[UKF] Crocodile is OP..

2 years ago
SquishyMuffinSquishyMu… Posts: 434
edited June 2017 in Balance Feedback

This unit is technically broken because it is firing two flame projecters? I cannot remember what Mr Smith said about it. It kills its counters too easily.

Comments

2 years ago
    thedarkarmadillothedarkar… Posts: 5,823
    Its hard to judge BECAUSE it has 2 flamers for some reason... Obviously that needs fixin so maybe after that it would be OK.
    2 years ago
    LazarusLazarus Posts: 4,093

There's one invisible flamer that actually has higher range than it's supposed to (there was a flamer range nerf to the croc a while ago that didn't hit it if I recall). There's also the fact that it's a bloody Churchill and is durable enough it doesn't need two flamers period. But as the French say, le Scope

2 years ago
    ofieldofield Posts: 630

The Croc is to axis' infantry, what the JT is to allies' tanks.

2 years ago
    SquishyMuffinSquishyMu… Posts: 434
    edited June 2017

Not really though. Allied tanks can kill a JT. Axis infantry can not do the same to a Crocodile. Not even an anti tank gun wall can, especially a sh*tketten one.

2 years ago
    SAY_MY_NAMESAY_MY_NA… Posts: 257
    Kv8 on steroids, and with kv8 you already need a wall of at guns.

Yep raketen miss a lot light vehicles and this doesn't help it to scale to mid-late and get a proper range and performances.

It can garrison a building but miss an aec half of the times.
    #lelic
    2 years ago
    dafelsdafels Posts: 8

a single panther can easily deal with croc lmao

2 years ago
    RiCERiCE Posts: 1,588

@ofield said:
    The Croc is to axis' infantry, what the JT is to allies' tanks.

Sure, if the JT could one-shot your tanks.

2 years ago
    Farra13Farra13 Posts: 647

@thedarkarmadillo said:
    Its hard to judge BECAUSE it has 2 flamers for some reason... Obviously that needs fixin so maybe after that it would be OK.

This is literally the problem, normalize the flamer to a single enitity and adjust so the insane burst damage goes down. I do want the croc to remain the beast it is, but would much prefer it to deal a more sustained type of damage rather than toasting squads into little more then charred corpses in two bursts.> @dafels said:

a single panther can easily deal with croc lmao

A panther fires once every 7.4 seconds, the croc has 1400 health with admittedly average armour. It takes 9 shots to kill a croc if every shot hits and penetrates, that means the panther would need over an entire minute of constant fire at the croc to kill it. In terms of game time that is completely unreasonable as a hard counter and far from what you would call - easily dealing with the croc.

2 years ago
    KatitofKatitof Posts: 6,668

@Farra13 said:
    A panther fires once every 7.4 seconds, the croc has 1400 health with admittedly average armour. It takes 9 shots to kill a croc if every shot hits and penetrates, that means the panther would need over an entire minute of constant fire at the croc to kill it. In terms of game time that is completely unreasonable as a hard counter and far from what you would call - easily dealing with the croc.

Go with a pair of StuGs then and watch it melt.

Bait it to a mine and roll over it with puppchens while panther provides vision/blocks movement.

And speaking of hardcounters, do you know how long it takes for SU-85 to kill tiger?
    Or for PTRS unit to kill elephant?

Just because the unit is the hardcounter, not always means its a smart idea to use it alone with no additional support, especially if we talk about complete end game vehicles with absolutely nothing above them.

2 years ago
    VipperVipper Posts: 3,723
    edited June 2017

At vet 0 a Su-85 will take to kill a Tiger.
    SU-85 39.80 - 56.75

A panther will take to kill a Churchill

Panther, OST 67.75 - 90.25

https://www.coh2.org/topic/56469/tank-destroyer-time-to-kill-stats

2 years ago

@Katitof said:

Go with a pair of StuGs then and watch it melt.

Bait it to a mine and roll over it with puppchens while panther provides vision/blocks movement.

Katitof I was directly responding to the OP's ridiculous statement that a panther being able to solo a croc in a one on one engagement excuses its current performance in slaughtering infantry with its insane burst damage. Not that the croc's durability is too much or the panther's offensive capabilties are too poor.

