SOVIET NEW COMMANDER PROPOSALS

Comments

4 months ago
    JoguzzJoguzz Posts: 1

Soviet - Infantry Assault Tactics

Outgunned but never outnumbered, a Soviet assault is a fearsome thing to witness. Take to the frontline with powerful conscript squads, pushed forward by their superior officers. Forward Headquarters allow for quick reinforcements while preparing the next attack.

Slot 1: (PASSIVE) KV-1 Heavy Tank OR (PASSIVE) T-34/85 Medium Tank
    -Identical to their existing counterparts.
    -Available from 0CP

Slot 2: Forward Headquarters
    -Identical to Urban Defense Tactics’ Forward Headquarters
    -Available from 1CP

Slot 3: Commissar Squad
    -Identical to NKDV Rifle Disruption Tactics’ Commissar Squad
    -Available from 2CP

Slot 4: Conscript Assault Package Upgrade
    -Identical to Conscript Assault Package Upgrade used by various commanders
    -Available from 3CP

Slot 5: For Mother Russia!
    -Identical to Counterattack Tactics’ For Mother Russia!
    -Available at 6 CP

Strategies and Rational
    This commander is meant to give conscript builds a bit more oomph, and allow for more aggressive playstyles. Where earlier conscript-centered commanders focus on utility (such as conscript repairs and anti-tank capabilities), this one improves their presence and combat effectiveness through forward reinforcement and the commissar. It also allows for build flexibility, as conscripts are T0. Many enjoy playing conscripts, and I think this commander would bring something unique to Soviet early-game, while still maintaining late-game potential thanks to the commissar squad buffs and abilities. The commissar squad cannot be merged with either, preventing potential cheese.

Forward Headquarters offers some commander choice for an aggressive infantry player, or a team game player wanting to support their team, rather then being forced to play Urban Defense Tactics. I think the ability is interesting, and deserves to see more use.

For Mother Russia! works well with conscripts, as their low cost means more numbers, allowing for powerful pushes from several directions. Its relatively high munitions cost ensures it won’t get spammed, especially with the numerous abilities conscripts have (as well as the Assault Package).

While a T-34/85 would be nice to include, I’m unsure if it makes the commander too powerful. The commander lacks AT capabilities, which is why there is a case for the T-34/85 to be included. However, the KV-1 works well as a spearhead in assaults, tanking shots which would demolish a medium tank. It also fits better with the early war theme that the commander is inspired by. I’ll leave both options in the suggestion, and let more experienced people then me decide which is better if this gets accepted. Tanks heavier then the KV-1, such as the IS-2, feel too big to fit the commander theme.

4 months ago
    LurKatWurKLurKatWurK Posts: 6
    edited January 16

Soviet Maskirovka Operations

Confuse the enemy with expertly-laid deception plans. Hide units in plain sight using camouflage, disrupt supply lines with false radio communiqués, and spook the enemy with dummy forces and false barrages. Use the enemy's paranoia to your advantage!

Doctrine Ability 1

0CP - Concealment Expertise

• Allows infantry squads to go into camouflage mode when in cover. Weapon crews, vehicles, and production buildings can be camouflaged via individual upgrades
    • Upgrades cost 40 munitions

Doctrine Ability 2

4CP - False Communiqué

• Allows Engineers to set up radio beacons in enemy sectors that send out false radio communications, reducing a sector's income
    • Beacon is hidden until detected by nearby enemies
    • Costs 100 MP

Doctrine Ability 3

8CP - Decoy Barrage

• Drops red smoke on a target area, making the enemy think that an offensive ability is on the way
    • Comes complete with either artillery barrage noise, aircraft engines, or rockets
    • Costs 10 munitions

Doctrine Ability 4

10CP - Dummy Batteries

• Allows the construction of both actual ML-20 152mm howitzers and dummy ML-20 pieces on the field
    • Dummy ML-20s automatically 'fire' when real ML-20s are firing, confusing the enemy and making it harder to determine where the real barrage originated from
    • Costs 190 MP

Doctrine Ability 5

12CP - Sector Concealment

• Barrage an enemy sector and its adjacent sectors with smoke shells, effectively concealing them from the enemy's line of sight
    • Costs 200 munitions

Strategies and Rationale

Soviet military deception relied heavily on tactical, operational, and strategic deception operations aimed at denying important information from the enemy. Instead of relying solely on brute force, this doctrine focuses on deceiving the enemy and making him under- or overestimate your forces and lead him to commit fatal blunders. If you've played Command and Conquer Generals Zero Hour as the GLA Stealth general Prince Kassad, then you've got a hint at how this doctrine works.

Concealment makes for good ambush opportunities, especially in tight urban maps. Vehicle and building concealment/camo nets are individual upgrades to suit other players' tastes.

Decoy barrages and dummy batteries can both confuse and scare enemy players, making them think that heavy shells are gonna rain on their precious units, or even worse, their base (although the latter can only be covered by ML-20s and not commander abilities). Best used with an artillery-equipped ally to up the ante.

