Fall Balance Preview Feedback

Comments

1 year ago
    KurfürstKurfürst Posts: 289
    edited August 2017

Kübel is fine. Even SOV Combat engineers, or RE counter Kübel spam, all you have to do to is to put them into cover. And while the other guy is spamming Kübels, he is missing all the infantry spam-fun, so he is loosing on the long term since Kübels are increadibly hard to keep alive by the 5 minute mark.

OTOH, REs are underused and everyone is bored of rifle spam. REs need more utility, their price cant go down because everyone would just spam weapon rack REs. We have seen that, we do not want that.

IMO it would be worth considering to move sticky bombs/snares from Riflemen. REs would be much more needed, heck, buff them for DPS if need be.

The USF needs combined arms and diversity. The biggest problem with this balance patch that it just serves out the current meta, i.e. spam Riflemen and Jackson later. Solution? Buff the Jackson and nerf any possible counters (like StuG and heavy TDs).

The health buff to the Jackson is a mistake imo as the extra shot required to destroy it coupled with its high moving accuracy means it can easily tackle Panther (without support) and invalidate medium tank tactics even more. It supposed to be a glass cannon, not a unit that can operate entirely by itself even more so than currently, without support.

The nerf to HTDs is an answer to a question nobody asked IMO and without compensating buffs. Since nobody had any problem with the Elefant DPS for YEARS, the nerf 280 damage could be even fine (two shots has chance to cripple, if not destroy a medium still) if there are compensating buffs like increased accuracy at long range, to keep a flavour to the unit, keep it viable, and at around the same spot on the power ladder.

Same thing about the massive StuG nerf, on the pretext that it countered Allied heavies (laugable, it didnt ), on the pretext that "you just have to get close - in a casemate TD that is". Its still unable to withstand hits from mediums with its meagre armor, despite that its unable to manouver and can only engage from the front. I am fine with restructuring the StuG to a medium tank buster, but then give it the tools to live up to it. Make it more resilent.

Otherwise OST is still left without any comeback tool against prediums and heavies, as the Panther still does not worth it - and whos idea it is anyways that you are supposed to rely on one of the least affordable, most expensive and least reliable tanks if your opponent has the upper hand in armor, when EVERYONE ELSE gets a chance to cost-efficiently counter those with CHEAPER TDs like the SU 85s, Jacksons etc. Not Wehr. Wehr players are supposed to build the most expensive tank on the top of the most expensive tech when they are loosing either or both the tank or the tech race. Its just poor design, unless the Panther actually worth it and can beat superior odds (which is what it is supposed to do) or if the PaK 40 pen is buffed so that it can actually serve as semi-reliable predium or anti/heavy platform.

The stuff about heavy TDs wrecking Allied medium tank play is just a smokescreen. You have to be blind not to see that when coupled with massive buffs to the Jackson health its all about the Jackson being unable to be countered by HTDs.

Its all about enforcing the current Allied meta, that is entirely based on (i) early availabilty of semi-elite infantry trampling Axis infanty to the dirt (ii) overbuffed TDs removing armor counterplay (iii) abuse of plentiful on-map arty even more viable without providing any alternatives. We will just see even more TD walls and arty spam behind it.

Ideally you should see combined arms on both sides, without any unit being prevelant.

For example the Sherman is very much underused and LT tier is non existant. The Sherman is not needed because Axis infantry struggles as it is, an is either get counter-spammed to compensate (Volks) or just avoided/cheese spammed (Grens lack of late game scaling that the WBP failed to address and has led to Lightning War and HTD workarounds).

On the other side all you can see is semi-elite infantry spam, followed by TD/arty spam. There is no diversity in tactics. Many units are not used at all, especially USF and SOV.

Medium tanks of all kinds are vastly underused by TDs being too powerful and individual balance problems (Pz IV - buff the pen to about 130 ). All of the mediums are just vastly too similar as well. No real strenght, same armor, same pen, all vulnerable to overbuffed TDs.

