NEW BRITISH COMMANDER 2018

8 months ago

Hey Relic and fellow CoHcaine addicts: I've put some thought into a new commander for The British Forces due to Relic adding a new commander to each faction at the end of 2018.
So after some brainstorming and tweeking of my own I present..

BULL HORN OPERATIONS REGIMENT

The Bull Horn Operations Regiment incorporates a mix of infantry and support units to soften heavily defended targets and disrupt the enemies back line. With a focus on fire support and Guerrilla Warfare tactics utilise powerful auxiliary units and elite infantry from the homeland to cut off, clear and destroy enemy lines and positions.

2CP - 81MM MORTAR SQUAD
An exact equivalent to the USF mortar squad however this unit is an offmap call-in unit and should cost more for that
reason, say 300MP.

2CP - TANK HUNTER INFANTRY SECTION
Tank Hunter Infantry Sections can be deployed. They are equipped with Boys AT Rifles and can detect nearby vehicles. They
also have access to anti-vehicle HEAT grenades.

3CP - INFILTRATION COMMANDOS
Elite infiltration troops who are experts at disrupting enemy supply lines. Infiltration Commandos can be deployed from any
ambient building.

6CP - VEHICLE CREW REPAIRS
Target damaged vehicle will stop and be rapidly repaired by its crew. The vehicle will be covered by a smoke barrage while
repairing.

9CP - M7B1 'PRIEST' HOWITZER MOTOR CARRIAGE
Deploy a M7B1 'Priest' Howitzer Motor Carriage. This mobile artillery unit is effective against static positions from range.

Comments

8 months ago
    gydh56gydh56 Posts: 71

I think having two elite infantry squads will be unnecessary. Perhaps at infantry sections or commandos should be replaced by something else, so thatboth call-ins can be used.

8 months ago
    MipMip Posts: 5

Maybe trade Tank Hunters for Smoke Raid Operation?

8 months ago

That would definitely work.

8 months ago

Ill think about it. TY for feedback.

8 months ago
    CormacsmCormacsm Posts: 4

maybe think about having the commandos having the ability to upgrade to anti tank to get rid of the two elite squad issue.

8 months ago
    NapoqeNapoqe Posts: 47

Some suggestions for your suggestion.

Replace Tank Hunter Infantry Section by Commandos squad, with 3 people carrying PIAT and AT grenade. This Commandos can be deployed from any ambient building. Thus, these commandos will surprise the opposing player. Destroying their half-tracks, tanks and quickly their caches.
    Replace Vehicle Crew Repairs with commander skill that releases to the commandos squad, to update with flamethrower. One more terror for the opposing player. Garrison and heavy cover, will not be enough to defeat the commandos.

8 months ago

Shit Im gald everyone thinks this doc is a viable option. Honestly I was really wanting to get a flexible doctrine that could work in 1v1 and up to 4v4.. Ultimately what Im looking for is to make the Brits more self-reliant in terms of decent artillery and AT capacity. Liking all suggestions at the moment.

8 months ago
    DarjeelingMK7Darjeelin… Posts: 221
    I think we can replace 81mm mortar team by US mortar haft track at 3 or 4 CP and eplace tank hunter IS by Assault or Smoke Raid operation.
    8 months ago
    The point of giving UKF a mobile indirect fire is nice and i think mortar HT will bring it further.
    8 months ago

I think a mortar halftrack doesn't really make sense. Mortars are just fine, and the British will have trouble spending fuel on something other than a tank, especially when a land mattress costs only like 50 fuel. A lack of snare can make it hard to deal with tanks without your own tanks, as an enemy has to run into a mine or be a light vehicle that gets engine damage from a sniper for you to kill the tank.

8 months ago
    How about keeping tank hunter IS so we can get mortar HT ?
    8 months ago
    Also, with mortar HT, we can replace the M7 with some ability like air support
    8 months ago
    NapoqeNapoqe Posts: 47

No, let mortar not half-track as skill. If not I think I will stay imba. Because the half-track mortars can move while they are attacking, along with the tank hunter, it will be easy to escape until tank medium, tank hunter will give some hits and then they will throw the AT grenade at the small tank, medium, and other vehicles to slow their movement, then half-track would have escaped.

8 months ago
    Same as wher' mortar HT and fauzt, i dont thinh it will be that much of OP.
    Spam too much Ht will seriously delay UKF's tech up so you can rush medium tank fist.
    8 months ago
    mariomario Posts: 6
    edited July 2018

I thought the British lack this