USF Commander Revamp Discussion

Comments

1 year ago
    MSAF_Unbekannt_15MSAF_Unbe… Posts: 64
    edited August 2018
    @PanzerFutz They should provide the M20 with a single transport slot since it could carry a squad of passengers in real life. The same should be implemented for the Greyhound.

Granting them transport capacity would increase their utility and also allow them the ability to detect mines. (when carrying minesweeper infantry) and also allowing them to have their own security screen infantry.
    1 year ago
    PanzerFutzPanzerFutz Melbourne, OzPosts: 346
    edited August 2018

@MSAF_Unbekannt_15 I think an M8 could only carry troops on the outside and this game doesn't really accomodate that mode of transport. The turret took up a lot of space and added quite a lot to the weight of the vehicle. I think that's why the M20 was created - it was lighter, faster and could carry units and equipment in a way the M8 couldn't.

I do like the idea of the M20 being the US equivalent of the Soviet Scout Car, especially the minesweeper variant. I'd like to see that extended to both units. Minesweeper units are only really necessary against an opponent who uses a lot of mines but, having the ability to do it from inside a scout car would really boost the utility of both units (even if it's a little bit unrealistic).

[I didn't word this post very well. I meant that I'd like to see the scout cars being capable of mine detection when carrying mine-sweeping units. The units would still have to debark to clear the mines.]

1 year ago
    mognatsmognats Posts: 6

@HyperBlancat said:
    Common

Rifleman : vet 1 anti-tank grenade launcher-> accuracy +10%

now can use AT grenade when t1 or t2 is upgraded

garand far accuracy 51.75->55% far cooldown 125%->120%

vet 3 weapon damage bonus add(bazooka dmg 80->100, garand dmg 8->10)

BAR muni cost 60->50

grenade upgrade cost 150mp 25fuel -> 125mp 15fuel

M20 utility car : cost 320/20 -> 240/30, delete crew bazooka, now equiped skirts basically, Mounted .50cal penetration 3/2/1 -> 7/6/5,
    far accuracy 20% -> 35%

Major squad size 3->4

M8 greyhound : 4cp) call-in unit, can build M6 AT mine, cannon dmg 40->60

Airborne : -8% received accuracy add basically, vet2 field medic -> vet 1

Thunderbolt rocket strike Muni cost 240 -> 200

M26 pershing : HP 800 -> 960, HVAP effect add(crew shock or engine destroy),

Rangers : now can use only 1 squad on the field, add smoke grenade and sachel, Ranger lead the way! buff add(equal to UKF airlanding officer charge)

1. Rifle company

0cp) Ez8 tank : add WP round skill(= comet) in vet 1

0cp) rifleman special trainning : riflemans can build sandbag and mine, can use flare and cocked grenade(need grenade unlock)

2cp) fire up : equal to weh Encirclement sprint skill, penalty deleted, can use all infantry squad except echelon and weapon team

3cp) Assult rifleman squad : 3 carbine and 2 thompson equiped, can upgrade 1 M2 flamethrower, can use smoke grenade but cant use AT rifle grenade

5cp) foward observing artillery support : Lietenant and captain can use rapid barrage skill(120dmg 7rounds 120 muni cost)

1. Tactical support

6cp) strafing run -> 12cp) bombing run

buff calliope rocket AOE dmg

1. armor company

wolverin -> 7cp) call-in unit,

bulldozer -> major tier unit, buff rounds speed

delete crew thompson upgrade and add Elite crew trainnig(repair speed increase and receive veterancy gain+ 15%)

Possibly the best changes that would fix a good amount of USF issues. Rifleman for the cost at the start are not worth it but become so when they vet. They underpreform against squads that cost less then them for a long period of time. Perhaps the bombing run would be too strong though. Instead of the elite vehicle crews for armor company they should get the repair half track from the Ardennes Campaign. Or a passive repair speed increase. Vetting I think is okay on vehicle crews.

1 year ago
    LorenLoren Posts: 22

The Airborne Company, the Armor Company, and the **Rifle Company **all think a little re-balancing is needed.

First, the Rifle Company has lost its own concept. During Rifle Company's Commander Skill, the skill to strengthen Rifleman is almost useless 'Fire up!' Only. 'Fire up!' Skill is a skill that is rarely used due to a high Munition cost, late unlocking time, and a discharge penalty compared to Soviet's 'Ura!'. These characteristics do not quite match the concept of a commander. Rifleman Company might rather be called 'Easy Eight Company'. I think it would be inappropriate for the Rifleman Company to rebalance the old 1919a6 Defencive Formantion skill for the Rifleman Company.