The solution to that IMO a generic reduction of target size of all medium tanks to about 20 (except Sherman - buff armor instead to keep the balance with Axis mediums and give it more of a meatshield role. The Shermans role could be to provide a meatshield for TDs and higher survivability), give the more breathing space in a TD heavy enviroment, make them more a worthwhile investment. Currently most guys just avoid them because they are bound to be lost and it just worth to wait for prediums a couple of minutes longer..

1 year ago
    I think if Relic is going to reduce the pen on the stug, then leave the pop cap alone. I stand by my argument, the nerfs to the stugs are premature since panther isn't getting buffed against heavies. So if Relic nerfs it, make it a very small nerf. You can always nerf it more later. Like what you did with the USF mortar and penals. It took 2 patches for those units to get somewhat balanced.
    1 year ago
    kingdun3284kingdun32… Posts: 1,090
    > @RiCE said:
    > @kingdun3284 said:
    > Funny fact: USF had to fight against suppressing kubel for years without any snare and ATG at the beginning and people in this forum told me to L2P when I reflected that issue. I think OKW having ATG is better than nothing and axis players are simply be blessed and cared too much. So L2p.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > No other faction has any problem with the Kubel. Soviets can deal with them, and UKF can deal with them. It cause problem only for those USF players, who refused to put a single RE squad in cover against the Kubel. So they nerf the Kubel now.
    >
    > I understand your reply, but this is completely biased. The ukf universal carrier has 10/5 armor and 200HP. Kubel had 4.5 and it is decreased to 2.5/2. One got nerfed just because of the riflemen and some player who refuse to use their RE properly. Other can go away with 10 front armor. That's just bullsh*t imo.
    >
    > At least i can upgrade the UC with a flamethrower so it can damage infantry properly, or clear out houses. What can you do with the Kubel after 3minutes passed? DETECTION? that's just great, and it also immobilize the vehicle now. I hope someone create a skin for it, with a big bullseye painted on its hood.

No faction has any problem with the m3a1 and UC, why usf must be suffer from such a limited opening. UC cause problem only for those OKW players, who refused to build an ATG which is a hard counter to any light vehicle and still be useful in mid late gamein. Not to mention OKW players dont really need an ATG to fight off M3A1.

I understand your reply, but this is completely biased. The kubel didnt get nerf only, but buff also. It can capture territory.

At least kubel capture and hack map. What can you do with the m3a1 and wc51 after 5minutes passed that every axis mainline infantry having faust? DETECTION?capture? Ally dont enjoy cheese on such a cheap unit.
    1 year ago
    SkysTheLimitSkysTheLi… Posts: 2,268
    edited August 2017

In the description for rear echelon it literally says that one of the things they are useful for is crewing weapon teams. Kinda says a lot. I don't think they should be buffed through the roof, but 200mp and 25 to reinforce should get you a little more.

Limit them to 1 weapon from the racks if you must, because I think it'd be more beneficial to the faction if their utility elsewhere was buffed so that zook hording wasnt their main use.

1 year ago
    > @SkysTheLimit said:
    > In the description for rear echelon it literally says that one of the things they are useful for is crewing weapon teams. Kinda says a lot. I don't think they should be buffed through the roof, but 200mp and 25 to reinforce should get you a little more.
    >
    > Limit them to 1 weapon from the racks if you must, because I think it'd be more beneficial to the faction if their utility elsewhere was buffed so that zook hording wasnt their main use.

Now u agree to only one zook per re? Just a few mths back u we're defending double zooks like in a last stand
    1 year ago
    edited August 2017

@1ncendiary_Rounds said:
    Now u agree to only one zook per re? Just a few mths back u we're defending double zooks like in a last stand

The Jackson wasn't getting +160 Health back then and frankly I never thought it would. I'm more in favor of reducing the zook numbers now that US AT isn't crutching on a 3 shots-to-kill unit. And I was far more against altering zook stats than altering their accessibility.