Sector Concealment works the same as the 'GPS Scrambler' ability from Generals Zero Hour, in that it temporarily hides units within them from view. Of course, that means the units are also blind, but if you've planned out their route this is a non-issue. Useful for late-game pushes to surprise a cornered/turtling enemy.

4 months ago

Here my Soviet commander suggestion
    Not a Step Back! Tactics.
    Mixed previous commander abilities. Wanted have a commander to feel Soviet anger in my fingers against Wermacht:

4 months ago
    YappirYappir Posts: 42

@karapapagan
    Great doctrine! If it would be picked up by game developers i would definitly buy it. Again, similar to mine, what is the bigegst reason to be honest. I am interested in concript doctrines as I love to play them and I feel like they are underdogs. I feel like your sugestion couls use some arty or off map to bust off static heavy fortification like 37mm or 20mm anti air guns. I feel like your doctrine is a bit.. bloby. I would like to see soemthing that pairs up with infantry play but is not directly infantry or infantry bonus. Like for example the off map i mentioned that can help but is not infantry itself.

4 months ago
    ComradComrad Posts: 118

@Yappir написал:
    @karapapagan
    Great doctrine! If it would be picked up by game developers i would definitly buy it. Again, similar to mine, what is the bigegst reason to be honest. I am interested in concript doctrines as I love to play them and I feel like they are underdogs. I feel like your sugestion couls use some arty or off map to bust off static heavy fortification like 37mm or 20mm anti air guns. I feel like your doctrine is a bit.. bloby. I would like to see soemthing that pairs up with infantry play but is not directly infantry or infantry bonus. Like for example the off map i mentioned that can help but is not infantry itself.

Speaking of infantry, that's a very important part. So we need to equip the Engineers.
    https://community.companyofheroes.com/discussion/243676/new-commander-logistic-support-tactics#latest

4 months ago
    YappirYappir Posts: 42
    edited January 24

I just read that there is a limit of one sugestion per faction.
    While unaware i made another sugestion.
    I would like to withdraw this sugestion.
    I am keeping it for the track record.

I decided to get carried with my fantasies and create doctrine that is not created out of in-game features. I understand that this may led of doctrine not being added but hey, we can speculate.

Soviet Airborne doctrine:

3CP - Soviet Paratroopers - 420 MP
    Bellow avrage tpughness, very good accurecy. SVT 40 rifles. 6 men squad.
    Soviets don't have any infantry that excess at long range combat.
    No improvments, 2 weapon slots
    AP grenades
    Smoke grenades
    4 CP - reacon overflight
    6 CP - supply drop - 120 ammo
    plane drop a create contaning 2 Dp28, 2 PTRS rifle, 10 fuel, 3 medkits
    10 CP - Ił-2 strafing run
    10 CP - Ił-2 rocket barrage
    Similar to streginf run Ił-2 will fly by and bomb arrea with rockets. These are esepcialy good agaist tanks.
    If game developers can't quickly add rockets to IŁs i sugest repacing it with Anti Tank Bombing Strike.

Theme of the doctrine is obviously Soviet Airforce. We have plenty of soviet doctrines that have planes but non of them is fully focused on planes. Maybe it is posible to change it.

This doctrine should be choosen around 3 CP. It can be played no matter what was your opening. It works well with soviet meta. Pentals? Conscripts spam? Machineguns? You name it parrots is what you need.
    We can add red parots to anything. They only need something in front of them. Specialy that they could use some infantry capable to fight off tanks. Like AT pentals or even a brave consripts with AT grenade.

Another interesting ability is supply drop. We can drop it using animation from osttruppen ability where similar thing happen. Could not afford hospital? We have here a medkits for your most wonded units. Need an MG or PTRS for your conscripts or pentals to give them a bit more claw agaist beefy OKW units? Here you go. You can even customazie your red parots. There is also 10 fuel if you need a bit of gas. This ability can also be handed to your ally who is in need of theese supplys. It can also be droped mid battle to help your troops. However there is a risk of supplys being taken over by germans who will rush to sieze your equipment. It cost plenty of ammo so i imagien this ability would be hard to spam. However it does provide plenty of equipment. I imagine change of cost might be requierd in this doctrine for sake of balance.

At the very end we have some airforce support options.

This doctrine is somewhat ammo intence so i imagine that player playing it might focus a bit more on ammo or even drop an ammo catche, what is rare in soviet play.

Balance might be needed in the futhure. If the planes prove hard to play they might be changed into IŁ-2 patrols (the one where the fly over battlezone and attack targets, i am not sure how they are called).
    I imagine that this doctrine has plenty of potential but from the other hand its abilities are very limited becouse of ammunition limitation.

4 months ago
    MessaMessa Posts: 2
    edited January 17

Soviet New Commander Proposal

Commander Name: Concentrated Defense Tactics

Theme: Exhausted German advance in the winter allow the Soviet to quickly resupplies their troops with better equipment. DShK 38 Heavy Machine Gun can be requisite to replace the outdated Maxim, HM-38 can be called in for better coverage of indirect fire, Conscript can be upgraded with a newly developed PTRS-41 Anti-Tank Rifle for better combat capability against German Tanks. Though the German Luftwaffe are still control the sky, should the German advance grind to a halt, a counterattack with our new T-34/85 supported by Guard Rifle Infantry should be enough to turn the tide of war.