Instead, I think 'Sherman Easy Eight' is what it gives to the Armor Company. Armor Company The M10 is no longer a 'call in' method, so it has less of a merit to produce M10 than Jackson. A special advantage of the Armor Company is that the benefits of the M10 have disappeared and many have been faded. The Sherman bulldozzer's 105mm howitzers are not very attractive, which fades many of the characteristics of this commander. So, I think it's a good idea to hand over 'Sherman Easy Eight' to fix these areas.

The efficiency of the** Airborne Company and its core Paratrooper is also a big problem** . The evasion bonus of the Airborne Company's Paratrooper's stats is set too low to fit high-level infantry. After '1vet', it has the same evasion bonus as Soviet's Conscripts. (1v to 2vt: 0%, 3vt: 29%) This can be produced at 380 manpower cost and 3cp, which is not an attractive option given the specific commander requirement. Furthermore, instead of upgrading the two 1919a6s, when upgrading Thompson, the Close Combat unit becomes a very low evasion bonus that is even harder to use. Considering that the units that do most close combat have a very high evasion bonus but are hard to use, the evasion bonus of Thompson paratroopers is really a big hurdle to use.
    So in most cases, the Airborne Company is often chosen to support heavy weapons, which breaks the rigid USF tier tech structure. This makes it seem more appropriate to call the Airsupport Company than to be an Airborne Company.

In my opinion, there are a lot of things in the USF that do not take advantage of the characteristics of each of these commanders, and I hope this revision will be made in this rework.

1 year ago

The Airborne Company, the Armor Company, and the **Rifle Company **all think a little re-balancing is needed.

First, the Rifle Company has lost its own concept . During Rifle Company's Commander Skill, the skill to strengthen Rifleman is almost useless 'Fire up!' Only. 'Fire up!' Skill is a skill that is rarely used due to a high Munition cost, late unlocking time, and a discharge penalty compared to Soviet's 'Ura!'. These characteristics do not quite match the concept of a commander. Rifleman Company might rather be called 'Easy Eight Company'. I think it would be inappropriate for the Rifleman Company to rebalance the old 1919a6 Defencive Formantion skill for the Rifleman Company.

Instead, I think 'Sherman Easy Eight' is what it gives to the Armor Company. Armor Company The M10 is no longer a 'call in' method, so it has less of a merit to produce M10 than Jackson . A special advantage of the Armor Company is that the benefits of the M10 have disappeared and many have been faded. The Sherman bulldozzer's 105mm howitzers are not very attractive, which fades many of the characteristics of this commander. So, I think it's a good idea to hand over 'Sherman Easy Eight' to fix these areas.

The efficiency of the Airborne Company and its core Paratrooper is also a big problem. The evasion bonus of the Airborne Company's Paratrooper's stats is set too low to fit high-level infantry. After '1vet', it has the same evasion bonus as Soviet's Conscripts. (1v to 2vt: 0%, 3vt: 29%) This can be produced at 380 manpower cost and 3cp, which is not an attractive option given the specific commander requirement. Furthermore, instead of upgrading the two 1919a6s, when upgrading Thompson, the Close Combat unit becomes a very low evasion bonus that is even harder to use. Considering that the units that do most close combat have a very high evasion bonus but are hard to use, the evasion bonus of Thompson paratroopers is really a big hurdle to use.
    So in most cases, the Airborne Company is often chosen to support heavy weapons, which breaks the rigid USF tier tech structure. This makes it seem more appropriate to call the Airsupport Company than to be an Airborne Company.

In my opinion, there are a lot of things in the USF that do not take advantage of the characteristics of each of these commanders, and I hope this revision will be made in this rework.

1 year ago

First, the Rifle Company has lost its own concept . During Rifle Company's Commander Skill, the skill to strengthen Rifleman is almost useless 'Fire up!' Only. 'Fire up!' Skill is a skill that is rarely used due to a high Munition cost, late unlocking time, and a discharge penalty compared to Soviet's 'Ura!'. These characteristics do not quite match the concept of a commander. Rifleman Company might rather be called 'Easy Eight Company'. I think it would be inappropriate for the Rifleman Company to rebalance the old 1919a6 Defencive Formantion skill for the Rifleman Company.

Instead, I think 'Sherman Easy Eight' is what it gives to the Armor Company. Armor Company The M10 is no longer a 'call in' method, so it has less of a merit to produce M10 than Jackson . A special advantage of the Armor Company is that the benefits of the M10 have disappeared and many have been faded. The Sherman bulldozzer's 105mm howitzers are not very attractive, which fades many of the characteristics of this commander. So, I think it's a good idea to hand over 'Sherman Easy Eight' to fix these areas.

