[UKF/ALL] Engineer HEAT Grenade requires PIAT

13»

Comments

1 year ago
    thedarkarmadillothedarkar… Posts: 5,824

@Beardedragon said:
    but yes i agree with katitof that soviets are in the worst spot. in fact a lot is absolute trash about the soviets, from their molotov/AT grenades not being in one package, to their teching system. once you picked one over the other, the one you didnt pick should have a significant fuel cost reduction.

its not the fuel cost the dissuades side teching, its the manpower cost. you already need to sink 205 manpower into making cons function like pother infantry, then 250mp on medics, then 160mp for t1 or t2 (then 260mp on shit tier maxims, or 300mp on not shit tier infantry) then side tech ANOTHER 160mp to get access to the other ALREADY expensive units? you are better off spending the 10 extra mp on CE so you can get your armour repaired quicker when you get to that stage.

you are looking at 775 mp on JUST teching if you want kitted out cons, medics and side techs. that gets you 1/3 steps towards getting tanks and you are down 3 squads worth of infantry... WITHOUT ACTUALLY BUILDING ANY. keeping in mind the maxim is the same cost as the mg42 and vickers (who lack a tech to unlock) and cons despite all those tech/ presence delaying "upgrades" are no cheaper and certainly not more efficient than anything the enemy can field. you mix in elite infantry and there is no way you can side tech unless you are feeding to them, in which case....why side tech?

1 year ago
    C3ToothC3Tooth Posts: 850

Im okay with 250mp on Medic since all faction have to pay resources for that. Though with mass models Soviet have, when its the only faction that can purchase 3 medic for a whole game. I like to see Medic price down to 200mp, and then adding 3 more Medic for another 200mp.

Someone said Soviet & Ost had perfect balance, its the problem that Western factions cause. I agree, I wonder why East factions have to put a engineer squad to build tech, when West factions run to the battle field immediatly. It was balance that Conscript rush into the field very early, while Ost had to build Tier1 to start the game. It was 1 MG42 had to face 2 Conscripts in the 1st engage. I hope Coh3, all faction should have to build Tiers to get any units

I just tried to count Manpower required for all faction teching:
    -Ost 1070 (include a Medic bunker)
    -Okw 1400 (include Medic, Repair post, retreat point)
    -Soviet 1095
    -USF 1250 (include an Ambulance, with both Cap/Lieu teched)
    -UKF 1160
    It amazed me that Ost require the least Manpower for teching

Side tech is to a good idea that shows USF & UKF not fighting in their land and they have to transport weapons & grenades through the sea. But the way it works in game is horrible, its actually delay both fuel for the 1st medium tank and manpower to bring in another squad (Talking that Soviet is the only faction that have to build Tier & teching cause paying massive Manpower & a squad have to sit in base to build instead of being in the frontline)
    Currently Soviet 1st T34 or USF 1st Sherman come later than OST 1st Panzer around 1min if they upgrade all the side tech. While UKF has massive side tech (Bofor/AEC ; Weapon ; Grenade ; +1 man) that makes their 1st Cromwell come super late, but they can skip all side tech in 4v4 game and get their 1st Cromwell super early

My simple idea on Allied side tech is

• Soviet: They didnt have to transport over sea, Grenades pack should come along with main tech, increase Tier 1 to 30fuel & Tier 2 to 40fuel. Conscript gain Grenades when either Tier is up.
    • USF: Currently Major 120fuel, weapon 15fuel, grenade 15fuel. These 30fuel cause Panzer4 comes earlier than Sherman. Change to Major 90fuel, weapon 30fuel, grenade 30fuel. This will make USF players either pick weapon Or grenade to have their Sherman comes at the same time as Panzer4. Tech both weapon & grenade will cause their Sherman come later.
    • UKF: To prevent UKF players relied on team mate in 4v4 game that dont tech Bofor/AEC and rush in early Cromwell. UKF must tech Bofor/AEC to able to tech CompanyHQ. Currently CompanyHQ 120fuel, weapon 15fuel, grenade 10fuel. Change to CompanyHQ 100fuel, weapon 30fuel , grenade 20fuel. Reason same to USF.

