This thread is about me compare Defensive doc between OKW & OST, pointing out how OP of this doc on OKW
Here is an image compare abilities between 2 Axis faction.
- At first, about the similarity. Both have Pak43. The Pak43 (40fuel/10pop) is too cheap & low pop compares to Qpounder-17 (75fuel/17pop), while most of Allied tanks are fragile & die in 2 hits. Beside, shooting through everything make Pak43 too powerful, cheap to build but hard to destroy in Urban maps. I really hope to see ‘shooting through everything’ will be removed.
- Both have similar offmap Sector/Zeroing Arty. This is not a really big deal in OST, but powerful in OKW, I will talk about this later
- Sturm can build Tank traps/Flak placements, Trenches vs Pion can build Tank traps. I think this is enough to explain how much Op of this OKW commander slot, 3 abilities in 1.
- Volks can build Smine, bunker (and sandbag) vs Grens can build Trenches, Barbed wire, Sandbag (and bunker). OKW already have Flak to defend from infantry, they don’t need Bunker. With both Flak & Bunker, they can access to whatever they have. If they’re low of fuel, they build Bunker. If they’re low of ammo, they build Flak. So yes, again OKW is more powerful to have Bunker ability.
- LeFH18 vs Hulldown. Hulldown actually get tanks immobile, which is not a big deal. However, LeFH18 in OKW is a big problem.
Here is the best OST can setup their defense with Defensive doc
Tank traps block tank movement, stay behind are mine fields protected by Bunkers, behind Bunkers is Pak43 with indirect fire of Mortar & Panzerwerfer. This defensive can be break through with mass arty.
Here is OKW setup defense with Fortified doc
Which tactic for Allied that able to break through Tank trap with better barbed wire, Schumine/Sminefield behind the Tank trap wall protected by Flak/Bunker, while SchewererPanzer HQ & Pak43 behind Flak/Bunker, with LeFH18 + Stuka & Zeroing Arty keeping bombar the Allied. This defensive is even impossible to scout because Spotlight can detect camo infantry, while Flak can shoot down Recon plane.