December Commander Revamp Feedback Thread

1235»

Comments

3 years ago
    Mr_SmithMr_Smith Posts: 343

@Katitof said:

@Mr_Smith said:

@Xloss said:
    We need to change the WC51 vets that will go with its new role/ability.

Vet 1 the same + Auto attack range (not sure about this one really)

Vet 2 acceleration/rotation speed + readjust/reduction the vanilla vet for the new Barrage Ability

It need speed for it to survive AT gun fires specially with the long range TD at late game
             It will die to PGrenz dual shreck

Vet 3 barrage range increase + readjust/reduce the vanilla vet for the new Barrage Ability)

Needed super late game where tanks roam.

Can't recommend to add sight range increase on it, that would be over powered with the barrage combo.

While your suggestions about tweaking WC-51 veterancy are excellent, there is the issue that WC-51 can't attain veterancy reliably due to its fixed-arc MG.

The obvious solution here would be add shared veterancy. Unfortunately, due to the way USF vehicle crew mechanic works, shared veterancy doesn't transfer to the crew, and you would end up losing XP levels every time you would decrew the vehicle. This is why we tried to bundle all essential WC-related stats to Vet0 (super-mobility, good long-range DPS, and some utility-oriented abilities).

Otherwise, we would have gladly implemented the veterancy bonuses you recommend.

If fixed weapon is an obstacle in obtaining vet, why not lower vet requirements then?

M3 and Kubel suffer same fate with both being completely unable to vet on their own.

All 3 of them have a very short window of opportunity and aren't exactly hard to counter from get go, so they might've just as well vet faster then others.

M3 and Kubel could easily benefit from shared veterancy. That's because they don't have the decrew mechanic. The only issue is scope and prioritising what's important/low-risk over what's trivial/high-risk.

Since WC-51 attaining experience is such hit-or-miss, which we can't really fix, we went the way of giving it the essential bonuses on Vet0.

@Lnk003 said:
    Feuersturm Doctrine

I don't really get why you keep the call-in hetzer. Since it's buildable from hq as well it is just weird compared to other commander where it would be a passive ability Don't know if it's intended or not.
    I think that assault package and incendiary munitions could be merged and free one slot for another ability, it's a bit limitative since it only apply to leigs
    It would be nice to update the opel truck description to know it reduce cooldown before you summont in. Currently the description tells you it reinforce and "supply munition", this last part being a bit vague and the 2nd part of the description says "new unit"

The hetzer call-in is a bug. It was intended to be a passive abiilty that indicates that you need to build it from the HQ.

3 years ago
    I dont think fusiliiers SHOULD be an elite force, light infantry is something lacking in the game, quick cap/decap is fantastic, and you have obers to fill heavy AI duties. The idea is to mix it up, not spam volks or spam fussies if you pick that commander.
    3 years ago

I see your point, but with that nerf, I see no reason to go with fusilier, the volks seem more reliable for its price. And in case I want something better I go straight to Obers. I liked them because they seemed to be a middle ground in cost efficiency mainly in the occasion I could not go to t4. The capture bonus does not seem to be enough to compensate the other nerfs. I do not care about them being a bit bad on vet 0, but taking out the vet bonuses like this seems to me too much.
    Obviously I'm not even close to a high level player, but for my game they seem to lose their purpose at their cost.

3 years ago
    JedorJedor Posts: 2

So is American Mechanized supposed to have Raid, then? It wasn't mentioned in the original patch notes that they should or fixed in the 1.7 update, so I'm not sure if it was a bug anymore.

But taking away withdraw and retrofit feels like it takes away a lot of the commander's original flavor, the ability to pull back units that are losing their usefulness. In particular with the jeep, as now it feels like it's being given very odd and unfitting abilities to make up for that fact.

3 years ago
    KatitofKatitof Posts: 6,681

Why Valiant Assault was bolstered to 45 seconds, but For Mother Russia still remained at 30 sec, when its the exact same ability right now?

3 years ago

@Katitof said:
    Why Valiant Assault was bolstered to 45 seconds, but For Mother Russia still remained at 30 sec, when its the exact same ability right now?

Because valiant assault is NOT the same. It doesn't give troops a durability bonus like what For mother rus gives.