Manpower teching should be adjusted too, for East faction have to put a squad at base to tech should have lower Manpower require to tech, than West faction always have their Engineer on the frontline.

1 year ago
    VipperVipper Posts: 3,723

@C3Tooth said:

I just tried to count Manpower required for all faction teching:
    -Ost 1070 (include a Medic bunker)
    -Okw 1400 (include Medic, Repair post, retreat point)
    -Soviet 1095
    -USF 1250 (include an Ambulance, with both Cap/Lieu teched)
    -UKF 1160
    It amazed me that Ost require the least Manpower for teching

Ostheer usually have to built all 4 buildings while other faction do not.

UKF will probably unlock hammer/anvil but they get a number of bonuses for that.

1 year ago
    YappirYappir Posts: 58

First of all why the nades were added to RA.
    It is not like british have AT problem, they have plenty of ATs that can bring down even the heaviest german tanks.
    Problem was that british did not have much things to criple tanks in stock unit choice (no doc). In tank battles sometimes it is important to imobilise enemy, specialy if your AT options are not as mobile as enemy ones. If your AT is mostly AT guns enemy can just drive away from you. In order to prevent that you have to slow them down with AT nades. British don't have thouse tho, what create a sicuation they can have problem with.
    Developers decided to give them AT nades so they can criple enemy tanks if they need to. You can damage enemy engines and prevent them from runing away from your AT guns.
    Who should have them? For sure not regular infantry section. It is their build in weakness that you can ram into them a vehicle with very little consequneces since they are crazy good fighting infantry. Tommies with AT grenades would be totaly overpowered.
    So RA got them. It is already hard enough to utilise this fact but it is an option if you really need it.
    I am agaist limiting it with the piats or removing them completely. However i am supporting the idea of blocking it off by some tech, like nades upg. I would do so to encourage players to spend fuel on other things besides rushing armoured cars or going for the tanks right away.

1 year ago

It seems every suggestion I make is either ignored, flamed, or even trolled. I put effort into ideas for rebalancing the game and you users don't give a damn!

1 year ago
    > @KiethSomataw99 said:
    > It seems every suggestion I make is either ignored, flamed, or even trolled. I put effort into ideas for rebalancing the game and you users don't give a damn!

People, including me, does give a damm. The proves is they still discussing about the point you raised. Anyway, just because it's your opinion doesn't mean that it is right and good for balance.
    Such as this, i still dont see the point of royal engineer's HEAT require another side tech. Stick it to the mills bombs or weapons rack can be considered but another side tech ? I dont thing so. Bit is the faction with alot of side tech already, add event more side tech plus a struggling early game will bring brit closer to unplayable.
    By the way, How many time your tank has been nade by royal engineer up to now ?
    1 year ago
    > @KiethSomataw99 said:
    > It seems every suggestion I make is either ignored, flamed, or even trolled. I put effort into ideas for rebalancing the game and you users don't give a damn!

If you're feeling like your ideas are being ignored when you've only posted 50+ times, let me know how you feel after a few more years.

I dont at all mean that there's a seniority thing. Your opinion is as valuable as mine. But 99.9% of all the ideas discussed here never come close to being implemented. At best we shift Relics opinion slightly about certain units.
    10 months ago

@DarjeelingMK7 said:

@KiethSomataw99 said:
    It seems every suggestion I make is either ignored, flamed, or even trolled. I put effort into ideas for rebalancing the game and you users don't give a damn!

People, including me, does give a damm. The proves is they still discussing about the point you raised. Anyway, just because it's your opinion doesn't mean that it is right and good for balance.
    Such as this, i still dont see the point of royal engineer's HEAT require another side tech. Stick it to the mills bombs or weapons rack can be considered but another side tech ? I dont thing so. Bit is the faction with alot of side tech already, add event more side tech plus a struggling early game will bring brit closer to unplayable.
    By the way, How many time your tank has been nade by royal engineer up to now ?

You are lying about the part about giving a damn. They just think my ideas are so stupid that my profile deserves to be trolled. They don't give my any constructive criticism or how my idea could be improved. They just spit on it and think that there is no such thing as effort on my part.