Final CoH2 Content Ideas

1 year ago
RoastinGhostRoastinGh… Posts: 25
edited November 2017 in Wishlist

It seems that CoH2's development is winding down, and Relic has its sights on CoH3 for the future. Do you guys think there should be one last bit of content released to wrap up the game?

My idea is for USF and OKW commanders that are themed around the last days of the war.

USF Strategic Advance/Leading Element Company-
0- Jeep w/.30 cal, performs like kubelwagen/CoH1 jeep. For capture/scouting.
0- Sherman Easy 8
3- Final Push; 80mu, Infantry capture points faster, take less damage in friendly territory.
4- Supply drop: similar to the ability in Wehr CAS doctrine (OR 12cp Strafing Support like UKF if that's OP).
6- Strafing Run

OKW Last Ditch/Final Struggle Doctrine-
1- Early Warning
1- Substitute Standard; volk "upgrade". -50mp, 30mu, +12.5% Received Acc, -5 reinf. cost, -20% reinf time, -1 pop. Gives 1-3 Volkssturmgewehr rifles (1 slot) for slightly better mid-long range performance.
3- Recoup Losses
4/5- Sdkfz 250 w/Obersoldaten. They are equipped with strong close-range weapons (3x MP40, for instance).
8- Mixed Artillery: Fire a mix of shells from various weapons. Some large shells, some incendiary.

What are your ideas?

Comments

1 year ago
    BaálthazorBaálthazor The shoreline by the river Styx.Posts: 1,092
    I'm not sure I'd like Relic to pump resources into creating new content instead of balancing the current, that all depends on how much they are able to dedicate to the game.(Which ofc is info we are not privy to)

But I do like your proposals. Usually the commander suggestions I see(for both axis and allies)are some seriously imbalanced shite, but your suggestions actually look pretty damn solid :)
    1 year ago
    XlossXloss Posts: 235

@RoastinGhost said:
    It seems that CoH2's development is winding down, and Relic has its sights on CoH3 for the future. Do you guys think there should be one last bit of content released to wrap up the game?

My idea is for USF and OKW commanders that are themed around the last days of the war.

USF Strategic Advance/Leading Element Company-
    0- Jeep w/.30 cal, performs like kubelwagen/CoH1 jeep. For capture/scouting.
    0- Sherman Easy 8
    3- Final Push; 80mu, Infantry capture points faster, take less damage in friendly territory.
    4- Supply drop: similar to the ability in Wehr CAS doctrine (OR 12cp Strafing Support like UKF if that's OP).
    6- Strafing Run

OKW Last Ditch/Final Struggle Doctrine-
    1- Early Warning
    1- Substitute Standard; volk "upgrade". -50mp, 30mu, +12.5% Received Acc, -5 reinf. cost, -20% reinf time, -1 pop. Gives 1-3 Volkssturmgewehr rifles (1 slot) for slightly better mid-long range performance.
    3- Recoup Losses
    4/5- Sdkfz 250 w/Obersoldaten. They are equipped with strong close-range weapons (3x MP40, for instance).
    8- Mixed Artillery: Fire a mix of shells from various weapons. Some large shells, some incendiary.

What are your ideas?

Sherman Easy 8 change it to Sherman Jumbo.

Don't know about the Substitute Standard, The MP and Pop cost make it unbalanced to other INF maybe the osttruppen call in at 0 CP. Of course that have different weapon upgrade. i think they need osttruppen coz they are originally from west right?

4/5- Sdkfz 250 w/Obersoldaten. Knight Cross!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! from COH. I missed them so much. Also they got a cool uniform. Cool Uniform makes them stronk. Don't ever forget coolness.

1 year ago

Thanks, Baálthazor! That means a lot to me. And I absolutely agree that balanced content is better than more content, if you have to choose.

Xloss- I was trying to keep the number of new assets down, but sherman jumbo and knights cross are cool.
    For the substitute standard, the received accuracy penalty is actually bigger than conscripts' (12.5% vs 8.75%). It's mutually exclusive with the StG-44 upgrade, but they'll still end up with more firepower than conscripts. Along with the smaller squad size, they're more of a glass cannon-type unit.
    Osttruppen means "east soldiers" and they're based on Russian volunteers. I wanted the weak infantry to work more like the real-life Volkssturm, which would be a pretty confusing name for an OKW unit! lol

1 year ago

Not to necro my own thread, but I made my idea into a mod!

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1244320542&searchtext=

1 year ago

Need the Jeep for Airborne forces (especially British).
    Scout cars like the Dingo or Humber Light Recce Car would also be good.
    Bridging or boats?
    Sdkfz 251 halftrack with 75mm gun or engineers.
    British or american trucks.
    Replace mobile HQ (Dodge weapons carrier) with a Halftrack or White Scout Car.
    Carriers and other transports able to carry mortars, HMGs and maybe tow guns!

I can dream!!!!!!!