3 years ago
    moremegamoremega REDWOOD CITY CA USAPosts: 229
    edited December 2017

Who in their right mind will chose lousy volk gren assault package over 2 stgs and fire grenade?! Use your head and think, mp 40's were outdated by the end of the war. Switch mp40 w/ all stg44's b/c crap Wehrmacht pio weapon is garbage, and make model 24 a 15 muni barrage ability. You might need to adjust volk dmg output for balance but pls don't throw volks under the bus by not fixing this.

3 years ago

@1ncendiary_Rounds said:

@Katitof said:

Because valiant assault is NOT the same. It doesn't give troops a durability bonus like what For mother rus gives.

Re-read patch notes.
    All of them.

3 years ago
    edited December 2017

@Musti said:

Switch mp40 w/ all stg44's

Because a cheap 5 man squad with STGs and smoke grenades would surely be Balanced™

@raulmagana121707
    b/c crap Wehrmacht pio weapon is garbage, and make model 24 a 15 muni barrage ability.

They don't get Pioneer weapons, MP40 volks get has a different weapon profile, and yeah, 15 muni grenade, why the hell not? XD

Ok well what if you could combine both stg upgrade and assault package into one so volks don't lose any short range firepower. So my proposal would be 2 stg's, 3 mp40s, smoke, and model 24 barrage grenades.

3 years ago

@raulmagana121707 said:

@Musti said:

Because a cheap 5 man squad with STGs and smoke grenades would surely be Balanced™

@raulmagana121707
    b/c crap Wehrmacht pio weapon is garbage, and make model 24 a 15 muni barrage ability.

They don't get Pioneer weapons, MP40 volks get has a different weapon profile, and yeah, 15 muni grenade, why the hell not? XD

Ok well what if you could combine both stg upgrade and assault package into one so volks don't lose any short range firepower. So my proposal would be 2 stg's, 3 mp40s, smoke, and model 24 barrage grenades.

What are you even talking about? Volks are NOT losing any short range firepower with MP40s, they are GAINING it massively.

3 years ago

As of 1.8:

In General - Pretty much love this patch! A couple of things though:

OKW - Hetzer nerf is nonesense. There was barely any reason to build it as it was, now even less. Do worry about the buffed Flak emplacement being a bit too cheap for it's performance.
    Earlier Panzerfusilier nerf might have been excessive.

OST - Still needs something to make T4 worth teching. Even with the lower costs, there's simply not enough reason to go there, since it doesn't provide much (even more now with the Panther nerfs). A 5th man upgrade for Grens would make the teching worthwhile, and come at a point in late-game where squad numbers count even more due to all the HE shells flying around easily wiping full vet3 4 man squads... This is a problem none of the starter inf of any other faction has.
    Osttruppen I haven't tried since 1.7, but I feel I can still make them work even with the changes. Forum seems to disagree though...

SOV - Seems to be in a good position, maybe some Guards tweaks? They don't feel really "elite" atm.

USF - Like the feel, Recon Doctrine is very nice atm. Airborne Squads could get a bit better as "elite inf" though. Maybe a received accuracy bonus?

BRIT - I feel infiltration Commandos are finally in a good spot, not to strong until reinforced and not to expensive to call in.

3 years ago
    SkysTheLimitSkysTheLi… Posts: 2,271
    edited December 2017

@Pipoka_87 said:
    OKW - Hetzer nerf is nonesense. There was barely any reason to build it as it was, now even less. Do worry about the buffed Flak emplacement being a bit too cheap for it's performance.

Well it's not a nerf. Towning down the initital buffs to something still leaves it getting buffed. As of right now the patch version still has more range and health, a longer burst duration, and its population and fuel cost are lower vs the live version.

3 years ago
    SentinelZeroSentinelZ… Posts: 7
    edited December 2017

Before you folks finalize the patch. Do you think you might look at the Sd.Kfz. 250/1 halftrack found on the German Mechanized Doctrine and the German Mechanized Assault Doctrine. Maybe add a pintle mount MG34 , reinforcement. reinforcement similiar to what you done with the USF M3 Assault Group halftrack. For the germans this is already a 3 CP call-in... except it has no utility. Cost increase as you feel is applicable. Just please give this iconic vehicle some needed changes. Keep up the great work. And keep in mind this unit will only carry one squad (Im cool with that).