The efficiency of the Airborne Company and its core Paratrooper is also a big problem. The evasion bonus of the Airborne Company's Paratrooper's stats is set too low to fit high-level infantry. After '1vet', it has the same evasion bonus as Soviet's Conscripts. (1v to 2vt: 0%, 3vt: 29%) This can be produced at 380 manpower cost and 3cp, which is not an attractive option given the specific commander requirement. Furthermore, instead of upgrading the two 1919a6s, when upgrading Thompson, the Close Combat unit becomes a very low evasion bonus that is even harder to use. Considering that the units that do most close combat have a very high evasion bonus but are hard to use, the evasion bonus of Thompson paratroopers is really a big hurdle to use.

1 year ago
    yakuzaxDyakuzaxD Posts: 3
    edited August 2018

The first thing serious that I am occupying a translator to be able to express my opinion about the topic. Already clarifying this I continue. Already as all they know, which play with Americans estan in a clear disadvantage a player who plays in with the enemies if with regard to tanks one speaks. The variety of tanks that incorporates the game for this race is very vague in the sense of the quantity of tanks that appeared in the second war and later to this one as example the Tank T54, M41 Walker Bulldog, t92 to be able to compete this way against the German tanks that estan very over the American tanks since several of his commanders contain HEAVY tanks! And to the Americans only him it can only the pershing that remains at the moment of facing a good elefant. Good this one is a simple opinion of what tendria that to incorporate the game

1 year ago

TRANSLATION: Lots of German commanders have heavy tanks but, the Americans have only one. This is a big disadvantage.

Yup, that's true. The developers have done quite a lot to balance this. The one thing they missed was airpower. Numerical superiority and air superiority were the ways the western powers overcame the Germans' technical superiority. The game addresses the numerical side in a number of ways but, the population cap limits its effectiveness. The lack of air power options is the real mystery. The P-47 Rocket Strike is the only US airstrike option that really works against tanks.

In real life, the US used just about every type of combat aircraft against tanks at one point or another - from single seat fighters, like the P-51 armed with rockets, up to the B-17 heavy bomber, plastering German tank formations with 4000 lb bombloads. Surely, another heavy airstrike option could have been included. My preference would be the A-20 Havoc (with 8 .50 cal machineguns in its nose and 2000 lbs of bombs in the bomb-bay) as it was frequently used in the on-call ground-support role.

But I guess its too late for that now. You'll just have to learn to make do with what the US faction has available.

1 year ago

The Americans in the game are being very limited to the variant of vehicles that contenian as PanzerFutz says in the previous comment on the air topic I would like to see probably in the same way as the Germans use the stuka to realize different assaults to use the good American planes of this epoch since it was p38 or the famous one P-51 mustang. The Americans are left enough of side

1 year ago

@yakuzaxD We won't see the P-51 or the P-38 because, they would require new content.

However, if we are lucky, the developers might modify one of the other factions' airstrikes for use by the US. It would be possible to change the Stuka from the OKW Air Assault to a P-47 and have that as another, heavier airstrike option. It would also be possible to change the Typhoon to a P-47 in the British Air Supremacy Operation for a very heavy airstrike option. The multi-engined bombers in these 2 strikes never appear anywhere except the mini-map so, there isn't any need to change their models. The simplest option is to use Air Supremacy as is and not even worry about whose planes are being used. The Americans certainly used their air supremacy to great effect in support of their ground forces.

The question would then be: which commander would get this strike?

1 year ago

@PanzerFutz dijo:
    @yakuzaxD We won't see the P-51 or the P-38 because, they would require new content.

However, if we are lucky, the developers might modify one of the other factions' airstrikes for use by the US. It would be possible to change the Stuka from the OKW Air Assault to a P-47 and have that as another, heavier airstrike option. It would also be possible to change the Typhoon to a P-47 in the British Air Supremacy Operation for a very heavy airstrike option. The multi-engined bombers in these 2 strikes never appear anywhere except the mini-map so, there isn't any need to change their models. The simplest option is to use Air Supremacy as is and not even worry about whose planes are being used. The Americans certainly used their air supremacy to great effect in support of their ground forces.

The question would then be: which commander would get this strike?

As you say they your might occupy already made assaults but with different names like for example the assault that there have the British that it is a supremacy it airs also her to put to the Americans but with assaults of heavy bombardiers b17 and likewise to be able to use them p47 to do control of troops besides assaults with missiles.

1 year ago

Armour Company:
    So the commander has sort of fallen off the meta currently, i think it's for a few reasons, the biggest reason is the m10 being a much worse choice than the Jackson, The m10 was also the crutch of the commander because all the other abilities were bad/mediocre, the only other options that were viable are arguably the Sherman and the Assault engineers if you're /really/ good. So I'm going to take a look at the options we have here in terms of either replacing the abilities or buffing them in some way.

