LazarusLazarus Posts: 4,032

@modelpainter said:

@1ncendiary_Rounds said:

@modelpainter said:

@1ncendiary_Rounds said:

@modelpainter said:

@1ncendiary_Rounds said:

@modelpainter said:
    kyle can you please consider buffing the M1 GARAND just because they have fast rate of fire dont make them a good infantry
    their damage is weak and their accuracy bad
    atleast buff their near accuracy so they would be more useful

Now these are the types of people who I'd like to ask to show their player card. Chances are that you are a new player. Welcome. There is a general discussion section of the forum and also many great tutorials on YouTube on the basics of the game.

let me make myself clear dont you dare treat me as a newbie i have 4k hour in this game and i know everything
    and if say M1 garands are weak then i know something that you dont know
    m1 garand deals 8 damage with max .71 accuracy at close barely enough to combat grenadeirs at close distance my rifleman got raped just now and he didnt even used any infantry bulletins what do you have to say about this

rifleman must be buffed no questions ask its either that or a full nerf on ost and OKW pick your poision

Am I allowed to laugh on this forum? If yes, then HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! 4k hours in the game and you still haven't appreciated how great riflemen are (well, until volks got stgs) then it's a L2P issue. Um what do u mean by a "FULL" nerf on Ost AND okw. Riflemen have never struggled vs grens. Volks just need a small nerf. And even right now, rifle can still hold their own vs volks but the margin for error is a bit smaller. Clearly, your "I know everything" attitude is preventing you from learning anything at all.

o rly because even when i have 3 rifle bulletins my rifle cant win any engagement even at point blank range rifleman not great even if you give them double bar or double M1919s they cant win im not gonna argue with i know im right and that what that matters you just got lucky RNG on your engagements

Well, I'm not sure what you're smoking then. Unless, you're facing inf with mp40 or all stgs, you should easily win the engagement.

compare the weapon stats KAR98K is superior to M1 garand in every way accuracy damage
    rifleman cant win do you know how many games i lost in one day because how weak rifleman are i lost 10 games in a row because my rifleman cant drop one member of a greanider squad before losing half their own men at point blank

Submit a replay and we'll tell you what you're doing wrong.

2 years ago
    ChardChard Posts: 127

Just curious. How many actual 3v3 or 4v4 games have been played in the fbp? I check every time I begin a session and there aren't any games to join 90% of the time, much less actual 3v3 or 4v4 games. So, how many?

2 years ago

Nerfing the Kubel is also nerfing OKW's 'official' anti-sniper unit. No more dives on retreating snipers. Not like it works in live game anyway,

2 years ago
    thedarkarmadillothedarkar… Posts: 5,822
    The problem with such a high armour, low cost unit is that its just So damn unpredictable. Couple that with the fact that you can inflict bleed without taking some and you have a terror unit.

Double kuble is a nasty thing, and after they do their bit and are not worth the micro (aside from harassment capping) they give you a 5 fuel rebate.

To put it bluntly a 210 mp unarmoured car shouldnt stand a chance (not even a little one) against 240 mainline (cons) or higher in a straight up shoot out, its like fucking SWS cheese from way back, when even quick teching a snare doesnt GUARANTEE its counter despite the bleed it could inflict.

Maybe if OKW started with volks i could see keeping the kuble as it, bit frankly they synergy for only a 210mp investment VASTLY outpaces anything any other faction can even begin to think about fielding
    2 years ago
    thekingsownthekingso… Posts: 447
    edited August 2017

I also don't see why kubel is getting made redundant yet the bren carrier and m8 utterly destroy it everytime and come just as early, but they are okay????

Even a Wehr tier 2 halftrack still loses to both of these tier 1 units.

2 years ago
    thekingsownthekingso… Posts: 447
    edited August 2017

@thedarkarmadillo said:
    The problem with such a high armour, low cost unit is that its just So damn unpredictable. Couple that with the fact that you can inflict bleed without taking some and you have a terror unit.

Double kuble is a nasty thing, and after they do their bit and are not worth the micro (aside from harassment capping) they give you a 5 fuel rebate.

To put it bluntly a 210 mp unarmoured car shouldnt stand a chance (not even a little one) against 240 mainline (cons) or higher in a straight up shoot out, its like fucking SWS cheese from way back, when even quick teching a snare doesnt GUARANTEE its counter despite the bleed it could inflict.

Maybe if OKW started with volks i could see keeping the kuble as it, bit frankly they synergy for only a 210mp investment VASTLY outpaces anything any other faction can even begin to think about fielding

By your logic a 280manpower and 30 fuel boffors should not be able to stand up to 2x Flak halfracks that cost 540 manpower and 110 fuel . But it does .. it will destroy them both flat out in a matter of seconds.

Or an Ostwind that costs 280manpower and 100 fuel which again.. the Ostwind will lose despite costing way more.