3 years ago

You said you were improving the performance of the Tank Hunter Tactics by giving it the ML-20 howitzer. Honestly, I don't think it's a good tank hunter, and it's not a good choice for the late game. I'd rather you gave the doctrine the mark vehicle ability or some good AT vehicle like 34-85 or ISU (having camo on it would make a better AT option than an ordinary ISU) or some kind of an AP ISU with stats of the Elephant and without camo. Or at least give it the B4 with it's direct fire ability.

3 years ago
    _Aqua__Aqua_ Posts: 1,951
    edited December 2017

@Boris_yeltsin said:
    You said you were improving the performance of the Tank Hunter Tactics by giving it the ML-20 howitzer. Honestly, I don't think it's a good tank hunter, and it's not a good choice for the late game. I'd rather you gave the doctrine the mark vehicle ability or some good AT vehicle like 34-85 or ISU (having camo on it would make a better AT option than an ordinary ISU) or some kind of an AP ISU with stats of the Elephant and without camo. Or at least give it the B4 with it's direct fire ability.

It works well with the ambush component. The original Dank Hunter Revamp was extremely passive and forces you to wait for your opponent to come and hope you're in the right place. The ML-20 works well because it forces your enemy's hand; they have to come deal with the ML-20 eventually and you can use the cannon's position to dictate where they can approach from and force the ambush. The B4 could do it, but I imagine time to balance the one-shot-wonder is something the balance team doesn't have. That and the ML-20 is a nice reliable option in a doctrine of otherwise situational choices.

3 years ago
    LazarusLazarus Posts: 4,096
    Just to expand on Aquas point - Soviet non-doctrinal breakthrough options are... somewhat limited in effectiveness. What they have is sufficient for fighting Ostheer and their bunkers but dislodging OKW trucks can be a bit tricky. Now all other assets in tank hunter are explicitly defensive options, whereas the ML20 give the doctrine something to smash a long term OKW position with.
    3 years ago

AND to add in, dont forget, when you get it to vet 1 you fire ONE whole extra shell!
    you might be thinking "hey, why can they lay flares with every infantry, thats OP"
    or possibly "AAAAAH that KV2 is capping territory! what do i do!"
    or maybe even "OMG this sniper and B4 are SOOOOOO much better now that they have removed their existing vet ability and just took an ability they used to have all the time and locked it behind vet! cause they couldnt think of anything else to put there"
    but THIIIIIIS is really killer, i dont know how they plan to balance around ONE. WHOLE. EXTRA. SHELL

(ALSO to add to this sarcastic rant, anybody else notice that direct fire, despite requiring vet, a clear line of sight, a long aim time, a narrow arc AND costing munitions can miss a static target?)

3 years ago
    _Aqua__Aqua_ Posts: 1,951

@thedarkarmadillo said:
    AND to add in, dont forget, when you get it to vet 1 you fire ONE whole extra shell!
    you might be thinking "hey, why can they lay flares with every infantry, thats OP"
    or possibly "AAAAAH that KV2 is capping territory! what do i do!"
    or maybe even "OMG this sniper and B4 are SOOOOOO much better now that they have removed their existing vet ability and just took an ability they used to have all the time and locked it behind vet! cause they couldnt think of anything else to put there"
    but THIIIIIIS is really killer, i dont know how they plan to balance around ONE. WHOLE. EXTRA. SHELL

We have found the Soviet faction overperforms in its role of fighting the Germans.
    -Soviet Faction removed
    -Soviet Faction replaced with flares

(ALSO to add to this sarcastic rant, anybody else notice that direct fire, despite requiring vet, a clear line of sight, a long aim time, a narrow arc AND costing munitions can miss a static target?)

Can't say I've noticed that, Yuri's usually too drunk to even start the ability most of the time.

3 years ago

Aqua said:
    Can't say I've noticed that, Yuri's usually too drunk to even start the ability most of the time.

unit i tried it on was an elefant, so i imagine smaller targets are more likley to miss than not (missed the elefant about 1/2 the time)

3 years ago
    edited December 2017

Oh you two silly gooses, don't you see that the beauty in all the arty changes was to finally make them into good looking field decorations, because not a single arty piece is capable of actually hitting target its shooting at, preventing all possibility of any kind of wipe of anything and that's the ultimate goal of every single non infantry change so far.

We can't have safe space with squad wipes and when your ear drums are the only things being threatened to, its all good.