So first ability you get out of the gate is the Assault engineers, very map dependant due to their small unit size and being very easily picked off, the flamer helps with anti-garrison potential and gives them a late game viability even with them dying easily. I have two suggestions to deal with the situation.
    The first one is that we throw them right out and get in rangers instead, mechanically they fulfill the same roles (Close quarters infantry) Thematically it makes sense, they help clear the infantry for the armor.
    The other one is to set them to 1-2 cp and making the squad larger, giving them more durability and late game viability, perhaps with an upgrade of some kind.

Moving on to the second ability, elite vehicle crews, now this is completely irredeemable, only being situational at best and while they do /a lot/ of damage the durability leaves a lot to be desired. combined with its high cost makes it borderline useless. I would recommend throwing it out of the window and replacing it with something that fits the theme of armor, either the mortar halftrack or the assault engineers+halftrack if you go the route of having rangers instead.

So now we're on the m10, the now redundant tank hunter, don't really know what to do with this, perhaps giving it a timed HE ability to give it more utility when dealing with infantry would make it a nice distinctive option from the Jackson or making it cheaper, but it's already cheap.
    It's in a really weird spot where there's not much reason to go for it because the Jackson makes it redundant in every situation now.

The Sherman has a very easy solution, decreasing the CP from 11 to 7-8 would make it a much better choice, because as it is the arrival of it is too slow and expensive, increasing the speed slightly would also help it with dealing with infantry quicker.

The last ability I'm looking at now is the artillery, personally, I don't like it, it's expensive and comes out a tad too slow to be used effectively bar some situations. I don't know what to do to with this so I won't comment on it.

1 year ago
    edited August 2018

This is my explanation of the post below. I've edited this post rather than have a fresh one for simplicity's sake.

Here's my thinking on the US faction:

Many of the tanks are under the wrong commanders. A number of other units/upgrades don't suit the doctrine of their commanders. Some things fit under multiple doctrines but, the developers have limited them to just one. This is an attempt to place things under the doctrines that I believe suit them best, following the guidelines that have already been established. I've simply swapped items without any changes to Command Points, costs or functions/values of any of them. I'll explain my thinking on each commander; feel free to disagree because these are just suggestions.

Rifle Company is all about supporting infantry-based assaults. This is why I've moved the Assault Engineers and the infantry-support Sherman here. Now all the items under this commander can be used for this type of play. This commander doesn't need a "good" tank because, tanks are secondary under this tactical doctrine. The tanks available from the core force should be sufficient to any tasks for which they are required.

Tactical Support is a mixed bag. The items in this roster can be adapted to suit a number of playstyles but, the doctrine itself is pretty generic. There are some infantry items, some airpower items and an artillery item. The only thing I changed was swapping the Half-track for Riflemen Field Defences. It makes the doctrine a little more defensive but, the half-track really belongs with the cavalry so it had to be done. I think the Strafing Run is weak and could be swapped for the Smoke Barrage from Heavy Cavalry also. It might restore some offensive capability to this commander.

Armor is the doctrine that should have the best tank. That's why I've given it the Pershing instead of an infantry-support tank. I understand the reason for having the Assault Engineers in this company; it's to clear obstacles to rapid tank movement. However, this can be accomplished by other means and I believe the Engineers are more valuable in the Rifle Company. I've replaced them with the Rangers - knowing full well that they don't really fit under this doctrine.

Rangers would be useful under any commander but, historically, they were used for recon and close assault. They would be most appropriate under either Tactical Support or Recon Support. I've put them under Armor because, the unit which would be most appropriate doesn't exist - Mechanized Infantry. The Mechanized Assault Group is close but, what's really needed is a call-in Rifleman Squad in a half-track, similar to the Ostheer Mechanized Grenadier Group.

There are good arguments to be made that this slot could be filled by the Half-track or the Mortar Half-track and either of these would suit the doctrine. However, I chose the Rangers instead because, I think the Armor Company should be seen as an elite unit and the Rangers are elite infantry.

Heavy Cavalry is a doctrine centered on mobility. For this reason, I've swapped the heavy tank for the "Easy 8", the Riflemen Field Defences (which is not appropriate) for the Mortar Half-track and the Rangers for the Half-track. The "Easy 8" isn't as good a tank as the Pershing but, it's a build that's available straight away. A player doesn't have to wait until 13 CP for a single unit call-in; he can have multiple "Easy 8's" by that time if he wants. These can be supported by the half-tracks in a high-mobility battlegroup that is the essence of cavalry tactics.

The Infantry Company only gets a minor tweak. Because the Mortar Half-track was more appropriate in Heavy Cavalry, I've replaced it with the flamethrower upgrade which used to be under Rifle Coy. Rifle Company got the Assault Engineers so, it doesn't really need the flamethrower anymore. Plus, this tidies Infantry up a bit. It now has three infantry upgrades and two artillery items. I personally didn't use the Mortar Half-track that much because, I can make do with the core light artillery units until the Priest becomes available. I think it's better suited to a company which needs more mobile artillery options.

