Base Game and DLC Package Issues

8 months ago

Hey everyone,

It has come to our attention that some users who have previously obtained or bought COH2 DLC content are unable to access the base game through the current promotion. Similarly, some users who have bought the Master Collection or another bundle through this promotion are having a similar problem playing the base game content.

We are sorry to hear you guys are having these problems and are working to identify and fix them.

If you have had one of these issues, please post in this thread detailing the following. This will help us get to the bottom of these problems sooner :)

1) What content you are currently unable to access

2) Any content you bought or obtained for COH2, stating whether bought or obtained before or during this promotion

3) Any additional information providing more context

Again, apologies for the inconvenience,

Andy

Comments

8 months ago

I saw the promotion, clicked the link, got offered some DLC pack and figured I would buy this also.
    After I installed the game and went to play it the Soviet Campaign told me to purchase it instead of letting me play. I clicked the link.. and got told I already had the game in library.

These are the dlc's I apparently have: https://gyazo.com/c4d9e68354dc79ddbd9e2c273250093d

This is what I see in game: https://gyazo.com/af7dfac6cb4ec74a4a4d561bfd580da3

This is what I get when I click the purchase link: https://gyazo.com/3e700c4e2fecdd32cb81390bf09a30f3

It also says: "install steam" which is b.s. since I have Steam installed... and running as I write this.

8 months ago
    pughypughy Posts: 1

Hi, I am having exactly the same issue as Dracae. Same DLCs, same message about purchasing.

8 months ago

Hi Andy,

Firstly, thank you for noticing and highlighting the problem.
    Secondly, pertaining to your questions:
    The campaign. Whenever i enter the page it shows, Purchase/cancel aand when purchase is clicked it shows i have it in my steam library. So that is the conundrum.
    2) Any content you bought or obtained for COH2, stating whether bought or obtained before or during this promotion
    The OKW multiplayer pack. Which has allowed me to play the OKW on multiplayer and not the campaign. So with this celebration, i should be able to get the campaign.
    I could priovide you a more detailed timeline.
    -bought the OKW multiplayer DLC. With it i could install the and play the game but no campaign.
    -anniversery giveaway. which gives the campaign. with this i would technically get the campaign and have the OKW.
    the campaign would not run as it says i have to purchase and when i enter the purchase site, it says i have the game already.

Thank you Andy and i hope you can solve this so that we will all be able to play this great game. Thank you

8 months ago

Hello!

Me myself are having some problems.

The Base game. Cant play Soviet or Wehrmacht.

I bought the package with CoH 2 and Western fronts.

8 months ago

Problem here too!

Bought master bundle and unable to access the soviet union campaign.

Nothing

Nothing

8 months ago

Hello!
    I bought master budle pack and I unable to accsess the soviet union campaign.

8 months ago

hello!
    I have same issue for can not select soviet, and Wehrmacht also cannot play campaign.

of course i bought Master collection bundle

8 months ago

hi,
    My friend have the same issue about this game after he bought the master collection, he say that the soviet campaign and the wehrmacht is blocked by the "purchase" button, as I have searched my COH2 Master Collection full DLC (I've bought it in 2017) and then i realized that his COH2 - master collection DLC list didn't have the "Company of Heroes 2 - Standard Game", and i've assumed that this missing DLC caused the soviet and the wehrmacht is blocked.

8 months ago
    SymbioosSymbioos Posts: 1
    edited December 2018

Hi,

I played the vCoH, saw GCS2 from last year on youtube, decided that i wanted to play, it just so happens that everything was 75% off so i bought the master pack.

Wehrmacht and Soviet campaigns are blocked, Soviet and Wehrmacht armys are also blocked in auto match.

How did you guys manage to sell a "master pack" without the base game registering in the game? I have to admit that this is the first time i'v seen something like this :)

8 months ago

I requested a Steam- refund for the DLC's I bought.

If the game some day works and the DLC's are still cheap... I might buy them again..

8 months ago

Steam refunded my DLC. I reinstalled and it seems to work now.

