OKW Elite Armour

3 months ago
QuesocitoQuesocito Posts: 128
edited February 9 in General Discussion

I would like to use this doctrine effectively but I struggle to leverage it to its full potential.

1. The nuke tank is still hitting obstacles like poles and piles of wood. Only fired it 3 times in my last match and twice it hit an obstacle en route.

2. The scout car doesnt seem to give adequate fuel return for its cost unless you place it on a fuel specific territory. Ergo if you're doing well (holding fuel) you do better, if you're not doing well it doesnt help you.

3. Panzer Cmdr is ok, but seems lack luster. Has the signal relay thing been removed?

4. HEAT shells. They seem nice when they hit, but not always sure when to power it up due to the limited duration, high price, and remaining liklihood of missing, all for not massive returns.

5. Self repair is always nice though.

Anybody have some thoughts on this?

Comments

3 months ago
    XlossXloss Posts: 235
    1. The nuke tank is still hitting obstacles like poles and piles of wood. Only fired it 3 times in my last match and twice it hit an obstacle en route.

I agree with you this needs fixing

1. The scout car doesnt seem to give adequate fuel return for its cost unless you place it on a fuel specific territory. Ergo if you're doing well (holding fuel) you do better, if you're not doing well it doesnt help you.

Fuel/Muni gain is fine. OKW Panther spam and KT is already a mess right now.

3 months ago
    QuesocitoQuesocito Posts: 128

the fuel or muni gain migth be fine but does the fuel even pay back 40 fuel (total) for that scout car? maybe in a long game, but it only adds 2. how long before that 2 pays back 40..

3 months ago
    XlossXloss Posts: 235

IMO
    The gain is not the problem i think.
    Its the price of the Scout Car.

3 months ago
    C3ToothC3Tooth Posts: 308

Im not an Axis player, but to what i checked, Scout car require 30fuel to gain fuel & ammo. thats mean a single Scout car must stay at least 10mins to gain back that 30fuel. The 50ammo gain is also not worth for 30fuel though.

Using 500mp to gain 3fuel/5ammo per min (equal to one capture point) is pointless. Build another 2 Volks squads to harass enemy is a better option.