[OKW][ALL] St.Pios as starter

2 years ago

OKW still has a 300 MP unit, i.e. St.Ps, as the starting unit. Soviets begin with a 170 MP unit that's almost half of it. OKW has now free flame nades on VGs so make them OKW's starter. Esp. the combo of St.Ps and scout cars is in favour for OKW. Repair is much cheaper than replacements. And other factions don't have a 0 fuel vehicle.
Btw, St.Ps have 60 dps in close range and have almost the same stats as RF in mid range or Cons.
I think VGs would be much more in line with other factions.

Comments

2 years ago
    VipperVipper Posts: 3,747

Each faction start with a different unit and different starting resources. One has to take into account all factors.

2 years ago
    SkysTheLimitSkysTheLi… Posts: 2,271
    Imo volks should absolutely be the starting unit. @Vipper I agree with that point in a general sense, but IMO sturms are just too strong to be a starting unit period.

Especially in team games, when you combine with the kubel, the sturms can rush wherever they want. Their the only faction that has a vehicle to help them back-cap and they also have an assault squad for their starting unit.
    2 years ago
    thedarkarmadillothedarkar… Posts: 5,824
    I like sturms as a starting unit but I also agree it might be a bit much. Hell even drop the MP a bit and make STGs an upgrade path (start with say 2 mp40 and 2 STGs, the upgrade gives all STGs and a rec acc buff to the same thing that Tommy's have, like a proper assault unit) but y all know how I feel about upgrade paths so I may be biased....
    It is certainly frustrating playing as Soviet knowing your engineer unit that can't fight a weapon crew is going to be fallen upon buy a unit that can fight off rifles, and then knowing that it didn't delay them building volks 1 bit and your first match up might be 410mp vs 550 and there's not a damn thing you can do about it at all but pray(and even throwing in another CE wouldn't help the fight in your direction despite needing to bold 2 units and spend more MP but whatever...) Usf and UKF at least have potent infantry hitting the field as their starting or second unit from t0 to lessen the blob but Soviet are not so lucky...
    2 years ago
    DarjeelingMK7Darjeelin… Posts: 245
    Sine IS nefted, i found out that it will take 2 tommy to beat 1 stumpio at the fist engagement in game.
    2 years ago
    thedarkarmadillothedarkar… Posts: 5,824

@DarjeelingMK7 said:
    Sine IS nefted, i found out that it will take 2 tommy to beat 1 stumpio at the fist engagement in game.

BUT a tommy in a trench can beat and 2 t0 units okw throws at them before lava nades, and yes that includes double raks

2 years ago
    XlossXloss Posts: 235

Well. In City Maps SturmPio Really dominates. I too think Volks should be the starting unit.

2 years ago
    > @thedarkarmadillo said:
    > BUT a tommy in a trench can beat and 2 t0 units okw throws at them before lava nades, and yes that includes double raks

Yes, but In the fist engagement of the game, i hardly have enough time to built event sandbags.
    2 years ago
    After that, when i have time to built cover, thing will be better.
    2 years ago
    SquishyMuffinSquishyMu… Posts: 434

It can get tiresome and difficult knowing you have to blob with 3 riflemen/conscripts to your own fuel in 1v1's early game because you know there'll be a sturm rush round the corner.

But OKW have their own weaknesses. Like having no mid game.

2 years ago

Only> @SquishyMuffin said:

It can get tiresome and difficult knowing you have to blob with 3 riflemen/conscripts to your own fuel in 1v1's early game because you know there'll be a sturm rush round the corner.

But OKW have their own weaknesses. Like having no mid game.

Same can be said to late Game to allies during late game except Brits.

I am in favour volksgren should be starting unit not sturmpio. Having elite unit as a start is not a good thing lol (only for the other side allies).

2 years ago
    DodoDodo Posts: 5

OKW is very weak to MG + mortar combo. So there should not be any nerf on any okw infantry unit.

2 years ago

@Dodo said:
    OKW is very weak to MG + mortar combo. So there should not be any nerf on any okw infantry unit.

Starting unit only discussion, No nerf needed.