[USF] [Any] - Early anti garrison

1 year ago

Problem:
Grenades are too easy to avoid by microing a squad in and out of the building unless the building happens to have just one exit and you happen to attack from right direction to be able to toss the grenade in front of the exit. This can cause USF to struggle against early garrisons (in 4v4 early mortar isn't necessarily an option if you want to fight back the early rush).

Note that the reason why OKW got fire grenades instead of regular grenades was because they are too easy to avoid by simple micro.

Solution:
Flamethrower shouldn't be restricted to commander and should be accessible to rear echelon troops by default.

Tagged:

Comments

1 year ago
    LazarusLazarus Posts: 4,090

Buy the mortar. Buildings don't move, so either they are maintaining early garrisons, or the enemy is making an early rush. You can't say they're doing both.

1 year ago
    SimpleSimonSimpleSim… Posts: 73
    edited August 2018

Rifles. No really two squads will beat most German infantry in a garrison. The issue is the MG42, which rifles are now totally impotent against with the Still Broken M1 Mortar. When it comes to Volks or Pioneers in garrison though people overthink that way too much. They're infantry in green cover yeah so just overpower them. If they've got flank protection or a whole town in garrison then you've probably done something wrong.

1 year ago
    SkysTheLimitSkysTheLi… Posts: 2,271
    @Lazarus I very much agree about the mortar. But the point of many rushes is to occupy an aggressive garrison, so I don't see what you mean there.
    1 year ago
    LazarusLazarus Posts: 4,090
    When I hear early rush (that isn't countered by mortars) I'm thinking mobile infantry advancing on support weapons. The plain matter is if theyre at your support weapon line, then either your support weapons are way too close, or they have advanced past your frontline troops - something you can't do when camping a garrison
    1 year ago
    SkysTheLimitSkysTheLi… Posts: 2,271
    @Lazarus True enough. All I'm thinking off are certain garrisons like the Eastern fuel on Moscow where it's both a rush and camping scenario, but that's an awfully specific situation.
    1 year ago
    SimpleSimonSimpleSim… Posts: 73
    edited August 2018
    Yeah USF has a lot of problems, countering early garrisons isnt one of them. The mortar sucks 90% of the time but destroying those little wooden Izbas is what its cut out for and its only 240mp.

Grenades are fine too because with the upgrade rifles get them at the front instantly. Issue is that Rifles have no way to contain a mid game Gren or Volk blob without ceding 2/3 of the map.