[USF] [M1919A6 price and performance]

2 years ago
omar_empomar_emp United Arab EmiratesPosts: 531
edited August 2018 in Balance Feedback

Hi, what is the reason for M1919A6 to be still 70 MUN ?

you cant double it anymore, no more defensive position, why it still 70MUN for what it cost 70MUN?

it cost you a command ability slot already and now i dont see anyone use it anymore , and as riflemen got M1 Garand that arent a long range weapon to go with M1919A6 its more a medium range weapon and M1 Garand better goes with BAR and BAR can be doubled.

solutions, leave it at 70MUN, but unlocking weapon racks allows doubling it , or just drop the price 60MUN already

Comments

2 years ago
    thedarkarmadillothedarkar… Posts: 5,824
    TBH I think it would be interesting to swap it and the BAR. The 1919 has drawbacks that wouldn't make it a no Brainer, the BAR being doctrinal and locking out other options but double equipable and to the mobile tune of rifles feels appropriate for "infantry" company
    2 years ago
    omar_empomar_emp United Arab EmiratesPosts: 531

@thedarkarmadillo said:
    TBH I think it would be interesting to swap it and the BAR. The 1919 has drawbacks that wouldn't make it a no Brainer, the BAR being doctrinal and locking out other options but double equipable and to the mobile tune of rifles feels appropriate for "infantry" company

M1919 is meant for long range , so grenades cant be used except if enemy is coming closer to you , secondly if you are playing against a WHER he would just keep shooting you with rifle grenade to get you out of your cover , and if against a OKW volks flame grenade will get you out of cover and you wont be able to get back into it, as for me when i see someone using 3-4 riflemen squads i get 2 mortars or 2 LIEGs and i keep fighting him he must reposition or at least fallback just to get out of area of barrage, and at late game a WHER will just get you a panzerwerfer wait for your riflemen to shot and barrage you.

2 years ago
    SkysTheLimitSkysTheLi… Posts: 2,271
    Yeah i don't get why it's 70 Muni. I believe they made it that expensive specifically to make it harder to double up, so now that they are limited it's kind of a leftover change.
    2 years ago

For 70 muni it should have some kind of special ability again. Something like Rear Echelon Volley Fire if not exactly that. It won't pin enemies but it will suppress them and this would go a long to finally providing rifles some late game edge against Obers, Snipers, and maximum veteran Grenadiers/Volks. You can literally rule out rifleman as an effective late game unit once those guys start to show up and that enables Axis factions to emphasize artillery and armor in combination in a manner that USF has no reply to.

2 years ago

Its 70 Muni because its on a unit that beats senseless every other Axis mainline unit without upgrade in the first place.

2 years ago

One of them does not achieve much by itself. If you've let a USF player put more than 2 or 3 on his line you need to control the ammo points better.