[OKW]1v1-2v2-3v3-4v4 Fuel Caches needed for OKW

3 years ago

Wellcome moderators,developers, everybody!

As u know every faction has caches expect OKW.
Why?
When the OKW released they was on the Westernfront late 1944-45 German Army.(WH-Waffen SS) when Germany khm..fu**ed up.
Then the developers thought they dont have resources so with shed tuning the germans can convert fuel or ammo.
But this skill is removed and only thing what is against is, how OKW now have 100% resource income.

So.
Summary:
Every faction has 100% resource income.
Every faction has caches expect OKW.
OKW dont have caches and lost his convert skill.

Solution:
OKW should have caches.

Thank u!

Comments

3 years ago
    KatitofKatitof Posts: 6,681
    edited November 2017

Whole OKW faction theme is elite force with limited resources.

You have elite force represented by vet5 and utility bonuses it provides.
    You have limited resources represented by increased fuel costs on medium and heavy armor and lack of caches.

Use allies and salvage for resources.
    OKW is NOT supposed to have spammable armor and caches fulfill just that role.

All factions have advantages and disadvantages, economy is disadvantage of OKW, literally everything else is an advantage.

The design of OKW disadvantage has changed, but not the principle of it.
    For that reason, OKW will never have caches - they were never supposed to have them, that's why OKW also does not have any economical doctrines.

If you can't cope with that, switch to ost.

3 years ago
    szolnok95szolnok95 Posts: 87
    edited November 2017

British has elit forces too. Comet was rare, commandos are elite.
    Still, they have caches.

3 years ago

British are completely different army working on completely different principles, they are supposed to literally be allied version of Ost with actual powerful armor in end game that does not require doctrine dedication.

What kind of units are in unit roster is completely irrelevant as I'm not talking about specific unit, but whole faction mechanics. Brits have strong but expensive and high pop units. OKW have whole army strong(vet5) and med and heavy armor expensive. Different armies, different principles.

3 years ago

True.
    But 5 vet ll not compensate against T-34/76 spam. :D

3 years ago
    Sneaky raketten ambushes supporting or supported by armour and inf can.

Just saw how effective those are even in the late game vs soviets.
    3 years ago

Always bounce from IS-2 :D

3 years ago

6 pounder, Zis, 57mm can penetrate KT :D in COH2 so RIP

3 years ago

OKW do not require fuel caches, but it really require munition ones. Or any other kind of manpower block of sectores, because 1v1 play depends on cutoffs and it is too ez for allied player to block his own cut-off point with cache and OKW hasn't got o simple kind of early counter.

3 years ago
    WiderstreitWiderstre… Posts: 950
    edited November 2017

@thedarkarmadillo
    @Katitof

Don't make fun about him. He is right in some things. The game is simply unpolished. The fractions and game-design are not made for multiplayer over 2vs2.

It is simply a spaming-game. Tiger needs several shots to destroy a PaK, T34 can one-shot the hole Crew some times. And that is on of
    thousand examples. But it depands which game-mode. 1vs1 or 4vs4.

3 years ago
    @Widerstreit RNG is RNG. one of the LEAST RNG tanks in the game is the KT, which making too easy to get (i.e. caches) would require heavily removing that. The game IS unpolished, but to their credit they are still working on fixing that but there are limitations
    3 years ago
    edited November 2017

@thedarkarmadillo Oh... the King-Tiger... I would make it a doctrine-unit to balance it better.

On one side elemental things are blocked behind commanders, but other things are non-doc nobodys is needing. Mostly these things are OP as hell and before to redesign the Commander we/relic is buffing/nerfing/destroying everything. xD

...the story of all Relic-games.

EDIT: I love asymmetric designs, but in CoH it sometimes become sad.

3 years ago
    Giving them caches and nixing the KT just make them a better ost then, up armoured p4, light vehicle play, better grens 5 levels of vet.... They further lose their identity and become a perma ost commander choice instead of its own faction
    3 years ago
    edited November 2017

And where is the problem? The fraction does not have to be 100% different, especially the Achse.

