(First of all, I am not a native English speaker. I'm korean and if you have trouble understanding my English, just comment below. and why do you guys use "A"? we don't use dat tho lol)
I've been playing 3v3 and -mainly- 4v4 for a month with my friends. I played for roughly 100 hours for a month and overall playtime is around 450 hours. And I played allies, SOVIET only(cause I even bought any other Dlcs and I don't even want to play naxis. Lol, 3a rodinu)
I didn't played CoH2 constantly before the last month. So, I couldn't realized how "Build" is important to win the early phase. After I and my friends played for a month(roughly 100 hrs), we now choose appropriate build and have better micro-control skill.
Even we now have improved skill on fundamental 1v1 and associated 4v4, it is still difficult to beat nassises as a allies. Especially when around half of us played as Soviet. In my(our) experience, we faced quiet a lot of reversal defeat(I mean axis turn the tide against us and defeated us) even when we took their Fuel points(to delay their powerful tanks) and victory points.
Here's a reference of how we got defeat by reversal.
- We use hard counter tactic against OKW or Wehrmacht(one question, can they called as a "OberKommando des Heers"?) and capture crucial Fuel and Victory points.
- Save most of fuel for tanks. No conscripts upgrade since they are now "Auxiliary troops" for current meta. Or make only one AA truck for Anti vehicle purpose.
- If we managed to capture 2 fuel points, we can have 1 T-34/85 at 10 min. Or else one T-34/76 at least.
- We successfully control 2 or 3 victory points. If we could break their front-line, we win most of time. But what if we couldn't push them to limit?
- Around 30 minute, they can produce at least 2 panther, if they didn't wasted fuel for other purpose. and by numerous panthers and Artys(mainly rocket. We do have them either but the attacker have most of its performance) our line starts to break.
- If we didn't managed form flexible defensive line, we looses.
As we want to win against fasccist and bring justice, we are fixing our deficient by experience taken from defeat, and analysed why we have defeated. And we could find What Axis Have Better as well as This Game's Characteristic.
Below is what "This game's different aspect from other RTS(which there is Worker exist for gather resource) games"
- There's barely existing snowballing(I mean there's almost no snowballing) There are three resource types as you all know. And each resource doesn't Interfere themselves. So even if your infantry suffers heavy losses, there's no regulation prohibits you to build tanks. Also since CoH2 have no "worker" thing. You get income whatsoever.
- Tanks are can't be COUNTERED by infantry if that is not a Su-85 or StuG. Some will say panthers are not good at taking out infantries. But, no. Panthers, as well as other tanks CAN NOT BE COUNTERED by infantry. Especially for current situation, it prohibits even more. Tanks can just go backward to get away from personal AT weapons. and with its usally 1 canon and 2 machine guns, It's matter of time to kill infs. And if you send a single panther to kill infs? you are taking mistake. Wise man would use tanks like a Mongolian hordes. Away from Infs, snipe enemies. Currently personal At weapons are more like Self defensive weapon. And if tanks want to kill more infs? they just can squeeze them literally lol.
- Rocket vehicles easily destroy front lines. It's not OP as I think except for OKW's but it can counter Infantries, buildings, AT guns easily.
- If someone's front line pulled back to the HQ, he can fight with more efficiency.
- Game continues over 30 minutes quiet a lot of times.
And Axis have STRONGER points due to the game's aspect.
- Panther wins nearly every tanks(except for comet I guess ;D) and infantries. for Infs, I know a single panther can't stop 5 squads of rifleman with bazookas. but associate with one more panther or with other units, It can easily escape from danger. And probably axis would launch rokets there. And for a Tank battle. Panther simply has mounted Pak40 with 980 of hp, one of the strongest armor and nearly top class of mobility. And if you think panther is difficult to produce?? if the battle continues more than 30 min, a good player would have 2 or more panther.
- Axis can be replenished easier than soviets and other allies. First of all, they have forward HQ. And a quiet hidden advantage: Grenadier have lesser cost on replenishment compare to USA and Soviet. If conscripts have 2 squad man left and grenadier have lost 2 man? Soviets suffers nearly 10 more manpower. Volks are just too strong for their cost.
- And no.2 characteristic gives additional ability to fight longer.
- MOST CRUCIAL ADVANTAGE: In later game(over 30min) phase, everyone would have max cap troops and tanks. and it makes THE GERMANS WIN. They got panthers, some super heavy tanks that can kill either infantries and tanks.
So yes. In longer point of view. Axis have to win the game. Due to superior tank power... I know Brits are strong as nassi friends so I won't complain about it. The one which faction need buff right now is soviet.
And it doesn't need any specific control on units
JUST MAKE THE SOVIETS POP CAP UP TO 130~150.
So they can build additional 2 or 3 more tanks. Usually Max cap battle goes with 3 tanks vs 3 tanks. So it got unbalanced. Give Soviets historically accurate MASS armies as well as for good balance.
(Don't say that mass army would beat Germany easily. you can block 12 squads of volks wave with 3 maxim. And we got rockets you know)
I hope relic show us some good patch. How do you think guys?