I am well aware that units like stugs and pacs working with tellers are the answer.... Not quite sure why you've gotten so salty all of a sudden?

And speaking of hardcounters, do you know how long it takes for SU-85 to kill tiger?

About half as long....

Or for PTRS unit to kill elephant?

Considering that PTRS aren't even relevant in such a point as they are a soft-counter vehicle tool, I would expect a F****** long time.

Just because the unit is the hardcounter, not always means its a smart idea to use it alone with no additional support, especially if we talk about complete end game vehicles with absolutely nothing above them.

I understand COH 2 katitof.. the whole game is based in combined arms play, therefore you have to take into account what would logically work alongisde units in engagments. A pak gun threatens a churchil, a teller counters it, stugs slaughter them. Panthers just poke, repeatedly, they aren't potent enough to be seen as a hardcounter, and nor would I expect them to be. A panther is designed to take on enemy mediums and units like the IS-2 and Pershing, not churchills. So I cannot for the life of me see how it is a hardcounter, as its not going to shut a churchil down.

2 years ago
    dafelsdafels Posts: 8
    edited June 2017

croc is really slow you can run around it with your tanks, at guns and tank destroyers can easily melt it down and it can't even damage your tanks, if you look at this being op then king tiger is 2x more op version of croc since it can deal with everything, is nondoctrinal and costs only a bit more expensive than croc

2 years ago

@dafels said:
    croc is really slow you can run around it with your tanks, at guns and tank destroyers can easily melt it down and it can't even damage your tanks, if you look at this being op then king tiger is 2x more op version of croc since it can deal with everything, is nondoctrinal and costs only a bit more expensive than croc

KT requires full tech and a huge amount of fuel on a faction that lacks caches. It's much slower, whilst being fairly vunerable to any of the three dedicated td's that the allied factions have.

The croc (a tech free call in) meanwhile, deals with the jp4 (low pen), the panther (low ROF) and the stug (fragile), that alone gives it far better survivability when combined with its higher health pool and superior speed.

The only real problem with it, is that it melts whole squads in seconds due to the fact it has two flamers (one invisible), it can't miss as flame weapons are 100% accurate, meaning it just disentegrates infantry faster than they can run. The KT however can only one hit kill squads if they are bunched up in yellow cover, a rare occurence, combined with the fact it isn't 100% accurate means its unlikely you will lose much before they escape due to its low speed.

OKW has problems.... the KT isn't one of them.

2 years ago

@Farra13 ha detto:

@dafels said:

KT requires full tech and a huge amount of fuel on a faction that lacks caches. It's much slower, whilst being fairly vunerable to any of the three dedicated td's that the allied factions have.

The croc (a tech free call in) meanwhile, deals with the jp4 (low pen), the panther (low ROF) and the stug (fragile), that alone gives it far better survivability when combined with its higher health pool and superior speed.

The only real problem with it, is that it melts whole squads in seconds due to the fact it has two flamers (one invisible), it can't miss as flame weapons are 100% accurate, meaning it just disentegrates infantry faster than they can run. The KT however can only one hit kill squads if they are bunched up in yellow cover, a rare occurence, combined with the fact it isn't 100% accurate means its unlikely you will lose much before they escape due to its low speed.

@Farra13 ha detto:

@dafels said:

OKW KT needs one more nerf, than it will spawn directly as stationary emplacement.

2 years ago

@SAY_MY_NAME said:

OKW KT needs one more nerf, than it will spawn directly as stationary emplacement.

KT is in a good place right now, defintely toes the line between being the powerhouse you expect, without becoming the be-all end-all of any game.

2 years ago
    edited June 2017

@Farra13 ha detto:

@SAY_MY_NAME said:

KT is in a good place right now, defintely toes the line between being the powerhouse you expect, without becoming the be-all end-all of any game.

Right
    I find funny tho that people still want to nerf while it's kinda ok actually..
    As you said it's ot the monster it used to be

2 years ago
    le12role12ro Posts: 2,326 mod
    edited June 2017

I'm glad they nerfed it, back then on release, it was literally an i-win button that survived slugs after slugs after slugs of the allies' best AT. It wasn't even fun to play with, or play against.