2v2 Map Making Contest

3 months ago
Kyle_REKyle_RE Posts: 402 admin

Ever wanted the chance to get your map added to the automatch pool in COH2? Here is your chance! Relic is teaming up with members of the community to help reward the hard work COH2’s map makers put into COH2 day-in and day-out.

Introducing, COH2’s 2v2 Map Making Contest. Map makers in the community will be able to create and submit their best 2v2 map for their chance to win some fantastic prizes, including some great new hardware for their PC, plus the chance to have their map added to COH2’s 2v2 automatch map pool.

Learn more on our Blog.

Comments

3 months ago

Hello everyone,

Just wanted to provide an update on some minor rule changes to the contest. To help protect map makers from popularity bias so that maps are solely judged on their quality and not on the popularity or how big of a following the map maker has in the community, the following rules are now in affect:

1. When submitting a map for review, the map maker must remove any markings or mention that associates the map to their identity. This includes but is not limited to the map loading/splash screen and mod files. These files may be changed/added back in when the map is being submit for Final Review.
    2. Streaming* or posting the map for submission on Twitch, forums or social media is prohibited.

If a map maker does not oblige by these rules from this point forward, their submitted map(s) will not be eligible for the Community Vote segment of the Picking the Winners process of the contest. This means, their submitted map(s) will only be eligible for a max of 40 out of 50 possible points available.

*An exception to rule #2 above is if a map maker streams all or multiple contest maps while remaining anonymous and non-bias (judging, describing, and giving feedback on them equally) regarding which map may be theirs.

3 months ago
    edited July 13

I also highly recommend using only ONE building tileset per map. Not doing so causes performance issues not to mention has generally negative aesthetic appeal. Not doing so could severely limit your chances of advancing in the contest.

3 months ago
    ofieldofield Posts: 630

Are there any exceptions to this recommendation? E.g. the urban tilesets don't offer any churches, This is kinda contradictng to urban settings.

3 months ago

Yes. If it looks natural and doesn't cause any performance issues than it is fine.

3 months ago
    whiteflashwhiteflash United StatesPosts: 6

Kyle, is it true that if a map has been in the workshop, but has been incomplete, that it cant be submitted to the map contest? Thanks

3 months ago
    ComradComrad Posts: 24

Kyle, as an opportunity to learn information, do not prompt, there will be a new Soviet commander modes 2:2 ? Thanks

2 months ago

You don't send confirmation mails for the submitted maps, do you? like that you received them...

2 months ago
    edited August 4

Unfortunately no, but I can say the email is working properly and submissions have been coming through without problem. Next week a thread will be created in this sub-forum for each map submitted to allow the map makers to get feedback from the community. All approved submitted maps will also be uploaded to Steam via a 2v2 Map Making contest collection where the community can subscribe to the maps they want to play.

2 months ago
    ComradComrad Posts: 24

@Kyle_RE написал:
    Unfortunately no, but I can say the email is working properly and submissions have been coming through without problem. Next week a thread will be created in this sub-forum for each map submitted to allow the map makers to get feedback from the community. All approved submitted maps will also be uploaded to Steam via a 2v2 Map Making contest collection where the community can subscribe to the maps they want to play.

You are watching the recording with the proposed commanders of the players?

2 months ago

Cant wait to see all the other maps :)

2 months ago

I can't take it anymore. The tension is killing me. Where are the maps :smile: ?

1 month ago

I would be happy if Relic could post the contest rating criteria.
    I try to understand why a map has passed into the next round or why the map was eliminated.
    Thank you very much.

1 week ago

Are the final version maps (round 5) going to be put up on the Steam Collection?

1 week ago

Um....Hello...? Anyone? Guess not. Ok please feel free to delete my maps from the "contest". thank you

1 week ago
    TricTric Posts: 10

We are now nearing 1 week since the last phase has ended, with no update to the steam collection. The last time the steam collection was updated was 9/18... it is now 10/12... If you do a quick look through the rules you would notice that nobody was able to even test the correct versions of the maps via the steam collection.

This is also FUN cause of the fact that there is a community vote... how are they going to vote on maps they never were able to test the final versions of?

I mean... come on. This is an official contest, right? Not a community one? If this where a community contest this wouldn't even happen... what the hell is going on? I get there is more going on in the background, but at this point skype messaging and PM's isn't going to cut it. You guys need to communicate what is actually happening. This entire thing has been a permanent stain on the mapping community since its inception and back tracking from MARCH.

2 days ago
    Andy_REAndy_RE Posts: 51 admin

We've made a couple of changes to the rules for the Picking the Winners phase of the 2v2 Map Making Contest.

Firstly, we're going to extend community voting until after the 2v2 Map Contest Cup.

Secondly, the top teams in the cup will now vote for their overall favorite map in the competition.

Please see this post which details the remainder of the competition, and reflects these new changes.