I think making rifles the only ones that can double-equip zooks/bars WHILE increasing the utility of REs in other areas is the best thing that can happen for the US.

@Kurfürst said:
    Kübel is fine. Even SOV Combat engineers, or RE counter Kübel spam, all you have to do to is to put them into cover.

The fact that these 2 units are good against the Kubel shows you how the current design is flawed. CEs are great against Kubels when in cover because they have high damage rifles with low accuracy. The accuracy usually matters against infantry but the Kubel is way easier to hit so the main negative of CE combat is taken away. For Rifles, their accuracy is great to begin with but their damage per shot is terrible, so even when it penetrates the effect is minimal.

What I'm saying is RNG plays too much of a role in whether the Kubel lives or dies. People are acting like this is a straight-up nerf, but it's getting more health to compensate. It's a style change more than anything else, and it prevents the dumb scenarios where its armor shruggs off 8 shots in a row or the opposite where its at half health after 1 volley.

1 year ago

kyle can you please consider buffing the M1 GARAND just because they have fast rate of fire dont make them a good infantry
    their damage is weak and their accuracy bad
    atleast buff their near accuracy so they would be more useful

1 year ago
    1ncendiary_Rounds1ncendiar… Posts: 798
    edited August 2017

@modelpainter said:
    kyle can you please consider buffing the M1 GARAND just because they have fast rate of fire dont make them a good infantry

Now these are the types of people who I'd like to ask to show their player card. Chances are that you are a new player. Welcome. There is a general discussion section of the forum and also many great tutorials on YouTube on the basics of the game.

1 year ago
    edited August 2017

@modelpainter said:

Actually that's exactly what it does. Grens have great accuracy but their kar98ks take almost 2 times longer to cooldown at max range as the garand, and more than 3 times as long to cooldown at close. This leads riflemen to out-dps them at anything closer than about 23 range. So great accuracy doesn't mean you're in the clear either.

1 year ago

@Vipper

Well it would be nice if you can explain firstly, what the current accuracy is (Come on I'm a noob and I really don't know) and secondly why the firefly needs this debuff anyway.

Please do explain, most people who are good at the game (Like you) usually have good reasons
    -Top Hat

1 year ago
    moremegamoremega REDWOOD CITY CA USAPosts: 229

where are su 76 changes?! It shouldnt be able to penatrate heavy armor except for rear armor.

1 year ago
    RiCERiCE Posts: 1,588

@SkysTheLimit said:
    Gotta love when people say others are biased, but then blame a change to something they like entirely on the players of another faction...... Yeah dude, it's totally just cause we US players don't know how to fight the unit. Doesn't have anything to do with the fact that US has to play with the smallest variety of units for the longest period of time after the game-opening. And it sure has nothing to do with riflemen being uniquely bad at fighting the kubel due to how their DPS works.

You don't get what i have said at all...
    UKF are perfectly fine against the Kubel. Soviets are perfectly fine against the Kubel. Who knows... maybe not Kubel is the f*cked up, but USF.... or would you blame the lake, if a duck cannot swim?

1 year ago
    edited August 2017

@RiCE said:
    UKF are perfectly fine against the Kubel. Soviets are perfectly fine against the Kubel. Who knows... maybe not Kubel is the f*cked up, but USF.... or would you blame the lake, if a duck cannot swim?

This is the exact same point, I understood it the first time. How about you explain to me how this change makes the Kubel UP? All you've talked about is allied players killing it, how about we talk about the unit itself (since it does way more than fight)? It now has more health than a UC or Scout car, and can still cap on its own. It still costs less than both of those and its DPS isn't being touched. It'll still be plenty useful, very cheap and last I checked it'll still be able to inflict bleed without taking any unless you lose the unit completely.

It's not fine for the UKF and Sovs, sometimes they mop it up with no trouble, other times they ping it several shots in a row. That's too much RNG. The only difference for the USF is that they almost always struggle against it unless the micro for the kubel is terrible.