I hope this helps with understanding my choices.

1 year ago

Try That Again:

Let me know what you think; I can take it.

1 year ago
    edited August 2018

Stuffed up the order in Armor but you get the idea.

Smoke Barrage might seem redundant in Heavy Cavalry with the Mortar Half-track available to perform the same function. I would be willing to swap it with the Strafing Run from Tactical Support. I think the barrage would fit that doctrine.

The Strafing Run itself is pretty weak and I'd like to see it replaced with a better airstrike (even a loiter would be better) but, I know that's not going to happen so I don't really care where it goes.

1 year ago
    omar_empomar_emp United Arab EmiratesPosts: 526
    edited August 2018

Cavalry company remake

Rifleman Field Defenses - 0CP

i dont have anything to say about

Off-map Smoke Barrage - 1CP

reduce cost to from 50MUN to 30MUN . make it in a straight line like the OKW Luftwaffe recon plane smoke .

Rangers - 3CP

• reduce price to 360MP as they come in without upgrade
    • give a WP/or smoke grenade that share cool down with pineapple
    • reduce POP to 9 just as all elite units in game
    • decrease upkeep due to there very high upkeep
    • limit them to 2 as they are special units.

Combined Arms - 7CP

• increase CP to 7
    • increase speed of tanks by 15% and infantry to running speed to keep up with tanks
    • increase rate of fire and accuracy of both tanks and infantry
    • lasts 45 seconds
    • costs 100MUN
    • 2MIN cooldown

M26 Pershing - 13CP

• increase health by 160HP point
    • increase a bit of armor to deflect some rounds of Panzer IV atleast
    • HVAP shell should shock target just as PAK40 HEAT round
    • add a self repair ability similar to Soviet crew repair , as it cant be decrewed
    1 year ago
    ZarmageddonZarmagedd… Posts: 29
    edited August 2018

Heavy Cavalry Company

Off-map Smoke Barrage
    As poster above me said, the smoke barrage costs way too much munitions for what it does. It should be good enough for this commander to allow skipping mortar team so we don't have to rely on mortars for smoke anymore, but spending 50 munitions per use is ridiculous, you'll never get BARs. It should cost 30 munitions max, preferably 20 munitions. I almost never use this ability, since mortar smokes are free.

M26 Pershing
    Increase range to same range as Jackson OR Increase armor and HP OR decrease call-in cost.

Currently the Pershing costs a ridiculous amount of resources to call in but is nowhere near as good as something like a Crocodile or any of the Axis heavies. Plus it has a high pop to boot. If it's a heavy it should perform like one.

Recon Support Company

Reduce CP requirement of Airdropped Combat Group (4CP) and Greyhound (5CP) by 1.

Reason : Luchs or Scout cars comes before you can get 4CP, which completely negates the whole point of calling in the combat group; for the AT gun. Making the airdrop 3CP makes it available around the same timing as the luchs, allowing this commander to go for the lieutenant instead of captain safely (if you go for the lieutenant, the only AT you'll have at the luchs timing is zooks, which are absolute garbage AT for its cost and any amount of micro will let the luchs deal consistent damage). As for the Greyhound, I never buy it. Again, the Greyhound comes in too late, way later than an AA halftrack or a Stuart. I'm not going to buy a Greyhound after I've already invested fuel in an AA halftrack or a Stuart, which is why I have actually NEVER called this thing in EVER. 4CP is still late, but it might at least see some use if I'm doing well early game.

Armor Company

0CP : Elite Vehicle Crews Upgrade

0CP : M10 Jackson

2CP : M21 Mortar Halftrack

The reason why Armor Company sucks is because USF really needs something to help them in the infantry department. USF's mortars suck, riflemen are good very early on but quickly get outclassed by STG Volk spam. Unless you invest 120 muni each on double BARs on all your riflemen it's difficult to win against Axis infantry, especially in the late game against Obers, Fusiliers, and other call-ins. In order to have a well-rounded commander there needs to be something to help the Armor commander in the early game, and the M21 Mortar Halftrack fits the style of the commander.

7CP : Spotting Flare

For a certain amount of munitions, a spotting flare reveals an area anywhere on the map. This can be used to spot enemy tanks and allow TDs to shoot at them, or it can be used to spot enemy artillery or positions.

11CP : Bulldozer Sherman

Infantry Company

0CP - Riflemen Smokes

Allows riflemen to throw M79 Smoke Grenades.

0CP - Assault Engineers

Assault Engineers that can be upgraded with flamethrower can be deployed. Assault Engineers can lay anti-infantry mines, build fighting positions, sandbags, and tank traps.