2 years ago
    @thekingsown eexcept i agree emplacments are OP, rather too durable (even the lowly 400mp mortar pit will survive a sturmtiger shot unbraced and up to 5 with brace if my math is correct)

The kuble has other advantages, like speed, capping and again no bleed, it shouldnt ALSO be a t0 tank. Ive seen them take on 2 con squads, which is a crazy run of RNG that should NOT be possible
    2 years ago

I think all Relic needs to do for the armor of the kubel is take the value halfway between the live version and FBP version. It's clear that they overnerfed it already just like so many other axis units (eg. ostwind, grens, pgrens) and jp4 is overpriced now too. Hence the pgrens were given their tiny buff and the buffs to the ostwind in this patch. Changing the Stug in this patch is questionable to say the least. But increasing the price of jp4 is unacceptable especially when its penetration is identical to a stug (which is unreliable against heavies) and is more expensive than most allied counterparts that can reliably pen axis heavies. Yet, Relic decides to ignore volks which is easily the biggest offender in the OKW for being op. If your putting penals back into a balanced position, it's fair to ask volks to get whatever nerfs are coming to it or else I'm afraid SU players are going to need to invent another cheese meta to deal with OKW. Same logic with stug nerfs. Stug nerf should = panther buff.

2 years ago
    VipperVipper Posts: 3,723

@Top_Haten1 said:
    @Vipper

Well it would be nice if you can explain firstly, what the current accuracy is (Come on I'm a noob and I really don't know) and secondly why the firefly needs this debuff anyway.

Please do explain, most people who are good at the game (Like you) usually have good reasons
    -Top Hat

You can find the stat in some site like this one:
    http://www.stat.coh2.hu/index.php

The current live accuracy of the firefly is 8%-7%-5%. That translates that a firefly firing on PZIV 4 has 0.05x22= 110% chance to hit a PZIV at max range (60). Since it also has 100% to penetrate it its simply to high chance to damage the unit.

Tds with high penetration need to have low accuracy so that they do not make medium tanks completely obsolete.

2 years ago
    moremegamoremega REDWOOD CITY CA USAPosts: 229
    edited August 2017

Why isn't anyone concerned with how op su76's are right now? A cheap spamable TD shouldn't be able to penetrate heavy and tear 3 armor. Stugs got nerfed so one would assume SU76 would get nerfed as well.

2 years ago
    @raulmagana121707
    The su76 should pen t3 armour otherwise its back to countering a 222. All that is neccesary is a pen reduction so it stays effective vs medium armour and less so vs heavies. The su85 should handle the t4 armour.

The su76 has range and price over the stug. Pen is pretty close but most allied mediums have less armour. The stug has the rest over the su76. That why its cheaper.
    2 years ago
    VipperVipper Posts: 3,723
    edited August 2017

Su-76 has ridiculous low XP value and very strong vet bonuses.

Its penetration should also go down.

2 years ago

here is a tought i had in my mind for some time about the soviets

for me soviets lacking in few departments first is infantry perhaps

while penals are undoubtly good they are too expensive to be viable when you look into it from a certain point of view they are the most expensive basic infantry squad that obviously very good when you use em properly but penals being like this autmoaticly makes conscripts worthless as of right now penals also got sticky satchel

so here is an idea

a replacment unit for conscipts

called strelky for those who dont know strelky is the standard infantry unit but often very underratted of the soviet army

they should cost somewhere around 270 MP with USF rifleman weapon performance minus the rate of fire with an upgrade called red banner strelky which grants a red flag 5 PPSH 41s and F1 frags

with conscripts becoming a off map call in with a long cooldown in between to prevent conscripts flooding the map

and there is the T34
    85 MM gun should be a tank specific upgrade instead of a doctrinal tank to give more late game options to tackle
    armor
    what do you think

2 years ago
    @raulmagana121707 i reckon it fights t3 armour because the t70 isnt terribly effective against the panzer 4
    2 years ago

Now remove the STG-upgrade for Volks and make Molotov non-tech.

2 years ago

I think the modders need to give the stug 60 range, but remove target weak point. Ostheer have issues when fighting tank destroyers. However, they should balance this by making them terrible vs heavies. You can go elephant or cas, but that gets boring after awhile. If needed, the Stug's rate of fire could be adjusted if it is too powerful.

2 years ago
    ChardChard Posts: 127

So I'll ask again. How many actual 3v3 or 4v4 games have been played in FBP? Is anyone getting into games of this size recently (no, cpu matches don't count.) I can't find any.

2 years ago
    WiderstreitWiderstre… Posts: 950
    edited August 2017

@Chard schrieb:
    So I'll ask again. How many actual 3v3 or 4v4 games have been played in FBP? Is anyone getting into games of this size recently (no, cpu matches don't count.) I can't find any.

You need own mates, randoms are all complete noobs. I had one 3vs3 and four 2vs2. Two as Soviet and one as Ost and Okw.

