Soviet Breakthrough Tactic (new commander)

1 year ago

Hello
I would like to propse the new commander for upcoming update (sry for my eng)

• 0 CP- Flamethrowers for Penal batalions.
    Unique and strong, this ability should boost early game assaults, give SU trump against early spam. Also, once purchased, lock anti armor package.

• 2 CP- HM-38 120mm Mortar.
    Mortar provides necessary help while storming enemy positions. Destroys MG 42 nests or blind them with smoke and force enemy infantry out of heavy cover.

• 4 CP- Allied Supply Drop (I like to write ,,tank desant'' but there is no such aviable :/).
    Allow to spend ammunition to build tanks, but cost, risk and time enforce thoughtful use.

• 8 CP- Mark Target (or CP- 12 IL-2 Sturmovik Attacks).
    Both allow to spend ammunition in late game and provide very good support, but mark target benefits against heavy armor, which can snipe down or drown Allies tanks.

• 13 CP- IS-2 Heavy Tank.
    Comes earlier and fills a different role than ISU-152, thats why i decided to choose it. Good armor allow to tear apart heavy resistance like PaKs and bunkers, while maintaining good anti tank properties.

Overall, new tactic give us access to brutal start, encourage player to push forward in early game, rely on standard reinforcements and abilities in mid game while unrest full potential in later stages. This fills the gap that Union has in early and later game, yet retains the agressive character plus gives old, but new, unique, flamethrower and combination of IS-2, Mark Target, fuel drop and HM-38 Mortar unseen before. Thanks for reading.

Comments

1 year ago
    gydh56gydh56 Posts: 71

I think this can be a strong commander. There will be a lot of munitions spending though, since you need lamers, mark target, and allied supply drop. There is also a lack of anti-tank. I propose allied supplied drop be replaced by guards, as this will add some at to counterbalance penals not being allowed to have their at package. Allied supply drop is also a rather weak ability, as 100 munitions for 3 fuel is reasonable, but if there is a okw flak halftrack or ostwind, you can barely use it.

1 year ago

For Guards Shoters, they are expensive and magnificent. They can engage both infantry and vehicles with very good outcome. There is also no lack of AT capabilities. If this doctrine rely on attack and infantry core at the beggining, players have to invest in T2 and ZiS gun. This counter penal's direct strength and forced to spend manpower (Player has access to mortalr but have to build T2 too) on support instead of replacing death members of first line soldiers and sending vawes and vawes and vawes and vawes (just spam enemy with very good soldiers) of penal squads. Or skip it and go to T3 for SU-76. Call-in soldiers cost manpower in large numbers, both for replacement and recruit so instead of spam, spend resources on support weapons. I remember times when guards X penals with mark target and ISU-152 provides 7/8 matches wins with a-move (terrible times). I choose Allied Supply Drop because it is stroong boost in mid game, especialy if you wanna fast heavies like IS-2 ;). 100 ammunition is high price. That's why i decided to pick it up there. It is very good in early-mid and decent in late. Alternate and later game option to use accumulated fuel is mark target. You have to decide mark target or fuel drop, or maybe something else? Barrage, AT grenades, mines or another penal squad with flame? This combined with well-spend manpower in early game (that cooperate with previous abilities) give us access to great power, later boost by IS-2. I want to pice together ammo spending with reasonable manpower and firepower.

1 year ago

I think the problem with allied supply drop is that it is easily shut down by ostwinds and okw flak halftracks.

1 year ago
    PanzerFutzPanzerFutz Melbourne, OzPosts: 346
    edited July 2018

Perhaps the developers need to look at making supply drops always come onto the map from your base sector. That way you can land them in the friendly sector closest to your base, well before they come into range of enemy AA units.

@JanuszTracz I like the idea of bringing back Penal Battalion flamethrowers. If they made it an either/or choice, it would give players the option to go anti-infantry or anti-tank with Penal troops. This helps both early and late game play.

1 year ago

@JanuszTracz said:
    I choose Allied Supply Drop because it is stroong boost in mid game, especialy if you wanna fast heavies like IS-2 ;). 100 ammunition is high price. That's why i decided to pick it up there. It is very good in early-mid and decent in late. Alternate and later game option to use accumulated fuel is mark target. You have to decide mark target or fuel drop, or maybe something else? Barrage, AT grenades, mines or another penal squad with flame?

There is no decision between allied supply drop and other abilities. Allied supply drop might get lucky and the fallen plane wipe a squad, but the odds of that are very low, especially for 100 munitions.

1 year ago

Additional fuel does not solve all problems. It boost economy, yes, but not weaken enemy or kill them. Mark target Allow to spend ammo to increase firepower and weaken enemy. I think this is good alternative.

1 year ago
    PanzerFutzPanzerFutz Melbourne, OzPosts: 346

@JanuszTracz I like the Mark Target, Heavy Mortar, Heavy Tank combination. I have wanted to see a commander with these abilities for a while.

1 year ago
    thekingsownthekingso… Posts: 447

I stopped reading at flame throwers for penals at 0 cp.

You sir are out of your mind , lets give okw obersoldaten 4 mg's and buildable from tier 0 if penals get flames.

Not on your nelly

1 year ago

Mr. thekingsown you should read the rest. Firts of all, ideal of flamethrower for infantry still exist in USA, German and England armies as doctrinal for assault troops. Country of Councils had this, removed due to overperformance. However I think after great job done by creators to Penal Squads, they can possess this weapon as doctrinal (plus previous arguments). To be honest, german Assault Engineers can buy flamethrower by Firestorm Doctrine and Allies have means to counter. I pay this game neraly 4th year and I remember that penals x flames were not undefeated.

1 year ago

@thekingsown said:
    I stopped reading at flame throwers for penals at 0 cp.

You sir are out of your mind , lets give okw obersoldaten 4 mg's and buildable from tier 0 if penals get flames.

Not on your nelly

Penals were given flamethrowers before, but they were not outrageously over powerful, just a little too strong, so they were removed. There is no commander in the game that supports penals, so this commander is just going to. There are plenty of commanders for conscripts, so why not one for penals?

1 year ago
    KingDarBojaKingDarBo… ColombiaPosts: 9

I like this commander idea, was going to propose a new commander that relies on bringing flamethrowers to Penal so players should have to spend ammunitions if they wanna turn them into more anti-infantry than anti-tank role. All the suggestions seems to be related to the commander name "SOVIET BREAKTHROUGH TACTIC" but I would like to switch IS-2 for the ISU-152 (Tank destroyer) if the player really wants to breakthrough a well defended position without having to risk a heavy tank at the front line. It is because the IS-2 can be easily outnumbered by the enemy armor, which is way faster and strong. You could be forced to get some T-34/70 to protect the ISU while using the penal squad to keep the enemy busy while you deliver some punishment to them.

1 year ago

Well, I think IS-2 is underpreforming for now. You are right of course, that ISU is better and should be there, but creators would disagree.