Basically all brit units were nerfed over and over again in previous patches but people like you still cry over one fucking mortar emplacement. When will you be satisfied? When Brits cant defend themselves? Nerf IS? Really? Ost grens rifle nade the shit out of brit inf and sniper cheese you but yeah nerf brit infantry. Cool story bro. Too many axis fanboys in this game. Usf has literally nothing going for them late game but nerf double bars, which you can only get in the very late game because 2 bars cost 120 muni. You think its easy to get 120 muni per squad? Again thats the only thing going for them so axis fanboy wants it to get nerfed. You have the same stupid shit called stormtroopers with stg upgrades that shred through infantry like paper and have higher armor but most ost players dont even have to use it because their grens can equip g43 and deal with usf infantry any day with their broken ass stun nades. Get a grip on reality, play some allies and see what they have to deal with. Axis fanboys constantly cry about playing over and over again against the same strategy from but thats because it probably is the only strat actually working. And still its horrendeusly hard to win with most allies. Don't focus on the one thing that usf has strong look at all the other stuff that sucks. For instance their mg .50 cal is locked behind lt tier, has low dps, small arc of fire, low suppresion but I dont see any axis fanboys talking about that. Oh no! Next is m20, hugely overpriced, comes late and gets easily countered by luchs or 222s which come at basically the same time. No axis fanboy talks about m20, I wonder why. USF AA HT next, is clunky, can only shoot backwards, and has to stand still to use stronger ammo, its easily killed with 2 pak shots. No talk here again. Next is usf at gun, with the worst armor penetration and rotation speed, pak howitzer is absolutely nothing special, comparable to okw isg, and stuart light tank, which is bad against infantry and is only useful against other light vehicles and loses hard to medium tanks so it loses its usability very fast. Not like puma for instance which can deal with medium tanks effectively if needed. Thats why no axis fanboy talks about those units. Last tier we have sherman tank which is somewhat usefull against infantry, but is neither tanky or have armor penetration or mobility needed to deal with tanks. So basically its a waste of resources. Probably why no axis fanboy cries about sherman. Because its dogshit. Then comes Jackson tank destroyer which is the only reliable source of AT that allies have. Jackson is not godlike its just effective, while at the same time being squishy like a typical tank destroyer. If usf didnt have jackson they would literally be unable to deal with tanks. And then comes the scot which in my opinion is a great unit, maybe even op at killing infantry but because it comes so late in the game by that time axis have either medium tanks or are really close to getting a heavy tank so its really risky to get scot too early because your other at bounces off of german tanks. Thats how it look like. Im not even gonna talk about lt or cpt because they are just another infantry unit with unusally high reinforcement costs. Other than that you have doctrinal units and abilities. I dont even want to get into them because most of them are really dogshit. Half of usf commanders you dont ever see picked in the game but no axis fanboy cries about them. P47 rockets were nerfed so hard there is no point in choosing airborn other then paratroopers with lmg which are basically at obers lmg level. But tell me something, would you pick a specific doctrine just to get obers if you played okw? Didnt think so. Pershing is a better version of panther, check stats basically the same hp, armor, dps, armor penetration. The whole doctrine offers you just a slightly better version of a tank that axis get from their basic tiers. That can ruin your day. You have calliope that gets nerfed, will be nerfed into oblivion because axis cry about usf having one piece of artillery and thats the only reason you pick that doctrine to get artillery effective vs infantry. 3 factions have artillery from basic tiers, 2 of them are axis and 1 is allies. Brits and usf have 2 docs each that give artillery and both calliope and land mattress got nerfed patch after patch because axis players cant play when their units are on the same level. So from all 16 vanilla usf units only 3 are strong (double bars rifleman, scot and lt), 5 are average (mortar, pak howi, stuart, jackson, cpt), 7 are dogshit (rear echelons, m20, .50 cal, aa ht, atg, sherman, major) and 1 is utility (ambulance). Now do you understand why it pisses me off when axis fanboys cry about 1 thing an allied faction has strong and ommits all the other aspects of that faction. I didnt even count all doctrinal useless stuff usf has, which would make it look even worse.

2 years ago

When 40 ton Panther is faster or equal then much lighter Sherman something is not right here.

