Feedback - Commander Revamp

Comments

4 weeks ago
    Lnk003Lnk003 Posts: 386
    edited October 19
    4 weeks ago

NKVD RIFLE DISRUPTION

To fit the NKVD theme for this commander I suggest the edition of a RED BANNER command tank a T-34/85 that can buff soviet forces, and we just use a unreleased tank skin for it or just paint it red.

Also their is a voice line for such a unit (3:20)

4 weeks ago
    ComradComrad Posts: 99
    edited October 20

@SomeguyfromIdaho написал:
    NKVD RIFLE DISRUPTION

To fit the NKVD theme for this commander I suggest the edition of a RED BANNER command tank a T-34/85 that can buff soviet forces, and we just use a unreleased tank skin for it or just paint it red.

Also their is a voice line for such a unit (3:20)

It was. Now it will never happen. Only new units and abilities for Germans.

3 weeks ago
    Sander93Sander93 Posts: 15
    edited October 22

@Comrad said:

Ehm, new Commissar squad? Cavalry Riflemen? Mobile FHQ? Scorched Earth Policy?

3 weeks ago

@Sander93 написал:

@Comrad said:

Commissar squad - Useful?; Cavalry Riflemen - 6 Thompson's or 0 CP?; Mobile FHQ - without a forvard point, without an aura (perm)?; Scorched Earth Policy - The old version, when it was controlled all friendly territory? And flown Katyusha's rockets?

3 weeks ago
    RomanovRomanov Posts: 17

@Comrad said:

@Sander93 написал:

@Comrad said:

Commissar squad - Useful?; Cavalry Riflemen - 6 Thompson's or 0 CP?; Mobile FHQ - without a forvard point, without an aura (perm)?; Scorched Earth Policy - The old version, when it was controlled all friendly territory? And flown Katyusha's rockets?

The commisar squad is a pretty decent assault and support squad, i'd say roughly on parwith the artillary field officer ost has. cavalry rifles start with grease guns and are just 5 men. the forward HQ (assuming the soviet one) offers upgrade-free healing and reinforcing aswell as a free buff that requires a minimum of micromanagement, i see not much wrong with it. and the new scorched earth ability is frankly amazing at resource denial, it is an incredibly useful protection for your cutoff or to sabotage points that you cannot hold.the old katyusha barrages from the singleplayer are more damaging and impressive looking, but against cometent players i'd say they are less effective than this new ability.

3 weeks ago

@Romanov написал:

@Comrad said:

@Sander93 написал:

@Comrad said:

The commisar squad is a pretty decent assault and support squad, i'd say roughly on parwith the artillary field officer ost has. cavalry rifles start with grease guns and are just 5 men. the forward HQ (assuming the soviet one) offers upgrade-free healing and reinforcing aswell as a free buff that requires a minimum of micromanagement, i see not much wrong with it. and the new scorched earth ability is frankly amazing at resource denial, it is an incredibly useful protection for your cutoff or to sabotage points that you cannot hold.the old katyusha barrages from the singleplayer are more damaging and impressive looking, but against cometent players i'd say they are less effective than this new ability.

You're wrong.

3 weeks ago

This off topic, but with the lack of updates I've been thinking about other adjustments that could be made to units specifically about Volksgrenadier and Conscripts. While Volks can be overly powerful in 1v1 and 2v2 they can struggle 3v3 and 4v4, and with cons at least at my level most Soviet players prefer Penals, Guards, or just Maxim spam so here is my adjustment ideas:

Volksgrenadier
    Make STG-44 for Voks a BAR clone and make it 60 munitions per STG for a total of 120 munition this will make the unit stronger, but double the investment into the Unit

Allow Volks to build the Conscript's Sandbag Fighting Position their normal sandbags are to small to fit the 5 model unit

Conscripts
    Adjust veterancy (additions to existing Vet perks)
    VET 1: two Mosin–Nagant rifles are replaced with SVT-40s
    VET2: two Mosin–Nagant rifles are replaced with SVT-40s
    VET3 :two Mosin–Nagant rifles are replaced with SVT-40s

3 weeks ago

Bug:
    Captured and recrewed 250/1 is missing a gunner

3 weeks ago

@Comrad said:

@Romanov написал:

@Comrad said:

@Sander93 написал:

@Comrad said:

You're wrong.