1 year ago
    edited August 2017

I didn't have an opinion on the kubel until I saw it in action. The fact that the Kubel lost to combat engis in light cover means that the kubel is overnerfed. It looks like a bullet magnet now and it is barely good at even SUPPORTING other units in skirmishes. 210 for a pure capping unit that has ZERO potential in the mid and late game is overpriced. If detection is now a stationary feature, maybe have a +10 sight range to the ability.

Relic should be spending time on nerfing volks not kubels. I'm not saying I'd agree with the live version for kubels but volks are a bigger problem and I say it is the sole reason why OKW is on top right now. No other OKW units are responsible for its superiority. Relic should lay off the big kubel nerfs, and jp4 is fine, why nerf that? Maybe sturmtiger could cost a bit more fuel.

1 year ago
    edited August 2017

@1ncendiary_Rounds said:
    210 for a pure capping unit that has ZERO potential in the mid and late game is overpriced. If detection is now a stationary feature, maybe have a +10 sight range to the ability.

Scout car costs 190mp and 15 fuel, and is equally worthless in the late game. AND it often needs a 300mp or a 170mp+60muni squad in it to be effective. 210MP is nothing.

1 year ago
    edited August 2017

@SkysTheLimit said:

@1ncendiary_Rounds said:
    210 for a pure capping unit that has ZERO potential in the mid and late game is overpriced. If detection is now a stationary feature, maybe have a +10 sight range to the ability.

Scout car costs 190mp and 15 fuel, and is equally worthless in the late game. AND it often needs a 300mp or a 170mp+60muni squad in it to be effective. 210MP is nothing.

But you can still beat some grens with it even with an empty scout car. Now the kubel has to hide from literally EVERYTHING

1 year ago
    edited August 2017

@1ncendiary_Rounds said:
    But you can still beat some grens with it even with an empty scout car.

And? I pay fuel for a vehicle that can fight in the early game, OKW pays just mp for a vehicle that can cap, and people want it to fight too? At least the UC needs a muni upgrade to fight or a squad to cap. Maybe the initial changes were too harsh, but under no circumstances should it be going back to 4.5 armor on all sides.

1 year ago
    edited August 2017

@SkysTheLimit said:

@1ncendiary_Rounds said:
    But you can still beat some grens with it even with an empty scout car.

And? I pay fuel for a vehicle that can fight in the early game, OKW pays just mp for a vehicle that can cap, and people want it to fight too? At least the UC needs a muni upgrade to fight or a squad to cap. Maybe the initial changes were too harsh, but under no circumstances should it be going back to 4.5 armor on all sides.

That's all I'm saying. I think kubel should be nerfed, but the FBP version is overnerfed. Tired of Axis units getting overnerfed while Allied stuff get undernerfed and always takes several patches to finally get it in a good spot.

1 year ago
    edited August 2017

@1ncendiary_Rounds said:
    That's all I'm saying. I think kubel should be nerfed, but the FBP version is overnerfed. Tired of Axis units getting overnerfed while Allied stuff get undernerfed and always takes several patches to finally get it in a good spot.

Yeah just saw the part you added to that earlier post, about volks and the kubel. I will never understand how vgrens were out of scope for this patch, they have by far the most consensus in the community on their current level.

1 year ago
    edited August 2017

I can smell an OKW build change already. Massive Tier 1 build. 4 volks, 2 sturms, 3 raks, 2 mg, maybe mech HQ before flak HQ but since the flak HQ has 2 overpriced tanks (p4 and jp) its utility is far less so it's likely to just get the flak just for KT teching. So in a nutshell, KT stall will be meta.

Nerfing the Kubel is hardly any relief for USF. OKW can just get a lot of volks/fusiliers and the mg34 is just as potent as mg42 for okw since they don't need that extra damage that the 42 offers. This combo can easily outtrade riflemen in mp.