3CP - M15A1 AA Half-track

The AA Halftrack from tier 2 can be called into the battlefield. Making this unit a call-in allows this commander to go for Captain instead of a Lieutenant, without also investing in a Stuart. This will lead to the Pack Howitzer getting used more when using this commander and an easier access to AT with the AT gun.

3CP - M1919A6 LMG

9CP - M7B1 Priest Howitzer

Mechanized Company

0CP - Reserve Armor

0CP - Raid Tactics

3CP - Halftrack Assault Group

Calls in an M5 Halftrack carrying a specialized elite Cavalry Riflemen. Cavalry Riflemen are equipped with cooked grenades, and can be upgraded with a combat assault package for 120 munitions, which equips them with an M1919A6 LMG as well as a stolen German infrared STG (similar to the mechanized company in the Ardennes Assault campaign). The Combat assault package only takes up one weapon slot, so if the player chooses the Cavalry Riflemen can also be equipped with a BAR or a Bazooka for a whopping total investment of 180 munitions. This unit is balanced by the fact that the call-in also includes the Halftrack and therefore the manpower and fuel cost associated with it, on top of the munitions cost to fully upgrade the unit. Recommended price for call-in is 500MP, 35 Fuel (A benefit to this call-in is that it should be cheaper manpower wise for the two units).

3CP M21 Mortar Halftrack

11CP - 240mm Howitzer Barrage

Will do the other commanders later when I have time.

1 year ago

@PanzerFutz said:
    Try That Again:

Let me know what you think; I can take it.

how to making this picture? custom commander mod?

1 year ago
    edited August 2018

@EujeneAlexnader It's not hard but, it takes a bit of time.

1. Find a commander in the game (or in-game store if you don't have it already) and bring up their list as shown above.
    2. Take a screenshot of the list (F12 key on my computer); the screenshot captures the whole screen but make sure the list is centered. [Best to do all the commanders at this point; it saves time.]
    3. Find the screenshots on your computer. Look for the Steam folder then search "screenshots"; the folder will be buried way down in the "userdata" folder but it's there.
    4. Move screenshots to a folder that's easier to find. I built a folder with all the commanders in it so, I could reference them easily without being in the game.
    5. Use a Paint program to cut and paste items from one commander to another or move them around on a commanders list. I used Windows Paint because it's simple but, any Paint program will do.
    6. (Optional) Resize commander to 75% so it takes up less space on the screen.
    7. Save under a new name so you don't overwrite the original. [ex. Armor Company Revamp]
    8. Attach the image to your post. **Do not use in-game browser when doing this! ** It is very buggy when attaching things so, it's better to use another browser outside the game.

I hope this helps. Cheers.

P.S. Missed a step.

4a. Rename the files to match the doctrine. The screenshot filenames will just be numbers; it's hard to remember which one is which. Renaming them makes it easier to find the one you're looking for later.

1 year ago

@PanzerFutz said:
    @EujeneAlexnader It's not hard but, it takes a bit of time.

1. Find a commander in the game (or in-game store if you don't have it already) and bring up their list as shown above.
    2. Take a screenshot of the list (F12 key on my computer); the screenshot captures the whole screen but make sure the list is centered. [Best to do all the commanders at this point; it saves time.]
    3. Find the screenshots on your computer. Look for the Steam folder then search "screenshots"; the folder will be buried way down in the "userdata" folder but it's there.
    4. Move screenshots to a folder that's easier to find. I built a folder with all the commanders in it so, I could reference them easily without being in the game.
    5. Use a Paint program to cut and paste items from one commander to another or move them around on a commanders list. I used Windows Paint because it's simple but, any Paint program will do.
    6. (Optional) Resize commander to 75% so it takes up less space on the screen.
    7. Save under a new name so you don't overwrite the original. [ex. Armor Company Revamp]
    8. Attach the image to your post. **Do not use in-game browser when doing this! ** It is very buggy when attaching things so, it's better to use another browser outside the game.

I hope this helps. Cheers.

P.S. Missed a step.

4a. Rename the files to match the doctrine. The screenshot filenames will just be numbers; it's hard to remember which one is which. Renaming them makes it easier to find the one you're looking for later.

thanx buddy )

1 year ago

@EujeneAlexnader My pleasure.

The hardest part for me was finding the screenshots in the first place. I use four different Paint programs on my computer so, the rest was easy.

Also, different computers use different keys for screenshots but, it's usually either PrtSc or F12. This is also useful for taking screenshots while playing a game.

Cheers.

1 year ago
    EujeneAlexnaderEujeneAle… Posts: 5
    edited August 2018

And some of the skills should be adjusted to the above.