Unit and Ability Roster
    Slot 1: (Passive) T-34/85 Medium Tank

Slot 2: Conscript PTRS Package

Slot 3: Guard Rifle Infantry

Slot 4: DShK 38 Heavy Machine Gun

Slot 5: HM-38 120mm Mortar Squad

Strategies and Rational

It is currently more rewarding and more versatile to play with active strategy like overwhelming Penal Battalion combined with fast moving troops due to the old strategy such as defensive oriented one usually fall short against OKW's aggressive style. This commander aim to emphasizing on static defense like DShK 38 and HM-38 mortar and should allow the player to give a defensive role a try.

The Roster of this commander may look impressive, but really this commander is completely handicapped at the endgame as it has no off-map ability and the nature of this play style usually used up all the population point in mid-game. At late game it maybe difficult to commit any meaningful offense as the population point may not be enough to bring out enough T-34/85 and Guard Rifle Infantry to be effective. And this commander maybe vulnerable to artillery but it should not be a problem if the troops is frequently re-positioned.

Additional Context

This commander is aim to reminiscence the turning point of war near Moscow in Operation Barbarossa in late 1941 where the front line are closer to Soviet capital and industrial districts and allow new equipment to emerge at the front line more frequent, plus the resources the Soviet keep hoarding during the outbreak of the war will now come into play and will allow the Soviet troops to be better equipped during this period of war.

4 months ago
    karapapagankarapapag… Posts: 16
    edited January 27

Here my alternate Soviet commander suggestion
    Elite Force Tactics

Soviet faction have many commanders but most of abilites don't let player to hold their positions, main reason is lack of defensive unit options Brits have some options to being more stronger defensive line Okw too but Soviet and Wehrmacht need some improvements.
    Wanted add some new abilities with this commander they are in game and just waiting for use. Maybe OT-34 could be swap with an arty strike but OT-34 will bring new strategy options for player.

Used in-game units which is All Units mod already have:

Mortar Pits 350MP-25 Fuel with 7 popcap
    Pozharsky squad 150MP with 6 popcap
    Anti-Tank conscript squad 320MP with 8 popcap (Bazooka upgrade cost 55amm)
    OT-34 Stationary tank costs 380MP 45fuel with 10 popcap,
    Veteran T-34/85 costs 420MP-150Fuel with 16 popcap (Only one is avaliable)

4 months ago

Very good general as for me ! I Need it ! Like ^_^

4 months ago
    Naya_TyanNaya_Tyan Russia Posts: 122
    edited January 18

@karapapagan said:
    Elite Force Tactics

OT-34 Stationary tank costs 380MP 40fuel with 10 popcap,
    Veteran T-34/85 costs 420MP-150Fuel with 16 popcap

Hello I wish @karapapagan
    I also wanted to offer to the account of OT-34, but not T-34-76 but T-34-85.
    And so everything is very well thought out.
    Only I think to change the "Mortar Bit" to "defensive structure."
    Will you tell me why?
    I think that the “Fortification” will be included:

• Mortar Bit
    • Machine Gun Emplacement
    • Emplacement ZiS-3 Bit

OT-34 can be left!) And so the defensive structure of the USSR is not in the game ((((
    Only she needs to give 85mm gun and not 76mm.

I have one question: why don't you want to replace the "Anti-Tank Conscript Squad" with the "Soviet War Machine"?

4 months ago
    ssanti93ssanti93 Posts: 4
    edited January 20

Soviet Commander Proposal

Commander Name: Elite Guards Army

Theme: Combine the best of every branch of the soviet army to crush anything that stand between you and the victory

Unit and Ability Roster

Slot 1: (Passive) 0CP Elite snipers:
    Soviet snipers receive a spotter (becoming 2 men squad), the spotter is unarmed.
    Sniper get the ability "Always on the target" very similar to focus fire from su 85, they lose LOS from the surrounding area but get double LOS in the direction they are facing, they can’t move but they can reposition in the place they are like a AT gun or machine gun.

Slot 2: 4CP IL-2 Smoke bombs
    Same as the one in Ostheer Storm doctrine commander but instead of a stuka is a IL-2 model

Slot 3: 7CP Vehicle crew repairs training
    Same as the one in Guard motor coordination tactics commander

Slot 4: 8CP B4 203mm howitzer OR ML-20 152 mm gun howitzer
    Same as the Counterattack tactics commander (for the B4) OR Soviet Shock trooper commander (ML-20 152)

Slot 5: 17CP Call in an elite IS-2 heavy tank
    Work the same as the elite tiger. A veteran (3) IS-2 come to your aid, can only be call once and have access to smoke (like ostheer panzer tactician) will in battlefield, your manpower and fuel are drastically reduced

Strategies and Rational

Use snipers to recon the frontline and drain manpower from your enemy
    Vehicle repairs will help you to keep your tanks alive
    Use your access to artillery to crush any fortify position in the front
    Planes will cover your advance or retreat
    And finally, the IS2 will destroy any German kitty (panther, tigers, ...)

