Volly fire

6 months ago
Just had a thought about rear echelon volly fire. As weak as it is and haveing a munitions cost no one ever uses it. Why not get rid of the cost and increase the cooldown like they did with the major.

Comments

6 months ago
    38Lightning38Lightni… Posts: 282
    The other thing I never understood is why the ability stops upon repositioning the unit. I forsee this ability being a support ability early game when you have line of sight on sturmpioneers preventing them from simply charging into your riflemen etcetera or stop a soft retreat back to suspected mg gun position. The ability now is simply never used as your not going to give up grenades or weapon upgrades to use it. But used In conjunction to suppress and throw a nade you could force a retreat. Also as far as being g able to move your rear echelons you might be able to do something like performing a split with your units and kiteing the sturmpioneer depending on which rear echelon or rifleman hes targeting.
    6 months ago
    C3ToothC3Tooth Posts: 533

Volley only work well when Rear arms a Bar or an M1919. They can pin a squad instantly. But honestly 20ammo to pin a squad is not worth it, especially Okw has numerous Volk sgt44
    Beside I prefer to arm them 2 zook to prevent Puma/Pz4 rush instead of arming Bar/M19.

6 months ago
    > @C3Tooth said:
    > Volley only work well when Rear arms a Bar or an M1919. They can pin a squad instantly. But honestly 20ammo to pin a squad is not worth it, especially Okw has numerous Volk sgt44
    > Beside I prefer to arm them 2 zook to prevent Puma/Pz4 rush instead of arming Bar/M19.

I agree getting zook is priority over m1919.
    But I would get rid of the cost and increase the cool down time or only when out of combat for a period of time like the commander upgraded nades axis has which also have no cost and much more effective. An ability like volley fire is right now should have no cost and even with a longer cooldown time would see much more use then it currently does.
    6 months ago
    Balanced_GamerBalanced_… Posts: 200

I think Kubel should be more useful than it currently is. Should get supressive fire Vet 0 or 1 instead of Vet 5 when it is quite obvious that none gets vet 5 or at least vet 3. Kubel should get supressive fire by default to make it more interesting than it is. Nobody ever gets vet 3 or above with Kubel since it is impossible and too slow.

Rear Echelon maybe should get it for free for the way it is currently the surpressive fire. I do not mind that change so that ability would serve more purpose. Kubel should get surpressive fire too by default, what you guys think?

6 months ago
    edited March 19
    If kubel did not have permanent suppression on the move and had to select target with cooldown like rear echelon ya but it would need to vet up a couple times atleast.

I played kubel early game not to bad but requires alot of micro and vets slow in my opinion.

Even just allowing it to maintain its fire rate on the move would be a buff to get better vet since it cost is the same as a wc51 truck without munitions upgrade.
    6 months ago
    C3ToothC3Tooth Posts: 533

Kubel was able to pin because OKW didnt have MGs. This made Kubel too powerful in open field map. And also was promote high offensive of OKW faction (The only faction that couldnt defend by putting MGs in buildings)

Back then

• Kubel was really great in the first 5min (they had pin at vet0), then it started to fall down since early mid game because Kubel had 160hp (not 220hp), USF field in double zook Captain or AAHT destroys it in 3sec.
    • Didnt have MGs
    • Sturm was ok
    • Volk was weak but has number that able to hold ground
    • Light vehicle/tanks was strong
    • Didnt have Pz4 (OKW didnt have AI medium tank)
      => This force OKW to field a Light to able to fight Allied infantry, Luch was a great choice for AI

Today

• Kubel is still ok in early game. No pin but still bleed enemy manpower
    • HAVE MGs
    • Sturm is still ok
    • Volk gains stg44,faust and become a 'do everything' unit
    • Light vehicle/tanks get nerfed alot to the point players dont want to build it
    • Have Pz4
      => This force OKW to play Volk blob and also the only strategy Okw can do.

OKW gains MGs & Stg44 & Pz4 for AI force, combined with Sturm starter. Its too much to ask Kubel to gain back their pin ability at vet0.
    OKW need to be balanced between Volk and other unit. Volk was painfully weak but required to hold the line while other units push in (similar to Cons). Today just build Volk and everything will be good.

6 months ago
    Right permanent suppression on vet 0-1 would be way to much.

Also on the flip side suppressed infantry take less damage for a period of time while dealing less damage up until being pinned so take that I to consideratio.

I've thought about simply haveing an ability instead that would slow a unit down much like rifleman ability or hoorah speed you up to try to prevent soft retreats or charges from SMG infantry.
    6 months ago
    thedarkarmadillothedarkar… Posts: 5,821

@38Lightning said:
    Right permanent suppression on vet 0-1 would be way to much.

Also on the flip side suppressed infantry take less damage for a period of time while dealing less damage up until being pinned so take that I to consideratio.

I've thought about simply haveing an ability instead that would slow a unit down much like rifleman ability or hoorah speed you up to try to prevent soft retreats or charges from SMG infantry.

they dont have to insta supress but not getting such a huge target size debuff would be great.

6 months ago
    Hmm didn't know kubel had a bad target size that's no good. Of course I dont know how to look up unit stats.
    6 months ago
    Balanced_GamerBalanced_… Posts: 200

I do not expect Kubel to be OP or anything like it was back in the day. Its veterancy rate is terrible that it is only possible to ever achieve vet 1 to 2 max in game. What is the purpose of having the possibility of having vet 5 when you can never get it, even vet 3.

I would be nicer if they could make it vet fast since it is definitely a vehicle that does not last long, only early game mainly. Universal Carrier Brits can last longer, accessible early, it is great vehicle. When I mentioned suppression for kubel, it should take a while, not instantly, should be worse than maxim of course. I just think it needs veterancy changes since it is impossible to get anything higher than vet 1 or 2.

Maybe they should nerf the target size since it is huge. Kubel usually has to be stationary when shooting, that is ok by me, just some changes would be great!

Some adjustments would be nice especially for Rear Echelon, "volley fire" become free for the way it currently is.

6 months ago
    edited March 19
    Ya I've been playing with kubel a bit more and ya it has God awful vet rate even ending with 250+% efficiency around 2k damage i believe, I only see vet 1 maybe just maybe vet 2 that's it I've never even seen it hit vet 3. I can have an army of 3 guys and every one of them would be vet 1 or vet 2 with that damage.
    5 months ago
    thedarkarmadillothedarkar… Posts: 5,821
    Shared vet for the Kuble would be nice since it's vet 1 puts it in a non combat role.

But anyways this is about volley fire
    5 months ago
    Ya back on the topic of volley fire it sounds like a simple cost removal would bring it back into play. If it were to somehow become to spamable simply play with cooldown time.