Fire up

- Suppression 0% Conversion and Immunity (with the same features as Company of Heroes 1 Ranger and Airborne units)

Ranger

• Maintain 400 Man Power
    • Add a satchel charge
          - add munition 45 (same as penal battalion, no vehicle function)

M26 tank

• Increased health from 800 to 960
    • Added HVAP stun function when hit the tank

Rifleman

• 0 Veteran received accuracy rate 8% added
    • Grenade can be used when Lieutenant or Captain Tier is unlocked (Grenade upgrade in barracks removed)

Recon company Airdropped Combat Group

• Ammunition 80 removed
    • Up to Man Power 400

Airbone

• 0 Veteran received accuracy rate 8% added
    • got a thompson submachine gun add received accuracy rate 10%
    1 year ago

One condition is needed to renew the US Commander.

First you have to integrate the rifle field defenses and m1919a6, the rifle flares.

(CP should be adjusted from 0 to 1 when combined)

Secondly, if you can not integrate these skills, you need to adjust for some companies

If you renew the commander under these conditions, I would like to do the following:

1. Infantry Company

• There is a shortage of gunships and munitions in the field, and securing means is important. Therefore, if you do not have a rifle field defense integration, it is not a bad idea to change your skill with a ranger.

Rifle Field Defense - 0CP (1919A6 and rifle flare integration changed to 1CP)

M21 Mortar Half Truck - 2CP

M1919A6 Machine Gun - 3CP (Change skill or delete skill)

• When there is no unification of the rifle field defense, the skill is sent to the rifle company.

Ranger - 3CP (Replace Skill)

• Rifle field defensive integration or M1919A6 alternative skill is removed from the Heavy cavalry company.

Time of Target Barrage - 8CP

M7B1 Priest - 9CP

Change Reason

• the 1919A6 is replaced by the Ranger, which replaces the infantry firepower that is replaced, and the weakness is reinforced by anticipating the role of the Ranger as a reconnaissance function, which can be a strong company.

2. The rifle company

• The most important thing in a rifle company is to expand the utility function of the rifle, like the support strategy of the Soviet conscripts. In that sense, the rifle company does not have any fire up skills
      It should be changed as follows.

M2 Flamethrower - 0CP

M4A3E8 Easy eight tank - 0CP

Rifle Flare - 2CP (changed to rifle field defense and M1919A6 integrated 1CP)

Fire up - 2CP (Change skill or delete skill)

• The skill is not suitable for a rifle company, it is sent to Heavy cavalry company.

M1919A6 machine gun - 3CP (Replace Skill)

• Additional recruitment from infantry0

White Phosphrous Smoke Barrage - 6CP

Change Reason

• Through the skill adjustment, it improves the utility function of the rifle officer and judges that it is possible to adjust it more according to the intention of the maker.

3. Heavy Cavalry Company

• The company has a fatal weakness in that the tanks and infantry combine always have to keep up with the infantry and tanks. I expect to see the effect of replacing the Ranger skill with the Fire Up skill to break down the enemy's line of defense through the swift movement of the tank and infantry.

Rifle Field Defense - 0CP (1919A6 and rifle flare integration changed to 1CP)

Off-Map Smoke Barrage - 1cp

Ranger - 3cp (Change Skill)

• Heavy Cavalry Company is not a very useful unit. Therefore it is sent to the infantry company.

Fire Up - 2cp (Replace Skill)

• It will solve the problem of the speed of infantry and tank when cooperating with the soldier and will help to activate the cooperative skill of the soldier.

Combined Arms - 4cp

M26 Pershing tank - 13cp

Change Reason

• I think that it is bringing fire up of a rifle company serious skill that can surely solve the problem of the infantry and the tank which is the weak point of the company serious.

Obviously, there are many users who will disagree with my article, but I think it will be stronger if the commander's adjustment is done.

1 year ago

@EujeneAlexnader I like the idea of integrating the flares into Rifleman Field Defenses and using that in the empty slot of the Rifle Company. This would give three companies access to the flares instead of just one.

1 year ago
    C3ToothC3Tooth Posts: 641

-Urban Assault company-
    1. Cavalry Rilfeman /or/ Thompson upgrade for Rifleman
    2. Rear echolon flamethrower upgrade
    3. M3 Halftrack /or/ Sniper
    4. M10 Wolverine
    5. Smoke barrage /or/ Offmap Arti

• Rifleman can fight in close range / deadly corner in Urban while being cheaper than Ranger. Since Cavalry Rilfeman has alot of action (Frag grenade / smokenade / AT sachel / Flare / Defensive stance / Hunkerdown), its ok to keep only Frag & Smoke nades or make Thompson upgrade for Rifleman .
    • Its hopeless to me when Ost bring MGs in buildings, while Frag grenade is not effective as Bundle24 and need 25fuel upgrade. I prefer Flame thrower in this case.
    • M3 halftrack or Sniper, either M3 support by reinforcement/Rear with Flamer on M3 or Sniper take out MGs in buildings.
    • Wolverines have flanking speed, better suit in Urban than Jackson.
    • Anykind of barrage, either smoke or 155mm or Priest to weaken enemy defensive before assault.
    1 year ago

@C3Tooth That's really a new commander, not a revamp, so it doesn't really belong on this thread. Besides, it looks like the revamps are nearly done; better to save it for the official new commander threads.