My feedback:

-MG42 is still OP in T0, has to be changed with MG34.
    -Volks are still OP because of their STG44.
    -Jackson and Firefly are too accurate, they need same stats as Panther.
    -AT-grenades are still more effective as Faust because they have rebound-damage.

there is much more... but without being in the balance team...

2 years ago

@Widerstreit said:

My feedback:

Uh the only difference between the two are just damage. Grens can't do much on their own unlike volks.

2 years ago
    edited August 2017
    @1ncendiary_Rounds it's the way you can spam them in late-game without any resource-booding + their vet. Soviets have hard time to deal with that no-brainer.

You don't need a Mg-42 at minute one. The rate of suppression is nonsense. Just give them Mg-34 and buff the Grens to be allowed to upgrade lmg and g43.

Remove the (splat)bounce-damage of allii At-grenades, that isn't ok.
    2 years ago
    The fuck is splat damage?
    2 years ago
    LazarusLazarus Posts: 4,032

It's the damage you get when you jump off a 10 story building

2 years ago
    edited August 2017
    @thedarkarmadillo OK, splat-damage is wrong. I mean this damage you get also if it bounces. Faust doesn't have it, AT-grenades have it. That is unfair, because they are much more effective if you compare them in a direct test. Faust can bounce complete, soviet AT-grenade can't.

Edit: Balance-team. Can you please get all ground-hit-animation in line with their effect? There is no reason why Jackson and Firefly use that huge explosion, give them same as Panther.

Also Panzererfer used shrapnel, give it Ai-mine effect, looks WAY better.
    2 years ago
    SquishyMuffinSquishyMu… Posts: 434
    edited August 2017

@1ncendiary_Rounds said:

@Widerstreit said:

My feedback:

Uh the only difference between the two are just damage. Grens can't do much on their own unlike volks.

I swear I saw a video showing the MG34 to be better because the crew have Kar98's, whereas its successor has weak Mp40's (seriously why do they not perform like Thompsons in this game :S )

2 years ago
    edited August 2017

@SquishyMuffin The Volk-crew of MG-34 are removed in the mod, they got now worse K98k.

The MP40 of the Ost-crews are the worst guns of the hole game. They will kill nothing, never and ever. So MP40 looks simply bad. Here is the next thing I hate so much... can you please give Ost-weapon-crews same K98k as Okw instead of the old MP40? MP40 was a genius machine-pistol, stop destroying its image.

• One wish, can you make a 5th men upgrade-able with MP40 as Sturmführer for the Grenadier-squad in T2, so they get more resistant?

• Some love for Osttruppen too, give them sand-bags instead of that stupid trench.

2 years ago
    SkysTheLimitSkysTheLi… Posts: 2,268
    edited August 2017

@SquishyMuffin said:
    (seriously why do they not perform like Thompsons in this game :S )

Because none of the squads with mp40s require a munitions upgrade to equip them. Meanwhile thompsons are 90 muni and are only available to 380 and 400 mp squads (not including the lone officer models).

As for historical relevance, who cares? The "image of the mp40" could not be more unimportant in the current state of the game for all the balance concerns we have. I don't see any of you being concerned about the "image of the ISU-152" which in real life didn't need to switch shells to knock the living hell out of heavy armor...

2 years ago
    @widespace from your own post 11 months ago:

Faust:
    Damage 100
    Pen 140/150/160
    deflection-damage 0,45

Deflected damage = 45

RPG_43:
    Damage 100
    Pen 100/100/100
    deflection-damage 0,8

Deflected damage = 80

Both deal deflection damage, the difference in damage doesnt actually really matter because 35 health wont mean the difference between life and death on anything that could bounce a snare

Also if you think crew mp40s are bad just remember that partisans used to LOSE to them....
    2 years ago
    @thedarkarmadillo it depends IF it will damage engine or not. And there is a huge difference.
    2 years ago
    edited August 2017

@TheLeveler83 said:
    @raulmagana121707
    The su76 should pen t3 armour otherwise its back to countering a 222. All that is neccesary is a pen reduction so it stays effective vs medium armour and less so vs heavies. The su85 should handle the t4 armour.

The su76 has range and price over the stug. Pen is pretty close but most allied mediums have less armour. The stug has the rest over the su76. That why its cheaper.

then it should be a crap ton less easy to spam because then it makes su 85 redundant. I don't care about stugs nerf them too. their ruining the game.

2 years ago
    edited August 2017

@thedarkarmadillo said:
    @raulmagana121707 i reckon it fights t3 armour because the su76 isnt terribly effective against the panther.

Ok armadillo how would you counter su76 spam without a stug. I'm pretty sure you can agree t3 is useless. By the time you get a panther they will win the game.

This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

• © SEGA. SEGA, the SEGA logo, Relic Entertainment, the Relic Entertainment logo, Company of Heroes and the Company of Heroes logo are either trademarks or registered trademarks of SEGA Holdings Co., Ltd. or its affiliates. All rights reserved. SEGA is registered in the US Patent and Trademark Office. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.