Solid argument there mate

3 weeks ago

@Romanov написал:

@Comrad said:

@Romanov написал:

@Comrad said:

@Sander93 написал:

@Comrad said:

You're wrong.

Solid argument there mate

Ineffective, especially: Scorched Earth Policy.

3 weeks ago
    pablonanopablonano YesterdayPosts: 2,549

i dont really like the commisar squad as its skills are quite bad and its combat performance its worse than a non-doctrinal penal, i would never see the point of choosing it outside of the memes it can bring.

3 weeks ago

@pablonano написал:
    i dont really like the commisar squad as its skills are quite bad and its combat performance its worse than a non-doctrinal penal, i would never see the point of choosing it outside of the memes it can bring.

Commissar's need a Forward Point + aura heal, or aura inspiration, which will work constantly.

3 weeks ago
    Naya_TyanNaya_Tyan Russia Posts: 109

@SomeguyfromIdaho said:
    This off topic, but with the lack of updates I've been thinking about other adjustments that could be made to units specifically about Volksgrenadier and Conscripts. While Volks can be overly powerful in 1v1 and 2v2 they can struggle 3v3 and 4v4, and with cons at least at my level most Soviet players prefer Penals, Guards, or just Maxim spam so here is my adjustment ideas:

Volksgrenadier
    Make STG-44 for Voks a BAR clone and make it 60 munitions per STG for a total of 120 munition this will make the unit stronger, but double the investment into the Unit

Allow Volks to build the Conscript's Sandbag Fighting Position their normal sandbags are to small to fit the 5 model unit

Conscripts
    Adjust veterancy (additions to existing Vet perks)
    VET 1: two Mosin–Nagant rifles are replaced with SVT-40s
    VET2: two Mosin–Nagant rifles are replaced with SVT-40s
    VET3 :two Mosin–Nagant rifles are replaced with SVT-40s

This is a joke?!
    Conscripts
    1) Mosin = 12 Damage
    2) SVT-40 (an example of a detachment of the Penalty and the Guards arrows) = 10 damage.
    And do you want recruits to have SVT-40?
    In German, the G43 deals damage 16 and the accuracy is high.

3 weeks ago
    edited October 23

What is the best change the USSR should have?
    NKVD
    1) Rapid Conscription to replace it with Rapid Penalty.
    2) Detachment commissioner can be left.
    3) Commissar Tank. (T-34-76 or OT-34-76. What is OT-34? OT = T-34 Flamethrower Tank, in Russian: Огнеметный Танк-34. Because the KV-8 Tank is not very effective on T4 is better than it on T3 or remove him from the game or from the commanders.)
    4) Recon Flight. Better to leave it.
    5) "Arms of the Red Army" = Conscripts can arm with +4 SVT-40 or +3 AVT-40. Sappers can be armed with an assault kit (ROKS flamethrower and +3 PPSH-41). Penalties can build MT-35 and Sandbags (as in Conscripts).

3 weeks ago

Is this normal?

