[ALL][ALL] Max Damage output

6 months ago
BogeyfoxBogeyfox Posts: 148
edited January 4 in Balance Feedback

The maximal damage output for units is pretty much biased between Allied and Axis units. Axis has much more potent units imho.

Vipper provided a new Link for the COH stats: https://coh2db.com/stats/

I'm not sure how the DPS is calculated for the graphs but doing the basic math provides a different picture.
Taking OST engineers, Soviet Cons, OKW St.Pios and Tommies using a basic formular provided by Vipper in his "guide to D.P.S basics" considering the attacked unit is in red cover (i.e. 1.25 *1,25 Damage and Acc) shows the following for a full squad at near range:
OST Eng: 92.6
Soviet Cons: 85.2
St. Pios: 194
Tommies: 59.8

Far:
OST Eng: 17.25
Soviet Cons: 40.07
St.Pios: 125.93
Tommies: 52.9

Please note that the red cover multiplier just changes the max amount of damage but not the differences in the units.

Burst weapons need some rework esp. to their accuracy. ST.Pios have better acc on far range than Cons, i.e. the sub will do a better work at far range than the rifle. This defies reality and logic....

Btw. why does red cover give a Damage Multiplier and not only an Acc-Mult. ?

Comments

6 months ago
    LazarusLazarus Posts: 4,018
    But when I charge my Sturms at cons I lose a model and cons automatically retreat and therefore I lose models but they dont so according to you Sturms need a long range buff?

Also why did you compare automatic infantry to rifle infantry? Of course they do more damageat close range. That's entirely the point
    6 months ago
    If you think its off topic report me.
    6 months ago
    KatitofKatitof Posts: 6,595

That's not how it works.

Any single value that isn't DPS will be misleading and lacking any context.

6 months ago
    SkysTheLimitSkysTheLi… Posts: 2,268
    > @Bogeyfox said:
    > ST.Pios have better acc on far range than Cons, i.e. the sub will do a better work at far range than the rifle. This defies reality and logic....

They defy reality and logic because your numbers are wrong. How did you calculate sturms long range dps? Your numbers suggest they can do 1.5 models worth of damage at long range. That's far from true, so re-check your math
    6 months ago
    SkysTheLimitSkysTheLi… Posts: 2,268
    @Bogeyfox No thank you. The argument you made doesn't even make sense either way, you compared dps of SMG engineer units to bolt action infantry. There's no logic here
    6 months ago
    edited January 5
    Tested in cheat mod. You're so wrong CEs beat Sturms at max range with both squads on red cover.

Show your working because your math is so far off it's not funny.

Edit: adding some screens to pre-empt the "prove it". CoH2 says your math is wrong, I'm just the messenger. There's a screenshot that shows they both have 0 kills 0 vet, and then there's a screenshot every time a model dies. Wire is to stop people running off the road.
    6 months ago
    > @Bogeyfox said:
    > @Lazarus said:
    > Tested in cheat mod. You're so wrong CEs beat Sturms at max range with both squads on red cover.
    >
    > Show your working because your math is so far off it's not funny.
    >
    > Edit: adding some screens to pre-empt the "prove it". CoH2 says your math is wrong, I'm just the messenger. There's a screenshot that shows they both have 0 kills 0 vet, and then there's a screenshot every time a model dies. Wire is to stop people running off the road.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > How many times did you test it? 1 time? then it might be Random numbers. Test it 10xTimes. Btw I had no Sov. Eng. So what were you trying to prove? Something that's not even there? Or that the DB-Stats are false?
    > Yes, the stats for ST.Pios in the DB are likely to be wrong for mid and far range. Won't change close range.

It's not random numbers. Post your own test to prove me wrong.

I picked Soviet Engineers because they are THE worst Allied unit in the game hands down. Their combat performance is so awful it's a living meme. All other Allied inf that you listed will perform *better* than CEs.

I never said the DB got the numbers wrong and I dont think they are. I think that you personally have made a mistake. You need to show which numbers you added together to get what you got - because the game vehemently disagrees with you so how can we trust you got any of it right when you're so demonstrably wrong?
    6 months ago
    Sander93Sander93 Posts: 49

@Bogeyfox said:
    The logic is that units with burst still deal a lot more damage in mid and far range. This makes no logic.

They are wielding automatic assault rifles, not submachine guns. It does make sense that they still perform quite well at medium range. Hell if we're taking realism into account they should even be equal at far range as assault rifles are basically superior to bolt action rifles in every way except maybe very high range accuracy.

6 months ago
    KatitofKatitof Posts: 6,595

Burst duration gets shorter with distance.
    Again, any other isolated stat that is not DPS is misleading.