8 months ago
    SamuSamu Posts: 3
    edited December 2018

Hi! I had Company of Heroes 2 already in my collection BEFORE "free download" offer. I got it from Company of Heroes 1 bundle probably. I installed it and i couldn't play with Soviet or Wehrmacht. I guess i had Russian version or something. Then i bought Master Collection and i thought it would fix issue but no. Also i can't play campaign.

Edit: I'm trying reinstalling.
    Edit2: I noticed now that i had DLC: COH2 - The Western Front Armies: Oberkommando West added: 15.4.2017. I have no clue if i had The Base Game or not before this event.
    Edit3: Reinstalling didn't help... :/ Waiting for fix...

Okay... So there was fix but it wont work anymore because it's not free anymore:
    https://steamcommunity.com/app/231430/discussions/0/1745605598709136478/?ctp=16

What now?

8 months ago
    edited December 2018

Dear Relic. Why you make topic about this problem and don't post the solution when your staff knows about it!? Now you need to solve this problem with many angry customers. I suggest you extend this giveaway and post information about it to this thread and to this: https://steamcommunity.com/app/231430/discussions/0/1745605598709136478/ and also everywhere you can. Or also you could send us who have issues with legally bought copy a cd key so we can activate our product.

8 months ago

Hello, I have the same affair as Dracae. I bought the COH 2 Master collection on Steam. I'm going to turn on the game, everything goes as it is, but it will not let me do it for the Soviets campaign. It tells me I have to buy the game. When I go to the store, it tells me that the game is already bought and I have it in the library and even though I'm registered for steam, it shows me to install the steam.

https://uloz.to/!EQLDkPwANbzZ/00001-jpg

https://uloz.to/!XQceOL2LmPBS/00002-jpg

https://uloz.to/!M8udx19xg4qz/00003-jpg

8 months ago

I downloaded Free CoH2 give away and then purchased the Master Collection. I installed everything , tried to play and it would not even load. It went to "Error Report - Bug Splat " I sent the report in and uninstalled the game, then re installed it. It does the same thing. I stuck.

8 months ago
    Andy_REAndy_RE Posts: 260 admin

Hey everyone,

Apologies that these issues persist.

We are working with Valve to find a solution for you all.

I appreciate this is frustrating.

Just letting you know we are still working on this problem. I will post an update here once resolved.

Andy

8 months ago

There's a temporary fix I found out,

If you go to steam support and remove the portion of COH 2 that you own (probably the oberkommando), you can request to remove it from your library then go back to install the game. It probably doesn't work anymore since the game isnt free anymore

8 months ago

Hi. Sega support solved my problem. They send me CD-key to activate retail game. Thanks for help Sega!

8 months ago
    CoonCoon Posts: 1
    edited December 2018

Bought Company of Heroes 2 Master Collection on the action on steam is available only to the company for the Americans (something related to the Ardennes) and the rest of the content is not available writes that allegedly need to buy a new one....

8 months ago

Hi everyone,

Apologies once more to everyone experiencing this issue. The problem is taking longer to resolve than we had both hoped and anticipated.

We are still working on a technical fix with Valve that should work for everybody.

However, if you want to get this sorted as soon as possible, please contact SEGA support. https://support.sega.co.uk/hc/en-us

The support team is aware of these issues and has been successfully solving this issue for other players. They should be able to get you access to your content.

Thanks everybody, apologies again, and bear with us a little longer.

Andy

8 months ago

Hey everyone,

We have just implemented a fix that we hope will have resolved this issue for all users. In short, we have changed the configuration of the problem packages, and forced them to recognize ownership of base game content.

Please verify game files and restart Steam to be sure.

This new fix should resolve issues for everyone, but if for some reason it does not work for you, please contact SEGA support here: https://support.sega.co.uk/hc/en-us

Hopefully, you all get to enjoy your content over the holiday season!

Thanks very much folks,

Andy

7 months ago

Hello, thank you very much for the resolution of the problem and wish for a successful and beautiful New Year.

7 months ago
    AcBoomerAcBoomer Posts: 1

why cant i log in i created new profile and all and it just says name and pass incorrect

2 weeks ago
    CerealsebiCerealsebi Posts: 1

I bought a collection but can't play any campaign, it says the szenario file is missing.
    It downloads 28gb an in steam library it says installed.
    I have :- Standard game
    Western Front Armies
    British forces

pls help me