We can exaggerate the hypocrisy... also Ele is a better SU85, Panzer4 a slower T34 and StuG is a SU67 with more hp but less range. A tank stays a tank, only the blueprint matters. xD

You don't have to change everything, that is non-sence. What is the difference between OKW and OKO now? You see Volks are Grens + PzGren, Obers are Stormtroopers + Gren, King is Tiger + Panther, etc. Only the blueprint and the final-balance depends not if it uses same abilities.

A wheel stays a wheel.

3 years ago

The solution is to add non-doctrinal cargo truck, price would be in the manpower, the fuel and the population cap, it would not secure the point and adding +1 fuel and +2 ammo on normal point, +3 fuel on fuel point and +4 ammo on ammo point.

3 years ago

@Widerstreit said:
    It is simply a spaming-game. Tiger needs several shots to destroy a PaK, T34 can one-shot the hole Crew some times.

So we should add fuel caches to make the spamfest even more potent? IF anything their potency for other factions should be reduced (further beyond the cost nerf I mean) because there's no way in hell OKW should ever get them. The KTs existence being the biggest reason.

Unless of course we plan on giving everyone else a 6th commander ability regardless of doctrine choice... I think I'd prefer cache restrictions.

2 years ago
    GlitshyGlitshy Posts: 22
    edited December 2017

I'd agree with the argument that OKW is supposed to be a resource starved and that's why they don't have caches. Problem is: Team games. Because when OKW has a wehr teammate it all goes out of the window. The only difference it then makes is that the OKW player can't contribute to the price of the caches, so the wehr player has to pay all the manpower. In a 3v3 or 4v4 scenario with only 1 OKW player each it is very likely that every sector is upgraded with a cache anyways.
    The only argument so far I can agree with is that it would impact 1v1 games, so how about allowing OKW to build caches ONLY with a wehr teammate present?

2 years ago

@Glitshy said:
    I'd agree with the argument that OKW is supposed to be a resource starved and that's why they don't have caches. Problem is: Team games. Because when OKW has a wehr teammate it all goes out of the window. The only difference it then makes is that the OKW player can't contribute to the price of the caches, so the wehr player has to pay all the manpower. In a 3v3 or 4v4 scenario with only 1 OKW player each it is very likely that every sector is upgraded with a cache anyways.
    The only argument so far I can agree with is that it would impact 1v1 games, so how about allowing OKW to build caches ONLY with a wehr teammate present?

Faction synergies and what these factions should have on their own are 2 completely different issues.

Sure, OKW does not have caches, nor should it, but wehr can build you some in team games.
    Sure, soviets don't have weapon upgrades, but Brits are happy to share.

But its still wehr and UKF who needs to pay for these from their own economy, because that's how its supposed to work.
    Yes, others in team games can benefit from that, but it does not mean they should inherit the ability to own it themselves.

The argument is defending cut-offs in 1v1? Well then, place a forward truck there, mine of off, wire it off, hell now OKW will have THE BEST defenses with new AA emplacement buffs.

2 years ago

The argument is defending cut-offs in 1v1? Well then, place a forward truck there, mine of off, wire it off, hell now OKW will have THE BEST defenses with new AA emplacement buffs.

Forward truck does not close the point like vet3 major. Mine can be countered easily (with price of this mine, sweeper cost like sm42) when cache requires AT weapon, satchel/gammon bomb/other heavy explosive or mortar or a REALLY long time to kill it with rifle fire.
    Flak emplacement still have immobile crew and has no bracing, it still be useless.
    So muni cache. With incoming OKW infantry nerfs when volks STG upgrade is no longer underpriced and ober weapon upgrade new price they deserve to have it.

2 years ago
    They dont desorve to have it actually, as long as they retain a heavy tank they shouldnt be able to bolster their resources.
    That includes munitions BECAUSE they have abilities designed around not being able to use them every second its off cooldown and only allowing munitions caches meams they will be SWIMMING in muntions. Like SWIMMING. why bother with the med truck upgrade if i can heal 3 squads with 30 seconds muni income off sturm pios? Oh hello fortifications doctrine, nice smine fields all over covering the flanks of ALLL those mg bunkers. Fortifications arty? Again!?! Thats the 5th time this match!....