4 months ago
    MegaMega Posts: 1
    edited January 20

Soviet Final Advance Tactics
    Use the might of the Red Army for one final Advance. Use the flexibility of your Infantry and Tanks in combination
    with Artillery and Airsupport to break even the strongest of devensve lines

0CP T34/85
    Allows the construction of T34/85

2CP Conscript Squad Upgrade
    Gives Conscripts a 7th Suad Member + hit the dirt ability + can lay pmd 6 AP-mines

4CP Spyplane
    Spyplanes scout the Battlefield

8CP M1937 Howitzer
    Pioniers can build M1937 howitzers

IL-2 PTAB Bombing Run
    IL-2 performs an anti tank bombing run

A commander to counter Axis Heavy Tanks in the Lategame and help your Cons to scale better vs axis Infantery.

4 months ago
    Misieq145Misieq145 Posts: 80

4 months ago
    Hower12Hower12 Posts: 28

Air Force Tactics
    Emphasis on the use of the Air Force, although the effect is not stronger than other countries, but still has an auxiliary effect

slot1: Recon Overflight(cp4) ammo:60
    Call a reconnaissance plane to fly over the designated area.

slot2 : ammo Supply Drop(cp4) manpower:200
    Airdrop ammunition to designated areas. 20 ammunition per box

slot3: Mark Vehicle(cp8) ammo:80
    Mark an enemy vehicle as a fire target, and the target vehicle's defense force decreases during use.

slot4: IL-2 Sturmovik Attacks(cp10) ammo:90
    Call an IL-2 attack to shoot enemies in a designated area with a 23mm cannon.

slot5:: IL-2 Precision Bombing Strike(cp12) ammo:200
    Call an IL-2 attack aircraft to throw four 50kg air bombs into the designated area

4 months ago

Soviet Frontal Assault Tactics

Theme: By the advantage of overwhelming manpower, Soviet Red Army could build numbers of squad and team weapon. Combining with the ability of “Rapid Conscription” and “For Mother Russia”, massive waves of troops could be used to capture or to hold strategic points

Slot 1: Fresh Conscript Squad

• Refer to the free level 1 conscript squad from campaign mode
    • 6 man squad, same mod as Conscript Infantry Squad
    • Call-in unit, available from 0CP.
    • Costs 120 MP, 12 Mp reinforce cost
    • Half combat efficiency of Conscript Infantry Squad
    • Cannot use Molotov and Anti-tank grenade
    • Below photo for the reference

Slot 2: Commissar Command Squad

• Existing ability, call-in unit, available from 2 CP

Slot 3: No Retreat, No Surrender!

• Refer to the mission of “No Retreat, No Surrender” from “Theater of War”
    • Available from 3 CP
    • “Hit on Dirt” passively available to Conscript Infantry Squad and Fresh Conscript Squad
    • Continuous ability, click to active
    • Once active, increases manpower income by 50, infantry build and call-in ability reload 50% faster, retreating disable, decreases fuel income by 20%, cold down 120 seconds to deactivate
    • Once deactivated, 60 seconds cold down to reactivate ability

Slot 4: For Mother Russia

• Existing ability, available at 6 CP

Slot 5: Rapid conscription

Strategies and Rational

In general, this commander is lack of AT ability and not encouraging player to build numbers of vehicles (by reducing fuel income). However, because of extra manpower income, team weapons are the main role to support infantry to clear opponent’s structure and vehicles. Also by the effect of ability “For Mother Russia”, an entire only-infantry-army will be increased its combat efficiency maximally.

In early game, cheap squad brings number advantage of army for Soviet to capture fuel and munitions point. Commissar is used to balance the over-low combat efficiency of Fresh Conscript Squad.

In late game, each point score is essential to the entire game. By using massive number of squads, though this commander is weak against tanks, the death of troops could exchange strategic victory points. Combining with “Rapid Conscription” ability and increased infantry training speed by “No Retreat, No Surrender!”, troops will come in waves.

Good against infantry and team weapon, stealing opponent’s weapon will be the core value of this commander as German weapon is always nice.

Weak to artillery, blob-cleaners such as Brummbar. Multiple AT guns should be used to encounter.

Multiple MGs and mortars may stop early game’s expand of this commander (no Molotov for Fresh Conscript Squad). To break opponents form, baiting with Fresh Conscript Squad to draw fire and flanking the MGs & mortars with Penal battalion or Conscript Infantry Squad.

Additional Context

A commander for the lovers of epic warfare scenes.

I may be not good at balancing the commander with statistics, but I am sure blob-play is fun.
    Fun = meme video = attractive = more new players = $$ :D

Also the abilities are using existing resource from game, editor-friendly (I think so?)

4 months ago

@Tunguska 9k22 said:
    I hope new commander will bring new to this game, i have played this game for more than 2000 hours.This is my suggestion, i hope you guys will enjoy it.