1 year ago

@1ncendiary_Rounds said:

@modelpainter said:

Now these are the types of people who I'd like to ask to show their player card. Chances are that you are a new player. Welcome. There is a general discussion section of the forum and also many great tutorials on YouTube on the basics of the game.

let me make myself clear dont you dare treat me as a newbie i have 4k hour in this game and i know everything
    and if say M1 garands are weak then i know something that you dont know
    m1 garand deals 8 damage with max .71 accuracy at close barely enough to combat grenadeirs at close distance my rifleman got raped just now and he didnt even used any infantry bulletins what do you have to say about this

rifleman must be buffed no questions ask its either that or a full nerf on ost and OKW pick your poision

1 year ago
    edited August 2017

@modelpainter said:

@1ncendiary_Rounds said:

@modelpainter said:

let me make myself clear dont you dare treat me as a newbie i have 4k hour in this game and i know everything
    m1 garand deals 8 damage with max .71 accuracy at close barely enough to combat grenadeirs at close distance my rifleman got raped just now and he didnt even used any infantry bulletins what do you have to say about this

rifleman must be buffed no questions ask its either that or a full nerf on ost and OKW pick your poision

Am I allowed to laugh on this forum? If yes, then HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! 4k hours in the game and you still haven't appreciated how great riflemen are (well, until volks got stgs) then it's a L2P issue. Um what do u mean by a "FULL" nerf on Ost AND okw. Riflemen have never struggled vs grens. Volks just need a small nerf. And even right now, rifle can still hold their own vs volks but the margin for error is a bit smaller. Clearly, your "I know everything" attitude is preventing you from learning anything at all.

1 year ago
    WiderstreitWiderstre… Posts: 950
    edited August 2017

I am still for removing the STG44-upgrade for Volksgrenadiere. That is enough nerf for Volks, you still have Sturmpioniere and in late-game you can build Obersoldaten to replace them. So also Kübelwagen stays more important for them.

1 year ago

@1ncendiary_Rounds said:

@modelpainter said:

@1ncendiary_Rounds said:

@modelpainter said:

Am I allowed to laugh on this forum? If yes, then HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! 4k hours in the game and you still haven't appreciated how great riflemen are (well, until volks got stgs) then it's a L2P issue. Um what do u mean by a "FULL" nerf on Ost AND okw. Riflemen have never struggled vs grens. Volks just need a small nerf. And even right now, rifle can still hold their own vs volks but the margin for error is a bit smaller. Clearly, your "I know everything" attitude is preventing you from learning anything at all.

o rly because even when i have 3 rifle bulletins my rifle cant win any engagement even at point blank range rifleman not great even if you give them double bar or double M1919s they cant win im not gonna argue with i know im right and that what that matters you just got lucky RNG on your engagements

1 year ago

@modelpainter said:

@1ncendiary_Rounds said:

@modelpainter said:

@1ncendiary_Rounds said:

@modelpainter said:

o rly because even when i have 3 rifle bulletins my rifle cant win any engagement even at point blank range rifleman not great even if you give them double bar or double M1919s they cant win im not gonna argue with i know im right and that what that matters you just got lucky RNG on your engagements

Well, I'm not sure what you're smoking then. Unless, you're facing inf with mp40 or all stgs, you should easily win the engagement.

1 year ago

@1ncendiary_Rounds said:

@modelpainter said:

@1ncendiary_Rounds said:

@modelpainter said:

@1ncendiary_Rounds said:

@modelpainter said:

Well, I'm not sure what you're smoking then. Unless, you're facing inf with mp40 or all stgs, you should easily win the engagement.

compare the weapon stats KAR98K is superior to M1 garand in every way accuracy damage
    rifleman cant win do you know how many games i lost in one day because how weak rifleman are i lost 10 games in a row because my rifleman cant drop one member of a greanider squad before losing half their own men at point blank

1 year ago

@modelpainter said:

@1ncendiary_Rounds said:

@modelpainter said:

@1ncendiary_Rounds said:

@modelpainter said:

@1ncendiary_Rounds said:

@modelpainter said:

compare the weapon stats KAR98K is superior to M1 garand in every way accuracy damage
    rifleman cant win do you know how many games i lost in one day because how weak rifleman are i lost 10 games in a row because my rifleman cant drop one member of a greanider squad before losing half their own men at point blank

You forgot rate of fire. Unless your running your riflemen across negative (red) cover, you'll beat grens 9 out of 10 times provided you are able to put your riflemen into the same quality cover that the grens have after you close the distance. I'm done talking to you.