3 years ago

guys why they say:
    Vehicle Crew Repair

• No longer drains munitions income by 50% per tank
    • Cost increased from 30 to 35
      yes it Cost increased from 30 to 35 but still drains munitions income by 50% per tank.
    3 years ago
    edited December 2017

@Katitof said:

@raulmagana121707 said:

@Musti said:

@raulmagana121707

What are you even talking about? Volks are NOT losing any short range firepower with MP40s, they are GAINING it massively.

dude I tried the mp40 upgrade and they suck, boring, SAD! If it was a generous upgrade you would be whining about how OP it is.

3 years ago
    Omid_HesamOmid_Hesam Islamic Republic of IRANPosts: 142

The commander revamp is really great!!!!
    The luftwaffe ground forces is the best okw commander now!
    The firestorm doctrine was useless to me but after revamp its fantastic again!!!

3 years ago

Is it normally what Forward Observation Post from British Tactical Support Regiment can't be designate repeatedly? If it is not so maybe fix it at last.

3 years ago

For the Brits the RE commander is now.... Utterly useless.

The AVRE isn't even worth calling in. Command vehicle could potentially be useful as the speed nerf has gone but it's rather deeply underwhelming. Vehicle repair only even potentially useful for Mk7s, which you'd have to be a gibbering idiot to use. Stand fast is utterly pointless as all emplacements are now merely targets and a complete waste of resources. You can still get some use out of a bofors but repairing it whilst mortars or leigs are on the field is just a waste. I quite like the smoke from the mortar pit but as with all of the emplacements it's basically crap.

Which simply leaves nothing to use.

Commando doctrine used to be rather epic on the right map. Mortar cover is still quite useful despite the nerf but the air superiority does the square root of. Only useful thing left is the Commandos themselves... Which are good. Can't say that they seem cheap despite the 110 manpower reduction but with the Mandos costing 390 the other abilities which help your mainline infantry don't really make sense. As the Brits all of your units are expensive so you can't really keep that many on the field. You wouldn't often step over a Bren and a half for assault often...

Overall it's one dimensional and meh. Spam commandos and try to find reasons to use the other abilities. Nice tank park sitting still? Air superiority might scratch their paint if they're asleep. Don't bother with it on a Shwerer though, they barely notice. Smoke raid quite useful against MG42 spam, not that you see much MG42 spam. Assault. Well.... Massive increase to the slow firing tommies moving accuracy.. Which even very slightly buffed is still woeful.

One always useful commander ruined and one situational commander made potentially more useful but distinctly dull.

On other stuff it's crap Colin. Might as well just get rid of emplacements and give us proper units instead as they're all awful. Deliberately awful. I'm not a fan of the playstyle anyway but at least they were usable if situational before. Course I had to try the brand new spanking 17pdr and yes it does lock down a bit of the map until predictably destroyed by IDF. With all emplacements though they're just coconuts in a coconut shy. And always were though now it's to the point of mick taking.

Fireflies are somewhat ruined... You always had to kite with them only now they don't hit jack when dived in on. Making the Panther even more untouchable, just what the game needed! Well done chaps, must have taken you all a while to think of a way to make the game even less playable for UKF.

Crusaders were just dive fodder for any Axis tank, and still are. Doesn't seem much better for clearing garrisons. Doesn't seem much better at all, still a waste. Tommies are still over priced and only useful with double Bren, though mills aren't quite as obscenely expensive as before. There's more infantry about to faust your AEC and the RE should really be named rear echelon rather than Royal Engineers as they can't be trusted anywhere near the front lines. Even heavy engineers, which seem to take an ice age to repair a Churchill if you're stupid enough to build one.

So as ever it doesn't leave much. Reading the aims of the patch notes reminds me a bit of Tony Blair saying he didn't invade Iraq.

Poor effort all round in my opinion.

2 years ago
    PastulioPastulio Posts: 2,060

Great revamp. Revamp all.

2 years ago
    HardyStyledHardyStyl… MoscowPosts: 24
    > @mekidon написал:
    > Is it normally what Forward Observation Post from British Tactical Support Regiment can't be designate repeatedly? If it is not so maybe fix it at last.

Can confirm this, after designating first FOP it becomes last, when trying to set new post, game tells you that you are unable to use this ability even after first FOP is destroyed. Also map icon of that post is bugged and is oversized in a center of the map. BTW lack of UI forces player to manually select building to use abilities which sometimes is very hard during heavy engagements.

And maybe command vehicle ability should be rebalanced to get aura working on teammates units too just like command p4. Even if it will get nerfed, that will be great for team games.