Soviet Late War Tactic

• 2cp): old abilities guard rifle infantry or black coast infantry(360 mp 4 svt + 2dp 28)
    • 3 cp : old abilities 3 PPSH for conscript or 1 dp 28 and grenade for conscript
    • 6 cp : for mother russia
    • 0 cp : old abilities t34-85 or su100(260 amor,240 damage,8s reload,70 range,500 mp + 200 fuel ,12 cp)
    • 13 cp : mass assault suport, a mix of ml 20, bm13,b4 will support you,action like assualt artillery or sector artillery,delay 15 sec work in 45 sec, end time il 2 will strafing with 23mm,boom or rocket. cost 300 mun.

Stalin Defensive Line

• (1cp) : forward HQ

• (2cp) : improve defensive line,Combat Engineer can now build bunker,tank trap,sandbag.
    • (2cp) : HM-38 120 mortar squad.
    • (4cp) : zis 6 coming, work like cargo trucks and can transport unit with 250 mp
    • (12cp): Il 2 bombing strike

love this,black coast infantry and su100 should have been in this game

4 months ago
    ComradComrad Posts: 118

@BanaGangsta написал:
    Soviet Frontal Assault Tactics

Theme: By the advantage of overwhelming manpower, Soviet Red Army could build numbers of squad and team weapon. Combining with the ability of “Rapid Conscription” and “For Mother Russia”, massive waves of troops could be used to capture or to hold strategic points

Slot 1: Fresh Conscript Squad

• Refer to the free level 1 conscript squad from campaign mode
    • 6 man squad, same mod as Conscript Infantry Squad
    • Call-in unit, available from 0CP.
    • Costs 120 MP, 12 Mp reinforce cost
    • Half combat efficiency of Conscript Infantry Squad
    • Cannot use Molotov and Anti-tank grenade

Slot 2: Commissar Command Squad

• Existing ability, call-in unit, available from 2 CP

Slot 3: No Retreat, No Surrender!

• Refer to the mission of “No Retreat, No Surrender” from “Theater of War”
    • Available from 3 CP
    • “Hit on Dirt” passively available to Conscript Infantry Squad and Fresh Conscript Squad
    • Continuous ability, click to active
    • Once active, increases manpower income by 50, infantry build and call-in ability reload 50% faster, retreating disable, decreases fuel income by 20%, cold down 120 seconds to deactivate
    • Once deactivated, 60 seconds cold down to reactivate ability

Slot 4: For Mother Russia

Slot 5: Rapid conscription

Strategies and Rational

In general, this commander is lack of AT ability and not encouraging player to build numbers of vehicles (by reducing fuel income). However, because of extra manpower income, team weapons are the main role to support infantry to clear opponent’s structure and vehicles. Also by the effect of ability “For Mother Russia”, an entire only-infantry-army will be increased its combat efficiency maximally.

In early game, cheap squad brings number advantage of army for Soviet to capture fuel and munitions point. Commissar is used to balance the over-low combat efficiency of Fresh Conscript Squad.

In late game, each point score is essential to the entire game. By using massive number of squads, though this commander is weak against tanks, the death of troops could exchange strategic victory points. Combining with “Rapid Conscription” ability and increased infantry training speed by “No Retreat, No Surrender!”, troops will come in waves.

Good against infantry and team weapon, stealing opponent’s weapon will be the core value of this commander as German weapon is always nice.

Weak to artillery, blob-cleaners such as Brummbar. Multiple AT guns should be used to encounter.

Multiple MGs and mortars may stop early game’s expand of this commander (no Molotov for Fresh Conscript Squad). To break opponents form, baiting with Fresh Conscript Squad to draw fire and flanking the MGs & mortars with Penal battalion or Conscript Infantry Squad.

Additional Context

A commander for the lovers of epic warfare scenes.

I may be not good at balancing the commander with statistics, but I am sure blob-play is fun.
    Fun = meme video = attractive = more new players = $$ :D

Also the abilities are using existing resource from game, editor-friendly (I think so?)

Only the Ability "No retreat no surrender!"should be as before (to strengthen the flow of ManPower, turn off the retreat and quickly prepare infantry units and gun calculations). If you change it, it will become useless.

4 months ago

Guard motor heavy tactic

The theme of this commanders is heavy tanks, i like heavy tanks

1st slot

KV1/KV8 allowed to be constructed from t4 (0 cp, passive)

2nd slot

Guards (2cp, call in)

3rd slot

ml20 or b4 (8 cp)

4th slot

Sturmovik IL2 (loiter, 12 cp)

5th slot

IS2 (call in 13 cp)

3 months ago
    PanzerFutzPanzerFutz Melbourne, OzPosts: 345

Here are my suggestions for new Soviet Commanders:

Breakthrough Tactics
    (like the Wehrmacht commander but using Soviet abilities)

Commissar Squad (or Shock Troops)
    Recon Overflight
    For Mother Russia
    Vehicle Crew Repair Training
    Assault Artillery Barrage (OKW-style)(or Incendiary Arty)

Logistics Support Tactics

Industry Push - all munitions expenditures permanently reduced by 10%
    Cargo Truck - same as Wehrmacht version
    Repair Station
    Manpower Drive - Manpower rate doubled for 1 minute in exchange for munitions
    Scorched Earth - Soviet Version of Sector Artillery (Incendiary). 