However, if it were done, I think your idea might look something like this:

Paratroopers are as close as it comes to the infantry you want. The rest is pretty much as you specified.

1 year ago

I actually prefer Para over Ranger (they have tactical assault, can finish all retreat infantry on the road), though unlike Fallschrim, they need Pathfinder to drop safety, so not sure if they're fit in.
    And phospho barrages dont do much damage on defensive structures, buildings, I prefer 155mm to weaken the defense or smoke to let close range infantry pass by.

1 year ago
    edited September 2018

@C3Tooth Paras can be dropped behind your lines if all you want to do is use them as assault infantry, then you don't need the Pathfinders.

Smoke is easy to do and comes in at 1 Command point, so it's available early.

The only 155 mm Arty available to the Americans (at this time) comes with the WC51 Truck; there is no separate barrage of that calibre.

It's a major flaw for the US faction that they don't have any mid-level barrages (3 inch to 105 mm), when historically they had plenty of them. [For instance, the M2A1 105 mm Howitzer and the M2 4.2 inch Chemical Mortar were used extensively in real life for barrage fire.]

1 year ago
    edited September 2018

Original Mechanize company:

• WC truck : 20fuel, killed by 1 hit AT (while Kubel 0fuel can take 2 Pershing shot)
    • Refit : most unique ability that I like
    • Halftrack with Assault-Eng (I like it since I love Demolition & frontline re-inforce)
    • Recon flight : useless because Major can do that
    • 155mm : usefull for pre-attack
      -> Refit skill being the most valuable because I can spam AA or Stuart in mid game then withdraw them (but AA can be countered with Puma, Stuart can be countered with mass infantry) I like this doctrine but it never work.
      December 2017 Mechanize company:

• Sherman 76mm AND Bulldozer : A well combined of Sherman & Jack, deal infantry & tank at the same time

• WC truck merged with 155mm : 0fuel, 60ammo MG upgrade, Im ok with the fuel price now but still not worth it for 1 hit AT killed, I call it in late game for 155mm
    • Halftrack : no more demolition, but still like it
    • Mortar HT : i never use, because I need to save fuel for medium tanks
    • Light vehicle cap points : we all know USF can de-crew to cap (and I have enough micro skill to do it)
      -> I really like it because it actually gives me more Light vehicle options to be offensive in mid game. Though the lost of Refit skill made me sad be I accepted it.
      Patch 1.3 Mechanize company:

• Sherman 76mm AND Bulldozer : already said

• WC truck merged with 155mm AND Halftrack AND Mortar HT : now this is a 4 old skills merged into 1, the most beautiful thing but I think this is too much I can ever ask for.
    • Light vechile cap points replaced with Combine arms : cry in happiness, in HeavyCal company, tanks have to wait for infantry to walk slowly so Combine arms skill can get the effect, now all I need to do is put a Rearecho in a Halftrack and go together with Medium tanks, way more convenient
    • Refit : my most fav skill is back, cry in happiness
    • Cal Rifleman : cry in happiness, most of the time I picked Airborne just because of Paratroops or HeavyCal because of Ranger so I can deal with OKW infantry.
      -> This going to be my all time commander pick because it has everything I need.
      .Though I also think this is over buffed. Like Sherman 76mm, Bulldozer upgrade, WC, 155mm, Halftrack, Mortar into 2 skills
      .3 Light vehicles into 1 skill include Mortar HT is too much & unfair for Infantry company. I totally suggest to remove Mortar HT. Also remove the Bulldozer to make Armor company to be unique
      .Can WC truck can take 1 AT shot and still alive? Like 10Hp left, I would appreciate it.
      .CavalryRifleman: 300Mp is abit cheap compared to other close quarter combat like Panzer-gren, Shock, Ranger, Fallschrim, Sturmpion (especially Shock & Ranger because they have less utility) To me the unit with 2 Thompson doesnt need the ability to pick up other weapon (AT weapon or light MG) because they're supposed to be close range combat unit, may be let them come with M3 Greasguns and able to upgrade to 4 Thompson with 90 ammo. Or may be default Rifleman able to upgrade 4 Thompson.
    1 year ago

Tank Hunter Company

• Rifleman Defensive Package
    • M3 Halftrack (The one from Ardennen Assault, able to repait nearby vehicle)
    • 155mm Offmap Artillery
    • Tank Destroyer M10 "Wolverine"
    • M26 Pershing