2 years ago

@HeWasAGoodStalker said:
    When 40 ton Panther is faster or equal then much lighter Sherman something is not right here.

FYI both Tiger and Panther were faster than a Sherman. Check the Wiki.

2 years ago

And I can tell you never play Axis. While I do play allies as well.

Brits

How to deal with a sniper? Countersnipe it. Only US can't do it but they can catch it with an M20.

I also said IS should get a price reduction. That way Brits cost less and are faster on the field. But ofc you missed that.

Rifle nade? To be hit by a rifle nade you have to be either blind and deaf or not watching your units. It's casting is slow. It has a unique sound so you always know when it is coming.

Neither can ML20 or B4 move and yet they cost 600 req. And they are blown apart faster than a Brit mortar which costs 400. I also said to give that thing a buff, but you also missed that part.

US

ISG and howitzer both cannot retreat, have a bit of an advantage in dps and range against mortars, and their cost is similar. More or less the same unit, though howitzer can use white phosphorus which is quite powerfull.

I actually said Sherman needs a buff in AT. But you ofc also missed that.

Stuart is quite ok against infantry when I use it, so don't see the problem. It is somewhere between Puma and PzII with Puma being more AT, PzII more AI and Stuart more of a generalist, but it has 2 quite powerfull abilities which are rarely used but which can give it an uper hand even against mediums.

US AA halftrack is if used properly a bane of OST unless you drive it directly in front of a Pak. It counters 222, Grens, Halftrack, Mortar and PzGrens and has enough health and speed to run away from MG42 AP ammo. So, Pak is the only thing which can kill it at that point in the game. What? Should also Pak be unable to do it?

US AT can activate an ability which improves its range. So you can lure your oponent and shoot it several times until it drives back.

Half the commanders in any nation are unusable. When was the last time you saw Overwatch except if someone goes for the driving mine lulz. Or NKVD commander? Or Ost defensive commander? At least half the commanders need to be reworked and I hope someone will actually do it cause it is bloody boring to me to always use Heavy Cav, Armor, and Calliope comanders when I play US and Elite troops, Puma commander and Lightning war on Ost.

Caliope is a problem cause it is an instawipe. If you retreat the same second it fires you already lost that unit. No other arty functions that way. You can retreat from any other even when the rockets are in flight. You can hear them. And if you see the arty in most cases you can kill it cause it is a halftrack or even a truck. Katy needs a health buff, those things get killed by a breeze. All the rest are also squishy but Calliope (being a tank) just drives into minimal range and fires a direct instawipe salvo. So it needs a speed reduction and is getting one.

What? Rear echelon are a great unit. Put 2 zooks on it, use longer range zook bulletin and it is one of the most cost effective tank hunter squads out there. I love to use them as such. M20? I love it. It can kite awesomely, kill bigger things with getting out of it, zooking and getting back in and it's mine is awesome. But how should most players know that when they don't use the mine. 50 cal has fast turning speed, can dmg light vehicles, can supress really fast and comes in the same time MG34 comes. I like that unit as well.

Pershing is an improved Panther which can double tap with it's active ability which can be used almost instantly after a regular shot. Also historically it was very very rare. I don't see the problem with that unit. Put one in front, 2-3 Jacksons behind it and rampage around. It can outshoot anything faster than it and outrun anything it cannot outshoot. It is a pocket battleship of tanks.

Lt is more or less a rifleman I agree, but Captain is ''get out of the suppresion for free'' card. Not that US players use that ...

Major + Ambulance just behind the front means US does not need to retreat anymore to heal. You just move them wherever the front is. Unlike Ost which can do it by medipacks (and can only retreat to base) which take a lot of micro and time or a static healing bunker. Or OKW which also needs a static building which in bigger matches can easily be shot to pieces with arty if it is close to the front.

All in all, biggest problem with the US is not it being bad, but half the players not using it correctly and it's units being killed too fast. Which I think should be fixed. Improve the health of riflemen and Shermans. But decrease DPS of riflemen or they would with improved health and their DPS be able to outfight any close combat unit. Which they aren't and shouldn't. They are a generalist unit and should act like it.

2 years ago

@Mr_Ruin said:

@HeWasAGoodStalker said:

On road they were similar but in terrain? Show me.