Red Banner Guards Tactics
    (a Soviet version of the Wehrmacht's Elite Forces Doctrine)

Forward Headquarters
    Guards Rifle Infantry
    Conscript Assault Package
    IL-2 Bombing Run
    JS-2 Hero - 3 star JS-2 like the Tiger Ace

Guards Airborne Tactics

Partisans
    Weapons Drop (Maxim MG, PM41 Mortar, M42 AT gun)
    Paratroops
    For Mother Russia
    IL-2 Precision Bombing Strike

Ambush Tactics

PMD-6 Anti-Personnel Mines
    Tank Hunter Ambush Tactics
    Booby Trap Territory
    Incendiary Artillery Barrage (or ML-20 Arty)
    IL-2 Precision Bombing Strike

Sledgehammer Tactics

Conscript PTRS
    Guards Rifle Infantry
    HM-38 120mm Mortar Squad
    B-4 203mm Howitzer
    KV-2 Heavy Assault Tank

Counter Armor Tactics

Tank Traps
    PMD-6 Light Anti-tank Mines
    Partisan Tank Hunters
    IL-2 PTAB Anti-tank Bombing Run
    ISU-152 Heavy Assault Gun

All CP values remain at their current settings. Contexts and rationales have been thoroughly explained by me in other threads so, I'm not going to repeat them here.

3 months ago
    Naya_TyanNaya_Tyan Russia Posts: 122
    edited January 24

I found some abilities for Soviet commanders and the rest of your ideas and suggestions.
    But I liked your opinion on the account of the "Soviet Airborne".
    I think they give: 3x SVT-40 and 2x Mosin and 1x Mosin sniper.
    To give in response "Egerskoy infantry" who surrendered Imba.

So I think you need to add "Soviet paratroopers".
    They will be better than partisans who are not effective and do not have rifles.
    So let's vote for adding Soviet Paratroopers and adding a new ability that I have listed or your options.

3 months ago
    VegnaVegna Posts: 955

@Naya_Tyan
    It's not an applicable vote. The Marines don't exist in game so they aren't going to be part of the poll.

3 months ago

My turn for proposal for the soviet

Commander: Deep Line Tactics

Theme: Form a defensive wall to grind your opponents into dust with the will and the weapons of Mother Russia! Not one step back!

Slot 1: Anti-Tank Ambush Camo (2 CP): Same as normal
    Slot 2: DSHK 38 HMG (2 CP): Same as normal
    Slot 3: HM-38 120mm (2 CP): Same as normal
    Slot 4: Fear Propaganda (4 CP): Same as normal
    Slot 5: B4 203mm Howitzer (8 CP): Same as normal

Strategies: Hold the line with everything you can muster. From fear propaganda, heavy motors, heavy machine guns, even deploying the might B4 arty piece to drop the hammer on the Germans

Additional Text: The commander would allow to use units soviet players would barely use (in my personal opinion). As well, to use the howitzer in a different commander

3 months ago
    HatbaronHatbaron Posts: 7

Soviet Lend-Lease Reserve Doctrine

Theme: Using a selection of weaker lend-lease equipment to quickly fill holes in a defence.

Unit and Ability Roster

Slot 1: Valentine Light Tank

• Available from 0CP
    • Unlocks the Valentine for production at the Tankoviy Battailon Com.
    • Identical to British Valentine

Slot 2: Radio Interception

• Available from 0CP
    • Identical to Existing Ability

Slot 3: Allied Equipment Drop

• Available from 5CP
    • Drops a 6 Pounder AT Gun and Vickers HMG
    • Costs 200MP 60Munitions

Slot 4: Vehicle Crew Repair Training

• Available From 7CP

Slot 5: IL-2 Bombing Run

• Available from 12CP

Strategies and Rational

The Stopgap measure the the valentine gives the soviet player an emergency halfway tank between a t34 and the t70, this may be helpful in stalling a losing game or beginning a desperate counter offensive.

The equipment drop gives a soviet player ready access to much needed support weapons in case they are being overrun

Additional Context

Soviet Lend lease covered many types of vehicles and equipment from a variety of allied powers and I hoped to include some more for gameplay variety and to touch further on the history involved (considering the valentine was the most exported tank by the british to the soviets it only makes sense to me.

3 months ago

Guard Armor Defense Tactics

Theme:

Use mother Russias strongest infantry led by the NKVD-Commisars to annihilate the german troops from a distance . Secure the flanks with deadly anti-infantry mines and hold the line till a breakthrough with the IS-2 Tank will push your troops deep into the enemy territory.

