Germans overperform

9 months ago

Anyone like me who feels like Wehr is over performing a little bit right now?

Main problem here is the Grenadier whose squad size is 4 but can solo any Soviet squad AFTER they get their weapon upgrade. At first I thought to myself, hey but the German units are expensive as hell. Then I checked the unit guide and oh my god they are as cheap as a Conscript squad, yet they beat Conscript in any range no cover 1v1 fight, they beat Penals in long range and they beat everything after MG42 (which cost as much as doctrine PPSH, as much as PTRS and as much as DP). They also have a grenade ability that is made to wipe squads in cover (as good as the upgrade-required American grenades and at the same cost). They have a free panzerfaust ability that frankly is pretty useless since no good player will get their vehicles that close to any Wehr squad (hey but sometimes my penals can still Satchel German tanks sooo no thought about that). It is correct that Grenadiers are tier 1 units and so are Penal Batallion (which funnily takes 300 manpower for a squad that is mediocore in AI and actually can be pretty good in AT against unskilled players). The point is that Soviet infantry just cannot stand against German infantry in mid-late game and when considering early game, the Soviet only have a slight advantage since if they spam Conscript the Soviet will have 1 more squad, which can be pretty nice), however the Soviet has no way to heal their infantry except for sacrificing this squad (I mean not producing it) in order to get the field medic (which stays at home only and hinders Soviet in 3v3 and 4v4 games). Grenadiers can heal themselves at Vet1 (worse than the British heal though).

Wehr can also get MG42 (everyone agrees that MG42 is the best MG in the game right?) which is as expensive as the Soviet Maxim but can somehow overperforms against both the standard Maxim and the doctrinal Dshk (seriously I have no idea what Dhsk adds to the game except for skipping tier 2). Edit: I don't know what the Vickers have better than MG42? which can be used in the early game to stop the Soviet and American player from winning the game outright.

So the Soviet player has to advance his tech or risk losing the late game since Germans infantry will overperform after a while when they get their upgrades. The next problems lies at the Panzer 4. I don't know why but Panzer 4s have this tendency to kill exactly 3 men per hit. The AI capability of this tank is phenomenal (the AT capability is subpar comparing to its cost though). But massing Pz4s and Soviet infantries will be completely useless. To this point the Soviet has the T34/76 which is cheaper than Pz4s, however loses to one and has weaker AI capability. The Soviet also has the doctrinal T34/85 which is actually MORE expensive than Pz4s, fight equally with Pz4s (I would say equally because the T34/85 is likely to miss its shot, it seems that the accuracy of this unit is lower than T34/76 somehow), has weaker AI capability, and has some more HP. The Soviet can specificly counter Pz4s using Su85, but then they cannot do anything about those pesky Grenadiers.

Comments

9 months ago

I agree with you Argensa!

There is also the Brümbar which can wipe out entier squad in a single shot. The tank is extremely powerful and has an incredible frontal armor. There is also the stug 3 G which can easily be spamed. This tank is, I think too cost effective.

I like to play russian but I have to say that playing against the wehrmacht is hard. I would like conscript and penal to be cheaper to balance the early and the mid game. And please someone nerf the Brümbar !!! :s

9 months ago
    C3ToothC3Tooth Posts: 308
    edited August 2018

Fastest Soviet tech to has the 1st T34
    Special Rifle 10fuel + Tankovy 90fuel + Mecha Armor 90fuel + T34 90fuel = 280fuel

Fastest USF tech to has the 1st Sherman
    Lieutenant 50fuel + Major 120fuel + Sherman 110fuel = 280fuel

Fastest Wehr tech to has the 1st Panzer4
    Infanterie 10fuel + Phase1 40fuel + Leichte 20fuel + Phase2 90fuel + SupportArmor 15fuel + Panzer4 120 fuel = 295fuel

-> Soviet has the 1st T34 earlier than the 1st Panzer4 15fuel, but Soviet has to use 35fuel to upgrade nades -> Soviet gets a T34 at the time 20fuel later than a Panzer4
    -> USF has the 1st Sherman earlier than the 1st Panzer4 15fuel, but USF has to use 15fuel to upgrade weapon & 25fuel to upgrade nade -> USF get a T34 at the time 25fuel later than a Panzer4

Choice of playing Allies, upgrade infantry to able to fight Axis infantry will cost Allies tanks come later. Not upgrading infantry will not able to hold points.

9 months ago
    ArgensaArgensa Posts: 14

That is indeed what I am thinking about. Wehr specifically has a very good grenade that they can get for free. USF can kinda hold Wehr off with the Infantry Company Commander (which gives free gun rack), reducing the cost for Weapon rack upgrade and Riflemen are actually pretty good infantry (enough to solo kill Grenadier early on without cover at most range).
    Soviet players would have to get to T70 to bully the short-ranged Panzerfaust and try to put everything in one basket (like a gamble about microing skill). With the T70, the Soviet player would HAVE to be able to dominate the map and delay the Panzer 4 enough until they get a way to counter it since everyone knows that Pz4 can **** T70 up really easily.
    I think that the best tank that Soviet players can get is the T70, then spam Su76 to counter the Pz4 thread (this was easier before since they nerfed the Su76's firerate by 1sec). But even if they do that, as the game progesses (if the Wehr player doesn't resign or lose 3 stars and die too early), the superior Pz4 and Stug3 will be able to beat the numerous but hard to control Soviet light vehicles).

That is another problem, Soviet and USF has cheap and numerous units (not THAT cheaper than Wehr though), which are pretty good in the early game since they can spread their forces on a larger area for better capping ability, however this becomes a burden as soon as minute 10 comes out since more unit = more micro = more macro = harder to play. Wehr players don't have to pay so much attention to so many units on the battlefield (especially tanks) against Soviet players since they have no kind of reliable grenades unless they get Guards or Shock troops (Penal's Satchel Charges takes too long to throw at units though).