1 year ago

@modelpainter said:
    m1 garand deals 8 damage with max .71 accuracy at close barely enough to combat grenadeirs at close distance

And they fire that shot 3 times for every 1 the fired from a Kar98k. That's up to 24 dmg vs. 16, and the grens only have marginally more accuracy at close range. THEN you have the fact that there's 5 garands as opposed to 4 kars, and even though the rifles need to move to close the distance, hey they have better moving accuracy so it's no big deal. Only volks mid-late game are a bit better than they should be vs rifles.

1 year ago
    _Aqua__Aqua_ Posts: 1,951

@modelpainter said:

A Bar provides ~13 DPS at short range, which is literally more than an entire Gren squad's rifles combined. They're slightly more durable than volks off the bat and the Bar's DPS is a bit better at all ranges with the ability to get two of them. The only things on legs double-bar Rifles don't handily counter are Vet2+ Obers w/ upgrades and I believe Vet2 PGrens if they manage to close effectively through smoke/los blockers, etc.

Also, if you know everything about this game, shouldn't you know that Rifles can't naturally get 2x 1919s anymore? But hey, you can always break out the math to prove me wrong, should be easy for someone like yourself.

1 year ago
    thedarkarmadillothedarkar… Posts: 5,806
    > @modelpainter said:
    > @1ncendiary_Rounds said:
    >
    > @modelpainter said:
    >
    > @1ncendiary_Rounds said:
    >
    > @modelpainter said:
    > kyle can you please consider buffing the M1 GARAND just because they have fast rate of fire dont make them a good infantry
    > their damage is weak and their accuracy bad
    > atleast buff their near accuracy so they would be more useful
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Now these are the types of people who I'd like to ask to show their player card. Chances are that you are a new player. Welcome. There is a general discussion section of the forum and also many great tutorials on YouTube on the basics of the game.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > let me make myself clear dont you dare treat me as a newbie i have 4k hour in this game and i know everything
    > and if say M1 garands are weak then i know something that you dont know
    > m1 garand deals 8 damage with max .71 accuracy at close barely enough to combat grenadeirs at close distance my rifleman got raped just now and he didnt even used any infantry bulletins what do you have to say about this
    >
    > rifleman must be buffed no questions ask its either that or a full nerf on ost and OKW pick your poision
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Am I allowed to laugh on this forum? If yes, then HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! 4k hours in the game and you still haven't appreciated how great riflemen are (well, until volks got stgs) then it's a L2P issue. Um what do u mean by a "FULL" nerf on Ost AND okw. Riflemen have never struggled vs grens. Volks just need a small nerf. And even right now, rifle can still hold their own vs volks but the margin for error is a bit smaller. Clearly, your "I know everything" attitude is preventing you from learning anything at all.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > o rly because even when i have 3 rifle bulletins my rifle cant win any engagement even at point blank range rifleman not great even if you give them double bar or double M1919s they cant win im not gonna argue with i know im right and that what that matters you just got lucky RNG on your engagements

Your double gunned rifles are losing to grens? If there is a red shield above your unit it means they are in a bad place, im 90% sure thats the ONLY way. Double gunned rifles will lose to grens ..
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

• © SEGA. SEGA, the SEGA logo, Relic Entertainment, the Relic Entertainment logo, Company of Heroes and the Company of Heroes logo are either trademarks or registered trademarks of SEGA Holdings Co., Ltd. or its affiliates. All rights reserved. SEGA is registered in the US Patent and Trademark Office. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.