Unit and Ability Roster:

Slot1: PMD-6 Anti-Personnel Mines ( 2 CP )

Slot2: Guards Rifle Infantry ( 2 CP )

Slot3: Commissar Command Squad ( 2 CP )

Slot4: Recon Overflight ( 4 CP )

Slot5: IS-2 Heavy tank ( 13 CP )

Strategies and Rational:

This Commander is based on a infantry-orientated playstile while also giving you some more defensive options. I think the "soviet-S-mine" would perfectly complete the soviet arsenal, especially against OKW volks-blob and unawared Players. The Commissar ( who is even protected by some guard models ;) ) should synergize nicely with the Guards Riflemen, healing and buffing them constantly. The Recon Overflight is a usefull ability in most teammatches and will look out for some friendly Katjusha-barrages. Finally the IS-2 will act as your spearhead, supported by elite Guards ( if you cept them warm and alive! ) who defend this monster against flanking Panthers.
    I think the fact that this Commander has no off-map-arty will guarante that Pak-43 and Jagdpanzers will still be a threat and the Doctrine wont become too OP.

PS: Sorry for my bad English and greetings from Germany!

3 months ago
    FaxFax Posts: 6

Faction + Commander Name: Soviet, Heavy Armor Intercept Tactics

Theme:

Combining upgrades for soviet infantry, an improved medium tank and a heavy tank for late game, this commander seeks to improve their own infantry and give vision to their vehicles to defend more effectively.

Unit and Ability Roster

Slot 1: T34-85 Medium Tank

Slot 2: Anti-Tank Gun Ambush Tactics

Slot 3: Conscript Assault Package

Slot 4: Recon Overflight

Slot 5: ISU-152 Heavy Assault Gun

Strategies and Rational

Main strategy on this commander is a defensive position where the T34/85 is more potent tank than the previous T34/76 and will give the soviets a more resistant medium tank option, along with ambush tactics it will prevent the enemy from rushing friendly lines and conscripts having a better offensive close range against infantry.

Recon overflight will synergize with AT guns and ISU late game due to the ISU long range and will prevent enemy from pushing or will force the enemy to build AA in order to push more effectively.

3 months ago
    Ev3rs0rEv3rs0r Posts: 1

Soviet - Conscripts Combined Arms Army

Theme: Valiant Conscripts, armed with DP-28 LMGs, discharge a hail of bullets on our cowardly foes enabling daring Frontoviki Squads to storm the objectives. Replenish your frontline losses with ZIS-6 Mobile Infirmary all the while sapping opponent's strength with overwhelming 152mm Howitzer Barrage. Rain havoc upon enemy vehicles with IL-2 Sturmovik strafing run and rally your comrades on to glorious victory with a KV-1 Heavy Tank.

Unit and Ability Roster

Slot 1: KV-1 Heavy Tank
    A KV-1 Heavy Tank's imposing presence can motivate nearby infantry

• Available at 0 CP (Passive)
    • Built at Mechanized Armor Kampaneya
    • Veteran 1 unlock is Inspire Infantry (same as new KV-2 & KV-8 veteran 1 unlocks) instead of Secure Mode

Slot 2: Conscript LMG Upgrade
    A Conscript can be armed with a DP-28 LMG to improve the squads infantry fighting capability

• Available at 2 CP (Passive)
    • 1 Conscript replaces his Mosin-Nagant with a DP-28 LMG (40 Munitions)
    • Squad gains Vehicle Button ability (40 Munitions)
    • 3 PPSh-41s and 2 PTRS rifles are valued 60 Munitions each. Guards 2xDP-28 upgrade costs 75 Munitions therefore 40 Munitions for 1 Conscript DP-28 seems reasonable

Slot 3: ZIS-6 Motorized Frontoviki Squad
    Dispatch a courageous Frontoviki Squad armed with PPSh-41 SMGs and Mosin-Nagant rifles ferried into battle on a ZIS-6 Transport Truck

• Available at 5 CP (Call In/Dispatch)
    • Call in ZIS-6 Transport Truck with 1 Frontoviki Squad (480 MP, 20 Fuel, 10 Population)
    • Ability recharge time is 60 seconds
    • Ability inspired by Land Lease's M5 Half-track Assault Group
    • ZIS-6 Transport Truck comes with 2 infantry squad slots and without veterancy upgrades (has no weapons)
    • Comes with Overdrive ability (10 Munitions)
    • Has an upgrade, Mobile Infirmary, that adds medics (50 Munitions), it functions identically to the USF WC54 Ambulance at the cost of both infantry squad slots
    • Reinforces nearby infantry squads regardless of upgrade
    • Medic models should be those of Regimental Field Headquarters, if any are added
    • Frontoviki Squad is a Conscript Infantry Squad equipped with 4 PPSh-41 SMGs and 2 Mosin-Nagant rifles
    • Comes with standard Conscript abillities & veterancy upgrades along with Hit the Dirt ability
    • Benefits from Regimental Field Headquarters Conscript upgrades (Doesn't have DP LMG Upgrade)
    • Conscript Intel Bulletins work on them

Slot 4: 152mm Howitzer Barrage
    A mighty ML-20 152mm Gun-Howitzer Battery saturates the area with devastating shells

