[2v2+]USF needs non-doc mobile artillery

1 year ago
kingdun3284kingdun32… Posts: 1,090
edited March 2019 in Balance Feedback

It can be priest or calliope.

Reasons:
1. They lack this type of weapon in stock to punish heavy static play in team game which leads to USF player have to pick the only two commander with Priest/Calliope everytime.
2. To promote diversify play style of USF and allow more strategic options in stock for them.

Flawed and useless argument like below are not welcomed because they are not constructive:

"Every faction has it's perks and cons, so USF can't have non doctrinal mobile artillery", the reason is describing the nature of asymmetrical design and simply isn't supporting the argument. Even asymmetrical design needs asymmetrical balance that's why this balance section is existed.

Comments

1 year ago
    thedarkarmadillothedarkar… Posts: 5,824
    3rd times the charm?
    1 year ago
    LazarusLazarus Posts: 4,096

Scott

1 year ago
    kingdun3284kingdun32… Posts: 1,090
    > @Lazarus said:
    > Scott

They are different
    1 year ago
    thedarkarmadillothedarkar… Posts: 5,824
    > @Lazarus said:
    > Scott

Don't bother. His thread just got closed on the community forum because his entire argument is "usf need this because I don't want to pick armour company and there are no other options" when options are listed he replies as above. Despite literally not a soul agreeing that usf need a non doc howitzer as they have many options for indirect fire he insists that he knows better than us all. This is the 3rd thread he has made on Tha matter and out of the 3 I have yet to see anyone but he yell that it's a necessity.
    1 year ago
    mrpeedmrpeed Posts: 46

They have major artillery. But I always thought pack howitzers should have the HE barrage unlocked at vet 1 for this reason.

1 year ago
    SkysTheLimitSkysTheLi… Posts: 2,271
    What does Ostheer have stock that is so much better at punishing static play? The werfer? It can get good wipes but I don't see how it's much better than the scott, which provides constant anti infantry.

Early and mid, the US can choose between the Pak and the 81mm so they have plenty of options. And the calliope was just made cheaper an added to another Commander
    1 year ago

But to be fair, he is not entirely wrong about this. The Axis have 2 Arties wich you have without a comander, so does the USF, the problem about the indirect fire weapons of the USF is that they almost need to have some Vet to be actualy usefull in case of the M8 and 75mm Howizer or are worse than the german counterpart, for example the morter.

The American Morter is by now on the same range level(wich he was for a long time not) as the Wehrmacht ones but out of many experiments, the USF looses every time when you try to conter the german morter, i can not explain it but i simply dont understand why the german morter are just so much better than the USF one! Its just a bit unfair because you have already worse and more expensive Infantry(Rifelman 280MP) than germans(Grens 240MP and Volks 250MP) and you have to suffer from the lack performance of the morter. (And the Rifelman are worse, when properly compared AND TESTED! )

1 year ago

The USF has a Howizter which the best in game. I usually get a bunch of squad wipes with getting either 1 or 2 into the field. Comes around early-mid game which is the best part about it. Costs around 320, a lot but it is like an arty. Superior damage and AOE including range. I think it is 120mm Russian Mortar (Doctrine) but simply better. This dominates. I do not see why USF should get more arty when this is actually the best mortar in game.

LeiG 18 is the worst in game and posted a forum regarding this. Walking Stuka which is good but it is too costy, although comes early but becomes too vulnerable as someone tries rushing in to destroy it. Walking Stuka is too predictable, can be countered easily unless you make a bold risky move which is pretty bad in general terms. OKW suffers also a lot from arty.

I will rank the following factions who have from great to worst arty availability and performance.

1.- Hard but it is UKF (since they arty by base but call in is 45 ammo) and mortar emplacements which are great.
    2.- could be argued as first SOV, Katusha being the most dominant, fastest shooting time, becomes unexpected and is the deadliest.
    3.- Either Wehr or USF, Wehr's Mortar is better than OKW, Panzerwerfer which is good, great area of concentration, better against emplacements than Walking Stuka which worse in comparison. USF upsides mostly is the Pack Howizter which is dominant even until late game.
    4.- OKW nothing really except Walking Stuka which can have its moments but it is too large a risky bet in general, so I have to place it here in my opinion in terms of arty.

3rd and 4th places really vary, but the availability to such devastating firepower, expectation, quickness (to be taken out by surprise), availability, counters to holding points. This is how I see it.

To prove these points

Go testing mod, there is a lot of tests. That is why I do not post it since since it takes a lot of time. Try every available arty like unit, against a bofors or emplacement specifically, compare the damage, area of concentration and upon a lot of other factors.

1 year ago

Im not particularly impressed by the M8 Scott myself. I guess it can double fairly well as an assault gun, but it just lacks the punch USF stuff needs late game to crack Axis docs involving trenches and emplacements. It seemed more like a vehicle for a lesser tree than Major. There should've been something like Sherman Calliope or "REs can build 105mm howitzer emplacement".