Call in tanks

4 months ago
C3ToothC3Tooth Posts: 242
edited December 2018 in General Discussion

Back then when all tanks/vehicles in commanders were call in, this thing is actually really great for 3 reasons:

• No tier required
  • No build time, enough fuel and you get it immediately
  • Call in makes player can do both build tank & call in tank at the same time

But now all call in tanks/vehicles are locked into tier. This change the gameplay for Allied alot.
... Soviet counter attack was my favorite for its unique ability For mother Russia with all infantries, weapon teams able to sprint, with KV1 on the lead. This commander only required Tier1 & 2 to play. Today snapping KV1 in Tier4 cause Soviet has to throw away 180fuel to tech with build time. Not mention For mother Russia is nerfed down.
... Same to USF Armor company without Major required, as Sherman Bull replace Sherman, Wolverine replace Jackson, Offmap barrage replace Major barrage. Today snapping Wolverine into Major makes Wolverine pointless.

Most call in Allied tanks are medium, Sherman4C, T34-85,Sherman Bull, Wolverine. While Axis call in are Heavy, and they doesnt require Tier to call in a Tiger. Think about you need time to build & Tier4 to build a KV1, but your opponent OST doesnt have to tech Tier4 to call a Tiger. Think about you need 2 mins to build 2 T34-85 and destroy a Kingtiger, and that tank pop up on the field again immediately. Boom.

To make it fair, all tanks/vehicles should be snapped into Tier and take time to build it. Panzer command in Tier3, Tiger should be in Tier4, King/Jad/Sturmtiger/Panther command should be in PanzerHQ (this may make the lost too great if Allied able to destroy PanzerHQ)

Balancing units is a thing - Balancing utility of factions is a thing (as the last thread I said LeFH in OKW is too op compares to LeFH in OST) - And Balancing time build is also a thing

What do you think?

Comments

4 months ago
    Somehow the command panther has dodged this treatment thus far, despite being the vehicle most obviously in need of tech locking. I liked the price premium idea that relic had applied in a preview at one point, however that was scrapped and only some tanks became tech locked.

Somehow the okw Ostwind requires the flak hq but the command panther does not, so there's little to no rationale behind what call-in tanks are tech locked and which ones aren't.
    4 months ago
    Lnk003Lnk003 Posts: 411
    edited December 2018

Imo the only real issue is the cooldown. It doesn't really matter and has almost no impact, particulary on heavies. I wish they turned them into building time.

4 months ago
    VipperVipper Posts: 3,721
    edited December 2018

@SkysTheLimit said:
    Somehow the command panther has dodged this treatment thus far, despite being the vehicle most obviously in need of tech locking. I liked the price premium idea that relic had applied in a preview at one point, however that was scrapped and only some tanks became tech locked.

Somehow the okw Ostwind requires the flak hq but the command panther does not, so there's little to no rationale behind what call-in tanks are tech locked and which ones aren't.

There is a rationale, Command panther is limited to 1 and the majority (if not all) of call-in tanks limited to 1 do not have a tech requirement.

4 months ago

I'd much rather have the Command Panther put in T4 and have its high cost brought down. It's performance is arguably on par with a regular Panther because it doesn't get any combat veterancy for itself, but costs so much more. It should be ~550MP/200FU.

4 months ago
    > @Vipper said:
    > There is a rationale, Command panther is limited to 1 and the majority (if not all) of call-in tanks limited to 1 do not have a tech requirement.

Forgive my grammar, there is little to no GOOD rationale. The limit is far from enough as the limited call-ins can be instantly replaced if you have the resources (common in team-games). There needs to be a build time for everything, and I don't think anyone can disagree that call-ins requiring slightly more planning would be nice.
    4 months ago
    VipperVipper Posts: 3,721

@SkysTheLimit said:
    Forgive my grammar, there is little to no GOOD rationale. The limit is far from enough as the limited call-ins can be instantly replaced if you have the resources (common in team-games). There needs to be a build time for everything, and I don't think anyone can disagree that call-ins requiring slightly more planning would be nice.

I don't disagree I am simply explaining the logic. I have suggested many times that call-in limited to 1 should there CD start when they are destroyed and not when they actually enter the field.

3 months ago
    > @Vipper said:
    > @SkysTheLimit said:
    > Forgive my grammar, there is little to no GOOD rationale. The limit is far from enough as the limited call-ins can be instantly replaced if you have the resources (common in team-games). There needs to be a build time for everything, and I don't think anyone can disagree that call-ins requiring slightly more planning would be nice.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > I don't disagree I am simply explaining the logic. I have suggested many times that call-in limited to 1 should there CD start when they are destroyed and not when they actually enter the field.

That would be nice making losing that tank much more punishing.