3 weeks ago
    thedarkarmadillothedarkar… Posts: 5,463
    > @Commissar_Squad_RU said:
    > @SomeguyfromIdaho said:
    > This off topic, but with the lack of updates I've been thinking about other adjustments that could be made to units specifically about Volksgrenadier and Conscripts. While Volks can be overly powerful in 1v1 and 2v2 they can struggle 3v3 and 4v4, and with cons at least at my level most Soviet players prefer Penals, Guards, or just Maxim spam so here is my adjustment ideas:
    >
    > Volksgrenadier
    > Make STG-44 for Voks a BAR clone and make it 60 munitions per STG for a total of 120 munition this will make the unit stronger, but double the investment into the Unit
    >
    > Allow Volks to build the Conscript's Sandbag Fighting Position their normal sandbags are to small to fit the 5 model unit
    >
    > Conscripts
    > Adjust veterancy (additions to existing Vet perks)
    > VET 1: two Mosin–Nagant rifles are replaced with SVT-40s
    > VET2: two Mosin–Nagant rifles are replaced with SVT-40s
    > VET3 :two Mosin–Nagant rifles are replaced with SVT-40s
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > This is a joke?!
    > Conscripts
    > 1) Mosin = 12 Damage
    > 2) SVT-40 (an example of a detachment of the Penalty and the Guards arrows) = 10 damage.
    > And do you want recruits to have SVT-40?
    > In German, the G43 deals damage 16 and the accuracy is high.

How many 6 man g43 squads are there?
    3 weeks ago
    pablonanopablonano YesterdayPosts: 2,549

@Comrad dijo:
    Commissar's need a Forward Point + aura heal, or aura inspiration, which will work constantly.

to be fair many things can be done to commissar, but i dont really see the point of making him an major 2.0

3 weeks ago

@pablonano написал:

@Comrad dijo:

to be fair many things can be done to commissar, but i dont really see the point of making him an major 2.0

Commissar this Commissar, no more

3 weeks ago

@thedarkarmadillo said:
    > @Commissar_Squad_RU said:
    > This off topic, but with the lack of updates I've been thinking about other adjustments that could be made to units specifically about Volksgrenadier and Conscripts. While Volks can be overly powerful in 1v1 and 2v2 they can struggle 3v3 and 4v4, and with cons at least at my level most Soviet players prefer Penals, Guards, or just Maxim spam so here is my adjustment ideas:
    >
    > Volksgrenadier
    > Make STG-44 for Voks a BAR clone and make it 60 munitions per STG for a total of 120 munition this will make the unit stronger, but double the investment into the Unit
    >
    > Allow Volks to build the Conscript's Sandbag Fighting Position their normal sandbags are to small to fit the 5 model unit
    >
    > Conscripts
    > Adjust veterancy (additions to existing Vet perks)
    > VET 1: two Mosin–Nagant rifles are replaced with SVT-40s
    > VET2: two Mosin–Nagant rifles are replaced with SVT-40s
    > VET3 :two Mosin–Nagant rifles are replaced with SVT-40s
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > This is a joke?!
    > Conscripts
    > 1) Mosin = 12 Damage
    > 2) SVT-40 (an example of a detachment of the Penalty and the Guards arrows) = 10 damage.
    > And do you want recruits to have SVT-40?
    > In German, the G43 deals damage 16 and the accuracy is high.

How many 6 man g43 squads are there?

Of course not. In one detachment of four people, the "grenadiers" are armed with 2x G43. This is already high efficiency against infantry in the long-range battle.
    SVT-40 and Mosina are not effective in the long-range only medium and close combat.

3 weeks ago
    @Commissar_Squad_RU

Cons are never going outperform grenadiers at long range. Instead the svt-40s are to increase their firepower on the move which would make them more useful and benefit the ppsh upgrade.
    3 weeks ago

@SomeguyfromIdaho said:
    @Commissar_Squad_RU

Cons are never going outperform grenadiers at long range. Instead the svt-40s are to increase their firepower on the move which would make them more useful and benefit the ppsh upgrade.

What is the point of penals when cons get SVTs too and are a lot cheaper? Penal PTRS is the worst in the game and the satchel charge is relatively useless unless your enemy is completely oblivious.