At most (actually what i would LIKE to see) is an upgrade in the hq that lets trucks increase yield from DEDICATED points only (all3 trucks) non stacking. Itll be stronger on poorly designed maps with the uncontested fuel but a fair balance i think. Maybe even bar trucks from settleing in the same sector to prevent such a strong point on uncontested fuels and the like.

Theres ways to do it while still limiting the gain, caches imo are out however
    2 years ago

@thedarkarmadillo написал:
    They dont desorve to have it actually, as long as they retain a heavy tank they shouldnt be able to bolster their resources.
    That includes munitions BECAUSE they have abilities designed around not being able to use them every second its off cooldown and only allowing munitions caches meams they will be SWIMMING in muntions.

Every faction has strong muni-dependent abilities what must be unable to spam. Howewer, every faction except OKW can do it by them own without support of team.

Like SWIMMING. why bother with the med truck upgrade if i can heal 3 squads with 30 seconds muni

Sturmpios has a cooldown to prevent this. And UKF for example can purchase free healing for all the game anywhere where IS is for the same number of muni. Even better version and caches are allowed.

Oh hello fortifications doctrine, nice smine fields all over covering the flanks of ALLL those mg bunkers. Fortifications arty? Again!?! Thats the 5th time this match!....

U are speaking like mine spam is a strong side of OKW (this is a property of a side what has no property, slava Sovetskomu Soyuzu) and u cannot have sweepers. And this creepy fortification arty, is it that thing what falls from the sky for 300 muni, cannot be counntered by AA and require only 1 second recon? Wait, oh shi... Also, "Air supremacy" can be boosted with munitions to have it always ready to kick some asses. Unstoppable tulip fire, brenblobs...Shall i continue? Guess u understand me. Every damn faction in this game has strong muni-dependent abilities, only OKw cannot boost their number.

At most (actually what i would LIKE to see) is an upgrade in the hq that lets trucks increase yield from DEDICATED points only (all3 trucks) non stacking. Itll be stronger on poorly designed maps with the uncontested fuel but a fair balance i think.

So here we got a med.truck on 1 fuel point with all infantry and support weapons and Schwere on another supported by few rw43s, multiple halftracks boost guel income like crazy and u receive just that what we all don't want to see: OKW vehicle spam. Even "better" if u allow all of HTs boost the same point.

2 years ago
    GrittleGrittle Posts: 993

I would love to see even more 15 min KT rushes

2 years ago
    moremegamoremega REDWOOD CITY CA USAPosts: 229

@szolnok95 said:
    Wellcome moderators,developers, everybody!

As u know every faction has caches expect OKW.
    Why?
    When the OKW released they was on the Westernfront late 1944-45 German Army.(WH-Waffen SS) when Germany khm..fu**ed up.
    Then the developers thought they dont have resources so with shed tuning the germans can convert fuel or ammo.
    But this skill is removed and only thing what is against is, how OKW now have 100% resource income.

So.
    Summary:
    Every faction has 100% resource income.
    Every faction has caches expect OKW.
    OKW dont have caches and lost his convert skill.

Solution:
    OKW should have caches.

Thank u!

I agree but ally fan boys will never come to the bargaining table about this.

2 years ago
    If axis fanboys drop the non doc kt id be willing too discuss it. That and make kubel cost at least some fuel.

Besides being the only faction with a non doc heavy. They also are the only ones with non doc stealth on vehicles and at guns.

So yes i agree that they lack something other faction get.
    2 years ago
    BaálthazorBaálthazor The shoreline by the river Styx.Posts: 1,092
    edited December 2017

New years eve in an old vet's home...(Afghanistan, Iraq and several countires in Africa!!!)
    Liying under the kitchen table with my three cats, two dogs and 11 chickens thinking;

How come I think that the only one on this forum who will atually get this is @Rommel654

HAPPY FUCKING NEW YEAR, ALL!!!

2 years ago
    PastulioPastulio Posts: 2,060

Resoursce transfer