2 years ago

@Mr_Ruin I can already tell you are a typical axis fanboy playing axis only all day long. Tell you what if you think usf units are so strong, so good at their roles then I lets just switch for instance all okw and usf units and rename them. You would take usf units and rename rear echelons to sturmpioneers and I would take sturmpioneers and rename them rear echelons and so on and then you show me how mighty usf army is :wink: . My guess is after a while you wouldnt be so happy about that. And then I could cry how overpowered your units are and that they still need a nerf.

2 years ago

@slingergosusenna said:
    @Mr_Ruin I can already tell you are a typical axis fanboy playing axis only all day long. Tell you what if you think usf units are so strong, so good at their roles then I lets just switch for instance all okw and usf units and rename them. You would take usf units and rename rear echelons to sturmpioneers and I would take sturmpioneers and rename them rear echelons and so on and then you show me how mighty usf army is :wink: . My guess is after a while you wouldnt be so happy about that. And then I could cry how overpowered your units are and that they still need a nerf.

And I can tell you just cry OP without fighting with every nation. I bought a game with 5 different armies, and I use all of em. Most battles with Ost, then Soviets, then US, then OKW and last the Brits. And imho Brits are the most OP, then goes OKW, then Soviets, then Ost and US. US and Ost are almost balanced. Soviets have 120mm which I can use without fear of being shot back at for more than half a match. OKW is spammy cause it has nothing else to use it's resources than just a spam (no early pricy units like snipers, Obers come into the (3v3, 4v4) match when most ppl already float some req).

With Brits I just go 3 IS, Vickers, 6 pounder, commandos, spam Firefly. Sprinkle with a sniper and AEC if necessary. Put Tulips on Fireflies and laugh your ass off when Panthers and Tigers cannot come even close to your tanks or they will get tulips which shut them down for long enough to be killed with other Fireflies and 6 pounder. With tanks being less of a problem put 5th member on IS and just spam Bren's. It's late game, just need a cache or two and there you have it! Double Brens killing Grenadiers in seconds, routing Obers which cost 120 req more and all around kick ass. And if there is something like a bunker just put a gammon bomb on it. If there is a HMG just focus it with so many Brens.

If there is a way to defeat IS and Firefly spam except massed artillery or Heavy TD I haven't found it nor seen it.

2 years ago

@HeWasAGoodStalker said:

@Mr_Ruin said:

@HeWasAGoodStalker said:

You mentioned speed, not cross country handling. Also most maps are either quite flat terrain or have roads. Maybe CoH3 adds a bit more uneven terrain.

2 years ago

@Mr_Ruin said:

@HeWasAGoodStalker said:

@Mr_Ruin said:

@HeWasAGoodStalker said:

You mentioned speed, not cross country handling. Also most maps are either quite flat terrain or have roads. Maybe CoH3 adds a bit more uneven terrain.

lad come on, Its Hitlerious when Panter escaping on reverse and still can hit a Sherman. I dont demand some super nerfs just logic, if something is big heavy fat pig it can be that fast...

2 years ago

@HeWasAGoodStalker said:

@Mr_Ruin said:

@HeWasAGoodStalker said:

@Mr_Ruin said:

@HeWasAGoodStalker said:

lad come on, Its Hitlerious when Panter escaping on reverse and still can hit a Sherman. I dont demand some super nerfs just logic, if something is big heavy fat pig it can be that fast...

Is it balanced I will leave to someone better suited than I. Maybe it is too fast in reverse. But historically it had Maybach HL230 engine. The same thing as in the Tiger I. And was 10 tons lighter. And could reach max speed of 55 km/h.

Hitting on reverse is RNG. Sherman has better chances of hitting on the move cause of gyroscope but Sherman is useless so there is that. That is why I advocate Sherman should get a buff, instead of Panther getting a nerf. But that is IMHO.

2 years ago
    slingergosusennaslingergo… Posts: 17
    edited May 2017

@Mr_Ruin as a matter of fact I play all the factions and by far the easiest factions for me are axis in every possible way. [removed]

2 years ago
    edited May 2017

[removed]

2 years ago
    PastulioPastulio Posts: 2,058

I never seen such big walls of text.