3 weeks ago
    Andy_REAndy_RE Posts: 193 admin

Hey all, the latest changes are now live and the notes are visible here.

https://community.companyofheroes.com/discussion/245307/commander-revamp-preview-changelog#latest

3 weeks ago
    thedarkarmadillothedarkar… Posts: 5,463
    > @Romanov said:
    > @Commissar_Squad_RU
    >
    > Cons are never going outperform grenadiers at long range. Instead the svt-40s are to increase their firepower on the move which would make them more useful and benefit the ppsh upgrade.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > What is the point of penals when cons get SVTs too and are a lot cheaper? Penal PTRS is the worst in the game and the satchel charge is relatively useless unless your enemy is completely oblivious.

Penals get insane accuracy buffs with vet and also don't need to vet up to get the svt? Seems pretty straightforward to me... Pay no or earn later.
    3 weeks ago

@Romanov

How about removing at rifles and sticky satchel and replacing it with "Lend-lease AT-package" which gives Penals a bazooka and a PIAT making actually good against tanks

3 weeks ago

@SomeguyfromIdaho said:
    @Romanov

How about removing at rifles and sticky satchel and replacing it with "Lend-lease AT-package" which gives Penals a bazooka and a PIAT making actually good against tanks

giving them 1 or 2 bazookas is certainly an interesting idea i would be in favor of, however i dont think it is "in scope of this update" or that the powers that be are too thrilled by it.

3 weeks ago
    GunOfGloryGunOfGlory Tucson,Arizona,USAPosts: 21

i know this is half on topic and half off topic but the us forces m4a3 sherman basic model tank needs have its fuel cost reduced make more in line with the ww2 ideology quantity vs quality i mean for every 5 sherman tanks there were only one tiger/panther tanks historically speaking and i know new revamp armor company cold reflect that like soviet t34 basic non 85mm version is like 80-90 fuel last glance and speaking to history us made shit tone Of sherman tanks and armor company fuel count for the lower then 80 like 70 and m10 could me 80 like is in new revamp but sherman needs little love too (disclaimer - im american with autism a mental disorder and posttraumatic stress disorder or formerly shell shock sorry for mad grammer and what not ) thanks for time give my input

3 weeks ago

A suggestion i would have regarding the cover fire from the cav rifles is to make enemy infantry hit the dirt and go into a crawling animation like the old barbed wire fields use to do? it would force them to stand still to fire back just like the rifles have to stand still to deliver the surpressive fire, not to mention it would work visually better with the concept of cover fire wihout having to drastically decrease the enemy accuracy while under cover fire.

3 weeks ago
    edited October 27

The IL2 change seems to have affected more commanders; here the guard rifle combine arms tactics in game that lost the IL2 ability:

Defensive doctrine:
    Concrete Bunkers: Right change imo, i still hope okw stuff will make it into wehr kappa. There is a lot you can do on the defensive theme like bring the flak truck into wehr .
    Commander lines at 2cp aren't right. It annouced the pack 43 unlock instead of entrenching tools (idk if the two are in the same line or two separate)

Urban Defense
    SOV Field hq/Medic tent: On the tactical map the icon could be a white cross like maps that have neutral hospital point. Maybe it's an issue because of my display idk but the green icon was a bit hard to spot.

Overwatch
    Early Warning System: I would hope that the flare ability of this commander could be planted by sturmpioneers, following the changes made on the booby trap.
    Imo the ability is completely broken currently because it's completely
    automatic, spammed on everypoint of the map, and instant as it doesn't matter how long you've own the point to have the trap installed unlike live booby trap that has a delay on the plant. It's completly free above that (comes with truck summoned)
    Arty flares are even more broken and just an i win button as well.
    The design of those two are a bit weird compared to uk early warning that has some limitation either limited to the frontline or have a muni cost (arty has a cost but can be used everywhere on the map). //endrant

3 weeks ago

Anti Tank Overwatch (New ability - replaces IL2 Sturmovik). Well, it's a nice ability, but wouldn't it be more appropriate to include it in the Tak Hunters dcotrine? (P.S. I think you could give the NKVD a good heavy vechicle, like ISU-152, IS-2 or at least B4 howitzer with improved direct fire.