• Available at 8 CP (Off-map Artillery)
    • Costs 140 Munitions
    • Ability Recharge time is 90 seconds
    • Fires 9 shells, first landing after 8 seconds with 1.5 second interval between consecutive shells
    • Target size is that of an in-game ML-20 152mm Howitzer

Slot 5: IL-2 Sturmovik Strafing Run
    IL-2 type 3M hunts enemy vehicles with it's lethal Ns-37mm cannons

• Available at 10 CP (Active)
    • Identical to Close Air Support Doctrine's Stuka JU-87 Anti-Tank Strafe in cost, active & recharge time
    • Airplane model should be IL-2 Sturmovik with it's engine sound and JU-87's 37mm cannon sound & damage

Strategies and Rational
    This commander covers multiple military branches while staying true to the core of COH2 Red Army's strengths and weaknesses. Various underused weapons and units as well as modified existing abilities serve to freshen up somewhat monotonous Soviet commander roster. Preferred playstyle is aggressive with doctrine abilities enabling you to keep up the momentum, keeping your infantry at full strength on the frontlines. The commander rewards micro-management with synergies between DP-28 vehicle button, artillery & airstrike abilities for increased effectiveness. Resource focus is on Munitions, depriving him of that can severely cripple his end-game. Extremely powerful tank or anti-tank abilities are still absent as is typical of Soviet commanders.

Additional Context

DP-28 was designed to fire the same 7.62×54mm ammunition as the main Soviet infantry battle rifle, the Mosin-Nagant, much simplifying ammunition logistics for Soviet infantry units. Hundreds of thousands of them were made before and during WW2.

Soviet Mechanized Corps have had a Medical Battalion since 1941. transformed into multiple Medical Platoons in 1944. Various ZIS trucks served not only as main transport for infantry during WW2 but also as ambulances for the Red Army. This being Combined Arms Army enables them to call on some trucks.

IL-2 type 3M Sturmovik armed with Nudelman-Suranov NS-37 instead of 20/23mm cannons, was first seen during the battle of Kursk. Since then, 3500 of them have been in combat.

3 months ago
    CloakieCloakie Posts: 4

Urban Offensive Tactics

0 CP - Partisan Troops
    Simple Partisans take the early losses and provide the early punch. The fight and die for the Motherland!

0 CP - Partisan Urban Assault Package
    Partisans be upgraded with a pair of PPSH submachineguns and an ROK-3 Flamethrower, for terrifying close range damage.

3 CP - SU-122 (SU-85 with different gun)
    An SU-122 Assault Gun provides the close range high explosive support needed in urban combat. While it may be outmanuvered due to a lack of a turret, the firepower of the 122mm howitzer makes up for it. [Ability - Can Opener: Firing an HE shell at an enemy vehicle may not penetrate the armor, but the sheer explosive force still deals significant damage, and causes an instant critical damage effect.]

7 CP - Incendiary Artillery Barrage
    If we cannot have the city, no one will! Incendiary artillery will blanket the target area in a raging inferno.

10 CP - SU-100 (SU-85 with different gun)
    An SU-100 Tank Destroyer makes even the heaviest enemy tanks fear, as the 100mm gun can easily penetrate their armor.

Intended as a cross between Partisan Tactics and the US Armor Company, you get a solid core infantry unit and try to support it with specialized support vehicles as needed. This doctrine focuses on anti-infantry capability, with the SU-100 keeping enemy tanks on their toes.

3 months ago
    SerpentSerpent Posts: 7

@karapapagan said:
    Elite Force Tactics

OT-34 Stationary tank costs 380MP 40fuel with 10 popcap,
    Veteran T-34/85 costs 420MP-150Fuel with 16 popcap

In my opinion that commander will bring new and fresh tactics i hope it will be added

3 months ago

Soviet Commander Submission

3 months ago
    General_MudGeneral_M… Posts: 1
    edited January 26

Soviet Operation Bagration Tactics

Theme: Push the Germans back to Berlin with this late-war Soviet strategy using advanced technology, including the improved T34 tank, a spy network to know where the Germans are hiding along their westward retreat, and the devastating IL-2 bombing to squash the Fascist scum.

Slot 1: T34-85 Medium Tank

Same points required and cost today

Slot 2: Shock Troops

Slot 3: IL-2 Precision Bombing Strike

Slot 4: Anti-tank gun ambush tactics

Slot 5: Spy Network

Gives the Soviets a powerful mid-late game presence with a few abilities which are historically accurate to Bagration (including some maskirovka with anti-tank hiding ability), the T34-85 seen largely from 1944-onward, and shock troops for aggressive assaults during their push back to Berlin.

Additional Context

In 1944, the Soviets were clearly on the offensive and this commander fits that mold.

This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

• © SEGA. SEGA, the SEGA logo, Relic Entertainment, the Relic Entertainment logo, Company of Heroes and the Company of Heroes logo are either trademarks or registered trademarks of SEGA Holdings Co., Ltd. or its affiliates. All rights reserved. SEGA is registered in the US Patent and Trademark Office. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.